Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saints Said To Be In Favour Of Project 10:10 - May 9 with 1266 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/52372/saints-said-to-be-

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Saints Said To Be In Favour Of Project on 10:35 - May 9 with 1247 viewsTripleNiemi

The cynic in me wonders if there might be some monies due as and when Van Dijk, Mane etc. collect the league title......
[Post edited 9 May 2020 10:36]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Saints Said To Be In Favour Of Project on 10:39 - May 9 with 1231 viewsPatfromPoole

Saints Said To Be In Favour Of Project on 10:35 - May 9 by TripleNiemi

The cynic in me wonders if there might be some monies due as and when Van Dijk, Mane etc. collect the league title......
[Post edited 9 May 2020 10:36]

Very good point, sir.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Saints Said To Be In Favour Of Project on 11:34 - May 9 with 1186 viewsthissceptredsaint

I hope players refuse to play. Where is the scientific or medical reasons for this being allowed to happen?
Saints Said To Be In Favour Of Project on 11:34 - May 9 with 1187 views1576

Really don't get the "lift the morale of the country" line, vast majority of the country don't give a shit about football.
Saints Said To Be In Favour Of Project on 11:40 - May 9 with 1186 viewsdirk_doone

It just needs 4 more clubs to oppose it and it's not going to happen:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52598311

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Saints Said To Be In Favour Of Project on 11:55 - May 9 with 1172 viewsPatfromPoole

You would expect Norwich and Boscombe to oppose it as well.

Not sure about too many others.

TripleNiemi makes a really interesting point about Saints being due money from the Scousers if they win the League. I would be intrigued to know how much this is.

Saints Said To Be In Favour Of Project on 12:01 - May 9 with 1170 viewscocklebreath

Saints Said To Be In Favour Of Project on 11:34 - May 9 by 1576

Really don't get the "lift the morale of the country" line, vast majority of the country don't give a shit about football.

and as I said before watching your team get beat 2 times a week isn’t going to improve morale either

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Saints Said To Be In Favour Of Project on 12:09 - May 9 with 1156 viewsPatfromPoole

It will lift morale significantly in the red half of Merseyside, but it will go down significantly in:-

- the blue half of Merseyside
- Manchester
- the three clubs which end up getting relegated

Would therefore definitely question the logic that it will improve morale overall.

Login to get fewer ads

Saints Said To Be In Favour Of Project on 15:44 - May 9 with 1060 viewsWaylander

Saints Said To Be In Favour Of Project on 12:09 - May 9 by PatfromPoole

It will lift morale significantly in the red half of Merseyside, but it will go down significantly in:-

- the blue half of Merseyside
- Manchester
- the three clubs which end up getting relegated

Would therefore definitely question the logic that it will improve morale overall.

It will improve morale around Southampton if Brighton and/or Bournemouth go down and P#MP#Y don't get out of Lg1 (not that were likely to)
Saints Said To Be In Favour Of Project on 19:48 - May 9 with 957 viewsBuggalugs

Even those that do give a shit about football, don’t give a shit about their team playing football behind closed doors, at neutral venues. The games simply won’t be as competitive as they should be and will only satisfy the mongy armchair fan and the greedy clubs for not having to repay any tv money. Doubt I’d either bother watching our games.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Saints Said To Be In Favour Of Project on 20:03 - May 9 with 949 viewsSteveMoron

Saints Said To Be In Favour Of Project on 19:48 - May 9 by Buggalugs

Even those that do give a shit about football, don’t give a shit about their team playing football behind closed doors, at neutral venues. The games simply won’t be as competitive as they should be and will only satisfy the mongy armchair fan and the greedy clubs for not having to repay any tv money. Doubt I’d either bother watching our games.

Closed doors and neutral venues will be in place for probably a few years so I hate to say it, we just need to get on with it.
Saints Said To Be In Favour Of Project on 21:25 - May 9 with 889 viewsPatfromPoole

Saints Said To Be In Favour Of Project on 19:48 - May 9 by Buggalugs

Oh come on Buggs, the MyApplause app will be immense......

Saints Said To Be In Favour Of Project on 21:49 - May 9 with 865 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Meanwhile in Germany ... eye roll ... what do people not get?? https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52601471

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Saints Said To Be In Favour Of Project on 22:12 - May 9 with 846 viewsBicester_North

Saints Said To Be In Favour Of Project on 21:49 - May 9 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Meanwhile in Germany ... eye roll ... what do people not get?? https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52601471

As much as I loathe the premier league and most of the dribbling circus that surrounds it, football and all sport is a massive part of society and keeps a lot of people from going off the rails, it has a huge contribution to society in general, and benefits the economy in a big way.
It needs to come back as soon as possible somehow, but can’t see how until testing and tracing is fully sorted.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Saints Said To Be In Favour Of Project on 09:28 - May 10 with 736 viewsPatfromPoole

Looks like there is some kind of “meeting” of Prem clubs tomorrow which could be fairly significant.

Saints Said To Be In Favour Of Project on 10:42 - May 10 with 702 viewsPatfromPoole

And now this.

What if a couple of our best players (say Ings and one other) catch it while “Restart” is ongoing? Hardly fair.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11741/11986015/coronavirus-third-brighto

Saints Said To Be In Favour Of Project on 11:19 - May 10 with 688 viewssolent_toffee

Saints Said To Be In Favour Of Project on 10:42 - May 10 by PatfromPoole

And now this.

What if a couple of our best players (say Ings and one other) catch it while “Restart” is ongoing? Hardly fair.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11741/11986015/coronavirus-third-brighto

Brighton have been one of the clubs pushing for a restart haven’t they?

I would imagine they will be having a change of heart on this today.
Saints Said To Be In Favour Of Project on 16:04 - May 10 with 622 views1885_SFC

German cases continue to rise yet again following a relaxation of the lock-down there. Not sure German football will go ahead as planned... not yet anyway.

Old School is Cool

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024