Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team for tomorrow night? 00:02 - Aug 26 with 11838 viewsD_Dale

"Wonder what we'll have in reserve for Tuesday? Players like Hendo, Camps (who ran his bollocks off) and Mathieson deserve a break."

This, part of a longer post soon after the end of Saturday's match, seems not not to have been picked up on. Maybe there's a case for making these three subs for the Carlisle game, but I'd prefer BB-M to field what he judges to be his strongest team.

In the first round, Carlisle won 3-0 at Barnsley, so their players might be confident of getting a result against Dale. Although there seems not to be much money in it (£7,000 for round 2 winners?), there's a chance of TV money should there be 'big club' opponents. And psychologically, it's better for the players to develop a winning mentality.
Team for tomorrow night? on 20:51 - Aug 27 with 2718 viewsrichfoad32

Team for tomorrow night? on 20:39 - Aug 27 by isitme

Fairly comfortable half. Not really got out of second gear. Lovely strike by Morley. Andrew is struggling with the passing football.

I think it's a style that will suit Wilbraham nicely if/when he's ever fit again. Apologies if I've missed it but has there been any news on his availability?
Team for tomorrow night? on 20:58 - Aug 27 with 2659 viewsDorsetDale

Team for tomorrow night? on 20:51 - Aug 27 by richfoad32

I think it's a style that will suit Wilbraham nicely if/when he's ever fit again. Apologies if I've missed it but has there been any news on his availability?

There's an interview on daleplayer with Lee Riley. He said Wilbs is back training and hopes to be involved fairly soon.

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Team for tomorrow night? on 20:58 - Aug 27 with 2657 viewsnordenblue

Sure I read somewhere his specific injury "type" (calf?) he should be fit anytime now
Team for tomorrow night? on 21:01 - Aug 27 with 2630 viewsYorkshire_Dale

"...we're not going to rush him back" (from injury) Lee Riley posted today.......see you in 2020.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2019 21:02]
Team for tomorrow night? on 21:16 - Aug 27 with 2503 viewsSuddenLad

2-1.. Carlisle penalty....

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Team for tomorrow night? on 21:18 - Aug 27 with 2467 viewsNigeriamark

Team for tomorrow night? on 20:48 - Aug 27 by aleanddale

Calvin had a shocker first half!.

I love Calvin but tonight he looks way off the pace / match fit.

Hoping game time helps him get up to speed but everything currently just not working one chest down excepted!!

Cue a brace second half!!!

2-1 now. Penalty given away by O'connell
Team for tomorrow night? on 21:19 - Aug 27 with 2458 viewsDale23years

Team for tomorrow night? on 21:16 - Aug 27 by SuddenLad

2-1.. Carlisle penalty....

Never a penalty

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Team for tomorrow night? on 21:26 - Aug 27 with 2344 viewsNigeriamark

Team for tomorrow night? on 21:19 - Aug 27 by Dale23years

Never a penalty

sounds like the ref has made up for it by not giving them a penalty that should have been
Login to get fewer ads

Team for tomorrow night? on 21:42 - Aug 27 with 2176 viewsnordenblue

FT 2.1 and through to the 3rd round
Team for tomorrow night? on 21:42 - Aug 27 with 2175 viewsNigeriamark

Team for tomorrow night? on 21:26 - Aug 27 by Nigeriamark

sounds like the ref has made up for it by not giving them a penalty that should have been

Finished 2-1. Sounded very comfortable up to their goal and then they had a few more chances to equalise. Morley got MOM

Continues the good start to the season & lets hope for a plum home tie ( when is the draw?)
Team for tomorrow night? on 21:48 - Aug 27 with 2072 viewsDaleiLama

Job done. Fingers crossed for a payday tie next round.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Team for tomorrow night? on 21:48 - Aug 27 with 2072 viewsSheffdale

Team for tomorrow night? on 21:42 - Aug 27 by Nigeriamark

Finished 2-1. Sounded very comfortable up to their goal and then they had a few more chances to equalise. Morley got MOM

Continues the good start to the season & lets hope for a plum home tie ( when is the draw?)

🏆 The @Carabao_Cup
Round Three draw takes place on Wednesday evening, live on Sky Sports from Sincil Bank, following the conclusion of Lincoln City's game v Everton

Dale are ball number 32
Team for tomorrow night? on 21:55 - Aug 27 with 1973 viewsMIlnrowdale

Stoke away
Team for tomorrow night? on 21:56 - Aug 27 with 1967 viewsisitme

We made hard work of that second half, although the changes didn't help. Ryan going off left a gap in front out the back four.

In my opinion the penalty was harsh but the ref had a bad view and the lino didn't have a much better one. He did even it up as it was handball a short while later as his arm was raised and not in a natural position.

Morley and Ryan played well as did both centre backs. Calvin didn't get much better second half opitomised by right at the death when rather than running the ball into their half he held it up on the half way line and lost it!

Hopefully we get a good draw.
Team for tomorrow night? on 21:56 - Aug 27 with 1961 viewsfitzochris

Team for tomorrow night? on 21:42 - Aug 27 by Nigeriamark

Cracking first half but foot eased off the throttle a little in the second. Didn’t look like a penalty but would need to see it again. Sanchez kept our lead in tact at the end.

Good result all told.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Team for tomorrow night? on 22:08 - Aug 27 with 1867 viewsrochdaleriddler

Thought we created our own problems tonight. We invited them onto us. Poor display from Calvin. Bit disappointing that a thousand season ticket holders chose not to come, even though tickets were dirt cheap

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Team for tomorrow night? on 22:13 - Aug 27 with 1809 viewsDalenet

Team for tomorrow night? on 22:08 - Aug 27 by rochdaleriddler

Thought we created our own problems tonight. We invited them onto us. Poor display from Calvin. Bit disappointing that a thousand season ticket holders chose not to come, even though tickets were dirt cheap

Some of us live 150 miles away and Tuesday night games not easy to get to. More concerned that quite a few local non season ticket holders that won't pay £25 (and who can blame then) didn't think it was worth £15.
Team for tomorrow night? on 22:15 - Aug 27 with 1784 viewsisitme

Team for tomorrow night? on 22:13 - Aug 27 by Dalenet

Some of us live 150 miles away and Tuesday night games not easy to get to. More concerned that quite a few local non season ticket holders that won't pay £25 (and who can blame then) didn't think it was worth £15.

Or even 12/10. It qas worth that for Morley's goal alone.
Team for tomorrow night? on 22:16 - Aug 27 with 1780 viewsdawlishdale

Team for tomorrow night? on 22:08 - Aug 27 by rochdaleriddler

Agree.. we looked very comfortable until they subbed Hallam Hope off for the pacey player who caused us problems down their right.

Some of our passing movement up to then was very good, but there is always the risk of a cock up when you play pass pass pass at the back.

As it was, their penalty came following a Dale attack and a lack of challenges before a clumsy looking one that was penalised.

They then were denied one of the most blatant penalties I can remember.How the ref didn't give it I don't know.

We just about made it through, and a couple of our players have had a night off.

Great game again for Morley...well deserved mom. Jimmy Ryan looks like he will be a good addition, and his presence allows Camps to play in a more forward position. Sadly, both Calvin and Matty Done look lost at times (albeit Done scored a goal with a couple of bits of help from their comedy defending).

It's another game we would have almost certainly lost under Hill last season, so I'll take it. Well done Dale !!!
Team for tomorrow night? on 22:17 - Aug 27 with 1763 viewsTVOS1907

Team for tomorrow night? on 21:48 - Aug 27 by DaleiLama

Job done. Fingers crossed for a payday tie next round.

Or Crawley or Grimsby/Macc at home.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Team for tomorrow night? on 22:19 - Aug 27 with 1745 viewsD_Alien

Team for tomorrow night? on 22:17 - Aug 27 by TVOS1907

Or Crawley or Grimsby/Macc at home.

Grimsby/Macc

Is that a Fillet'O'Fish?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Team for tomorrow night? on 22:21 - Aug 27 with 1716 viewsTVOS1907

Team for tomorrow night? on 22:19 - Aug 27 by D_Alien

Grimsby/Macc

Is that a Fillet'O'Fish?

Now don't go ruining threads with word association games.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Team for tomorrow night? on 22:27 - Aug 27 with 1649 viewsDaley_Lama

Team for tomorrow night? on 21:19 - Aug 27 by Dale23years

Never a penalty

Deffo a penalty.

He fouled their player before clearing the ball

Poll: DF in or out

Team for tomorrow night? on 22:30 - Aug 27 with 1610 views49thseason

The biggest problem both on Saturday and tonight is that the ball does not stick with the forwards, there is no one to hold the ball up to allow the midfield to move up the pitch. Calvin was abysmal tonight and looked lost, at one point he was trying to beat their central defender to a header from behind him. Getting Wilbraham back into the side will be a big relief for the midfield and defence who hopefully will not see the ball just coming straight back at them as often.
Team for tomorrow night? on 22:34 - Aug 27 with 1564 viewsRAFCBLUE

First seven games in all competitions:

P7 W3 D3 L1 F12 A8

Great start and long may it continue. Two clean sheets in that run too.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024