Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hows Everyone 22:09 - Mar 29 with 763 viewsSaintNick

Getting on with lockdown, finding it very relaxing getting off the treadmill of modern life myself

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Hows Everyone on 22:40 - Mar 29 with 736 viewsthis_charming_man

All good here brother

In truth aside from not travelling not been that much different for me I have a work from home contract. BUSINESS has been surprisingly good, one of the areas I run in my company is enterprise software and we’ve had a huge upsurge in app delivery and VDI so feel very fortunate that so far my work and life has had little impact other than not being able to go to the gym or pub. Wish everyone else well.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Hows Everyone on 22:41 - Mar 29 with 729 viewsOccasional_Showers

I’ve done all the long walks around the village, mowed the lawns, scarified the lawns, grass seeded them, cut the hedges, I will soon be running out of things that need doing tbh. I’m not doing decorating or diy as I hate it with a passion.

They’re talking about this lockdown going on past 3 weeks. Work have told me I can’t work anywhere else as I’m on the govt pay thing and can’t do agency work etc. Just to keep my mobile on and they’ll ring me if I’m needed in.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Hows Everyone on 22:45 - Mar 29 with 730 views1885_SFC

Wish I could pick up some exterior paint to do my front door with. Been wanting to do it all Winter and now that the Spring and good weather is here - as well as finally having the time to do it locked up indoors - none of the DIY stores are open... FFS.

Old School is Cool

Hows Everyone on 22:47 - Mar 29 with 719 viewsOccasional_Showers

Hows Everyone on 22:45 - Mar 29 by 1885_SFC

Wish I could pick up some exterior paint to do my front door with. Been wanting to do it all Winter and now that the Spring and good weather is here - as well as finally having the time to do it locked up indoors - none of the DIY stores are open... FFS.

I went into Wilko’s today to do essential shopping and just happened to get some grass seed that I needed. They will sell your paint.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2020 22:49]

Hows Everyone on 23:39 - Mar 29 with 687 views1885_SFC

Hows Everyone on 22:47 - Mar 29 by Occasional_Showers

I went into Wilko’s today to do essential shopping and just happened to get some grass seed that I needed. They will sell your paint.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2020 22:49]

I didn't even know Wilko was open!!!

Old School is Cool

Hows Everyone on 07:29 - Mar 30 with 629 viewskernow

The local branch of Range was open for paint , plants and pet food.
Hows Everyone on 10:17 - Mar 30 with 546 viewsDorsetIan

Hows Everyone on 23:39 - Mar 29 by 1885_SFC

I didn't even know Wilko was open!!!

I thought that a lot of the big DIY shops were staying open but only on a 'click and collect' basis, where they leave it outside for you. Was about to but a sledgehammer from Screwfix over the weekend until a neighbour leant me a maul.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Hows Everyone on 10:33 - Mar 30 with 530 views1885_SFC

Hows Everyone on 10:17 - Mar 30 by DorsetIan

I thought that a lot of the big DIY shops were staying open but only on a 'click and collect' basis, where they leave it outside for you. Was about to but a sledgehammer from Screwfix over the weekend until a neighbour leant me a maul.

Some of them are - but not for paints which aren't deemed "essential"... which in fairness they're not. I think it's for emergencies such as burst pipes, electrical supply, etc.

Old School is Cool

Login to get fewer ads

Hows Everyone on 10:46 - Mar 30 with 511 viewsDorsetIan

Hows Everyone on 10:33 - Mar 30 by 1885_SFC

Some of them are - but not for paints which aren't deemed "essential"... which in fairness they're not. I think it's for emergencies such as burst pipes, electrical supply, etc.

I see. Hopefully it'll be one of the first things that can be relaxed. A lot of people could be getting with a lot of redecorating!

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Hows Everyone on 11:14 - Mar 30 with 484 views1885_SFC

Hows Everyone on 10:46 - Mar 30 by DorsetIan

I see. Hopefully it'll be one of the first things that can be relaxed. A lot of people could be getting with a lot of redecorating!

Just had a look at Wickes' website. They're only selling the following materials via click & collect:

Essential Categories

Building Materials
Electrical
Security
Power Tools
Plumbing
Central Heating
Screws & Fixings
Sealants & Adhesives

Old School is Cool

Hows Everyone on 11:56 - Mar 30 with 439 viewsOccasional_Showers

Hows Everyone on 11:14 - Mar 30 by 1885_SFC

Just had a look at Wickes' website. They're only selling the following materials via click & collect:

Essential Categories

Building Materials
Electrical
Security
Power Tools
Plumbing
Central Heating
Screws & Fixings
Sealants & Adhesives

Argos have click and collect in Sainsbury’s. I bought an xbox x on Friday. Wilkos is 100% open for everything they usually sell.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2020 11:57]

Hows Everyone on 12:09 - Mar 30 with 421 views1885_SFC

Hows Everyone on 11:56 - Mar 30 by Occasional_Showers

Argos have click and collect in Sainsbury’s. I bought an xbox x on Friday. Wilkos is 100% open for everything they usually sell.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2020 11:57]

Cheers for that. I've got to go to Waitrose tomorrow which just so happens to be next to Wilko where I am - so I'll kill two birds with one stone in the morning. Funnily enough my Waitrose was earmarked for closure in June... although I can't see that happening now as it's never been so busy under the current situation!

Old School is Cool

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024