Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
COVID predictions 11:31 - May 25 with 1316 viewsJaySaint

take politics out of it.

Will there be a 2nd wave? You could argue the next wave (if any) will be the 3rd

will there be a vaccine that works? May work in the short term

will we social distance long term? Obviously not

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

COVID predictions on 11:48 - May 25 with 1019 viewsHeisenberg

If we all follow the Governments clear advice and stay at home then we might avoid a second wave. This is particularly important for anyone displaying symptoms of the virus. They must not travel for any reason what so ever. It's been the PMs mantra since day one.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

COVID predictions on 11:57 - May 25 with 1001 viewsSadoldgit

As it hasn’t gone away, we can’t really say that the first wave is over yet. As long as people obey the rules, that will help. So no shaking hands or driving across the country with the infection to see family members when you should be self isolated.
COVID predictions on 11:57 - May 25 with 1008 viewssaint22

COVID predictions on 11:48 - May 25 by Heisenberg

If we all follow the Governments clear advice and stay at home then we might avoid a second wave. This is particularly important for anyone displaying symptoms of the virus. They must not travel for any reason what so ever. It's been the PMs mantra since day one.

But I need someone to look after my child and no one lives within 300 miles of me what do I do!!,!,?
COVID predictions on 12:17 - May 25 with 988 viewsSadoldgit

COVID predictions on 11:57 - May 25 by saint22

But I need someone to look after my child and no one lives within 300 miles of me what do I do!!,!,?

Perhaps we should get everyone who tests positive to go north and take their children with them?
COVID predictions on 12:19 - May 25 with 993 viewsJaySaint

COVID predictions on 11:48 - May 25 by Heisenberg

well done for keeping politics out of it

COVID predictions on 12:20 - May 25 with 992 viewsJaySaint

COVID predictions on 11:57 - May 25 by Sadoldgit

As it hasn’t gone away, we can’t really say that the first wave is over yet. As long as people obey the rules, that will help. So no shaking hands or driving across the country with the infection to see family members when you should be self isolated.

There was an interesting piece on the radio earlier. Another epidemiology scientist saying there is merit in the idea that what we are seeing now is the dreaded 2nd wave.

1st wave actually hit us before xmas

COVID predictions on 12:21 - May 25 with 988 viewsRednWight

COVID predictions on 12:20 - May 25 by JaySaint

There was an interesting piece on the radio earlier. Another epidemiology scientist saying there is merit in the idea that what we are seeing now is the dreaded 2nd wave.

1st wave actually hit us before xmas

Well let’s hope he’s right

The older I get the better I was
Poll: Cortese. Would we have him back

COVID predictions on 12:25 - May 25 with 980 viewsOccasional_Showers

It’ll return and kill in the hundreds of thousands.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Login to get fewer ads

COVID predictions on 12:27 - May 25 with 981 viewsSteveMoron

COVID predictions on 11:57 - May 25 by Sadoldgit

I do agree sad old git but everyone seems to be so fixated on Cummings, it's getting ridiculous.....and boring. It's like a pack of wolves that smell blood. He will go eventually.
Let's focus on eradicating the virus, although the virus seems to be fading for the time being. I think care homes data make us think it's everywhere, but it isn't anymore.
COVID predictions on 12:29 - May 25 with 974 viewsJaySaint

COVID predictions on 12:21 - May 25 by RednWight

Well let’s hope he’s right

He's?

stop this sexist nonsense!

COVID predictions on 14:07 - May 25 with 932 viewsBoris_

All of you hysterical lefties will be begging for a second wave and more deaths. I genuinely think you'll be upset when this is all over. The worse it is, the more you can shout and scream about how nasty Boris is to complete strangers on the internet.

Poll: Claude Puel

COVID predictions on 14:29 - May 25 with 916 viewskingslandstand1

COVID predictions on 14:07 - May 25 by Boris_

All of you hysterical lefties will be begging for a second wave and more deaths. I genuinely think you'll be upset when this is all over. The worse it is, the more you can shout and scream about how nasty Boris is to complete strangers on the internet.

COVID predictions on 14:36 - May 25 with 910 viewsdirk_doone

I'm very optimistic about it. I think we'll be pleasantly surprised when it just quietly slips away like all of the previous pandemics.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

COVID predictions on 14:44 - May 25 with 902 viewscocklebreath

COVID predictions on 12:25 - May 25 by Occasional_Showers

It’ll return and kill in the hundreds of thousands.

You’re such a pillock. It won’t

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

COVID predictions on 15:38 - May 25 with 884 viewskingolaf

I don’t think there will be another wave.

I think by the time a vaccine is ready it will be largely irrelevant in the U.K. There will be effective treatments to minimise the effects and the virus will have largely died out.
COVID predictions on 17:40 - May 25 with 852 viewsthissceptredsaint

COVID predictions on 12:19 - May 25 by JaySaint

well done for keeping politics out of it

You can't keep politics out of something that has politicians interfering with scientific evidence and scientists on a regular basis
COVID predictions on 18:25 - May 25 with 827 viewsSadoldgit

COVID predictions on 14:07 - May 25 by Boris_

It’s impossible to take you seriously when you make your usual exaggerated claims like this.
COVID predictions on 18:46 - May 25 with 817 viewsBoris_

COVID predictions on 18:25 - May 25 by Sadoldgit

It’s impossible to take you seriously when you make your usual exaggerated claims like this.

Oh I am not exaggerating it, or fishing for a reaction... I genuinely thing you and some of the other lunatics like Piers Morgan wake up each morning hoping things can get as bad as possible, so you can win an argument on the internet.

COVID predictions on 18:46 - May 25 with 815 viewsOccasional_Showers

COVID predictions on 18:25 - May 25 by Sadoldgit

How many deaths today? It must be low or you’d be having a wonderful time blaming the Tories.
[Post edited 25 May 2020 18:47]

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

COVID predictions on 20:48 - May 25 with 761 viewsPatfromPoole

Weather won’t have helped.

Dread to think what the beaches have been like in the last couple of days. And will continue to be for the rest of this week....

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

COVID predictions on 21:04 - May 25 with 752 viewsBoris_

COVID predictions on 20:48 - May 25 by PatfromPoole

Weather won’t have helped.

Dread to think what the beaches have been like in the last couple of days. And will continue to be for the rest of this week....

Which is great. Transmission outdoors is minimal, in hot sunshine it's even less.

COVID predictions on 10:39 - May 28 with 612 viewsSadoldgit

An interesting stat for all those trying to play down the devastating effect of covid-19 so far. The death toll from the virus in the USA is now the same of the death toll from all of the wars they have been involved in from Vietnam onwards.
COVID predictions on 12:37 - May 28 with 590 viewsBoris_

COVID predictions on 10:39 - May 28 by Sadoldgit

An interesting stat for all those trying to play down the devastating effect of covid-19 so far. The death toll from the virus in the USA is now the same of the death toll from all of the wars they have been involved in from Vietnam onwards.

Out of those, how many died BECAUSE of Coronavirus as opposed to WITH or suspected with?

How many were on deaths door already?

Until you have those facts to hand, you can't look at numbers.

There's a 70% drop in urgent cancer referrals, mainly caused by the scaremongering by the likes of Piers Morgan etc spouting negative rhetoric, as well as the lockdown. That will equate to thousands of excess deaths which may in time dwarf Covid-19 deaths.

COVID predictions on 16:31 - May 28 with 532 viewswashington_saint

COVID predictions on 10:39 - May 28 by Sadoldgit

Well done for quoting, yet again, another worthless snippet from the mainstream press. You do realize over 8,000 people a day die EVERY DAY here in the US (pre-COVID) which equates to over 670,000 in a 3 month window (the COVID window).

Wouldn't expect any sort of perspective from you - for what it's worth (but most on here won;t believe or will choose to ignore) those States here in the US have NOT experienced a second wave. All the models have been wrong to date and continue to be so. PLaces like South Dakota, Texas, Georgia, South Carolina, Florida were all widely panned by the left wing press and were getting hysterical about how Governors should be classed as murderers for opening up. Well guess what - the infection rate continues to drop in these STates (they have more testing as the weeks go on so the numbers of positive infection results rise but the % of positive tests [and deaths] is decreasing.

Long and short is that no-one knows for sure what the future holds: COVID or no COVID. As more stats become available it is clear this nasty virus affects certain people badly and has minimal impact on the vast majority
[Post edited 28 May 2020 16:31]
COVID predictions on 16:49 - May 28 with 515 viewsSadoldgit

Yes mate. We all know that people die every day from cancer, traffic accidents etc. What they didn’t die of until recently was Covid-19.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024