Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite 18:22 - Mar 5 with 24458 viewsrafc1984

Board if this is to be, I urge you to think as it is a completely uninspiring appointment. He has done nothing to deserve the managers job at our beloved football club.
How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 16:07 - Mar 6 with 2815 viewsjudd

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 15:56 - Mar 6 by sweetcorn

Why do people seemingly re-write history with Hill, we didn’t just pluck him out of obscurity, he was caretaker manager and the results he produced forced the boards hand in taking him as manager..

Evatt doesn’t exactly have a body of work to judge him off does he..

...unless he did a line off a stripper as well...

Poll: What is it to be then?

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 16:12 - Mar 6 with 2779 viewsNinco

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 15:56 - Mar 6 by sweetcorn

Why do people seemingly re-write history with Hill, we didn’t just pluck him out of obscurity, he was caretaker manager and the results he produced forced the boards hand in taking him as manager..

Evatt doesn’t exactly have a body of work to judge him off does he..

They are not 'plucking anyone out of obscurity'.

I don't believe for one minute that the board will just randomly pick a lower league manager and give him the job. They will have spoken to people who have worked with him, possibly even been to watch him. They will do plenty of research.

Yes, it's a gamble, but so is anyone. Who is to say if we went for a well known experienced manager he would do any better? Whoever we get has got to work with Hill's players. We are likely to go down anyway so lets at least give this fella a chance and don't write him off before we have seen what he can do. How do you think he would feel if he reads this message board and sees that people are already on his back?
How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 16:24 - Mar 6 with 2720 views49thseason

"They will do plenty of research" and you know this how?
The only way to get the right man for the job, it to run an interview / selection process that is designed to find someone with pre-ordained qualities, Someone who speaks with an authentic 1st person voice (I not we). and where previous results have reflected the work he has undertaken and match his explanation of how he achieved them.
Hearing "good things" from "sources" is not the way to run such an important process. The future of the club rests on the appointee's shoulders. This is not an interview for a deputy groundsman.
How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 16:30 - Mar 6 with 2691 viewsNinco

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 16:24 - Mar 6 by 49thseason

"They will do plenty of research" and you know this how?
The only way to get the right man for the job, it to run an interview / selection process that is designed to find someone with pre-ordained qualities, Someone who speaks with an authentic 1st person voice (I not we). and where previous results have reflected the work he has undertaken and match his explanation of how he achieved them.
Hearing "good things" from "sources" is not the way to run such an important process. The future of the club rests on the appointee's shoulders. This is not an interview for a deputy groundsman.

Yes, I am aware how an interview and selection process works, but are you saying that when you have been interviewed for jobs, they have never contacted a former employer for references or looked at your past performance history?
How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 16:34 - Mar 6 with 2657 viewssweetcorn

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 16:12 - Mar 6 by Ninco

They are not 'plucking anyone out of obscurity'.

I don't believe for one minute that the board will just randomly pick a lower league manager and give him the job. They will have spoken to people who have worked with him, possibly even been to watch him. They will do plenty of research.

Yes, it's a gamble, but so is anyone. Who is to say if we went for a well known experienced manager he would do any better? Whoever we get has got to work with Hill's players. We are likely to go down anyway so lets at least give this fella a chance and don't write him off before we have seen what he can do. How do you think he would feel if he reads this message board and sees that people are already on his back?

You mean like the research we put into appointing Steve Eyre, that all worked out brilliantly.

I’d have go for a manager who has results suggesting he’s capable of the job. Evatt hasn’t even managed enough games to have done a season. Majority of which are in a league which still has semi-pro teams..

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 16:36 - Mar 6 with 2650 viewsNinco

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 16:34 - Mar 6 by sweetcorn

You mean like the research we put into appointing Steve Eyre, that all worked out brilliantly.

I’d have go for a manager who has results suggesting he’s capable of the job. Evatt hasn’t even managed enough games to have done a season. Majority of which are in a league which still has semi-pro teams..

Evatt isn't coming. See the other post about the Twitter post
How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 16:42 - Mar 6 with 2616 viewsWizard

Tony Ellis now down to 2/1 and BBM 4/1 on BetVictor

Poll: Player of the season 18/19

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 16:45 - Mar 6 with 2596 viewssweetcorn

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 16:36 - Mar 6 by Ninco

Evatt isn't coming. See the other post about the Twitter post

He could still come. Keith Hill played down coming to us a second time and the old “business as usual”

I’m hoping he isn’t though.

Login to get fewer ads

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 17:29 - Mar 6 with 2417 viewsJimmyRustler

Of course every manager is a gamble but it's called playing the percentages. You can't give an impassioned speech about seizing our chance to stay in League 1 and then appointment a manager who has 30 games to his name in non league. Unless you don't mean what you say of course (like backing the manager last week).

The comparisons to KH are laughable and tiresome. He was put in on a temporary basis but then put himself in a position where we couldn't not appoint him. Huge difference
How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 18:30 - Mar 6 with 2261 viewssweetcorn

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 16:07 - Mar 6 by judd

...unless he did a line off a stripper as well...

Must have been a hell of a night.

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 19:49 - Mar 6 with 2055 viewskiwidale

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 13:52 - Mar 6 by JimmyRustler

The most straightforward answer to the question posed in the title is that those ITK reckon it's a done deal/someone has stuck a white fiver on him in the betting.

However, I can't help but be concerned by the duelling narratives presented by the club if he does indeed get appointed. We apparently sacked KH as the club saw the upcoming fixtures and remaining games as a good opportunity to retain our League 1 status. With that in mind, why on earth would we appoint someone with no football league experience/experience of managing a relegation threatened team? (3 games in charge of Chesterfield does not count for anything).

Does Evatt being in charge really give us more chance of staying up than with KH at the helm? The short answer is does it fvck. The long answer is nobody truly knows and that's the concerning thing. It would be an absolute punt and roll of the dice, nothing more.

If the board have ended up sacking KH, (the man who kept us up last year in a similar scenario and has gotten us promoted twice from League 2) in order to take a punt on an unproven manager after spouting that crap then we will know that they're just talking out of their arse and don't give a shiny shite

There is a lot of food for thought in that post its got me reassessing the situation. Taking a punt on an untested manager is not an option I would take, however sticking with Hill was also not an option. Its important we don't rush the appointment, in BBM and Ellis we have vastly experienced men who know the club and the players, they will know why we are in the position we are which in my opinion was down simply to appalling management, selections and formations. I could add to that the appalling recruitment but I have a feeling, maybe its just a hope that the new guys could, in spite of their inexperience be the answer they just need a solid platform to showcase their obvious talent.

very very good post Jimmy.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2019 20:30]

This is not the time for bickering.

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 20:42 - Mar 6 with 1905 viewsDaleFan7

Out to 8/11. BBM into 2/1.
How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 20:44 - Mar 6 with 1887 viewsThacks_Rabbits

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 20:42 - Mar 6 by DaleFan7

Out to 8/11. BBM into 2/1.

Bbm was always a decent bet at 10/1 as I mentioned earlier

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024