Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite 18:22 - Mar 5 with 24466 viewsrafc1984

Board if this is to be, I urge you to think as it is a completely uninspiring appointment. He has done nothing to deserve the managers job at our beloved football club.
How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 21:11 - Mar 5 with 3201 viewsfitzochris

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 21:10 - Mar 5 by NorthernDale

Was Ian Evett not the manager of Chesterfield towards the end of last season, when they got relegated from the Football League?

Yes, although there wasn’t much he could do by the time he was.

Barrow currently two down at home to Leyton Orient.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 21:13 - Mar 5 with 3174 views1907

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 21:08 - Mar 5 by rochdale_ranger

Grief? I literally don’t know anybody who posts on here personally they can take my posts or leave them as I do theirs. And as for being hard done by I’m not the one who can’t follow what is being said or grasp the fact that you are comparing Hill being given the job and us going out looking for a non league manager.

You just feel the need to insult anybody for having a vaguely different opinion on things.

Says a lot.
How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 21:14 - Mar 5 with 3159 views1907

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 21:03 - Mar 5 by sweetcorn

I know you didn’t, 1907 did.

What are you talking about?

I said if he had been through a selection process and was found to be the best candidate then he deserves it on merit.
How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 21:17 - Mar 5 with 3140 viewsrochedale

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 20:58 - Mar 5 by RAFCBLUE

We did well with the speed of appointing of Keith Hill the same with the sacking of John Coleman in 2013. That was a 1 day recruitment cycle.

John Coleman sacked on 21 January 2013
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/21123927

Keith Hill reappointed on 22 January 2013
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/21145204

Equally coincidental was that Keith Hill signed his compromise agreement with Barnsley a few days before his reappointment.

Ian Evatt would be a big risk for a League 1 relegation fight; unproven in managerial terms.

I would expect us to appoint a man local to North West football either living locally currently or from the North West but currently managing elsewhere.....

KH actually called one of the directors and asked to come back, the rest, as they say, is history.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 21:22 - Mar 5 with 3087 viewsTVOS1907

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 21:11 - Mar 5 by fitzochris

Comeback on - 2-3 now

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 21:23 - Mar 5 with 3080 viewsfitzochris

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 21:22 - Mar 5 by TVOS1907

Comeback on - 2-3 now

Sign him up.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 21:34 - Mar 5 with 3010 viewsSandyman

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 21:01 - Mar 5 by sweetcorn

Jesus christ its like trying to platt fog.

Keith hill was unattached when we appointed him, ian evatt is under contract. I’m not saying it can’t be done in a short time.

My point is that we’re actively trying to get Evatt? Not that he’s been successful going through an interview process where candidates have applied.

Interview process? That went by the wayside when the current CEO got the job quicksticks.
How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 21:47 - Mar 5 with 2929 viewsThacks_Rabbits

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 21:34 - Mar 5 by Sandyman

Interview process? That went by the wayside when the current CEO got the job quicksticks.

Evett now 4/11 with sky, basically half as likely in odds terms as couple of hours ago.

Ring up and see if they will take a grand on Craig Bellamy at 33/1

They will let you have about £30 at about 6/1 and move price to about 5/1.

It’s a tiny market that any bet will influence hugely due to insider info. It’s about a 300% book already, without people not even named. Mug punt unless you know for sure, even then you won’t make a lot.

If you know for sure 100% then pm me and I will half the profits, I know how to back a cert without scaring the bookies 👍
[Post edited 5 Mar 2019 21:51]

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Login to get fewer ads

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 21:48 - Mar 5 with 2929 viewsrochdaleriddler

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 21:22 - Mar 5 by TVOS1907

Comeback on - 2-3 now

A poster on barrow forum left at half time, citing dire football, another bemoaned their lack of striking ability!
[Post edited 5 Mar 2019 22:03]

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 21:55 - Mar 5 with 2887 viewsrochdale_ranger

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 21:17 - Mar 5 by rochedale

KH actually called one of the directors and asked to come back, the rest, as they say, is history.

How could you possibly know that. Should be known as the bullshit board this.
How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 22:05 - Mar 5 with 2833 viewsCrede_Sign0

All a PR smokescreen - so that we are manoeuvred into a space of being chuffed’ when Evans rolls into town......
How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 22:06 - Mar 5 with 2820 viewsDaleFan7

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 19:26 - Mar 5 by Brierls

While I don't agree he'd be on a par with Eyre, we simply don't know, I agree it would be a uninspiring appointment on paper.

If the likes of Flynn and Hurst have been approached and turned us down (that would have to have happened very quickly) then I don't suspect we have much choice than to be looking at up and coming managers. Evatt falls into that category and he looks to have done a good job at Barrow, who are probably the National League equivalent of Dale in League One as far as budgets go.

We HAD to sack Hilly though. We HAD to. Apparently. As some have said, be careful what you wish for. Idiots.

As much as I'm smarting over us sacking Hilly, whoever comes in has to be given backing and support. I'd just rather it was somebody we as fans could get excitied about.

The suggestion that I, as a Dale fan, would want a manager who has clearly lost something and has us conceding 74 goals in 35 games, falling out with fans, 1 win in 11 in 2019, no back to back home wins for 18 months to be relieved of his duties makes me an idiot shows the mentality of some posters on here. Don't judge me by your own blinkered, numb, rose tinted standards.

Hill has gone. Get over it. There was life before him, there will be life after him. He had no managerial experience when he was made manager. There are other capable managers out there waiting to be discovered. The heart hasn't been ripped out of the club. The heart of a club is its supporters. They'll still be there on Saturday as they are every Saturday.
How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 22:29 - Mar 5 with 2724 viewsboromat

Don't understand the surprise in the types of names being flirted around. I can't remember us ever naming a 'name' manager and it working out. Hollins didn't stay around long and does anyone remember Buckley 🙈. Anyway we'll probably want to save some money on the appointment. Guessing the memory of Steve Eyre will probably put us off the youth team managers. If we don't hire from within like Dunphy and Hill had previously aimed to put in place then I'd guess non league is a likely option that we'll look at.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 22:31 - Mar 5 with 2710 viewsrochedale

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 21:55 - Mar 5 by rochdale_ranger

How could you possibly know that. Should be known as the bullshit board this.

Because said director told me, nob head.

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 22:43 - Mar 5 with 2629 viewsrochdale_ranger

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 22:31 - Mar 5 by rochedale

Because said director told me, nob head.

Ok then ;)
How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 22:53 - Mar 5 with 2595 viewsBrierls

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 22:06 - Mar 5 by DaleFan7

The suggestion that I, as a Dale fan, would want a manager who has clearly lost something and has us conceding 74 goals in 35 games, falling out with fans, 1 win in 11 in 2019, no back to back home wins for 18 months to be relieved of his duties makes me an idiot shows the mentality of some posters on here. Don't judge me by your own blinkered, numb, rose tinted standards.

Hill has gone. Get over it. There was life before him, there will be life after him. He had no managerial experience when he was made manager. There are other capable managers out there waiting to be discovered. The heart hasn't been ripped out of the club. The heart of a club is its supporters. They'll still be there on Saturday as they are every Saturday.

If you'd C&P the whole of my post, you'd have seen exactly that (but you know that already)...

"Hilly has gone. I want the new manager to come in and oversee a huge improvement on entertainment, performances and results. If we stay up it is a miracle and we have every reason to be optimistic going into next season. If we go down fighting, we have a reason to be optimistic going into next season. If nothing changes and we go down without a whimper, then I really fear for the club as a whole next season because the heart of the club has been ripped out."

The heart of the club, the success that we've had in living memory led by Chris Dunphy and Keith Hill, has been ripped out. Fan's are at each others throats.

The point that I made about you saying fans with an opposing view on Hilly's dismissal would want Dale to fail just so they could say "I told you so" stands. That's what makes you an idiot, and no amount of stats can disguise that.
How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 22:56 - Mar 5 with 2568 views49thseason

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 22:29 - Mar 5 by boromat

Don't understand the surprise in the types of names being flirted around. I can't remember us ever naming a 'name' manager and it working out. Hollins didn't stay around long and does anyone remember Buckley 🙈. Anyway we'll probably want to save some money on the appointment. Guessing the memory of Steve Eyre will probably put us off the youth team managers. If we don't hire from within like Dunphy and Hill had previously aimed to put in place then I'd guess non league is a likely option that we'll look at.

Buckley had a holiday booked and missed a big chunk of pre-season. That in itself should have been a reason not to employ him.... but it wasn't. There are no certainties when appointing a manager but there are a number of things that should disqualify one.

Is there anyone on the board that has ever interviewed a football manager before?
What are their key requirements?
How will they know when the right person presents himself?
How will they check his credentials?
Will they have an interview plan designed to uncover the right man or just ask random questions about football?
Will they consider getting expert help to thin out the applicants?
Will they run psychometric tests on the candidates?

From our perspective, it looks like guesswork rather than a well thought out deliberate process. Probably how we ended up with Coleman and FRMSE. BS baffles brains after all.
How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 23:00 - Mar 5 with 2555 viewsrochedale

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 22:43 - Mar 5 by rochdale_ranger

Ok then ;)

You were definitely bullied at school.

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 23:05 - Mar 5 with 2532 viewssweetcorn

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 22:56 - Mar 5 by 49thseason

Buckley had a holiday booked and missed a big chunk of pre-season. That in itself should have been a reason not to employ him.... but it wasn't. There are no certainties when appointing a manager but there are a number of things that should disqualify one.

Is there anyone on the board that has ever interviewed a football manager before?
Will they have an interview plan designed to uncover the right man or just ask random questions about football?

From our perspective, it looks like guesswork rather than a well thought out deliberate process. Probably how we ended up with Coleman and FRMSE. BS baffles brains after all.

Coleman at the the time was a shrewd choice to have as football manager at this club and of given time would have most likely got it right at Rochdale.

His style of football and general take on the game seemingly didn’t endear him to our fanbase (I personally had no ill feeling toward him and sacking him for anyone bar hill would have been stupid)

There’s no reason why we can’t be a bit more ambitious than someone who hasn’t even completed a full season at a football club.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 23:20 - Mar 5 with 2485 viewsBrierls

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 22:56 - Mar 5 by 49thseason

I agree on Buckley. The fact that we went through with his appointment even after he stuck with his holiday plans during pre-season was surprising. He didn't take the job seriously from the off.

Coleman looked like the perfect fit to be fair and we persued him and went through several rounds of negotiation with Accy before we got our man. That one didn't work out but I don't think any blame could be attached to the board for that one.

FRMSE. That was a joke and every bit of blame could be attached to the board for having the wool pulled over their eyes.

Somebody said elsewhere that appointing a manager is a lottery. I agree with that to an extent, but I'd rather we took 'the Coleman approach' and persue somebody who has been there and done it on this occasion. I don't mean a football dinosaur, I'm talking about the likes of Hurst or Flynn. If we can't attract that man then fair enough (though that raises the question of why sack Hill now), an up and coming coach could re-create that spark and should have our full backing when appointed.
How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 23:48 - Mar 5 with 2420 viewsBrierls

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 21:11 - Mar 5 by fitzochris

Our defence is that bad you only need to be linked with the job and your team starts shipping goals
How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 00:01 - Mar 6 with 2405 viewsBlueDales

From having a bit of a look on their forum re: Evatt taking the Dale job. One poster put: "Rochdale job: "I don't know anything about it. I'm the Barrow manager" He didn't convincingly dismiss it, though," in reference to Evatt's comments in his post match interview tonight. By the sounds of things, he hasn't said that he's not taking the job here.
How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 02:53 - Mar 6 with 2297 viewspioneer

Bottom half of the National league, won 33% of games played, negative goal difference - whats the attraction...he comes cheap?
How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 06:40 - Mar 6 with 2174 viewsNorthernDale

I would go for Steve Evans, he will upset many people with attitude, but he is quite a successful and is experienced manager at league 1 & 2. But does the board what a Keith Hill type of manager or a yes man?
How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 06:47 - Mar 6 with 2161 viewsrochdaleriddler

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 06:40 - Mar 6 by NorthernDale

I would go for Steve Evans, he will upset many people with attitude, but he is quite a successful and is experienced manager at league 1 & 2. But does the board what a Keith Hill type of manager or a yes man?

He may sort the pie situation out also

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024