Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite 18:22 - Mar 5 with 24457 viewsrafc1984

Board if this is to be, I urge you to think as it is a completely uninspiring appointment. He has done nothing to deserve the managers job at our beloved football club.
How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 19:54 - Mar 5 with 3003 viewssweetcorn

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 19:50 - Mar 5 by 1907

Oh right. Who did the most successful manager in our history manage before us you pillock?

If he goes through an application & interview process and is found to be successful then he is deserving of the role... Pillock.

There’s a difference between a caretaker impressing and keeping the job, than actively seeking out an inexperienced candidate. Surely thats not difficult to understand?

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 20:06 - Mar 5 with 2941 viewsThacks_Rabbits

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 19:40 - Mar 5 by sweetcorn

Lol fairplay, i’ve been whooshed

Was not a whoosh attempt tbh, just wanted to see if he appears on sky bet in next hour or so

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 20:09 - Mar 5 with 2918 viewskiwidale

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 19:32 - Mar 5 by Thacks_Rabbits

Holt has appeared on the betting recently at 20/1 which could purely be because his name has appeared here once or twice.

I have heard from a source very close to the club that we have interviewed Dave Sutton for the role, he is very willing to return and help our youngsters bloom, and believes his grass roots background will help the club blossom.

I also heard that Tim flowers will be brought in as assistant, with Kevin rose as goalkeeping coach.

Sutton has his roots in Rochdale and believes from acorns mighty oaks grow, and yew would be chestnuts not to have a bet on him!!!

I'd sooner be birched.

This is not the time for bickering.

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 20:10 - Mar 5 with 2905 views1907

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 19:54 - Mar 5 by sweetcorn

There’s a difference between a caretaker impressing and keeping the job, than actively seeking out an inexperienced candidate. Surely thats not difficult to understand?

How do you know we have actively sought him out?

How do you not know that he applied for the job & his agent has passed this on to the relevant news outlets?
How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 20:13 - Mar 5 with 2864 viewsBrierls

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 19:49 - Mar 5 by 49thseason

My only hope at this stage is that the BoD does plenty of due diligence on whoever they decide to appoint and don't just check his wiki page.
On the basis that the teams with the best defences are the ones that win things, it would be great if the next guy knows a left back and a couple of centre halves that would come to Rochdale without having to go back to his previous club and sign his mates.

To be fair to Evatt, looking at results alone Barrow look pretty sound defensively.
How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 20:13 - Mar 5 with 2859 viewskiwidale

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 19:32 - Mar 5 by Thacks_Rabbits

Holt has appeared on the betting recently at 20/1 which could purely be because his name has appeared here once or twice.

I have heard from a source very close to the club that we have interviewed Dave Sutton for the role, he is very willing to return and help our youngsters bloom, and believes his grass roots background will help the club blossom.

I also heard that Tim flowers will be brought in as assistant, with Kevin rose as goalkeeping coach.

Sutton has his roots in Rochdale and believes from acorns mighty oaks grow, and yew would be chestnuts not to have a bet on him!!!

By Gum Acacia wondering Sutton is not the man for us

This is not the time for bickering.

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 20:15 - Mar 5 with 2843 viewsThacks_Rabbits

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 20:09 - Mar 5 by kiwidale

I'd sooner be birched.

John Ryan will be providing the transportation for away matches, but don’t look too closely at the engine serial numbers.

Every team needs a John Ryan as a driver.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 20:26 - Mar 5 with 2795 viewsfitzochris

At least we will know how he will set up the team...

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Login to get fewer ads

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 20:28 - Mar 5 with 2788 viewssweetcorn

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 20:10 - Mar 5 by 1907

How do you know we have actively sought him out?

How do you not know that he applied for the job & his agent has passed this on to the relevant news outlets?

The clue is in the fact that he’s under contract with Barrow. We can’t just go around speaking to anyone, there are rules in place against that in football.

If we’re getting Evatt we’ve asked for Barrow’s permission, hence we’ve sought him out.

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 20:29 - Mar 5 with 2773 viewsjudd

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 20:28 - Mar 5 by sweetcorn

The clue is in the fact that he’s under contract with Barrow. We can’t just go around speaking to anyone, there are rules in place against that in football.

If we’re getting Evatt we’ve asked for Barrow’s permission, hence we’ve sought him out.

Hmmm

Poll: What is it to be then?

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 20:33 - Mar 5 with 2739 views1907

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 20:28 - Mar 5 by sweetcorn

We all know that most contracts in football are worth very little when it comes down to it.

Evatt could have applied for the job whether he’s under contract or not.

At the end of the day, none of us know or will know anyway.
How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 20:41 - Mar 5 with 2672 viewsSuddenLad

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 20:33 - Mar 5 by 1907

We all know that most contracts in football are worth very little when it comes down to it.

"Undisclosed"

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 20:43 - Mar 5 with 2663 viewssweetcorn

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 20:33 - Mar 5 by 1907

What the contract is worth isn’t what we’re discussing, its the fact there are rules in place regarding that sort of thing.

Take a look at watford and everton for an example.

Also we’ve done well to sack Hill, arrange interviews, get them all done and decided on considering its only been a day.

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 20:49 - Mar 5 with 2578 viewsrochdale_ranger

Hill was a stroke of luck. He was brought in as an interim manager and his results were that impressive he was given the job permanently. How is that the same as getting rid of a proven football league manager for a non leaguer. If it’s true it will be typical Rochdale doing things on the trashy cheap side again. You are worse then a pillock.
How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 20:50 - Mar 5 with 2573 viewsrochdaleriddler

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 20:43 - Mar 5 by sweetcorn

What the contract is worth isn’t what we’re discussing, its the fact there are rules in place regarding that sort of thing.

Also we’ve done well to sack Hill, arrange interviews, get them all done and decided on considering its only been a day.

HOw often are managers sacked and the replacement is in within a few days? Approaches are made while the incumbent is still plotting for the next game in blissful ignorance . If we have sacked Hill and there is no plan, well that would be worrying

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 20:53 - Mar 5 with 2545 viewssweetcorn

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 20:50 - Mar 5 by rochdaleriddler

HOw often are managers sacked and the replacement is in within a few days? Approaches are made while the incumbent is still plotting for the next game in blissful ignorance . If we have sacked Hill and there is no plan, well that would be worrying

have you understood what i’ve written? Thats exactly the point im making, but you’re coming at me like i’m suggesting something else.

If we install Evatt in the coming days, WE’VE approached Evatt, not held interviews looking for a manager that Evatt has impressed in.

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 20:57 - Mar 5 with 2512 viewswroughtironron

If Evatt gets the job, as a young ambitious Manager looking to further his career, we need to back him.

We were going down with Hill in command - if the new guy pulls off an escape, he's the new Messiah - If he doesn't, well what have we lost?
How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 20:58 - Mar 5 with 2495 viewsRAFCBLUE

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 20:43 - Mar 5 by sweetcorn

We did well with the speed of appointing of Keith Hill the same with the sacking of John Coleman in 2013. That was a 1 day recruitment cycle.

John Coleman sacked on 21 January 2013
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/21123927

Keith Hill reappointed on 22 January 2013
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/21145204

Equally coincidental was that Keith Hill signed his compromise agreement with Barnsley a few days before his reappointment.

Ian Evatt would be a big risk for a League 1 relegation fight; unproven in managerial terms.

I would expect us to appoint a man local to North West football either living locally currently or from the North West but currently managing elsewhere.....

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 20:59 - Mar 5 with 2481 views1907

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 20:49 - Mar 5 by rochdale_ranger

Hill was a stroke of luck. He was brought in as an interim manager and his results were that impressive he was given the job permanently. How is that the same as getting rid of a proven football league manager for a non leaguer. If it’s true it will be typical Rochdale doing things on the trashy cheap side again. You are worse then a pillock.

The way you speak to people on here is disgusting.

You have the biggest chip on your shoulder of any poster I’ve seen.

It’s no wonder so many people give you grief.
How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 21:00 - Mar 5 with 2474 viewsrochdaleriddler

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 20:53 - Mar 5 by sweetcorn

have you understood what i’ve written? Thats exactly the point im making, but you’re coming at me like i’m suggesting something else.

If we install Evatt in the coming days, WE’VE approached Evatt, not held interviews looking for a manager that Evatt has impressed in.

I’m not coming at you, I’m saying it’s common practice, I never suggested he was interviewed, I suggested his coaching techniques may have been admired at hopwood hall .

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 21:01 - Mar 5 with 2455 viewssweetcorn

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 20:58 - Mar 5 by RAFCBLUE

We did well with the speed of appointing of Keith Hill the same with the sacking of John Coleman in 2013. That was a 1 day recruitment cycle.

John Coleman sacked on 21 January 2013
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/21123927

Keith Hill reappointed on 22 January 2013
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/21145204

Equally coincidental was that Keith Hill signed his compromise agreement with Barnsley a few days before his reappointment.

Ian Evatt would be a big risk for a League 1 relegation fight; unproven in managerial terms.

I would expect us to appoint a man local to North West football either living locally currently or from the North West but currently managing elsewhere.....

Jesus christ its like trying to platt fog.

Keith hill was unattached when we appointed him, ian evatt is under contract. I’m not saying it can’t be done in a short time.

My point is that we’re actively trying to get Evatt? Not that he’s been successful going through an interview process where candidates have applied.

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 21:02 - Mar 5 with 2436 viewsMoonyDale

On another thread Sweetcorn said it could be just Skybet creating a market where none existed re Evatt and a few people sticking a few quid on, it doesn't take much to shift the odds like it has in this case....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 21:03 - Mar 5 with 2425 viewssweetcorn

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 21:00 - Mar 5 by rochdaleriddler

I’m not coming at you, I’m saying it’s common practice, I never suggested he was interviewed, I suggested his coaching techniques may have been admired at hopwood hall .

I know you didn’t, 1907 did.

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 21:08 - Mar 5 with 2385 viewsrochdale_ranger

How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 20:59 - Mar 5 by 1907

The way you speak to people on here is disgusting.

You have the biggest chip on your shoulder of any poster I’ve seen.

It’s no wonder so many people give you grief.

Grief? I literally don’t know anybody who posts on here personally they can take my posts or leave them as I do theirs. And as for being hard done by I’m not the one who can’t follow what is being said or grasp the fact that you are comparing Hill being given the job and us going out looking for a non league manager.
How/why the fook is Ian evatt odds on favourite on 21:10 - Mar 5 with 2365 viewsNorthernDale

Was Ian Evett not the manager of Chesterfield towards the end of last season, when they got relegated from the Football League?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024