Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harry's Heroes 13:30 - May 22 with 776 viewsTimSaint

Apologies if there has already been a thread on this, but I've not been on here for a while.

Have just finished watching the 3rd and final episode of the 2nd series and wondered what others thought of it.

Quite good from a Saints perspective (love em or hate em) - Redknapp, Le Tiss, Ruddock, Wright and cameos from Beasant and Phillips.

Without spoiling anything for people who want to, but haven't watched it yet, I personally didn't enjoy it as much as the first Series, apart from the actual games. There was too much emphasis on the one idiot in the group, players initially showing potential but then having to leave, too many injuries and too much emphasis on the culture of the places they visited, rather than the training and the actual football.

It was great to see Le Tiss introducing Merson (after all his troubles) to golf, but unfortunately he is no longer the goalkeeper he once was in that Testimonial at the Dell !!

TimSaint

Harry's Heroes on 16:22 - May 22 with 705 viewsBicester_North

Only watched the first one but all seems a bit contrived this time round.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Harry's Heroes on 17:02 - May 22 with 670 viewskingslandstand1

I thought it was quite good, only quite though, and again won't provide the spoiler result against Germany!
I agree there was the emphasis on Ruddock, but also as the programme was being shown in mental awareness week (coincidence or not I'm not sure), but it showed how footballers can go off the rails once the playing days are all over and they were quite open about their issues, even Tiss fessed up to what could have happened to him although that was quite insignificant compared to the others
I thought Hendrie in particular let out more than was expected especially the suicidal tendencies - he really was struggling at times. We all know about Merson, but it also showed the comradery within a team that must be special and that clearly went missing as although they all said what great mates they were, where were these mates when they obviously needed them. I wonder where today's millionaire players will be in 20 years time?
As you say, quite a lot of SFC references and the fact that they showed Ruddock in Saints kit on their pictures and playing for us was unusual, or was that cos the Scousers were too embarrassed to have him associated with them?
As for too much culture, personally I didn't mind that as had been to most of those places and see nothing wrong with showing the places off - especially Florence. The problem was that none of them appreciated anything they saw ………….
Can't see there being another series - too same as and as you say, contrived
Harry's Heroes on 18:04 - May 22 with 640 viewsSteveMoron

Brilliant series, loved it.
Worried about Hendrie though.
Harry's Heroes on 10:13 - May 23 with 482 viewsRon11

Redknapp.
On one of my very rare visits to the club hospitality, I heard him say to Rupert Lowe (they may well have been discussing the chances of staying up) 'the main thing you need here mate is to buy some fu ckin' defenders'.
Some things never change.
Harry's Heroes on 10:24 - May 23 with 476 viewsOccasional_Showers

Harry's Heroes on 10:13 - May 23 by Ron11

Redknapp.
On one of my very rare visits to the club hospitality, I heard him say to Rupert Lowe (they may well have been discussing the chances of staying up) 'the main thing you need here mate is to buy some fu ckin' defenders'.
Some things never change.

Won’t it be wonderful to get back to saint22 making this exact point 365 days of the year.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Harry's Heroes on 10:36 - May 23 with 471 viewsNumber_58

The item with Redknapp discussing the horrendous fatal accident he was involved in during Italia 90 was very poignant and moving. But was I the only one who was quite shocked when, in the next clip, he was joking with John Barnes about Italians driving on the wrong side of the road?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024