Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Greta Thunberg 12:04 - Sep 20 with 5682 viewsLohengrin

Her impact is extraordinary. There’s never been anything like it even if the scramble by politicians to be associated with her does leave a taste of sick in the back of my throat.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Greta Thunberg on 22:13 - Sep 24 with 1297 viewsUxbridge

Greta Thunberg on 21:18 - Sep 24 by PentyrchJack

I agree. Her impact on politics and the media is extraordinary, but I don't feel it myself.

Is she really a prophet or a puppet of her publicity loving parents who are living their lives vicariously through her?

Just playing devil's advocate a minute, why does it actually matter? Isn't the message she's spreading and the way millions of kids, and adults, have been inspired to take up the baton of quite easily the biggest challenge we face as a species, a really important one?

It does seem that those dismissing her, or accusing her of being a puppet, are those seeking to deny the existence of climate change.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Greta Thunberg on 22:24 - Sep 24 with 1275 viewsPentyrchJack

Greta Thunberg on 22:13 - Sep 24 by Uxbridge

Just playing devil's advocate a minute, why does it actually matter? Isn't the message she's spreading and the way millions of kids, and adults, have been inspired to take up the baton of quite easily the biggest challenge we face as a species, a really important one?

It does seem that those dismissing her, or accusing her of being a puppet, are those seeking to deny the existence of climate change.

This is nothing about whether I accept or deny climate change - not everything is about polarity.

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Greta Thunberg on 22:25 - Sep 24 with 1271 viewsUxbridge

Greta Thunberg on 22:24 - Sep 24 by PentyrchJack

This is nothing about whether I accept or deny climate change - not everything is about polarity.

Most, if not all, of the comment that I've seen on her as an individual has been intertwined with the message she is stating. You surely can't deny that.

Greta Thunberg on 22:25 - Sep 24 with 1270 viewsDarran

Greta Thunberg on 22:13 - Sep 24 by Uxbridge

and adults?

Not according to your chum ECB anyway.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Greta Thunberg on 22:30 - Sep 24 with 1257 viewsUxbridge

Greta Thunberg on 22:25 - Sep 24 by Darran

and adults?

Not according to your chum ECB anyway.

Stick to winding up people on Twitter. You'll have more luck on there

Greta Thunberg on 22:31 - Sep 24 with 1256 viewsJack_Meoff

We've had the threat of climate change/starvation/overpopulation since Thomas Malthus.

Is she just the latest incarnation of the same old fear mongering?

People just don't get that level of lofty platform unless there's an agenda behind it. They just don't.

Call me Mr Cynical but there's money to be made from her stance and the impact she's having on the young as a collective.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Greta Thunberg on 22:31 - Sep 24 with 1253 viewsDarran

Greta Thunberg on 22:30 - Sep 24 by Uxbridge

Stick to winding up people on Twitter. You'll have more luck on there

Oh shut up you tart she’s had no impact on you whatsoever.

Greta Thunberg on 22:39 - Sep 24 with 1241 viewsPentyrchJack

Good to see her mum doesn't use plastic.....

Login to get fewer ads

Greta Thunberg on 22:43 - Sep 24 with 1232 viewsDarran

Greta Thunberg on 22:39 - Sep 24 by PentyrchJack

Good to see her mum doesn't use plastic.....

Greta Thunberg on 22:47 - Sep 24 with 1227 viewsLuther27

Funny thing is we are all communicating using rare earth derived devices producing God knows how much carbon emissions during production and shipping, used mainly by the generation that accuse us of destroying their future.
I can actually live without a smart phone, PC, laptop, smart tv, X Box, PlayStation and the internet. Plus I have the intelligence to wind my own windows down in a car, I can manually change gears and don't require an intelligent interface via voice control to change channels on the radio.
No...she's not changed my life or views one iota. But, if she reads this, I might change hers.
Greta Thunberg on 22:53 - Sep 24 with 1220 viewsHumpty

Greta Thunberg on 22:24 - Sep 24 by PentyrchJack

Out of interest, what is your view on climate change?

Do you agree or disagree with the scientific consensus?
Greta Thunberg on 23:06 - Sep 24 with 1198 viewslondonlisa2001

Greta Thunberg on 22:31 - Sep 24 by Jack_Meoff

We've had the threat of climate change/starvation/overpopulation since Thomas Malthus.

Is she just the latest incarnation of the same old fear mongering?

People just don't get that level of lofty platform unless there's an agenda behind it. They just don't.

Call me Mr Cynical but there's money to be made from her stance and the impact she's having on the young as a collective.

There’s a hell of a lot of money in being against her stance as well.

Unlike you to be on the side of Trump, big coal and big oil.
Greta Thunberg on 23:09 - Sep 24 with 1190 viewsDarran

Greta Thunberg on 23:06 - Sep 24 by londonlisa2001

No sane person is against her.

Greta Thunberg on 23:23 - Sep 24 with 1177 viewsPentyrchJack

Greta Thunberg on 22:53 - Sep 24 by Humpty

Out of interest, what is your view on climate change?

Do you agree or disagree with the scientific consensus?

Humpty - I agree that climate change is taking place at unprecedented levels and that one of the causes is our profligate treatment of the environment we live in. In fact, sustainability is at the very heart of one of my businesses here in Wales and the South West involving green energy production, water capture and recycling aggregates. I spend quite a bit of time elsewhere in the world and am a big fan of the Norwegian and Danish energy and waste policies. I have also seen some truly shocking pollution in Asia.

Greta Thunberg on 23:56 - Sep 24 with 1149 viewsHumpty

Greta Thunberg on 23:23 - Sep 24 by PentyrchJack

Humpty - I agree that climate change is taking place at unprecedented levels and that one of the causes is our profligate treatment of the environment we live in. In fact, sustainability is at the very heart of one of my businesses here in Wales and the South West involving green energy production, water capture and recycling aggregates. I spend quite a bit of time elsewhere in the world and am a big fan of the Norwegian and Danish energy and waste policies. I have also seen some truly shocking pollution in Asia.

Thanks.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2019 23:56]
Greta Thunberg on 23:59 - Sep 24 with 1140 viewsJack_Meoff

Greta Thunberg on 23:06 - Sep 24 by londonlisa2001

I'm not. Is it either or then?

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Greta Thunberg on 00:00 - Sep 25 with 1136 viewslondonlisa2001

Greta Thunberg on 23:59 - Sep 24 by Jack_Meoff

I'm not. Is it either or then?

To be honest, at the moment, I think it probably is, yes.
Greta Thunberg on 01:37 - Sep 25 with 1108 viewsKerouac

Greta Thunberg has become the darling of the modern left.
Why?
Because she is selling the same shite as them, sanctimony and hypocrisy.

Not the poor girl's fault mind, she is only a child...a flawed child, whose parents should know better.

This summer we had a dinner party with some friends of ours, some of whom were from London.
Inevitably they all wanted to talk about Brexit towards the end of the night (I didn't, I am sick of the hysteria coming from 'Remainers' (they are, in the main, incapable of having a conversation with someone who disagrees with them).
One of our guests was particularly hysterical, pearlers included;

- "I wish you'd leave (the country/Europe)"
(Just imagine for a second the reaction you might expect from a 'Remainer' being told by his host to "f*ck off to Europe if you love it so much").

- "The EU regulations are needed to address the Climate challenges the World faces" (this position was abandoned after I questioned him on; Germany's coal power stations and VW scandal).

- "Capitalism has caused Climate change" (again, abandoned after I questioned him on what he knew about the last ice age, how often the world can expect to have an ice age and what the differences were between what we are seeing now and what a caveman might have experienced 110,000 years ago...another line of questioning he didn't have answers for involved Communism's track record on the environment).

and finally

- "Capitalism isn't working"

...at which point I was forced to point out that as he made his living skimming off the top of Capitalist activities (he is a Trader in the City) and hopes to get rich from the tech company he started (which involves shiteloads of air travel Greta fans) that his "Capitalism isn't working" statement was not strictly true and just a tad disingenuous on his part.

I think this is the type of person Darran is talking about, there are many of them who post on here...you know who you are...peddling the sanctimony and hypocrisy to keep their delusion going, helps assuage their guilt for the ridiculously easy, comfortable, wealthy, individualistic, lifestyle they lead.

You are not fooling anyone, least of al yourself, I'm sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Greta Thunberg on 09:37 - Sep 25 with 1016 viewsmonmouth

Cool story, jackanory.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Greta Thunberg on 09:44 - Sep 25 with 1006 viewsKerouac

Greta Thunberg on 09:37 - Sep 25 by monmouth

Cool story, jackanory.

You are so impressive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Greta Thunberg on 09:50 - Sep 25 with 995 viewsWingstandwood

Greta Thunberg on 01:37 - Sep 25 by Kerouac

Why?

Not the poor girl's fault mind, she is only a child...a flawed child, whose parents should know better.

This summer we had a dinner party with some friends of ours, some of whom were from London.
Inevitably they all wanted to talk about Brexit towards the end of the night (I didn't, I am sick of the hysteria coming from 'Remainers' (they are, in the main, incapable of having a conversation with someone who disagrees with them).

(Just imagine for a second the reaction you might expect from a 'Remainer' being told by his host to "f*ck off to Europe if you love it so much").

- "The EU regulations are needed to address the Climate challenges the World faces" (this position was abandoned after I questioned him on; Germany's coal power stations and VW scandal).

- "Capitalism has caused Climate change" (again, abandoned after I questioned him on what he knew about the last ice age, how often the world can expect to have an ice age and what the differences were between what we are seeing now and what a caveman might have experienced 110,000 years ago...another line of questioning he didn't have answers for involved Communism's track record on the environment).

and finally

...at which point I was forced to point out that as he made his living skimming off the top of Capitalist activities (he is a Trader in the City) and hopes to get rich from the tech company he started (which involves shiteloads of air travel Greta fans) that his "Capitalism isn't working" statement was not strictly true and just a tad disingenuous on his part.

I think this is the type of person Darran is talking about, there are many of them who post on here...you know who you are...peddling the sanctimony and hypocrisy to keep their delusion going, helps assuage their guilt for the ridiculously easy, comfortable, wealthy, individualistic, lifestyle they lead.

Any of these shallow virtue signalling hypocritical impostors happen to fly?

Argus!

Greta Thunberg on 17:00 - Sep 25 with 888 viewsEbo

Why?

and finally

........aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand he's triggered.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Greta Thunberg on 19:20 - Sep 25 with 850 viewsexiledclaseboy

Why?

and finally

Ah, I’ve missed a Kerouac tall tale.

Poll: Tory leader

Greta Thunberg on 19:31 - Sep 25 with 841 viewsNeath_Jack

Why?

and finally

Classic Jackbastardo bull shittery.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2019 19:32]

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Greta Thunberg on 20:22 - Sep 25 with 807 viewsWarwickHunt

Greta Thunberg on 19:20 - Sep 25 by exiledclaseboy

Ah, I’ve missed a Kerouac tall tale.

Just wish they were a bit shorter though.

Brevity, wit etc.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024