Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Utter disgrace a embarrassment 21:26 - Mar 7 with 4489 viewsSoton

Who thinks it’s a good idea to get some farmer with a guitar to sing “oh when the Saints” before the start of kick off! I for one have not driven a combine harvester for over twenty years, what part of the country do the great and the good of SFC think we live......Norfolk!
[Post edited 7 Mar 2020 21:27]
Utter disgrace a embarrassment on 21:51 - Mar 7 with 4439 viewskingslandstand1

Along the lines of Shane Long's version?
Utter disgrace a embarrassment on 07:19 - Mar 8 with 4282 viewsstmichael

Personally I love it...
The right tempo too... the tempo we used to sing it before we copied Spurs🤷‍♂️

Poll: Do we bring back Bernard at the weekend or stick with Bree?

Utter disgrace a embarrassment on 08:29 - Mar 8 with 4217 viewsMrangry25

It is about the same pace as we play!!!
Utter disgrace a embarrassment on 10:58 - Mar 8 with 4127 viewsUlsterBaz

Cringeworthy. We always laugh out loud when it comes on now. A wee morale boost before the team sucks the life out of it.
Utter disgrace a embarrassment on 23:21 - Mar 8 with 3980 viewsJimieIrie

Thanks for your constructive feedback 😉
I'm actually Southampton born and bred...definitely not a farmer as I'm originally from Shirley estate and a life-long Saints fan...I've got a strong Southampton accent and have never even been near to Norfolk...
Been a singer-songwriter for 30 years and it was a dream to be asked by the club to record OWTS...
I'm supporting Andy Crofts ( The Moons and bass player in Paul Wellers band ) at Heartbreakers on Thursday 26th March...I'll be playing a selection of original songs that are real, authentic and inspired by Southampton...
My version may not be your cup of tea...but it's sung 100% from the heart and soul by a real mush...✊🏽🎶
Here's the link to my most recent single and video....A song that was inspired by the romance of Woolston, it's called The Blueberry Moon and was shot on location on the shores of 'Spike Island'
[Post edited 8 Mar 2020 23:34]
Utter disgrace a embarrassment on 23:27 - Mar 8 with 3974 viewsJimieIrie

Thanks StMichael...I'm glad you're enjoying it and your comment about the tempo is spot on mate ! 👍🏽🎶
Utter disgrace a embarrassment on 11:16 - Mar 9 with 3781 viewsSaintNick

Utter disgrace a embarrassment on 23:21 - Mar 8 by JimieIrie

I'm actually Southampton born and bred...definitely not a farmer as I'm originally from Shirley estate and a life-long Saints fan...I've got a strong Southampton accent and have never even been near to Norfolk...
Been a singer-songwriter for 30 years and it was a dream to be asked by the club to record OWTS...
I'm supporting Andy Crofts ( The Moons and bass player in Paul Wellers band ) at Heartbreakers on Thursday 26th March...I'll be playing a selection of original songs that are real, authentic and inspired by Southampton...
My version may not be your cup of tea...but it's sung 100% from the heart and soul by a real mush...✊🏽🎶
Here's the link to my most recent single and video....A song that was inspired by the romance of Woolston, it's called The Blueberry Moon and was shot on location on the shores of 'Spike Island'

Fair play to you, it is good to see local musicians writing about this City

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Utter disgrace a embarrassment on 11:21 - Mar 9 with 3778 viewsBison

Good on you Jimmy , your lyrics are like a Southampton version of The Saw Doctors.

And your Dad was an absolute legend !

[Post edited 9 Mar 2020 11:48]

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Login to get fewer ads

Utter disgrace a embarrassment on 11:52 - Mar 9 with 3757 viewskernow

Utter disgrace a (? ) embarrassment?
Bit rude and graceless, dignified response though.
Carry on being creative Jim lad.
Utter disgrace a embarrassment on 16:19 - Mar 9 with 3691 viewsJimieIrie

Thanks for the support and positive feedback SaintNick, Bison, StMichael and Kernow...
You all obviously have impeccable musical taste and manners
[Post edited 9 Mar 2020 16:28]
Utter disgrace a embarrassment on 17:20 - Mar 9 with 3646 viewsfranniesTache

Jim are you related to a certain Richard who was well known with Saints?
Utter disgrace a embarrassment on 17:29 - Mar 9 with 3635 viewsthis_charming_man

Quite like that song, fair play.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Utter disgrace a embarrassment on 17:47 - Mar 9 with 3611 viewsUlsterBaz

Utter disgrace a embarrassment on 17:29 - Mar 9 by this_charming_man

So do I.
Utter disgrace a embarrassment on 19:03 - Mar 9 with 3547 viewsJimieIrie

Utter disgrace a embarrassment on 17:29 - Mar 9 by this_charming_man

Glad you like it TCM.
Utter disgrace a embarrassment on 20:22 - Mar 9 with 3479 viewsHappy_Jack

Welcome aboard Jim. Romance in Woolston became rather more challenging after Floaters sadly closed it's doors.

Millbrook Furnishing shop floor level banter
Poll: Who do you think the best Prime Minister of the last 40 years has been?

Utter disgrace a embarrassment on 20:56 - Mar 9 with 3453 viewsSoton

Utter disgrace a embarrassment on 23:27 - Mar 8 by JimieIrie

Thanks StMichael...I'm glad you're enjoying it and your comment about the tempo is spot on mate ! 👍🏽🎶

No offence meant as I’m sure you can see it was a tongue in cheek comment. And as I was born a bread to woolston I now feel totally ashamed with such a cheap shot for a minor laugh
Utter disgrace a embarrassment on 21:02 - Mar 9 with 3438 viewsJimieIrie

Utter disgrace a embarrassment on 20:56 - Mar 9 by Soton

No offence meant as I’m sure you can see it was a tongue in cheek comment. And as I was born a bread to woolston I now feel totally ashamed with such a cheap shot for a minor laugh

No offence taken mush...Growing up in Shirley in the 1970s and being an independent singer-songwriter for 30 years has equipped me with a very thick skin...Great to hear you're from Woolston and hope you enjoyed seeing and hearing your place of birth immortalised in video and song...Thanks for your reply and COYR !!
Utter disgrace a embarrassment on 21:07 - Mar 9 with 3422 viewsJimieIrie

Utter disgrace a embarrassment on 20:22 - Mar 9 by Happy_Jack

Welcome aboard Jim. Romance in Woolston became rather more challenging after Floaters sadly closed it's doors.

Thanks mate...
Ha ha...yes the infamous Floaters and its later incarnation of Riverside...
Remember going there in my mid teens...Happy and innocent romantic times
Utter disgrace a embarrassment on 21:44 - Mar 9 with 3392 viewsJimieIrie

Utter disgrace a embarrassment on 17:47 - Mar 9 by UlsterBaz

So do I.

I'm pleased you like The Blueberry Moon UlsterBaz.
Utter disgrace a embarrassment on 08:26 - Mar 10 with 3278 viewsdarthvader

Thats quality mate .
Love seeing all the places i used to play as a kid and walk now with my dog , and love the song too

keep the faith coyr

Utter disgrace a embarrassment on 14:35 - Mar 10 with 3194 viewsWoodrow_Wilson

Enjoyed the song and video Jim. I sent a share to my Step Dad who’s an old Woolston lad, born in the early 40s, he also enjoyed. Great to see a local musician producing music about our town / city. Keep going mate, all the best.
Utter disgrace a embarrassment on 19:54 - Mar 10 with 3082 viewsJimieIrie

Utter disgrace a embarrassment on 08:26 - Mar 10 by darthvader

Thats quality mate .
Love seeing all the places i used to play as a kid and walk now with my dog , and love the song too

Thanks DarthVader ( that's the first time I've ever said that 😂)
I'm glad it resonated with you and your dog mate 👍🏽🎶
Utter disgrace a embarrassment on 20:01 - Mar 10 with 3077 viewsJimieIrie

Utter disgrace a embarrassment on 14:35 - Mar 10 by Woodrow_Wilson

Enjoyed the song and video Jim. I sent a share to my Step Dad who’s an old Woolston lad, born in the early 40s, he also enjoyed. Great to see a local musician producing music about our town / city. Keep going mate, all the best.

That's lovely to hear that you shared it with your step Dad...who has a longstanding connection with Woolston...hearing feedback like that is wonderful.
I'm glad you enjoyed The Blueberry Moon and it's connection to Southampton!
More coming soon 👍🏽🎶
Utter disgrace a embarrassment on 10:06 - Mar 11 with 3000 viewsSaintNick

Utter disgrace a embarrassment on 20:01 - Mar 10 by JimieIrie

That's lovely to hear that you shared it with your step Dad...who has a longstanding connection with Woolston...hearing feedback like that is wonderful.
I'm glad you enjoyed The Blueberry Moon and it's connection to Southampton!
More coming soon 👍🏽🎶

Feel free to post links to the song up here, if you want a bit of publicity for the gig send me a pm we can always do a feature on the home page

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Utter disgrace a embarrassment on 14:43 - Mar 12 with 2900 viewsJimieIrie

Utter disgrace a embarrassment on 10:06 - Mar 11 by SaintNick

Feel free to post links to the song up here, if you want a bit of publicity for the gig send me a pm we can always do a feature on the home page

Many musical thanks Nick...I've just sent you a message 👍🏽🎶
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024