Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let's all take a picture 19:43 - Feb 2 with 1254 viewsSaintsforeverj

The best chant of the day from the Saints fans as well as "You're just a ground full of tourists". When it is questioned as to why Liverpool sell out and we don't, well Anfield was full of tourists yesterday: Japanese, Malaysian, Easter European etc etc. Actually didn't hear many scouse accents outside the ground. They are only there because Liverpool are successful. If we were as successful as them, they would all turn up with their cameras at St Mary's.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2020 19:46]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Let's all take a picture on 19:48 - Feb 2 with 1233 viewsthis_charming_man

Irony being loads of our fans spend the game on their phones taking pictures of opposition players.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Let's all take a picture on 19:51 - Feb 2 with 1216 viewsOccasional_Showers

Let's all take a picture on 19:48 - Feb 2 by this_charming_man

Irony being loads of our fans spend the game on their phones taking pictures of opposition players.

Had lunch out today and a woman on the table next to ours took a picture of her drink ffs.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Let's all take a picture on 19:57 - Feb 2 with 1208 viewsSaintsforeverj

Let's all take a picture on 19:51 - Feb 2 by Occasional_Showers

Had lunch out today and a woman on the table next to ours took a picture of her drink ffs.

There were Liverpool lads taking pictures of my car yesterday. Not sure why. Car fraud?
[Post edited 2 Feb 2020 19:58]

Let's all take a picture on 20:42 - Feb 2 with 1132 viewsTripleNiemi

Let's all take a picture on 19:57 - Feb 2 by Saintsforeverj

There were Liverpool lads taking pictures of my car yesterday. Not sure why. Car fraud?
[Post edited 2 Feb 2020 19:58]

Never seen one with wheels fitted

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Let's all take a picture on 21:13 - Feb 2 with 1102 viewsSaintsforeverj

Let's all take a picture on 20:42 - Feb 2 by TripleNiemi

Never seen one with wheels fitted

Ha yes didn't think of that. What a treat for them, a car with wheels. No wonder they were taking pictures.

Let's all take a picture on 10:41 - Feb 3 with 851 viewsWalkingRosie

Let's all take a picture on 19:48 - Feb 2 by this_charming_man

Also a lot of our support does not come from Southampton.

Chants like that and the inevitable loss are why I am happy I gave this trip a miss

Northam do your job, Northam, Northam do your job

Let's all take a picture on 10:50 - Feb 3 with 842 viewsSaintNick

I do agree with you Liverpool is a ground full of tourists these days, it is very prominent because they are basically sold the tickets in the block next to us on the right and then the block we didn't take.

The pubs next to the ground are chocca with Scandinavians & Irish, but it is a bit more than just being successful, Man City have been the best game for the best part of a decade now yet they don't have a big tourist following, on the other hand Spurs who have not won much for years have loads of tourists now they have expanded their ground

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Let's all take a picture on 10:52 - Feb 3 with 837 viewsNewdawn2014

lost in translation ( great film) probably.
Login to get fewer ads

Let's all take a picture on 10:57 - Feb 3 with 827 viewsthis_charming_man

Let's all take a picture on 10:50 - Feb 3 by SaintNick

I do agree with you Liverpool is a ground full of tourists these days, it is very prominent because they are basically sold the tickets in the block next to us on the right and then the block we didn't take.

The pubs next to the ground are chocca with Scandinavians & Irish, but it is a bit more than just being successful, Man City have been the best game for the best part of a decade now yet they don't have a big tourist following, on the other hand Spurs who have not won much for years have loads of tourists now they have expanded their ground

"The pubs next to the ground are chocca"

can tell where you've been the last few days...….

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Let's all take a picture on 12:34 - Feb 3 with 746 viewsericofarabia

Let's all take a picture on 10:57 - Feb 3 by this_charming_man

"The pubs next to the ground are chocca"

can tell where you've been the last few days...….

I can vouch that he was as tight as a very tight thing with the genuine locals and local knowledge of local (admittedly crap) pubs was bang on!!

Me and my 2 mates strolled around Liverpool City Centre Pubs and even took The Albert Pub right outside The Kop totally unchallenged
Let's all take a picture on 12:52 - Feb 3 with 730 viewsSaintsforeverj

Let's all take a picture on 10:50 - Feb 3 by SaintNick

Yeah like you say, Spurs is the same. I think because Spurs are in the heart of London with their "top class" stadium, it attracts tourists and London visitors to come and visit. I went to the league game. The huge futuristic stadium and shop, the metal detectors, the army of stewards (this was very prominent at Liverpool too), the huge swathes of picture taking tourists, make you feel like you are entering a space ship ride at Disney land. I don't like it to be honest. Saturday felt like turning up at a concert or something with all the tourists. When we go to goodison Park however or Burnley, it's full of what I would call proper fans.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 12:57]

Let's all take a picture on 13:00 - Feb 3 with 713 viewsSaintNick

Let's all take a picture on 12:52 - Feb 3 by Saintsforeverj

Yeah like you say, Spurs is the same. I think because Spurs are in the heart of London with their "top class" stadium, it attracts tourists and London visitors to come and visit. I went to the league game. The huge futuristic stadium and shop, the metal detectors, the army of stewards (this was very prominent at Liverpool too), the huge swathes of picture taking tourists, make you feel like you are entering a space ship ride at Disney land. I don't like it to be honest. Saturday felt like turning up at a concert or something with all the tourists. When we go to goodison Park however or Burnley, it's full of what I would call proper fans.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 12:57]

There are plenty of proper fans in Anfield, but they are swamped by tourists, of the lads who I know who go all over Europe to see Liverpool, 16 of them went to Milan and only 1 had a ticket, yet the Liverpool section was full of people who were Liverpool "members" from around the world who in some cases were seeing their team for the first time ever because they got lucky in the ballot.

When we get to Cup Finals if you are a season ticket holder you will almost certainly get a ticket without any problem, that isn't the case for Liverpool fans you can go every week and not see the biggest games

Let's all take a picture on 13:07 - Feb 3 with 706 viewsSaintsforeverj

Let's all take a picture on 13:00 - Feb 3 by SaintNick

There are plenty of proper fans in Anfield, but they are swamped by tourists, of the lads who I know who go all over Europe to see Liverpool, 16 of them went to Milan and only 1 had a ticket, yet the Liverpool section was full of people who were Liverpool "members" from around the world who in some cases were seeing their team for the first time ever because they got lucky in the ballot.

When we get to Cup Finals if you are a season ticket holder you will almost certainly get a ticket without any problem, that isn't the case for Liverpool fans you can go every week and not see the biggest games

Well that's not right is it. The season ticket holders of every club should get first choice. But again its money. Liverpool know that the tourist will spend loads in the shop etc if is their first visit.

The PL is not a great place for your traditional loyal fans.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 13:09]

Let's all take a picture on 13:49 - Feb 3 with 655 viewsSaintNick

Let's all take a picture on 13:07 - Feb 3 by Saintsforeverj

Well that's not right is it. The season ticket holders of every club should get first choice. But again its money. Liverpool know that the tourist will spend loads in the shop etc if is their first visit.

The PL is not a great place for your traditional loyal fans.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 13:09]

I think even the local Liverpool fans appreciate that the tourists bring in money, thats not their argument, its the fact that they get Champions League final tickets ahead of some truly loyal fans

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024