Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chances missed again 16:40 - Feb 1 with 1892 viewsdarthvader

take your chances you win the game..

keep the faith coyr

Chances missed again on 19:33 - Feb 1 with 435 viewsPatfromPoole

It was Liverpool. They attack from all angles.

Tottenham aren’t in Liverpool’s league. We’ll be fine on Wednesday. Think we have a great chance to beat them.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Chances missed again on 20:04 - Feb 1 with 422 viewsRon11

Chances missed again on 18:37 - Feb 1 by Ingskneeslide

I don’t think it was a good idea to flog him either. But Cédric playing today wouldn’t have saved us just like him playing against Wolves didn’t save us then either. JWP did well today and against a lesser team will be fine and I think KWP will be ok too. An injury to one of our CBs would be more of a worry in my opinion. But I agree it doesn’t make sense that we’ve put our already thin squad under more pressure for a bit of extra dosh.

We've?
Don't you mean 'they've'?
Chances missed again on 01:09 - Feb 2 with 355 viewsTimSaint

We could and should have been 1 up at HT if only we had taken a chance or 2.
Imagine if we then had the pen given ?

It works both ways though and we didn't help ourselves.

Goals change games and once we were behind, we pushed forward in numbers and left ourselves open to the counter attacks they do so well.

1st goal should have been cleared in the build up.

The marking was so bad for the 2nd goal - not helped by Henderson coming back from an offside position and I think Stephens slipped at the crucial moment.

Bednarek missed the ball for the 3rd, letting Salah run through to score.

4th - Boufal took on 1 too many again near the Liverpool box, lost the ball and a few passes later the ball was up the other end of the pitch, in our box, not being defended strongly enough and it should have been cleared, but it's bundled in.

Back to being our own worst enemies again defensively today. Hopefully any mistakes on Wednesday won't be punished so ruthlessly !!

TimSaint

Chances missed again on 07:50 - Feb 2 with 319 viewsMarcus_y

Chances missed again on 19:03 - Feb 1 by Ingskneeslide

My concern is that our defence is showing the pre-Cedric frailties again, which caused us to ship loads of goals. Let's hope something can be done to sort out the full-back problem before we face Spurs again because they are going to attack us relentlessly down our right flank.

That’s what you said. So when Cédric was here the defence was fine but now he’s gone it’s fragile again. I think it’s silly to attribute everything good and bad to one player but we’ll have to agree to disagree.

The stats dirk posted would suggest Cedric had a major infkuence on goals conceded, woukd you not agree?

You're nothing but a lot of talk n'a' badge.

Chances missed again on 08:46 - Feb 2 with 293 viewsIngskneeslide

Chances missed again on 07:50 - Feb 2 by Marcus_y

The stats dirk posted would suggest Cedric had a major infkuence on goals conceded, woukd you not agree?

Cedric playing wasn’t unimportant to our defensive success but that stat is the kind of one-dimensional one that Dirk is famous for. Having a settled formation and CB partnership have been far more important in my opinion. It also doesn’t explain how we threw away a two goal lead with Cédric in the team against Wolves and won against Palace without him. I just find frustrating how our fans will slag players while they’re here (in some cases fair enough) but then when they leave they suddenly become heroes and the key to our success. It’s weird.
Chances missed again on 09:59 - Feb 2 with 262 viewsinthebox

Cedric has put on a good display recently, Arsenal came knocking. Cedric obviously didn't want to stay at Saints and may of sulked off for the rest of the season if we didn't let him go.
Chances missed again on 10:02 - Feb 2 with 258 viewsinthebox

Even if we'd scored 2 in the first half, we probably would of lost 4-2
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024