Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Whats Everyone Up To At The Weekend 13:54 - Jun 5 with 923 viewsSaintNick

Going to be a bit tougher with the weather changing

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Whats Everyone Up To At The Weekend on 21:37 - Jun 5 with 876 viewssolent_toffee

Weather is going to pick up next weekend and then there’s the football the following week, so this weekend will just be a couple of social distanced get together and sorting out my house which is a kip as we’ve not had a cleaner for a few months now.

As much as I’m against the football starting up at this moment, I am looking forward to seeing how the football plays out in a few weeks time. Although I reckon after the one weekend, it might become a bit dull.
Whats Everyone Up To At The Weekend on 22:07 - Jun 5 with 861 viewskernow

Wish I could sit down and chill but guilt takes over and I've got ants in my pants.
Doing stuff in preparation for imminent personal brexit.
Whats Everyone Up To At The Weekend on 09:05 - Jun 6 with 766 viewsdirk_doone

Apart from a bit of gardening, pursuing my latest hobby, which is studying Russian. It's not for everyone, I know, but I'm really enjoying it and it's good to give my old brain some exercise.

One of my daughters has just given birth to my fifth grandchild so we'll spend quite a lot of time on video calls as she lives a few hundred miles away.

That's about it really.

Anyway, what are you doing, Nick? It's going to be a bit windy for cycling.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2020 9:08]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Whats Everyone Up To At The Weekend on 09:58 - Jun 6 with 722 viewssaint68

A couple of trips to the tip, visit the butchers for a nice joint for tomorrow's lunch and generally enjoy the weekend with the kids.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Whats Everyone Up To At The Weekend on 09:59 - Jun 6 with 720 viewsDorsetIan

Whats Everyone Up To At The Weekend on 09:05 - Jun 6 by dirk_doone

Apart from a bit of gardening, pursuing my latest hobby, which is studying Russian. It's not for everyone, I know, but I'm really enjoying it and it's good to give my old brain some exercise.

One of my daughters has just given birth to my fifth grandchild so we'll spend quite a lot of time on video calls as she lives a few hundred miles away.

That's about it really.

Anyway, what are you doing, Nick? It's going to be a bit windy for cycling.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2020 9:08]

Learning Russian was going to be one of my lockdown distractions. Asked my wife to teach me. Lesson 1 she sent me away to learn the alphabet and that's as far as I've got! Are you following a book/series?

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Whats Everyone Up To At The Weekend on 11:07 - Jun 6 with 697 viewsdirk_doone

Whats Everyone Up To At The Weekend on 09:59 - Jun 6 by DorsetIan

Learning Russian was going to be one of my lockdown distractions. Asked my wife to teach me. Lesson 1 she sent me away to learn the alphabet and that's as far as I've got! Are you following a book/series?

Is your wife Russian? It will be a great help to you if she is.

I already had a start as I learned a bit many years ago, including the alphabet. It's surprising how similar it is to English in many ways.

This free online course is excellent:

https://russianmadeeasy.com/russian-made-easy-podcast-videos/

Don't let a different alphabet put you off. I learned it during a flight to Moscow but I was much younger then so learned faster. Nevertheless, if you approach it with a positive attitude that it's something you can take in your stride, you will master it much faster than you think.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2020 11:15]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Whats Everyone Up To At The Weekend on 11:22 - Jun 6 with 677 viewsDorsetIan

Whats Everyone Up To At The Weekend on 11:07 - Jun 6 by dirk_doone

Is your wife Russian? It will be a great help to you if she is.

I already had a start as I learned a bit many years ago, including the alphabet. It's surprising how similar it is to English in many ways.

This free online course is excellent:

https://russianmadeeasy.com/russian-made-easy-podcast-videos/

Don't let a different alphabet put you off. I learned it during a flight to Moscow but I was much younger then so learned faster. Nevertheless, if you approach it with a positive attitude that it's something you can take in your stride, you will master it much faster than you think.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2020 11:15]

No, but she's pretty good at learning languages generally and she has a Russian O level from way back - just thought it would be good to have her assist, at least in the early stages. I did once learn the alphabet but that was many years ago and all forgotten. You're right though, I've done it once so should be able to again!

Thanks for the link. I will have a look at that.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Whats Everyone Up To At The Weekend on 18:52 - Jun 6 with 586 viewsRonManager

This weekend, I are mostly be doing nothing.

I can remember when the internet was all fields

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024