Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will it stop Liverpool? 15:11 - Feb 25 with 5264 viewsdirk_doone

Harvard University epidemiologist Marc Lipsitch is predicting the coronavirus "will ultimately not be containable" and, within a year, will infect somewhere between 40 and 70 percent of the world's population.

If he is right, it's certainly possible that all major sporting events will be cancelled although matches could still possibly be played in empty stadiums, which is what they are going to do in Italy.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Will it stop Liverpool? on 18:49 - Feb 27 with 1506 viewsWaylander

Will it stop Liverpool? on 17:51 - Feb 27 by Heisenberg

Ah but can you cook ?

Damn right I can. Something wrong with a synthetic chemist who can't cook.
Will it stop Liverpool? (n/t) on 19:12 - Feb 27 with 1481 viewsDellHero

Will it stop Liverpool? on 12:06 - Feb 27 by Occasional_Showers

Nice one "Ian".

[Post edited 10 May 2020 17:46]
Will it stop Liverpool? on 20:52 - Feb 27 with 1436 viewsOccasional_Showers

Will it stop Liverpool? (n/t) on 19:12 - Feb 27 by DellHero

[Post edited 10 May 2020 17:46]

I can got spanked? Fookin Ting Tong battered you mate.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Will it stop Liverpool? on 21:05 - Feb 27 with 1436 viewsTheMoog

Will it stop Liverpool? on 18:49 - Feb 27 by Waylander

Damn right I can. Something wrong with a synthetic chemist who can't cook.

There was a rumour that my chemistry teacher (PhD obvs) had a history of knocking up the odd batch of marching powder. He was a cool guy, especially as [he claimed] he went to the World Cup Final in ‘66.

Standby to standby

Will it stop Liverpool? on 23:28 - Feb 27 with 1397 viewsWaylander

Will it stop Liverpool? on 21:05 - Feb 27 by TheMoog

There was a rumour that my chemistry teacher (PhD obvs) had a history of knocking up the odd batch of marching powder. He was a cool guy, especially as [he claimed] he went to the World Cup Final in ‘66.

Depends which marching powder you are referring to. The Peruvian variety is a complex preparation and it is easier to purify the street stuff. Speed on the other hand is pretty straighforward.
Will it stop Liverpool? on 12:54 - Mar 2 with 1331 viewsdirk_doone

It's a real possibility now that football matches will have to be played behind closed doors and eventually stopped altogether. The same would apply to all large public gatherings, including all sports events and concerts.

It might yet stop Liverpool. In the worst case scenario, the football authorities would either declare that there were no champions this season or use the league standings at the time of suspension. Promotion and relegation issues could prove tricky without play-offs. I guess they'd use the league positions at the time of suspension or have no promotion this year.

Little Pompey's EFL Trophy Final could either be played in an empty stadium or be renamed the Corona Bowl.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2020 13:13]

Will it stop Liverpool? on 18:04 - Mar 10 with 1212 viewsdirk_doone

Options include "not having a champion for 2019-20 or declaring the current standings final."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51824172

Will it stop Liverpool? on 20:33 - Mar 10 with 1155 viewsKennington

Will it stop Liverpool? on 18:04 - Mar 10 by dirk_doone

Options include "not having a champion for 2019-20 or declaring the current standings final."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51824172

Now that would be great news if the premier league did that. Think of all the micks marching and burning The Sun and effigies of Boris.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Login to get fewer ads

Will it stop Liverpool? (n/t) on 20:29 - Mar 11 with 1083 viewsDellHero

Will it stop Liverpool? on 20:52 - Feb 27 by Occasional_Showers

I can got spanked? Fookin Ting Tong battered you mate.

[Post edited 10 May 2020 17:48]
Will it stop Liverpool? on 23:39 - Mar 11 with 1042 viewsPatfromPoole

Looks like things are going to get ramped up somewhat......

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Will it stop Liverpool? on 08:01 - Mar 13 with 996 viewsdirk_doone

So, it looks increasingly likely that championships, promotion and relegation will either be determined by the current league positions or not be awarded for this season. Whichever option they choose, there are sure to be lots of protests.

Will it stop Liverpool? on 23:13 - Mar 28 with 890 viewsdirk_doone

What are the odds now? I guess it must be about 50/50.

Will it stop Liverpool? on 23:30 - Mar 28 with 874 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Will it stop Liverpool? on 23:13 - Mar 28 by dirk_doone

What are the odds now? I guess it must be about 50/50.

Just cancel it all, it's just football, it's unimportant

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Will it stop Liverpool? on 08:30 - Mar 29 with 810 viewssolent_toffee

Will it stop Liverpool? on 23:30 - Mar 28 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Just cancel it all, it's just football, it's unimportant

I think last season will be null and void with the focus being on next season. Tough decision but the right one. Also think there will a reduction in season tickets for next season based on games not being played this season.

There are far more important things going on in the world and in our communities than football, but if there was a clean, clear break and something to look forward to, then football fans would get behind it. At the moment no one really gives a monkeys about football and some of the things that have been leaked about premier league meetings this week further distances themselves from fans.
Will it stop Liverpool? on 09:38 - Mar 29 with 770 viewsdirk_doone

Will it stop Liverpool? on 08:30 - Mar 29 by solent_toffee

I think last season will be null and void with the focus being on next season. Tough decision but the right one. Also think there will a reduction in season tickets for next season based on games not being played this season.

There are far more important things going on in the world and in our communities than football, but if there was a clean, clear break and something to look forward to, then football fans would get behind it. At the moment no one really gives a monkeys about football and some of the things that have been leaked about premier league meetings this week further distances themselves from fans.

Amazingly, many Liverpool fans have a different view on this. I can't think why:

"The season will finish whether it be in July, August or November, it will get done. The COVID problem doesn't go away by voiding the current season and looking to start a new one. "

"We finish this season when the new season usually starts or later if needs be. There cannot be a new season till this one is finished, whenever that happens."

"Start the season again when possible. Finish it and have a shorter break again and come back fresh. Even if it means starting the league 2/3 months later than usual."

"I want the season to be completed. But I want the title above all."

"Thankfully we are so far ahead that no one could argue against us being given the title but I would prefer to see the season played out to its usual conclusion. To not do so puts in doubt the integrity of the season for all sides and has consequences for the Championship. "

"Exactly. If anything it makes more sense to me to get this season done and then cancel or shorten next season."

"I see that doyen of intellectual excellence Rio Ferdinand is calling for the season to be voided. One can only hope the powers that be have more sense than this idiot. I want Liverpool to play their way to the title. I don't want it 'awarded' to us. We are worthy winners and deserve to win it on the pitch to avoid an asterisk beside our win."

"The main thing is however that a scenario is put in place which ensures we get given the league title which we have effectively won."

There are hundreds more comments like that on Liverpool fans' message boards.

Will it stop Liverpool? on 10:20 - Mar 29 with 731 viewsGasGiant

Will it stop Liverpool? on 08:30 - Mar 29 by solent_toffee

Solent, I can see the smile on your face from here!
Will it stop Liverpool? on 11:27 - Mar 29 with 705 viewssolent_toffee

Will it stop Liverpool? on 09:38 - Mar 29 by dirk_doone

Amazingly, many Liverpool fans have a different view on this. I can't think why:

"The season will finish whether it be in July, August or November, it will get done. The COVID problem doesn't go away by voiding the current season and looking to start a new one. "

"We finish this season when the new season usually starts or later if needs be. There cannot be a new season till this one is finished, whenever that happens."

"Start the season again when possible. Finish it and have a shorter break again and come back fresh. Even if it means starting the league 2/3 months later than usual."

"I want the season to be completed. But I want the title above all."

"Thankfully we are so far ahead that no one could argue against us being given the title but I would prefer to see the season played out to its usual conclusion. To not do so puts in doubt the integrity of the season for all sides and has consequences for the Championship. "

"Exactly. If anything it makes more sense to me to get this season done and then cancel or shorten next season."

"I see that doyen of intellectual excellence Rio Ferdinand is calling for the season to be voided. One can only hope the powers that be have more sense than this idiot. I want Liverpool to play their way to the title. I don't want it 'awarded' to us. We are worthy winners and deserve to win it on the pitch to avoid an asterisk beside our win."

"The main thing is however that a scenario is put in place which ensures we get given the league title which we have effectively won."

There are hundreds more comments like that on Liverpool fans' message boards.

It’s almost as though them winning the league takes precedence over tackling Covid-19 isn’t it?

Astonishingly last Monday on Granada Reports, literally two hours before Boris Johnson brought in the new lockdown measures, they ran a feature on how Liverpool should be allowed to finish the season and had John Barnes, quite the leading person in being wrong about everything, bleating on about how unfair it would be for them not to be allowed to finish.

FC Dignity and Class putting themselves above everyone and everything as per usual.
Will it stop Liverpool? on 11:30 - Mar 29 with 700 viewssolent_toffee

Will it stop Liverpool? on 10:20 - Mar 29 by GasGiant

Solent, I can see the smile on your face from here!

At first it was funny to see that lot going into a tizz over it, but I honestly couldn’t give a monkeys now. Getting through the next through unscathed and everyone else the same takes priority over that bunch of weirdos!
Will it stop Liverpool? on 14:59 - Apr 6 with 578 viewsdirk_doone

Bundesliga teams back in training:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52176562

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024