Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A spike is due? 19:27 - Jun 13 with 1309 viewskingslandstand1

What's the betting of one in a couple of weeks with all these tw@ts still insisting on fighting the law, oh sorry, peacefully demonstrating and getting a message across
A spike is due? on 19:59 - Jun 13 with 1267 viewsSadoldgit

I am not sure what the message was supposed to be today. Don’t have a picnic in a park? Statues that have heavy protection also need to be surrounded by drunk thugs? If you need to wee, do so on a dead policeman’s memorial?

Initially when they were talking about a second wave they were talking about it being in the winter when more people are inside. Who knows? Perhaps the number of people hitting the beaches, those hitting each other on protests and those driving around the country will cause another wave. So far though, it isn’t happening. Let’s hope it doesn’t.
A spike is due? on 22:45 - Jun 13 with 1200 viewsthissceptredsaint

They have been preparing for a second wave for weeks, look at Nhs Hampshire jobs site. Look at the kind of jobs that have come up.

Since this government dog whistled and confused with the VE day commemorations and made people go back to work wave 2 has been on the cards, these protests and riots will not be the cause.
A spike is due? on 00:41 - Jun 14 with 1158 viewscocklebreath

I’m no scientist but I think it’s over chaps, time to move on, the news will be full of brexit again🙄 probably more fun for the virus to linger a bit

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

A spike is due? on 09:31 - Jun 14 with 1084 viewsBoris_

There is not going to be a second wave FFS. That is fake news.

Poll: Claude Puel

A spike is due? on 09:45 - Jun 14 with 1072 viewsChesham_Saint

A spike is due? on 09:31 - Jun 14 by Boris_

If you take 1919 as a precedent, there was a second wave which was far worse. So it’s a reasonable assumption that Covid might follow the same pattern, isn’t it?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

A spike is due? on 09:49 - Jun 14 with 1065 viewsBoris_

A spike is due? on 09:45 - Jun 14 by Chesham_Saint

If you take 1919 as a precedent, there was a second wave which was far worse. So it’s a reasonable assumption that Covid might follow the same pattern, isn’t it?

I don't think so, no.

Firstly it was a flu virus in 1919 and we keep being told not to compare it to flu when looking for positive news so it must work both ways.

Secondly and most importantly, it was 100 years ago so the ability to trace and isolate the virus was 100 times harder than it is today.

Remember it took at least 3 months of us doing absolutely nothing for the virus to get to the first peak. Going to pubs, football matches, gigs, borders wide open etc etc... it would take the same for a 2nd wave.

A spike is due? on 09:50 - Jun 14 with 1064 viewsdarthvader

A spike is due? on 09:45 - Jun 14 by Chesham_Saint

Genuine question ..
Could it be that the second wave was what we have been going through ?
And the first wave was a milder form or low in numbers ?

keep the faith coyr

A spike is due? on 10:03 - Jun 14 with 1053 viewsRednWight

A spike is due? on 09:50 - Jun 14 by darthvader

Genuine question ..
Could it be that the second wave was what we have been going through ?
And the first wave was a milder form or low in numbers ?

Let’s bloody hope so

The older I get the better I was
Poll: Cortese. Would we have him back

Login to get fewer ads

A spike is due? on 11:04 - Jun 14 with 1026 viewskingslandstand1

A spike is due? on 09:31 - Jun 14 by Boris_

Genuinely hope you are right Boris, we need at least some hope of normality to a degree at the moment - and I need a fukin holiday!!
A spike is due? on 11:52 - Jun 14 with 1002 viewssaint68

Well we haven't had the predicted VE spike...the Beach spike from nearly 3 weeks ago seems not to have arisen...the next spike if any would be the BLM spike...so if no real evidence by last weekend in June then I think we will be looking at October/November for a possible second wave.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

A spike is due? on 12:19 - Jun 14 with 979 viewsSadoldgit

A spike is due? on 11:52 - Jun 14 by saint68

Well we haven't had the predicted VE spike...the Beach spike from nearly 3 weeks ago seems not to have arisen...the next spike if any would be the BLM spike...so if no real evidence by last weekend in June then I think we will be looking at October/November for a possible second wave.

So you are ignoring the possibility of a facist spike then after yesterday?
A spike is due? on 12:37 - Jun 14 with 978 viewssaint68

A spike is due? on 12:19 - Jun 14 by Sadoldgit

So you are ignoring the possibility of a facist spike then after yesterday?

Oh do grow up you idiot, or aren't there enough deaths currently to get you hard of a morning!!!

It must be excruciating for you, you were like a pig in shìt every day highlighting the death toll like some league table of failure...you sad sad little man.

A spike is due? on 12:51 - Jun 14 with 969 viewsBoris_

A spike is due? on 11:52 - Jun 14 by saint68

How though? If Social Distancing is going to be in place until we have a vaccine then it's almost impossible for there to be a second wave, even allowing for 'covidiots'

A spike is due? on 12:56 - Jun 14 with 964 viewssaint68

A spike is due? on 12:51 - Jun 14 by Boris_

How though? If Social Distancing is going to be in place until we have a vaccine then it's almost impossible for there to be a second wave, even allowing for 'covidiots'

Probably imported by some foreign travelers, the same as last time basically. We will think things are fine and resume normal every day life, then an outbreak will occur in probably London and we will hopefully get to grips with it straightaway...although I do feel as Dirk has intimidated that it might just die out and never return..time will tell..

Interesting that as of yet these mass gatherings at beaches and parks haven't created spikes.

A spike is due? on 13:07 - Jun 14 with 950 viewsSadoldgit

A spike is due? on 12:56 - Jun 14 by saint68

Probably imported by some foreign travelers, the same as last time basically. We will think things are fine and resume normal every day life, then an outbreak will occur in probably London and we will hopefully get to grips with it straightaway...although I do feel as Dirk has intimidated that it might just die out and never return..time will tell..

Interesting that as of yet these mass gatherings at beaches and parks haven't created spikes.

They have been saying for some time that prolonged exposure in confined spaces is more likely to cause a dangerous exposure level and that it is safer outside than in. Once more people are in schools, shopping centres, public transport, offices, there is a great likelihood of the outbreaks increasing again.
A spike is due? on 17:29 - Jun 14 with 889 viewsdirk_doone

I think coronavirus is naturally dying out now. People are certainly out 'enjoying themselves' again, with a vengeance:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-53040827

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

A spike is due? on 17:36 - Jun 14 with 876 viewssaint68

A spike is due? on 17:29 - Jun 14 by dirk_doone

I think coronavirus is naturally dying out now. People are certainly out 'enjoying themselves' again, with a vengeance:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-53040827

Truly horrendous, I understand that they want to party and be free, but when it ends in such horror it really doesn't seem worthwhile...you have to feel for the poor families of these poor young kids that have suffered.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024