Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kyle Walker Peters 17:11 - Feb 15 with 1008 viewsSaintsforeverj

He was absolutely mugged for that 2nd goal. Just seen it on TV. Terrible defending. So we get rid of Cedric to bring in Peters. Although he did the odd run, he put in a few crosses that went straight out and also defended badly I thought. Then we wonder why there so many empty seats.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Kyle Walker Peters on 17:19 - Feb 15 with 990 viewsIngskneeslide

Good of you to give him 73 minutes before dismissing him. The commentators on BT mentioned how our fans’ negativity wasn’t helping our performance. Maybe if we had a Kop end that would help?
Kyle Walker Peters on 17:24 - Feb 15 with 981 viewsRon11

Kyle Walker Peters on 17:19 - Feb 15 by Ingskneeslide

Good of you to give him 73 minutes before dismissing him. The commentators on BT mentioned how our fans’ negativity wasn’t helping our performance. Maybe if we had a Kop end that would help?

Watching McCarthy's kicking and Djenepo's lack of ideas doesn't help.
Kyle Walker Peters on 17:29 - Feb 15 with 974 viewssaint22

Where was Valery again...?!!
Why was Bednarek on bench?
And I actually think we missed Redmond today
Kyle Walker Peters on 18:13 - Feb 15 with 906 viewsDorsetIan

I thought Walker Peters looked OK today. He was playing it safe for most of the game but did look like he knew what he was doing defensively. The whole team was mugged for their second goal - it was an excellent turn and strike.

Two problems today. Ralph once again being too cocky by half. You’re blooding a new right back, so keep the rest of the back four the same ffs! Bedarek has been great this season and dropping him for Vestergaard was insane.

The other was Boufal going off and not having Redmond on the bench to replace him. I don’t want to be a broken record but Djenepo is currently not good enough for this level of football. He offers very little, and had he been able to tackle, the cross for their second goal might not have happened.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Kyle Walker Peters on 18:37 - Feb 15 with 866 viewskingslandstand1

I didn't think he was that bad for a debut, but biggest defensive issue was Vestergard on and Bednerak on the bench. V was absolute Sh1te and should not be anywhere near the first team. To think Yosh has been let go (not saying he is our defensive saviour, but damn site better that Vestergard despite the mistakes he makes

But don't worry, Ralph thinks we're ok at the back with what we've got. Either he is on cloud cuckoo or he is just sending out the official club line which I think is more likely
Kyle Walker Peters on 18:42 - Feb 15 with 854 viewsDorsetIan

Kyle Walker Peters on 18:37 - Feb 15 by kingslandstand1

I didn't think he was that bad for a debut, but biggest defensive issue was Vestergard on and Bednerak on the bench. V was absolute Sh1te and should not be anywhere near the first team. To think Yosh has been let go (not saying he is our defensive saviour, but damn site better that Vestergard despite the mistakes he makes

But don't worry, Ralph thinks we're ok at the back with what we've got. Either he is on cloud cuckoo or he is just sending out the official club line which I think is more likely

The mad thing is that Stephens - Bednarek seems like decent central defensive pair to me.

Did wonder whether Ralph was somehow ‘told’ to start Verstergaard.

And what the hell was all that b0llocks about Leicester wanting him!?

Kyle Walker Peters on 19:09 - Feb 15 with 822 views1885_SFC

So Redmond - who's out injured - gets replaced by Boufal... who goes off injured. Sounds typical Saints' luck to me.

Redmond is out until April apparently. No matter what you think of him - we are a better and more dangerous team when Redmond plays. He's a handful for defenders & takes opposition players away from the likes of Ings, Long, etc.

I don't think Boufal's injury is too bad (fingers crossed). It looked like a slight ankle knock which probably kept him from putting weight on it. Stick an ice bag on it and he'll be fine for the next game.

Time for Armstrong & Djenepo to step up in those two positions until the walking wounded are back.

One final thought; just why - exactly - have we been so utter shít at home this season???

Old School is Cool

Kyle Walker Peters on 19:28 - Feb 15 with 793 viewsSonicBoom

I thought KWP did ok, He's a young lad that hasn't had the chance to play much so let's not eviscerate him after one game where nobody played particularly well.
What today showed was that many of our problems are still there and not only not strengthening in January - but actually weakening the squad - is one hell of a gamble.

I'm not sure what has happened to Djenepo. Initially he looked like he was playing without fear, but now he seems to be labouring under a lot of restrictions and the ball doesn't seem to stick like it did.
Login to get fewer ads

Kyle Walker Peters on 00:23 - Feb 16 with 589 viewsDorsetIan

Kyle Walker Peters on 19:28 - Feb 15 by SonicBoom

I thought KWP did ok, He's a young lad that hasn't had the chance to play much so let's not eviscerate him after one game where nobody played particularly well.
What today showed was that many of our problems are still there and not only not strengthening in January - but actually weakening the squad - is one hell of a gamble.

I'm not sure what has happened to Djenepo. Initially he looked like he was playing without fear, but now he seems to be labouring under a lot of restrictions and the ball doesn't seem to stick like it did.

First saw Djenepo in one of the pre-season games. Thought he looked flimsy.

He flattered with his goals in early matches and his handball cross.

For the moment, I think he’s been found out.

Hopefully he will improve. He is only young, and this is a massive step up from the Belgian league.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024