Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lockdown is over !!!! 12:19 - May 15 with 1416 viewsYarman

As someone who has been working on and off since lockdown, l think l can safely say that lockdown is now over in the Eastleigh / C Ford area. It's heaving with people of all age groups out walking, shopping and standing close together talking, families out on bikes meeting other families on bikes and the kids playing together, while their parents talk, probably about how unsafe it is to send them back to school.
Maybe it should only be people who have been paid to stay at home who should have their Tax raised to help pay it back , and not the essential workers, would that not be fairer?.
[Post edited 15 May 2020 13:33]
Lockdown is over !!!! on 13:23 - May 15 with 1356 viewsSadoldgit

You’ve got to love the Great British Public and it’s common sense. Throw in the great toilet roll hoarding and the recent news that there have been approximately 800 fraudulent furlough claims so far and you do have to wonder what part of “we’re all in this together” some people just don’t understand. Watch the infection and death rates start to climb again after the weekend.
Lockdown is over !!!! on 14:15 - May 15 with 1308 viewsJaySaint

Lockdown is over !!!! on 13:23 - May 15 by Sadoldgit

You’ve got to love the Great British Public and it’s common sense. Throw in the great toilet roll hoarding and the recent news that there have been approximately 800 fraudulent furlough claims so far and you do have to wonder what part of “we’re all in this together” some people just don’t understand. Watch the infection and death rates start to climb again after the weekend.

probably the Governments fault, right?

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Lockdown is over !!!! on 14:25 - May 15 with 1289 viewsSaintNick

Lockdown is over !!!! on 13:23 - May 15 by Sadoldgit

Actually the death rates would drop after the weekend, we won't find out if the slackening of any restrictions have worsened things until about 3 weeks or so afterwards.

That is the problem with tackling it, you never find out f something you have done is right or wrong until long after the event, this disease takes a little bit of time to show itself in people and then kill them.

If deaths drop after the weekend it is to do with the measures taken weeks ago, the same applies if they increase

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Lockdown is over !!!! on 14:31 - May 15 with 1284 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Lockdown is over !!!! on 14:25 - May 15 by SaintNick

Actually the death rates would drop after the weekend, we won't find out if the slackening of any restrictions have worsened things until about 3 weeks or so afterwards.

That is the problem with tackling it, you never find out f something you have done is right or wrong until long after the event, this disease takes a little bit of time to show itself in people and then kill them.

If deaths drop after the weekend it is to do with the measures taken weeks ago, the same applies if they increase

I think it's the hospital admissions graph that is the most telling. That had a peak, but isn't really tailing off and I think it is THAT graph that will start to climb after this coming weekend following the bank holiday bellends gathering.

Then yes, deaths increase a week or two following that.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Lockdown is over !!!! on 14:49 - May 15 with 1259 viewsSadoldgit

Lockdown is over !!!! on 14:15 - May 15 by JaySaint

Your words not mine Jay! I am not blaming the government for the amount of stupidity shown by sections of the public, but I do wonder why thy seem to overestimate the amount of common sense out there.
Lockdown is over !!!! on 14:51 - May 15 with 1253 viewsJaySaint

we are a fat, selfish, disgusting nation these days.

Lockdown is over !!!! on 14:51 - May 15 with 1253 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Lockdown is over !!!! on 14:49 - May 15 by Sadoldgit

Your words not mine Jay! I am not blaming the government for the amount of stupidity shown by sections of the public, but I do wonder why thy seem to overestimate the amount of common sense out there.

I would agree with that. But the more I think about it, the more I think they have never really deviated away from their herd immunity thinking - so hey WANT people to get it now the NHS has been "protected" and is quieter again.

Lockdown is over !!!! on 14:53 - May 15 with 1248 viewsJaySaint

Lockdown is over !!!! on 14:51 - May 15 by Gennaro_Contaldo

I would agree with that. But the more I think about it, the more I think they have never really deviated away from their herd immunity thinking - so hey WANT people to get it now the NHS has been "protected" and is quieter again.

argument to be had with that.

300-odd under 60s - without underlying health problems - died of this.

More will die drowning this year!

Login to get fewer ads

Lockdown is over !!!! on 15:22 - May 15 with 1216 viewscocklebreath

I think it’s been the idea all along and pretend otherwise, if it’s not going away then I can’t see another way

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Lockdown is over !!!! on 15:56 - May 15 with 1180 viewsSadoldgit

Lockdown is over !!!! on 14:53 - May 15 by JaySaint

argument to be had with that.

300-odd under 60s - without underlying health problems - died of this.

More will die drowning this year!

And how many more would still be alive if there were no virus? Drowning is death by accident. Sitting in a care home full of the the virus is no accident. We have no idea how high the death toll would be if we had continued with the herd immunity policy but we do know the figure quoted by the government- 500,000. There is a reason that countries shut down and that is because this disease is deadly. If relatively young and healthy people are exposed to enough of the virus, there is a high probability that it will kill them. Look at the number of young, healthy NHS staff who have fallen victim.
Lockdown is over !!!! on 15:58 - May 15 with 1177 viewsJaySaint

Lockdown is over !!!! on 15:56 - May 15 by Sadoldgit

And how many more would still be alive if there were no virus? Drowning is death by accident. Sitting in a care home full of the the virus is no accident. We have no idea how high the death toll would be if we had continued with the herd immunity policy but we do know the figure quoted by the government- 500,000. There is a reason that countries shut down and that is because this disease is deadly. If relatively young and healthy people are exposed to enough of the virus, there is a high probability that it will kill them. Look at the number of young, healthy NHS staff who have fallen victim.

tragic as it is, we are going to have to live with this thing. Probably for a while

Keeping the country under lock and key is not possible. Morally and certainly economically.

Lockdown is over !!!! on 16:37 - May 15 with 1134 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Lockdown is over !!!! on 15:22 - May 15 by cocklebreath

I think it’s been the idea all along and pretend otherwise, if it’s not going away then I can’t see another way

Sadly yes. I don't think they've been totally honest with us, maybe I shouldn't be shocked.

Lockdown is over !!!! on 17:00 - May 15 with 1109 viewsOccasional_Showers

They said at the start it’s about turning the tap on and off so the NHS isn’t overwhelmed. We have to move forward mitigating risks, saving more lives as palliative care improves, but crucially on the basis that no vaccine will be found. Just like no vaccine has been found for SARS or AIDS.

The left want us to go into hibernation and hope for a vaccine. They have never understood the concept of things costing money.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Lockdown is over !!!! on 17:14 - May 15 with 1106 viewsthissceptredsaint

Lockdown is over !!!! on 14:15 - May 15 by JaySaint

Yes it is, they are the ones who aren't enforcing any lock down and have put the financial interests of some millionaires (not all, Reece Mogg was profiteering from lock down anyway) before the public's health

They have been at best poor communicators and at worst acting in bad faith
Lockdown is over !!!! on 17:24 - May 15 with 1096 viewsYarman

Lockdown is over !!!! on 17:14 - May 15 by thissceptredsaint

Yes it is, they are the ones who aren't enforcing any lock down and have put the financial interests of some millionaires (not all, Reece Mogg was profiteering from lock down anyway) before the public's health

They have been at best poor communicators and at worst acting in bad faith

How can or would you enforce a lockdown ?
Lockdown is over !!!! on 18:29 - May 15 with 1047 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Lockdown is over !!!! on 17:00 - May 15 by Occasional_Showers

They said at the start it’s about turning the tap on and off so the NHS isn’t overwhelmed. We have to move forward mitigating risks, saving more lives as palliative care improves, but crucially on the basis that no vaccine will be found. Just like no vaccine has been found for SARS or AIDS.

The left want us to go into hibernation and hope for a vaccine. They have never understood the concept of things costing money.

Sorry, but I support that then if that's the 'left'. We should be staying at home still and away from each other. The economy will recover, lives won't.

Lockdown is over !!!! on 18:42 - May 15 with 1027 viewsYarman

Lockdown is over !!!! on 18:29 - May 15 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Sorry, but I support that then if that's the 'left'. We should be staying at home still and away from each other. The economy will recover, lives won't.

It shouldn't be about Left or Right, it should be about getting people to do what is needed to stop this virus, but that is never going to happen, people cant even follow direction arrows on a shop floor!!.
Lockdown is over !!!! on 18:47 - May 15 with 1023 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Lockdown is over !!!! on 18:42 - May 15 by Yarman

It shouldn't be about Left or Right, it should be about getting people to do what is needed to stop this virus, but that is never going to happen, people cant even follow direction arrows on a shop floor!!.

I know, it is shocking - people are just sh*t.

Lockdown is over !!!! on 18:50 - May 15 with 1013 viewsOccasional_Showers

Lockdown is over !!!! on 18:29 - May 15 by Gennaro_Contaldo

If we shut down for another 3 weeks it’s not going to stop this virus coming back. Even if we completely eradicated it it’s a global virus and it’ll come back much harder this coming winter. The only sensible option is to keep infection at manageable levels and steadily build up the herd immunity level.

Lockdown is over !!!! on 18:57 - May 15 with 1013 viewssolent_toffee

Lockdown is over !!!! on 17:24 - May 15 by Yarman

How can or would you enforce a lockdown ?

In this country, with great difficulty. In Spain last weekend they had 36k fines in 48 hours, we have had 11k during the entire lockdown period. Now I don’t know if that’s because we are a lot more compliant than Spain, but I imagine it’s because they do have a lot more police than the UK and their overall infrastructure is different (not necessarily better), in that they have more local shops etc and less of the shopping retail parks. That’s just a couple of examples, but I’d love to know how they are expected to maintain a lockdown in day Devon or Cornwall where it’s not enforceable because they have hardly any police.
Lockdown is over !!!! on 19:04 - May 15 with 1011 viewsYarman

Lockdown is over !!!! on 18:50 - May 15 by Occasional_Showers

If we shut down for another 3 weeks it’s not going to stop this virus coming back. Even if we completely eradicated it it’s a global virus and it’ll come back much harder this coming winter. The only sensible option is to keep infection at manageable levels and steadily build up the herd immunity level.

You are so right O S , my good mate who is a Hants Firefighter and a member of the TA as combat medic tells me they are training for the future infection which will be worse than now when the Flu bug returns in the winter.
Lockdown is over !!!! on 19:25 - May 15 with 991 viewsOccasional_Showers

Lockdown is over !!!! on 19:04 - May 15 by Yarman

You are so right O S , my good mate who is a Hants Firefighter and a member of the TA as combat medic tells me they are training for the future infection which will be worse than now when the Flu bug returns in the winter.

While the sun is out and the NHS is struggling to find things to do we need to be following Florida’s example. Infection levels are getting too low in the UK and we need to push them up a bit, keep the level manageable and get to that herd immunity target. The more people that become immune over the summer the less this virus is going to kill off this winter. We need that R number up, it’s too low. Get it up to between 0.9 and 1.1 - and the NHS will have a far more manageable winter flu season.

[Post edited 15 May 2020 19:30]

Lockdown is over !!!! on 19:47 - May 15 with 975 viewsRednWight

Lockdown is over !!!! on 19:25 - May 15 by Occasional_Showers

While the sun is out and the NHS is struggling to find things to do we need to be following Florida’s example. Infection levels are getting too low in the UK and we need to push them up a bit, keep the level manageable and get to that herd immunity target. The more people that become immune over the summer the less this virus is going to kill off this winter. We need that R number up, it’s too low. Get it up to between 0.9 and 1.1 - and the NHS will have a far more manageable winter flu season.

[Post edited 15 May 2020 19:30]

So why don’t you go out and do your best to catch it now
Do your bit for pushing the R number up
Or do you think other people should do that ?

The older I get the better I was
Poll: Cortese. Would we have him back

Lockdown is over !!!! on 20:13 - May 15 with 948 viewsOccasional_Showers

Lockdown is over !!!! on 19:47 - May 15 by RednWight

So why don’t you go out and do your best to catch it now
Do your bit for pushing the R number up
Or do you think other people should do that ?

We must move forward on the expectation there will be no vaccine BECAUSE THERE PROBABLY WONT BE.... And if there isn’t to be a vaccine this virus is going to come back hard between November and March when the most vulnerable are at their lowest level of immunity.

We are doing very well in this country, we are probably top of the league when it comes to herd immunity. Now is not the time to throw away our hard fought advantage.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024