Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Henderson Contract 18:32 - Jun 18 with 14876 viewsDaleyBrent

Henderson Contract on 21:07 - Jun 18 with 3629 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Henderson Contract on 19:54 - Jun 18 by fitzochris

Not "badly worded" at all, you clown......worded in such a way as to provoke outrage probably at the Club for being short-sighted and tight.
Henderson Contract on 21:09 - Jun 18 with 3617 viewsboromat

I don't know why but this tweet by Camps gave me hope today that he'd sign.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Henderson Contract on 21:09 - Jun 18 with 3604 viewsscarrow

Henderson Contract on 21:07 - Jun 18 by Yorkshire_Dale

Not "badly worded" at all, you clown......worded in such a way as to provoke outrage probably at the Club for being short-sighted and tight.

Short sighted and tight. What a ridiculous comment.

Poll: Final position

Henderson Contract on 21:12 - Jun 18 with 3571 viewsTVOS1907

Henderson Contract on 21:09 - Jun 18 by scarrow

Short sighted and tight. What a ridiculous comment.

YD was meaning that was Minay/Radio Manc's intention.

I think...

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Henderson Contract on 21:19 - Jun 18 with 3501 viewsscarrow

Henderson Contract on 21:12 - Jun 18 by TVOS1907

I think...

Minay has deliberately stirred this up.

Henderson Contract on 21:22 - Jun 18 with 3476 viewsTVOS1907

Henderson Contract on 21:19 - Jun 18 by scarrow

Yep

Henderson Contract on 21:25 - Jun 18 with 3431 viewsSuddenLad

Henderson Contract on 21:19 - Jun 18 by scarrow

He works for the BBC. That's all you need to know.

At least he acknowledged his very poor effort at reporting a simple story but managing to give entirely the wrong impression.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Henderson Contract on 21:29 - Jun 18 with 3392 viewsrichfoad32

Henderson Contract on 19:57 - Jun 18 by Thacks_Rabbits

Personally I would much sooner have camps on a 3 year deal than hendo, and that’s assuming they want the same money (which I doubt)

I don’t know the exact stats of Hendo’s time here, no doubt he has been fantastic, but like most footballers he is a mercenary. He was released by Colchester and only signed for us because the 2 clubs he was going to join sacked their manager, not because he was sold a dream by KH.

Camps should progress whilst it’s likely Hendo will regress, camps as a number 10 will get 10 - 15 a season, if he takes penalties (like Hendo does) and is a saleable asset. If this is all down to money, which it appears, Hendo can go with everyone’s best wishes and good memories.

Personally I think both camps and Henderson will go, I think we will keep Alby if his demands are sensible and maybe a few of the kids. MJ and MG can go also with Calvin and Josh.

I would have Ellison in a heartbeat still if he is sub a grand a week, proper pro and would be a great example that can still do a job. Basically a white Tony Ford!

Ellison 5/10 years ago maybe, but surely not now? I would hope for signings with slightly more ambition, it would be strange losing Henderson and Alby and yet still ending up older.
Login to get fewer ads

Henderson Contract on 21:33 - Jun 18 with 3341 viewsAtThePeake

Henderson Contract on 21:07 - Jun 18 by 442Dale

Not sure how anyone can be sure what clubs will be able to pay until there’s more certainty around what’s happening going forward.

Henderson surely does? You have to imagine he wouldn't have turned down any sort of genuine contract offer in the current circumstances without assurances from elsewhere that he'll be getting himself a deal.

Tangled up in blue.

Henderson Contract on 21:34 - Jun 18 with 3337 viewsAtThePeake

Henderson Contract on 21:25 - Jun 18 by SuddenLad

At least he acknowledged his very poor effort at reporting a simple story but managing to give entirely the wrong impression.

And he's so sorry about it that he's deleted the tweet... oh wait.

Tangled up in blue.

Henderson Contract on 21:38 - Jun 18 with 3281 viewsTVOS1907

Henderson Contract on 21:29 - Jun 18 by richfoad32

Ellison 5/10 years ago maybe, but surely not now? I would hope for signings with slightly more ambition, it would be strange losing Henderson and Alby and yet still ending up older.

I agree. There are rumours that he's going back to Chester, as well, which would certainly make more sense.

Henderson Contract on 21:39 - Jun 18 with 3277 viewsJames1980

Henderson Contract on 21:25 - Jun 18 by SuddenLad

Tweets like their commentary games are carefully chosen.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Henderson Contract on 21:42 - Jun 18 with 3249 viewsDaleiLama

Henderson Contract on 20:58 - Jun 18 by nordenblue

He doesn't need to move area there's a load of much bigger clubs,capable of paying bugger wages all within a possible commute to train etc from his current home... it won't be Salford

Surely his goal scoring prowess and Herbalife business mean that football is the only game he has to go on?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Henderson Contract on 21:46 - Jun 18 with 3213 viewsTalkingSutty

Henderson Contract on 19:57 - Jun 18 by Thacks_Rabbits

Personally I would much sooner have camps on a 3 year deal than hendo, and that’s assuming they want the same money (which I doubt)

I don’t know the exact stats of Hendo’s time here, no doubt he has been fantastic, but like most footballers he is a mercenary. He was released by Colchester and only signed for us because the 2 clubs he was going to join sacked their manager, not because he was sold a dream by KH.

Camps should progress whilst it’s likely Hendo will regress, camps as a number 10 will get 10 - 15 a season, if he takes penalties (like Hendo does) and is a saleable asset. If this is all down to money, which it appears, Hendo can go with everyone’s best wishes and good memories.

Personally I think both camps and Henderson will go, I think we will keep Alby if his demands are sensible and maybe a few of the kids. MJ and MG can go also with Calvin and Josh.

I would have Ellison in a heartbeat still if he is sub a grand a week, proper pro and would be a great example that can still do a job. Basically a white Tony Ford!

One of the daftest posts I've ever seen on this forum...and there's been plenty of competition. I tried to bite my tongue but it was impossible to do.
Henderson Contract on 22:42 - Jun 18 with 2940 viewsShun

Henderson Contract on 21:46 - Jun 18 by TalkingSutty

One of the daftest posts I've ever seen on this forum...and there's been plenty of competition. I tried to bite my tongue but it was impossible to do.

While I hope we're nowhere near Kevin Ellison, I can easily see Camps scoring 10+ goals a season if played as a proper number 10. He was our best player at the start of this season when played there.
Henderson Contract on 23:10 - Jun 18 with 2844 viewsnordenblue

Henderson Contract on 21:07 - Jun 18 by 442Dale

Not sure how anyone can be sure what clubs will be able to pay until there’s more certainty around what’s happening going forward.

Regardless of when the new season starts, there will be plenty a player already with a firm contract offer waiting for them away from their current club
Henderson Contract on 23:58 - Jun 18 with 2767 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Henderson Contract on 21:12 - Jun 18 by TVOS1907

I think...

I did indeed!
Henderson Contract on 00:06 - Jun 19 with 2747 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Henderson Contract on 21:46 - Jun 18 by TalkingSutty

Which part is daft?

Ellison on say 800 quid a week would offer a lot more than Calvin, Josh, Gilliam etc. Make no mistake we will be cutting wage costs massively next year. If we release all of our out of contract players, we will take around 800k from our wage budget, if you honestly think we will be spending the same next year, we won’t.

Most clubs will be slashing wages, I am not saying Ellison is perfect, but he will do a job, score 7 goals and work his arse off.

The reality is we may well be working on a player budget of 500k less than this season, maybe more!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Henderson Contract on 00:31 - Jun 19 with 2708 viewsoddjob007

Can not believe people the negativity towards Hendo based on a poorly worded tweet, which has since been corrected, from a s*** stirring journalist, without knowing any of the detail.

How do we know he’s not retiring? How do we know the club didn’t offer him the best contract we’ve ever offered anyone, but it wasn’t good enough? How do we know Hendo hasn’t just had enough of fighting relegation season after season and fancies some success in the closing stages of his career!?

To then suggest signing Kevin Ellison to replace him..!? He’d do a job, aye, in the same way Calvin does a job in warming the bench!
[Post edited 19 Jun 2020 0:31]
Henderson Contract on 00:47 - Jun 19 with 2682 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Henderson Contract on 00:31 - Jun 19 by oddjob007

Can not believe people the negativity towards Hendo based on a poorly worded tweet, which has since been corrected, from a s*** stirring journalist, without knowing any of the detail.

How do we know he’s not retiring? How do we know the club didn’t offer him the best contract we’ve ever offered anyone, but it wasn’t good enough? How do we know Hendo hasn’t just had enough of fighting relegation season after season and fancies some success in the closing stages of his career!?

To then suggest signing Kevin Ellison to replace him..!? He’d do a job, aye, in the same way Calvin does a job in warming the bench!
[Post edited 19 Jun 2020 0:31]

Ellison is in no way a replacement, nor have I seen that suggested, certainly not by me who has been the main one mentioning him.

What the journalist says is not influencing anyone, which is why fitz stepped in (I believe) to correct him. What Hendo does is up to him.

Hendo is in our top 10 strikers of the last 20 years, he has been here so long because in reality this is his level.

He is no Holt, Lambert, Alf, Hogan, Murray - they moved on because they were a better standard.

Henderson is very similar to Tony Ellis, a quality lower league striker, but not able to be top level. Tbh those who saw Ellis at Blackpool and Preston at his prime, would say he offered more than Hendo.

I wish him well, but he is not a god

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Henderson Contract on 06:50 - Jun 19 with 2532 viewsaleanddale

Interesting unprecedented times!

Thank you Hendo you have been brilliant.

Mike Minay is a tool of the highest order - lazy and unprofessional.

Deserves all he gets on Twitter picking him up on glaring inaccurate tweets.
Henderson Contract on 07:38 - Jun 19 with 2457 viewsscarrow

Henderson Contract on 23:58 - Jun 18 by Yorkshire_Dale

I did indeed!

Apologies yd

Henderson Contract on 11:00 - Jun 19 with 2065 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Henderson Contract on 07:38 - Jun 19 by scarrow

Apologies yd

Noted...thank you.
Henderson Contract on 11:26 - Jun 19 with 1933 viewssweetcorn

Henderson Contract on 00:47 - Jun 19 by Thacks_Rabbits

Ellison is in no way a replacement, nor have I seen that suggested, certainly not by me who has been the main one mentioning him.

What the journalist says is not influencing anyone, which is why fitz stepped in (I believe) to correct him. What Hendo does is up to him.

Hendo is in our top 10 strikers of the last 20 years, he has been here so long because in reality this is his level.

He is no Holt, Lambert, Alf, Hogan, Murray - they moved on because they were a better standard.

Henderson is very similar to Tony Ellis, a quality lower league striker, but not able to be top level. Tbh those who saw Ellis at Blackpool and Preston at his prime, would say he offered more than Hendo.

I wish him well, but he is not a god

Henderson is in the top 1 of our strikers over the last 20 years. Just because players have gone on to have success on bigger stages doesn't make them a better player for us.

None of the strikers you have mentioned have had as big an impact, for as long a period as Henderson has..

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Henderson Contract on 12:05 - Jun 19 with 1725 viewsaleanddale

Henderson Contract on 11:26 - Jun 19 by sweetcorn

Henderson is in the top 1 of our strikers over the last 20 years. Just because players have gone on to have success on bigger stages doesn't make them a better player for us.

None of the strikers you have mentioned have had as big an impact, for as long a period as Henderson has..

I agree Hendo has been the number 1 striker for many seasons and will be missed.

This is a real test of BBM as a manager now finding the right replacement.

Lets please stop the Ellison Talk... 10 years ago in league 2 would have been fantastic. We need to look to the future and a new look Dale not look backwards.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024