Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The NHS and other key workers 12:34 - Apr 26 with 2455 viewsOccasional_Showers

During this global pandemic the cleaners, the bin men, the postmen, the supermarket and shop workers have all carried on working putting themselves at increased risk. I think they’re all doing a tremendous job. They are all hero’s.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

The NHS and other key workers on 17:01 - Apr 27 with 665 viewscocklebreath

The NHS and other key workers on 16:39 - Apr 27 by Boris_

If they love the work they do and are working during the summer holidays anyway then that’s great news, no risk of them demanding more money to work a few weeks of the summer holiday. Fantastic.

I see your on full on cooont mode.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

The NHS and other key workers on 17:08 - Apr 27 with 654 viewsBoris_

The NHS and other key workers on 16:53 - Apr 27 by solent_toffee

None of them would dream of asking for more money, I’m not sure how many teachers you know well?

I know a couple of Primary School teachers very well and they were like one of their pupils begging for a snow day before schools were shut. It couldn't come soon enough for them ( before anyone pipes up, there's literally zero evidence that children under 10 can transmit Covid-19 so they are not at risk by being at school ).

Can't speak for Secondary School teachers.

Poll: Claude Puel

The NHS and other key workers on 17:15 - Apr 27 with 643 viewssolent_toffee

The NHS and other key workers on 17:08 - Apr 27 by Boris_

I know a couple of Primary School teachers very well and they were like one of their pupils begging for a snow day before schools were shut. It couldn't come soon enough for them ( before anyone pipes up, there's literally zero evidence that children under 10 can transmit Covid-19 so they are not at risk by being at school ).

Haha, fair enough, there’s always going to be skivers/lazy so and so’s in every sector. From my experience, and I work with secondary schools and colleges, albeit remotely, they are extremely hard working and committed. I wouldn’t want to do it five days a week anyway.
The NHS and other key workers on 17:16 - Apr 27 with 642 viewsRednWight

So no evidence they can transmit it but they can die of it ?

The older I get the better I was
Poll: Cortese. Would we have him back

The NHS and other key workers on 17:20 - Apr 27 with 636 viewsBoris_

The NHS and other key workers on 17:16 - Apr 27 by RednWight

So no evidence they can transmit it but they can die of it ?

How many under-10's with no serious underlying medical conditions ( who would be shielding rather than at school ) have died of Covid-19 around the world?
[Post edited 27 Apr 2020 17:20]

The NHS and other key workers on 17:22 - Apr 27 with 633 viewsRednWight

The NHS and other key workers on 17:20 - Apr 27 by Boris_

How many under-10's with no serious underlying medical conditions ( who would be shielding rather than at school ) have died of Covid-19 around the world?

I’ve no idea. One is obviously too many
I’m no medical expert but if someone can die of it I assume they can pass it on before doing so

The NHS and other key workers on 17:28 - Apr 27 with 624 viewsBoris_

The NHS and other key workers on 17:22 - Apr 27 by RednWight

I’ve no idea. One is obviously too many
I’m no medical expert but if someone can die of it I assume they can pass it on before doing so

The answer is none ( or at least it was a couple of weeks ago ) . We shouldn't be shutting Primary Schools based on a one in several million chance.

The NHS and other key workers on 17:29 - Apr 27 with 621 viewsRednWight

The NHS and other key workers on 17:28 - Apr 27 by Boris_

The answer is none ( or at least it was a couple of weeks ago ) . We shouldn't be shutting Primary Schools based on a one in several million chance.

A 5 year old doesn’t count as under 10 ?

Login to get fewer ads

The NHS and other key workers on 17:31 - Apr 27 with 618 viewsBoris_

The NHS and other key workers on 17:29 - Apr 27 by RednWight

A 5 year old doesn’t count as under 10 ?

If a 5 year old with no underlying conditions has died then that's still one in several million chance...

The NHS and other key workers on 17:35 - Apr 27 with 616 viewsRednWight

The NHS and other key workers on 17:31 - Apr 27 by Boris_

If a 5 year old with no underlying conditions has died then that's still one in several million chance...

Yes. Can’t argue the maths
Just wondered why you think you know better than the health secretary , chancellor .etc

The NHS and other key workers on 17:39 - Apr 27 with 613 viewsVagina_Dentata

This says much more about your mates than it does teachers.

you can drink your weak lemon drink now.

The NHS and other key workers on 17:46 - Apr 27 with 601 viewsMr_Happy

The NHS and other key workers on 17:31 - Apr 27 by Boris_

You might want to read this.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/27/nhs-warns-of-rise-in-children-with

Mr Cheerful Pfft.

The NHS and other key workers on 17:48 - Apr 27 with 598 viewsRednWight

The NHS and other key workers on 17:20 - Apr 27 by Boris_

The chief medical officer has said 2 minutes ago that children at school will add to the cases of the virus but at this point they can’t say to what degree
They have a bit on the daily thing now where members of public can ask a question
I suggest you get on there tomorrow and ask why they are listening to him when you are available

The NHS and other key workers on 20:06 - Apr 27 with 530 viewsBoris_

The NHS and other key workers on 17:48 - Apr 27 by RednWight

The chief medical officer has said 2 minutes ago that children at school will add to the cases of the virus but at this point they can’t say to what degree
They have a bit on the daily thing now where members of public can ask a question
I suggest you get on there tomorrow and ask why they are listening to him when you are available

The World Health Organisation have said there is no evidence to suggest that children transmit the virus in schools. I'm just quoting them.

We are told to believe them and their advice is used to bash the government ( eg: test test test ) but when they say something that doesn't fit the agenda, they should be ignored?

The NHS and other key workers on 20:31 - Apr 27 with 514 viewsRednWight

The NHS and other key workers on 20:06 - Apr 27 by Boris_

The World Health Organisation have said there is no evidence to suggest that children transmit the virus in schools. I'm just quoting them.

We are told to believe them and their advice is used to bash the government ( eg: test test test ) but when they say something that doesn't fit the agenda, they should be ignored?

I’m not saying they should be ignored
I’m saying that compared to the chief medical officer you should be

The NHS and other key workers on 20:32 - Apr 27 with 512 viewsBoris_

The NHS and other key workers on 20:31 - Apr 27 by RednWight

I’m not saying they should be ignored
I’m saying that compared to the chief medical officer you should be

No, you're saying ignore the WHO if it fits with your argument and use them as gospel if they agree with you.

The NHS and other key workers on 20:35 - Apr 27 with 508 viewsRednWight

The NHS and other key workers on 20:32 - Apr 27 by Boris_

No, you're saying ignore the WHO if it fits with your argument and use them as gospel if they agree with you.

I didn’t mention the WHO you moron you did to deflect from the fact you were typing something just as the chief medical officer was saying the opposite

The NHS and other key workers on 20:38 - Apr 27 with 504 viewsBoris_

The NHS and other key workers on 20:35 - Apr 27 by RednWight

I didn’t mention the WHO you moron you did to deflect from the fact you were typing something just as the chief medical officer was saying the opposite

He didn't say that did he? He said Children will add to cases but doesn't know by how much? Children can catch it but there's no evidence to suggest they can pass it on. To spell it out to you, it is thought that children catch it off adults but symptoms are nearly always mild or non-existent and they don't transmit it to other children.

Still, have a little cry if you want to petal.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2020 20:46]

The NHS and other key workers on 21:02 - Apr 27 with 487 viewsRednWight

The NHS and other key workers on 20:38 - Apr 27 by Boris_

He didn't say that did he? He said Children will add to cases but doesn't know by how much? Children can catch it but there's no evidence to suggest they can pass it on. To spell it out to you, it is thought that children catch it off adults but symptoms are nearly always mild or non-existent and they don't transmit it to other children.

I’ll type very slowly to try to help you out
He said school reopening would lead to an increase in cases of the virus
Yes he said it wasn’t known to what extent as I said previously
He didn’t say children couldn’t pass it on possibly because to say that at the same time as saying it would lead to more cases would make him sound a bit of an idiot

The NHS and other key workers on 22:18 - Apr 27 with 446 viewsMr_Happy

Young people will be just fine, nothing to worry about.................

Mr Cheerful Pfft.

The NHS and other key workers on 06:24 - Apr 28 with 416 viewscynicalsaint

The NHS and other key workers on 20:38 - Apr 27 by Boris_

"there's no evidence to suggest they can pass it on" - maybe not but equally, and in my view, more importantly in a scenario like this one, there is no evidence that they can't pass it on. The stats can't keep up with events right now WHO and others simply don't know enough to model the uncertainty. It's a bit like face masks - WHO say there's no evidence to suggest they prevent transmission but again, there's no evidence to suggest that they don't so why wouldn't you use one?

When the outcomes are so potentially devastating isn't it better to adopt the precautionary principle?
The NHS and other key workers on 08:56 - Apr 28 with 389 viewsSadoldgit

The NHS and other key workers on 06:24 - Apr 28 by cynicalsaint

"there's no evidence to suggest they can pass it on" - maybe not but equally, and in my view, more importantly in a scenario like this one, there is no evidence that they can't pass it on. The stats can't keep up with events right now WHO and others simply don't know enough to model the uncertainty. It's a bit like face masks - WHO say there's no evidence to suggest they prevent transmission but again, there's no evidence to suggest that they don't so why wouldn't you use one?

When the outcomes are so potentially devastating isn't it better to adopt the precautionary principle?

Better to be safe than sorry! There have been a number of reports recently that suggest poor quality face masks do little to prevent catching the virus (it can infect through the eyes too) but can help protect against transmission of the virus as it helps to contain the coughs and sneezes. It can’t hurt - I guess the only downside is giving people a false sense of security, but if used with the current social distancing guidelines, why not give it a try?
The NHS and other key workers on 09:08 - Apr 28 with 376 viewssolent_toffee

The NHS and other key workers on 08:56 - Apr 28 by Sadoldgit

Better to be safe than sorry! There have been a number of reports recently that suggest poor quality face masks do little to prevent catching the virus (it can infect through the eyes too) but can help protect against transmission of the virus as it helps to contain the coughs and sneezes. It can’t hurt - I guess the only downside is giving people a false sense of security, but if used with the current social distancing guidelines, why not give it a try?

Speaking of face masks, I was in Tescos last week doing the fortnightly shop (I live right next to it, so it’s easy) and there was a couple wearing masks straight from Star Wars, proper Tie-Fighter pilot things they were. Very impressive. If only they could have adhered to the ‘follow the arrows’ and only one person from a household in the shop rule. To be fair, they looked fit, healthy and couldn’t give a phuck, look at our ace mask merchants.
The NHS and other key workers on 09:51 - Apr 28 with 356 viewsthis_charming_man

The NHS and other key workers on 09:08 - Apr 28 by solent_toffee

Speaking of face masks, I was in Tescos last week doing the fortnightly shop (I live right next to it, so it’s easy) and there was a couple wearing masks straight from Star Wars, proper Tie-Fighter pilot things they were. Very impressive. If only they could have adhered to the ‘follow the arrows’ and only one person from a household in the shop rule. To be fair, they looked fit, healthy and couldn’t give a phuck, look at our ace mask merchants.

I’m going to get one of these and start hanging around farms

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

The NHS and other key workers on 10:08 - Apr 28 with 337 viewsVagina_Dentata

The NHS and other key workers on 09:51 - Apr 28 by this_charming_man

I’m going to get one of these and start hanging around farms

For me, Shane Meadow’s best.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2020 10:09]

you can drink your weak lemon drink now.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024