Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Statement from the Chairman 16:03 - Jun 22 with 19452 viewsfitzochris

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/june/chairmanstatement_220620/

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Statement from the Chairman on 17:33 - Jun 22 with 3159 views442Dale

Worth reiterating that if the initial news had contained comments from the manager about the changes to his playing squad, some of this could have been avoided. Would still be good to hear from him now on what the next steps are for himself/ building a squad, and not just on Henderson whose release along with other players actually makes some sense in the current climate.

It’s certainly a case where lessons can be learnt, as again the most important thing is the club.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Statement from the Chairman on 17:47 - Jun 22 with 3073 viewsSaxonDale

Good statement from the club and I'm with Funkk in believing the truth is probably mixed between both statements. Regardless of what happened, work now needs to be done to get everyone back on side. Fans AND players (the majority have showed support to Hendo on social media in one way or another). This is a good first step but I'm not sure if we've heard the last of it unfortunately- Good management needed on all levels.
Statement from the Chairman on 17:49 - Jun 22 with 3066 viewsSuddenLad

A significant and timely statement from the Chairman which clarifies many of the previously grey areas. At least we now know more than we did before and the story is out.

No idea what Hendo was thinking by publishing his 'version of events' but it has only served to leave an unnecessary stain.

He will have his reasons, no doubt, whatever they may be. Perhaps a personal issue. Clearly relations had been strained for some time. It's very sad that his lengthy stay ended in acrimony, but regardless of all that, he will be a legend here for a generation. He earned that title and deserves it.

Well done on finding the Chairman as well.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Statement from the Chairman on 17:58 - Jun 22 with 3008 viewsNigeriamark

Statement from the Chairman on 17:23 - Jun 22 by kel

Yep. It’s embarrassing how grown men (assumption on my part) think it’s acceptable. Knuckle dragging halfwits is me describing them politely.

I don't think the majority of us should get upset over the actions of the knuckle draggers. One downside of social media & the internet is that these idiots & keyboard warriors have far more visibility than before. Every club has them & hopefully it's a tiny number
Statement from the Chairman on 18:52 - Jun 22 with 2786 viewsboromat

Glad the statements come out and it settles things back down again by giving the other perspective.

I'm sure the whole truth is somewhere in between and with the supposed 2 agents involved maybe it was like Chinese whispers at times.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Statement from the Chairman on 18:54 - Jun 22 with 2763 views56years

Statement from the Chairman on 16:20 - Jun 22 by judd

Cracking statement.

Well done the club.

We agree - a first - indeed agree wholeheartedly!
Statement from the Chairman on 20:22 - Jun 22 with 2522 viewspioneer

Still a number of inconsistencies in the two sides of the story.

Hendo says the offer was withdrawn. Normally an offer of employment has a specified date by which time it must be accepted (in writing) or it lapses. There is no ‘withdrawl’ necessary. So did the club take a time limited contract offer off the table or did the offer lapse?

Irrespective of whether Hendo requested communication via e mail, any self respecting organisation would accompany such communication with a physical communication (letter) to cover its rear end. So in this case a couriered letter followed up be an e mail would seem to be more appropriate.

Anyway, even if the clubs version of events (and it is incomplete), is true we should all thank Ian for discovering a way of getting the chairman to engage with the fans (though I suspect the post on the club website was written not by him but by you know who).
Statement from the Chairman on 20:44 - Jun 22 with 2427 views1907

Statement from the Chairman on 20:22 - Jun 22 by pioneer

Still a number of inconsistencies in the two sides of the story.

Hendo says the offer was withdrawn. Normally an offer of employment has a specified date by which time it must be accepted (in writing) or it lapses. There is no ‘withdrawl’ necessary. So did the club take a time limited contract offer off the table or did the offer lapse?

Irrespective of whether Hendo requested communication via e mail, any self respecting organisation would accompany such communication with a physical communication (letter) to cover its rear end. So in this case a couriered letter followed up be an e mail would seem to be more appropriate.

Anyway, even if the clubs version of events (and it is incomplete), is true we should all thank Ian for discovering a way of getting the chairman to engage with the fans (though I suspect the post on the club website was written not by him but by you know who).

The statement does say that BBM rang him though?
Login to get fewer ads

Statement from the Chairman on 20:45 - Jun 22 with 2421 viewsKenBoon

The absolute state of our club. This sort of shit would happen at the former Bury FC or Oldham. One of our greatest players leaves and there’s public bickering. Where is BBM in this? I assumed the decision was made to furlough him (a stupid decision) which left this utter mess because apparently nobody is competent enough to rely decisions. An absolute embarrassment.
Statement from the Chairman on 21:02 - Jun 22 with 2340 viewsD_Alien

Statement from the Chairman on 20:45 - Jun 22 by KenBoon

The absolute state of our club. This sort of shit would happen at the former Bury FC or Oldham. One of our greatest players leaves and there’s public bickering. Where is BBM in this? I assumed the decision was made to furlough him (a stupid decision) which left this utter mess because apparently nobody is competent enough to rely decisions. An absolute embarrassment.

It would appear "this sort of shit" occurred pretty much because one of our greatest players couldn't abide being left without a contract entirely due to his reluctance to sign one when the offer was on the table

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Statement from the Chairman on 21:04 - Jun 22 with 2332 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Statement from the Chairman on 20:45 - Jun 22 by KenBoon

You could argue that one person is responsible for this shitstorm, the one who took to social media in an ill advised rant.

Regardless it does not look good, but the clubs response is well worded and thought out, not a knee jerk angry response.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Statement from the Chairman on 21:12 - Jun 22 with 2292 viewsChaffRAFC

Chairman states, specifically that 19th October was went the talks collapsed and Hendo wanted to explore other options.

19th October was a Saturday.

We played Keith Hill's Bolton Wanderers at the BBC Radio Manchester Stadium.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Statement from the Chairman on 21:22 - Jun 22 with 2244 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Statement from the Chairman on 21:12 - Jun 22 by ChaffRAFC

Chairman states, specifically that 19th October was went the talks collapsed and Hendo wanted to explore other options.

Great spot chaff!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Statement from the Chairman on 21:24 - Jun 22 with 2236 viewsTalkingSutty

Statement from the Chairman on 16:38 - Jun 22 by blackdogblue

Forgot to add..,

When he says fans comments, does he mean our Forum or Twitter?

For those of you who don’t tweet, looking at the replies on the club one, they are pretty much 50/50 & only a few asking for answers including mine 😀

This forum is pretty irrelevant anyway, as much as some think it isn’t...if we can scrape together maybe 30 regular posters ( at a push), it equates to about 1% of the fan base. It’s a bunch of the same old people ,myself included, going around in circles...similar to a lunatic asylum really. The 99% who don’t post are the lucky ones.
Statement from the Chairman on 21:32 - Jun 22 with 2188 views442Dale

This forum, despite its issues which anyone who can see things from both sides of a coin will admit, has proven time and again to be a very valuable resource for individual supporters, the fanbase at large and the club itself.

As individual supporters, a fanbase and a club we should all be big enough to admit it and look to be better when things aren’t great.

Statement from the Chairman on 21:36 - Jun 22 with 2155 viewsKenBoon

Statement from the Chairman on 21:02 - Jun 22 by D_Alien

It would appear "this sort of shit" occurred pretty much because one of our greatest players couldn't abide being left without a contract entirely due to his reluctance to sign one when the offer was on the table

It’s more than this one mess. We’re constantly going from botch to botch. It’s embarrassing. Like I said, this kind of nonsense is more Bury or Oldham.
Statement from the Chairman on 21:40 - Jun 22 with 2127 viewsjudd

Statement from the Chairman on 21:12 - Jun 22 by ChaffRAFC

If ever a line has been fed so fookin tenuous and full of spin this was it.

Hilly didn't have the phone number/ email address of his " best ever signing" ?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Statement from the Chairman on 21:42 - Jun 22 with 2119 viewsD_Alien

Statement from the Chairman on 21:32 - Jun 22 by 442Dale

This forum, despite its issues which anyone who can see things from both sides of a coin will admit, has proven time and again to be a very valuable resource for individual supporters, the fanbase at large and the club itself.

As individual supporters, a fanbase and a club we should all be big enough to admit it and look to be better when things aren’t great.

And that's just in terms of what's happening at Dale

During lockdown, and despite the odd overheated post as the impact of the virus turned the world upside down, there was a real groundswell of empathy on here which even if just a few who found themselves otherwise isolated found some comfort from, was a great advert for who we are

Statement from the Chairman on 21:43 - Jun 22 with 2104 viewsTalkingSutty

Statement from the Chairman on 21:32 - Jun 22 by 442Dale

Some truth in that, but it still doesn’t get away from the fact that probably only 1% of the fanbase choose to comment on it, it’s not representative of the fanbase, especially the younger supporters. A lot of those comment on other social platforms and are generally derided for it, it doesn’t mean their opinions are less worthy than those on the fans forum.
Statement from the Chairman on 21:45 - Jun 22 with 2087 views442Dale

Statement from the Chairman on 21:42 - Jun 22 by D_Alien

And that's just in terms of what's happening at Dale

During lockdown, and despite the odd overheated post as the impact of the virus turned the world upside down, there was a real groundswell of empathy on here which even if just a few who found themselves otherwise isolated found some comfort from, was a great advert for who we are

Indeed. Plus it almost got me interested in politics for ten minutes before realising that the Greens away kit contained no green trim whatsoever.

Statement from the Chairman on 21:45 - Jun 22 with 2083 viewsD_Alien

Statement from the Chairman on 21:36 - Jun 22 by KenBoon

It’s more than this one mess. We’re constantly going from botch to botch. It’s embarrassing. Like I said, this kind of nonsense is more Bury or Oldham.

Weren't you embarrassed about whingeing about having to watch football on tv in an empty stadium?

In the midst of hundreds dying every day, at the time?
[Post edited 22 Jun 2020 21:46]

Statement from the Chairman on 21:51 - Jun 22 with 2041 views442Dale

Statement from the Chairman on 21:43 - Jun 22 by TalkingSutty

Some truth in that, but it still doesn’t get away from the fact that probably only 1% of the fanbase choose to comment on it, it’s not representative of the fanbase, especially the younger supporters. A lot of those comment on other social platforms and are generally derided for it, it doesn’t mean their opinions are less worthy than those on the fans forum.

Nobody is saying their opinions are less worthy or that those on here are more. Any opinion, whichever platform it appears on, when it’s balanced and well thought out is worth listening to and hopefully provide a good representation of all of us.

Statement from the Chairman on 22:33 - Jun 22 with 1904 views100notout

Statement from the Chairman on 21:24 - Jun 22 by TalkingSutty

This forum is pretty irrelevant anyway, as much as some think it isn’t...if we can scrape together maybe 30 regular posters ( at a push), it equates to about 1% of the fan base. It’s a bunch of the same old people ,myself included, going around in circles...similar to a lunatic asylum really. The 99% who don’t post are the lucky ones.

Disagree with that TS - the regular posters may represent just 1% of the fanbase but as recent events the directors and staff read this message board and react accordingly - they acknowledged this at the last fans forum and there have been many examples of threads started on here where there has been action taken by the club

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Statement from the Chairman on 22:41 - Jun 22 with 1865 viewsTalkingSutty

Statement from the Chairman on 21:51 - Jun 22 by 442Dale

Nobody is saying their opinions are less worthy or that those on here are more. Any opinion, whichever platform it appears on, when it’s balanced and well thought out is worth listening to and hopefully provide a good representation of all of us.

It’s a different mindset though, most of the older supporters just want to turn up on a Saturday and are grateful that we have a Club, I’ve spoke to fans who have actually said that we would be better in league two because we would win more games. The young fans are sick to death of that attitude, they want the Club to progress into the Championship but I think us lot actually hold them back, just because we had it sh*t doesn’t mean it’s always got to be that way.

Everything about the Club is doom and gloom, negativity, struggle....we’ve had a brilliant last decade and should now be talking about making history and trying to push on and aiming for promotion again but it’s not even on anybodies radar, it’s like we should expect to regress. The Club needs young blood in the boardroom and it needs the old fans like us lot to change our attitudes, we won’t though. The young fans take the p*ss out of this forum, they think it’s full of old fossils and they are spot on. What ambition do we have for the Club? ...I’m willing to bet the answer will be survival and a team to watch and that’s even before the virus kicked in. Hopefully the younger supporters have more ambition than that,and you can see that when you visit the various social platforms, this forum isn’t the oracle, we just think it is,
[Post edited 22 Jun 2020 22:44]
Statement from the Chairman on 22:56 - Jun 22 with 1813 viewsD_Alien

Statement from the Chairman on 22:41 - Jun 22 by TalkingSutty

It’s a different mindset though, most of the older supporters just want to turn up on a Saturday and are grateful that we have a Club, I’ve spoke to fans who have actually said that we would be better in league two because we would win more games. The young fans are sick to death of that attitude, they want the Club to progress into the Championship but I think us lot actually hold them back, just because we had it sh*t doesn’t mean it’s always got to be that way.

Everything about the Club is doom and gloom, negativity, struggle....we’ve had a brilliant last decade and should now be talking about making history and trying to push on and aiming for promotion again but it’s not even on anybodies radar, it’s like we should expect to regress. The Club needs young blood in the boardroom and it needs the old fans like us lot to change our attitudes, we won’t though. The young fans take the p*ss out of this forum, they think it’s full of old fossils and they are spot on. What ambition do we have for the Club? ...I’m willing to bet the answer will be survival and a team to watch and that’s even before the virus kicked in. Hopefully the younger supporters have more ambition than that,and you can see that when you visit the various social platforms, this forum isn’t the oracle, we just think it is,
[Post edited 22 Jun 2020 22:44]

It's demonstrably an agent for raising issues that the club have had to address, which any amount of invective by younger fans on other platforms simply won't do

What you see as "taking the piss" is in reality an inability to engage with serious issues in a way that more experienced fans are able to do

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024