Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will it stop Liverpool? 15:11 - Feb 25 with 5263 viewsdirk_doone

Harvard University epidemiologist Marc Lipsitch is predicting the coronavirus "will ultimately not be containable" and, within a year, will infect somewhere between 40 and 70 percent of the world's population.

If he is right, it's certainly possible that all major sporting events will be cancelled although matches could still possibly be played in empty stadiums, which is what they are going to do in Italy.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Will it stop Liverpool? on 08:28 - Feb 27 with 865 viewsMarcus_y

Will it stop Liverpool? on 08:21 - Feb 27 by Waylander

Don't bullshit this group with your fake science. I have a PhD in Chemistry and know far more about oxygen molecules than you do

Of course you do.

You're nothing but a lot of talk n'a' badge.

Will it stop Liverpool? on 08:41 - Feb 27 with 854 viewsMarcus_y

Will it stop Liverpool? on 08:00 - Feb 27 by Heisenberg

I could post several links confirming that 9/11 was an inside job, Elvis lives and there were 75,000 at Fratton Park last week. Doesn't mean they are true though. Conspiracy theory nonsense.

so, was JFK shot by one lone gunman?

Will it stop Liverpool? on 09:11 - Feb 27 with 838 viewsWaylander

Will it stop Liverpool? on 08:28 - Feb 27 by Marcus_y

Of course you do.

First degree Nat Sci Cambridge, PhD Southampton, Member of the Royal Society of Chemistry. Employed as a Research Scientist by a major Pharma company.
What are your scientific credentials?
[Post edited 27 Feb 2020 9:12]
Will it stop Liverpool? on 09:15 - Feb 27 with 833 viewsMarcus_y

Will it stop Liverpool? on 09:11 - Feb 27 by Waylander

First degree Nat Sci Cambridge, PhD Southampton, Member of the Royal Society of Chemistry. Employed as a Research Scientist by a major Pharma company.

PHD.

Will it stop Liverpool? on 09:29 - Feb 27 with 819 viewsarfurdent

Will it stop Liverpool? on 08:00 - Feb 27 by Heisenberg

I could post several links confirming that 9/11 was an inside job, Elvis lives and there were 75,000 at Fratton Park last week. Doesn't mean they are true though. Conspiracy theory nonsense.

well that is an outright lie for a start, Fratton Park attendance has never been less than 100,000 even on non match days. They have a very healthy and robust cockroach colony.

On the original question of will it stop Liverpool then the thought of a 4% mortality rate in the scouse slums is concerning. Anyone got some ebola to help out?
[Post edited 27 Feb 2020 9:30]

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Will it stop Liverpool? on 09:39 - Feb 27 with 811 viewsChesham_Saint

Got to say I’m Impressed with the qualifications of the UI board members. I mean, who’d have thunk?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Will it stop Liverpool? on 09:39 - Feb 27 with 811 viewsarfurdent

So the response from China and Russia in the trade wars is to invoke Agent Trump:

www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2020/02/26/trump-faces-chernobyl-moment-slashing-pandemic-defences-bone/

at least the NRA members can try and shoot those pesky little viruses

However as Trump said "The Coronavirus will be good for US Business", particularly the funeral parlours.

Have a nice day, you all

Will it stop Liverpool? on 09:48 - Feb 27 with 808 viewsdirk_doone

Will it stop Liverpool? on 07:38 - Feb 27 by Kennington

Not true, most viruses can be cleared by a healthy immune system and will leave no trace. HIV however can only be suppressed. Herpes can be treated so you’re right there’s isn’t a cure for that either. But both are extreme examples and misleading in the wider discussion on how the body and medicine cures viruses. The most common virus people get is a cold. Another example is the chicken pox virus that after having it once will more often than not make the person immune to it, as the body has developed its own antibodies.

I don’t really understand your second point other than it probably shows a lack of sensitivity in the actual tests.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2020 8:00]

You know more about virology than I do, Kennington, so thanks for the clarification. If it's just an issue with the tests, then it's less concerning.

There are more details available about the case now:

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/news/20200227_12/

And now more on the BBC News website:

"Is it possible to be re-infected?

Philippa Roxby

Health reporter, BBC News
There is still much that scientists don’t know about this virus — and that includes the possibility of it infecting people more than once.
Reports from China and Japan suggest that a small number of people recovered from the virus and then tested positive again within weeks.
But there may be several reasons why that appears to be the case.
Firstly, the virus may not have completely gone away before they were discharged and allowed home, and then may have got worse again.
Secondly, although tests are used to determine if the virus is still present, they are not always accurate and may not be sensitive enough to detect dormant virus or very low-level symptoms."
[Post edited 27 Feb 2020 14:19]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Will it stop Liverpool? on 09:48 - Feb 27 with 807 viewsKennington

Will it stop Liverpool? on 09:11 - Feb 27 by Waylander

Very impressive. I’ve often thought about doing a PhD but most people I know who have are slightly unhinged. Wonder if that’s because of the years of study or that that we’re anyway? Probably a thesis on that subject right there!

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Will it stop Liverpool? on 09:56 - Feb 27 with 801 viewsWaylander

Will it stop Liverpool? on 09:48 - Feb 27 by Kennington

Very impressive. I’ve often thought about doing a PhD but most people I know who have are slightly unhinged. Wonder if that’s because of the years of study or that that we’re anyway? Probably a thesis on that subject right there!

Isn't it a requirement of supporting Southampton to be slightly unhinged?
Will it stop Liverpool? on 10:18 - Feb 27 with 780 viewsOccasional_Showers

Will it stop Liverpool? on 05:01 - Feb 27 by Marcus_y

I could post several links, but will let you learn for yourself. Clue: 60 GHz is the frequency at which oxygen molecules oscillate

When I was a lurker there was a guy called Alan who was into the conspiracies of David Ike. You and him would get on well together.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Will it stop Liverpool? on 10:33 - Feb 27 with 762 viewsMarcus_y

Will it stop Liverpool? on 10:18 - Feb 27 by Occasional_Showers

When I was a lurker there was a guy called Alan who was into the conspiracies of David Ike. You and him would get on well together.

Where did I mention Icke?

Will it stop Liverpool? on 10:36 - Feb 27 with 758 viewsMarcus_y

By the way, does your obsession with trying to label everyone as an old user name stem from the fact you changed yours so many time Dune? And why do you keep changing it? Why do people feel this need?

Will it stop Liverpool? on 11:26 - Feb 27 with 739 viewsarfurdent

Mr Icke was right about the green lizards

Will it stop Liverpool? on 11:31 - Feb 27 with 733 viewsMarcus_y

Will it stop Liverpool? on 11:26 - Feb 27 by arfurdent

Mr Icke was right about the green lizards

I figure he had too much Ayahuasca, which for our resident Chemistry genius, is NOT 5G related.

Will it stop Liverpool? (n/t) on 11:36 - Feb 27 with 731 viewsDellHero

Will it stop Liverpool? on 07:55 - Feb 27 by saint22

Whereas you alone in your bedsit will self contain

[Post edited 10 May 2020 17:46]
Will it stop Liverpool? on 12:05 - Feb 27 with 716 viewsOccasional_Showers

Will it stop Liverpool? on 10:36 - Feb 27 by Marcus_y

By the way, does your obsession with trying to label everyone as an old user name stem from the fact you changed yours so many time Dune? And why do you keep changing it? Why do people feel this need?

I've never posted under any other name. This is as true for me as it is for you "Marcus". I was merely pointing out that you and Alan were kindred spirits. Obviously I dont think for one moment you could actually be he.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2020 12:07]

Will it stop Liverpool? on 12:06 - Feb 27 with 714 viewsOccasional_Showers

Will it stop Liverpool? (n/t) on 11:36 - Feb 27 by DellHero

[Post edited 10 May 2020 17:46]

Nice one "Ian".

Will it stop Liverpool? on 13:13 - Feb 27 with 686 viewsDorsetIan

Will it stop Liverpool? on 10:36 - Feb 27 by Marcus_y

He only changes it when he gets banned, Marcus.

He's been behaving himself recently (relatively speaking) so we have been stuck with OS for a while now.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Will it stop Liverpool? on 14:40 - Feb 27 with 646 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Will it stop Liverpool? on 07:08 - Feb 27 by BuenosSaint

I'm with you on this. A lot of research on health / WiFi has been suppressed and won't get funded.

Clever lads. Ask the other side to answer this question. Which country developed 5G, and which 2 countries won't let them build a 5G network in their country.

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

Will it stop Liverpool? on 14:43 - Feb 27 with 651 viewsMarcus_y

Will it stop Liverpool? on 13:13 - Feb 27 by DorsetIan

He only changes it when he gets banned, Marcus.

He's been behaving himself recently (relatively speaking) so we have been stuck with OS for a while now.

Oh I see, Dune got banned huh. Not really surprising.

Will it stop Liverpool? on 14:55 - Feb 27 with 645 viewsDorsetIan

Will it stop Liverpool? on 14:43 - Feb 27 by Marcus_y

Oh I see, Dune got banned huh. Not really surprising.

Yes, Dune, Jordan Sibley, Rednwhitepower...a whole sequence of them before we arrive at OS.

Same guy. Same obsession with multiple posters: same intolerance of anyone or anything that isn't like him; same disgust at the outside world; same interest in auctions of Victorian tat.

Will it stop Liverpool? on 15:06 - Feb 27 with 637 viewsMarcus_y

Will it stop Liverpool? on 14:55 - Feb 27 by DorsetIan

Yes, Dune, Jordan Sibley, Rednwhitepower...a whole sequence of them before we arrive at OS.

Same guy. Same obsession with multiple posters: same intolerance of anyone or anything that isn't like him; same disgust at the outside world; same interest in auctions of Victorian tat.

Bloody heck I don't recall all those other names. Clearly some issues with that chap. I have noticed he is desperate for attention with his wild post claims and such like.

Will it stop Liverpool? on 15:09 - Feb 27 with 636 viewsDorsetIan

Will it stop Liverpool? on 15:06 - Feb 27 by Marcus_y

Bloody heck I don't recall all those other names. Clearly some issues with that chap. I have noticed he is desperate for attention with his wild post claims and such like.

'Issues' is one word for it.

Will it stop Liverpool? on 17:51 - Feb 27 with 610 viewsHeisenberg

Will it stop Liverpool? on 08:21 - Feb 27 by Waylander

Don't bullshit this group with your fake science. I have a PhD in Chemistry and know far more about oxygen molecules than you do

Ah but can you cook ?

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024