Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Two home wins 12:39 - Feb 10 with 1316 viewssaint22

If we can turn our home form into that of our away and manage to win our next two games then we will need just 1 win from 11 games to stay up
Can we do it? Surely we can. We owe Burnley big time after that opening day sh1t show although of all the teams we hate to play I would say Burnley are right up there due to their hoof ball game
Villa will be desperate for a win but we really should beat them, man mark Grealish and its a done deal
COYS
Two home wins on 13:01 - Feb 10 with 1293 viewsthis_charming_man

For someone that aims so high you have remarkably low ambitions for the club you support.

You’d have thought someone with your success and ambition would have been aiming for top half minimum with two wins in a row putting us on 37 points not just scraping one more win for the rest of the season

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Two home wins on 13:32 - Feb 10 with 1257 viewsSonicBoom

You'd think we have more than enough now - in fact the bigger likelihood is being safe with several games to go and the season just petering out.

That said, I'm more than happy with that. I was absolutely convinced we were going down this season, and there were times I couldn't see where another point was coming from.
Even now I'm not entirely sure what happened, maybe it was just that Ings started taking chances.
Anyway, from where we were a boring end to the season would be most welcome.
Two home wins on 13:33 - Feb 10 with 1254 viewsthis_charming_man

Two home wins on 13:32 - Feb 10 by SonicBoom

You'd think we have more than enough now - in fact the bigger likelihood is being safe with several games to go and the season just petering out.

That said, I'm more than happy with that. I was absolutely convinced we were going down this season, and there were times I couldn't see where another point was coming from.
Even now I'm not entirely sure what happened, maybe it was just that Ings started taking chances.
Anyway, from where we were a boring end to the season would be most welcome.

I wonder if we do have a boring finish to the season fans will demand the manager be sacked like they did with Puel?

Two home wins on 13:33 - Feb 10 with 1253 viewsSaintsforeverj

I think Burnley will be the toughest of the lot. 12:30 kick off and it's going to pour with rain. Saints struggle to break down compact defensive sides, who are strong and physical. Our points will more likely come from more open sides like Norwich, Villa and even Man U
- teams we can attack and score against. Burnley will just frustrate on Saturday.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Two home wins on 13:43 - Feb 10 with 1240 viewsthis_charming_man

Two home wins on 13:33 - Feb 10 by Saintsforeverj

I think Burnley will be the toughest of the lot. 12:30 kick off and it's going to pour with rain. Saints struggle to break down compact defensive sides, who are strong and physical. Our points will more likely come from more open sides like Norwich, Villa and even Man U
- teams we can attack and score against. Burnley will just frustrate on Saturday.

exactly the sort of game we will lose 1-0.

Two home wins on 14:04 - Feb 10 with 1219 viewssaint22

Two home wins on 13:33 - Feb 10 by Saintsforeverj

Yep that's what i think unfortunately
Two home wins on 14:12 - Feb 10 with 1210 viewsSonicBoom

Two home wins on 13:33 - Feb 10 by this_charming_man

I wonder if we do have a boring finish to the season fans will demand the manager be sacked like they did with Puel?

You didn't want Puel gone then ?
Two home wins on 14:22 - Feb 10 with 1196 viewskingslandstand1

Two home wins on 13:33 - Feb 10 by this_charming_man

What, and get in to Europe?? Surely not ……………….
Login to get fewer ads

Two home wins on 14:23 - Feb 10 with 1194 viewsthis_charming_man

Two home wins on 14:12 - Feb 10 by SonicBoom

You didn't want Puel gone then ?

I thought he should be given another season. The reasons for this were

1/ We were boring - Myth, yes we were end of the season when we had nothing to play for. People forget we also played some great football at times
2/ He had to play with the worst centre back pairing in the league when Fonte got sold and not replaced then Van Dijk go injured, that meant he had to adapt tactics
3/ He had to deal with our two highest goal scorers from the previous two season being sold the summer he joined
4/ Our best defensive midfielder was sold the summer he joined and not replaced
5/ All teams of our size tend to have difficult league season when they have to play Europa league. He had a massive fixture pile up to contend with pre February with our Eurppa league and League cup run
6/ However much people like to pretend in terms of league postion and cup final it was one of our best ever season

Puel wasn't perfect by any means I know there were issues behind the scenes too but I find it incredible so many fans wanted him sacked

Two home wins on 15:07 - Feb 10 with 1154 viewsSonicBoom

What excuses did he have at Leicester?
Not being facetious I am generally interested.

What you say is probably true, I can't argue. But there are also a lot of intangibles with managers.

They are the face of the club and affect how you are seen in the football world. He didn't project a great dynamic image.
I imagined if I were a player and Puel sat me down to sell me the club. I'm not sure I would join.
I can't imagine a dressing room of young men being inspired by him. Look at Klopp with his smiles, hugs, heavy metal and excitement. just cant see lads in their early twenties being inspired by someone who talks like your neighbour explaining how to make dandelion and burdock wine.

I know that is all window dressing but I still think it counts. But you are probably right, he may well have "deserved" another season. And right or wrong I'm bloody glad I didn't have to sit through it.
Two home wins on 15:51 - Feb 10 with 1110 viewsthis_charming_man

Two home wins on 15:07 - Feb 10 by SonicBoom

What excuses did he have at Leicester?
Not being facetious I am generally interested.

What you say is probably true, I can't argue. But there are also a lot of intangibles with managers.

They are the face of the club and affect how you are seen in the football world. He didn't project a great dynamic image.
I imagined if I were a player and Puel sat me down to sell me the club. I'm not sure I would join.
I can't imagine a dressing room of young men being inspired by him. Look at Klopp with his smiles, hugs, heavy metal and excitement. just cant see lads in their early twenties being inspired by someone who talks like your neighbour explaining how to make dandelion and burdock wine.

I know that is all window dressing but I still think it counts. But you are probably right, he may well have "deserved" another season. And right or wrong I'm bloody glad I didn't have to sit through it.

I don't care how he did at Leicester, its no relevance to what he did at Saints. He did a great job at Saints with one had tied behind his back.

You're right he wasn't the most dynamic and I think that's why a lot of fans didn't like him, they moaned about him from day one because his interviews were boring.
Would another season of Puel have been as bad as Pellegrino and then Hughes? I doubt that very much.

Two home wins on 16:09 - Feb 10 with 1091 viewsSaintsforeverj

Two home wins on 15:51 - Feb 10 by this_charming_man

I don't care how he did at Leicester, its no relevance to what he did at Saints. He did a great job at Saints with one had tied behind his back.

You're right he wasn't the most dynamic and I think that's why a lot of fans didn't like him, they moaned about him from day one because his interviews were boring.
Would another season of Puel have been as bad as Pellegrino and then Hughes? I doubt that very much.

In hindsight, after a few bad seasons, finishing 8th and a cup final was good for Saints. Puel therefore deserved another season. If we could go back in time, I think I would go back and support Puel for another year in charge, more forcefully than I did. He certainly deserved another year.

But it is all history now. In the end, the fans have got who they want. Ralph is the charismatic manager who plays attacking football, that we all want. I think I would prefer Ralph over any of them so we got the right man in the end I think. If he signs a new contract, then I think Saints will turn good. He is gradually creating a really good side.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2020 16:11]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Two home wins on 16:57 - Feb 10 with 1056 viewsthis_charming_man

Two home wins on 16:09 - Feb 10 by Saintsforeverj

In hindsight, after a few bad seasons, finishing 8th and a cup final was good for Saints. Puel therefore deserved another season. If we could go back in time, I think I would go back and support Puel for another year in charge, more forcefully than I did. He certainly deserved another year.

But it is all history now. In the end, the fans have got who they want. Ralph is the charismatic manager who plays attacking football, that we all want. I think I would prefer Ralph over any of them so we got the right man in the end I think. If he signs a new contract, then I think Saints will turn good. He is gradually creating a really good side.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2020 16:11]

by any measure 8th and a cup final in a great season for us. I wonder what would have happened to him if we'd won the league cup? Arguably an incorrect offside decision away from going down as our second most successful manager ever.

Two home wins on 17:25 - Feb 10 with 1024 viewsKennington

If we knew then what we know now about there being no appetite to entertain the possibility of trying to retain a Europa place and instead the plan was to decimate the squad by replacing it with vastly inferior players to the ones sold, then yes, Puel deserved another season. But, at that time we were led to believe that 8th was inadequate and as fans most of us went along with that. Only people that treated Puel unfairly was the owner and her piss poor advisors.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Two home wins on 20:29 - Feb 10 with 940 viewsSaintal7

Why are people so obsessed with 40 points.? Only 4 times since the start of the Premier League has a team needed 40 points to stay up !
Two home wins on 20:34 - Feb 10 with 935 viewsgreen

I think this could be one of the years when you need 40 points to stay up. Last year Fulham and Huddersfield were guaranteed the bottom two for a long time whereas this year we’ve got more teams in it.
Two home wins on 21:54 - Feb 10 with 896 viewsMarcus_y

Two home wins on 13:01 - Feb 10 by this_charming_man

For someone that aims so high you have remarkably low ambitions for the club you support.

You’d have thought someone with your success and ambition would have been aiming for top half minimum with two wins in a row putting us on 37 points not just scraping one more win for the rest of the season

God you're boring.

You're nothing but a lot of talk n'a' badge.

Two home wins on 11:07 - Feb 11 with 784 viewsOccasional_Showers

Two home wins on 21:54 - Feb 10 by Marcus_y

God you're boring.

+1 "Ian"

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Two home wins on 11:15 - Feb 11 with 777 viewsthis_charming_man

Two home wins on 21:54 - Feb 10 by Marcus_y

God you're boring.

Put me on ignore than "Marcus"

Two home wins on 11:41 - Feb 11 with 756 viewsDerek

I can see us picking up plenty of points from the remaining home fixtures and finishing just inside the top 10.

All the best.

Derek
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024