Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BUSINESS Benefits 10:37 - Mar 27 with 1220 viewsBoris_

What are peoples thoughts? Seems to be lots of help for the self-employed, high street shops and pubs/restaurants etc.

Nothing for slightly larger businesses. The only benefit we can apply for is 80% to furlough staff which is an employee benefit, not one for us as the alternative would have been to furlough them unpaid or make redundancies.

Still have to pay BUSINESS rates for my warehouse and offices even though there's no BUSINESS happening as we can't trade from them?

No help with lease or other overheads either.

Generally speaking I think the government have done a great job with benefits for employees and self-employed but many many slightly larger businesses will disappear as they keep having to pay overheads whilst unable to trade

Poll: Claude Puel

BUSINESS Benefits on 11:03 - Mar 27 with 1195 viewsdarthvader

Isnt there a grant u can apply for? Up to 25k ? and a business rates thing i read somewhere is being stopped ? Or is that just for smaller businesses ?

Surely there is something for larger ones with rates etc

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-to-employers-and-businesses-

The self employement thing is better than nothing at all but not till june .

Many of us will be bankrupt by then unless can gain employment (which i aim to try and do in a supermarket when my current work stops next week)

This is a blooming nightmare for everyone .

Staying healthy is first priority .

But eating is a close second .

keep the faith coyr

BUSINESS Benefits on 17:14 - Mar 27 with 1124 viewsBoris_

BUSINESS Benefits on 11:03 - Mar 27 by darthvader

Isnt there a grant u can apply for? Up to 25k ? and a business rates thing i read somewhere is being stopped ? Or is that just for smaller businesses ?

Surely there is something for larger ones with rates etc

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-to-employers-and-businesses-

The self employement thing is better than nothing at all but not till june .

Many of us will be bankrupt by then unless can gain employment (which i aim to try and do in a supermarket when my current work stops next week)

This is a blooming nightmare for everyone .

Staying healthy is first priority .

But eating is a close second .

Then £25k grants are only for businesses in Leisure and Hospitality.

No self-employed benefits for me as I draw my money as a dividend which isn't covered.

We aren't entitled to anything other than a business disruption loan which is just kicking debt down the road.

BUSINESS Benefits on 17:19 - Mar 27 with 1117 viewsBison

BUSINESS Benefits on 17:14 - Mar 27 by Boris_

No self-employed benefits for me as I draw my money as a dividend which isn't covered.

We aren't entitled to anything other than a business disruption loan which is just kicking debt down the road.

I've been a contractor before using a LTD company and so payed a fraction of the tax of a PAYE employee as the dividends are taxed much less. I presume you payed yourself a salary that just triggered NI like i did as well ?

I'm not sure you are going to get much sympathy at the moment mate.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

BUSINESS Benefits on 17:35 - Mar 27 with 1097 viewsjrewing

BUSINESS Benefits on 17:19 - Mar 27 by Bison

I've been a contractor before using a LTD company and so payed a fraction of the tax of a PAYE employee as the dividends are taxed much less. I presume you payed yourself a salary that just triggered NI like i did as well ?

Hey let’s forget about the corporation tax the companies pay .......
BUSINESS Benefits on 17:54 - Mar 27 with 1081 viewsBoris_

BUSINESS Benefits on 17:19 - Mar 27 by Bison

Pay 20% VAT on profits.

Then 20% Corporation tax on what's left before paying myself a dividend, of which I also pay tax on.

How much tax do you want me to pay mush?

BUSINESS Benefits on 20:36 - Mar 27 with 1039 viewsBuggalugs

BUSINESS Benefits on 17:54 - Mar 27 by Boris_

Pay 20% VAT on profits.

Then 20% Corporation tax on what's left before paying myself a dividend, of which I also pay tax on.

How much tax do you want me to pay mush?

Totally agree pal...I’m in exactly the same boat. Those that have no sympathy for directors who draw dividends for their salary forget or don’t understand the amount of corporation tax businesses pay. If we’re still trading in the coming years, you watch them whack that up as well as the tax rate on dividends to pay for all this.

Furthermore, as a business owner, not only do I have to worry about losing at least 2 months worth of trade (about £200k for us), the more concerning factor is getting the money in from customers purchases in Feb and March which will be due by end of April. Are these businesses really going to pay up with so much uncertainty in their own businesses? I fear that’ll be the most likely thing to take us down.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

BUSINESS Benefits on 22:58 - Mar 27 with 986 viewsBison

BUSINESS Benefits on 20:36 - Mar 27 by Buggalugs

Totally agree pal...I’m in exactly the same boat. Those that have no sympathy for directors who draw dividends for their salary forget or don’t understand the amount of corporation tax businesses pay. If we’re still trading in the coming years, you watch them whack that up as well as the tax rate on dividends to pay for all this.

Furthermore, as a business owner, not only do I have to worry about losing at least 2 months worth of trade (about £200k for us), the more concerning factor is getting the money in from customers purchases in Feb and March which will be due by end of April. Are these businesses really going to pay up with so much uncertainty in their own businesses? I fear that’ll be the most likely thing to take us down.

Look at the numbers you are quoting £200k , I said you won't get much sympathy at the moment due to people getting £97 a week on sick or like DV looking for a job at Tesco to feed himself.

So No , no sympathy if you talking about struggling mentioning £200,000.00 pound in the same breath as £000,097.25.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

BUSINESS Benefits on 23:00 - Mar 27 with 984 viewsBicester_North

BUSINESS Benefits on 20:36 - Mar 27 by Buggalugs

Agreed Buggalugs- The building trade is going to be an absolute mare with subbies going under with payments not being made, and I’m sure many other sectors are the same.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Login to get fewer ads

BUSINESS Benefits on 23:25 - Mar 27 with 972 viewscocklebreath

Being self employed I am going to get 80% which is great, won’t believe it till it’s in my bank account, feels weird, I’ve worked my whole adult life and never claimed a penny but suddenly I’m having money thrown at me, feels wrong getting paid to do nothing but fair play to the government I’ve gone from my main worry being can I pay my mortgage will my family and me stay safe, think I preferred the money worry’s

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

BUSINESS Benefits on 06:29 - Mar 28 with 903 viewsOccasional_Showers

BUSINESS Benefits on 23:25 - Mar 27 by cocklebreath

Being self employed I am going to get 80% which is great, won’t believe it till it’s in my bank account, feels weird, I’ve worked my whole adult life and never claimed a penny but suddenly I’m having money thrown at me, feels wrong getting paid to do nothing but fair play to the government I’ve gone from my main worry being can I pay my mortgage will my family and me stay safe, think I preferred the money worry’s

When you look at other countries you’ve got to be grateful that we are where we are. The government have gone above and beyond anything ever seen before. Americans are losing their jobs and have no automatic healthcare. This crisis needs fixing ASAP but with our measures we can hopefully come out he other side and get the economy firing up a lot quicker.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

BUSINESS Benefits on 07:25 - Mar 28 with 879 viewsBuggalugs

BUSINESS Benefits on 22:58 - Mar 27 by Bison

Look at the numbers you are quoting £200k , I said you won't get much sympathy at the moment due to people getting £97 a week on sick or like DV looking for a job at Tesco to feed himself.

So No , no sympathy if you talking about struggling mentioning £200,000.00 pound in the same breath as £000,097.25.

Not really a level playing field is it comparing a company’s turnover to an individual claiming universal credit.

Also, you do understand the difference between turnover and profit don’t you? There are multiple fixed costs to run a business and not only do we have to worry about paying those, we have to worry about being paid. Fortunately my business is in a pretty healthy position going into this, but I fear it’ll be decimated when we come out the other side.

I don’t want sympathy and yes, I don’t have to worry about feeding my family, but sticking two fingers up and underestimating the pressures small business owners are under through all this is crass.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

BUSINESS Benefits on 14:03 - Mar 28 with 808 viewsBoris_

BUSINESS Benefits on 22:58 - Mar 27 by Bison

Bit of a naive post there mush. £200k trade doesn't = £200k revenue but it does mean significant overheads each month that can quickly wipe out a company that's unable to trade for a few months ( and in turn cost people their jobs ) .

BUSINESS Benefits on 17:01 - Mar 28 with 738 viewsthis_charming_man

I’m surprised 22 hasn’t offered any advice on this subject what with him running a very successful business you’d think he’d be the ideal person to comment......

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

BUSINESS Benefits on 17:13 - Mar 28 with 728 viewskentsouthampton

BUSINESS Benefits on 17:14 - Mar 27 by Boris_

Creative accountancy can be a bitch.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024