Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Statement from the Chairman 16:03 - Jun 22 with 19463 viewsfitzochris

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/june/chairmanstatement_220620/

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Statement from the Chairman on 23:01 - Jun 22 with 3374 viewsrochdaleriddler

Statement from the Chairman on 22:41 - Jun 22 by TalkingSutty

It’s a different mindset though, most of the older supporters just want to turn up on a Saturday and are grateful that we have a Club, I’ve spoke to fans who have actually said that we would be better in league two because we would win more games. The young fans are sick to death of that attitude, they want the Club to progress into the Championship but I think us lot actually hold them back, just because we had it sh*t doesn’t mean it’s always got to be that way.

Everything about the Club is doom and gloom, negativity, struggle....we’ve had a brilliant last decade and should now be talking about making history and trying to push on and aiming for promotion again but it’s not even on anybodies radar, it’s like we should expect to regress. The Club needs young blood in the boardroom and it needs the old fans like us lot to change our attitudes, we won’t though. The young fans take the p*ss out of this forum, they think it’s full of old fossils and they are spot on. What ambition do we have for the Club? ...I’m willing to bet the answer will be survival and a team to watch and that’s even before the virus kicked in. Hopefully the younger supporters have more ambition than that,and you can see that when you visit the various social platforms, this forum isn’t the oracle, we just think it is,
[Post edited 22 Jun 2020 22:44]

Well said

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Statement from the Chairman on 23:01 - Jun 22 with 3375 viewsShun

Statement from the Chairman on 21:12 - Jun 22 by ChaffRAFC

Chairman states, specifically that 19th October was went the talks collapsed and Hendo wanted to explore other options.

19th October was a Saturday.

We played Keith Hill's Bolton Wanderers at the BBC Radio Manchester Stadium.

Good spot!

I did wonder why the statement mentioned that date so specifically. The club obviously want us to put two and two together there.
Statement from the Chairman on 23:06 - Jun 22 with 3359 viewsJames1980

It’s a different mindset though, most of the older supporters just want to turn up on a Saturday and are grateful that we have a Club, I’ve spoke to fans who have actually said that we would be better in league two because we would win more games. The young fans are sick to death of that attitude, they want the Club to progress into the Championship but I think us lot actually hold them back, just because we had it sh*t doesn’t mean it’s always got to be that way.

Everything about the Club is doom and gloom, negativity, struggle....we’ve had a brilliant last decade and should now be talking about making history and trying to push on and aiming for promotion again but it’s not even on anybodies radar, it’s like we should expect to regress. The Club needs young blood in the boardroom and it needs the old fans like us lot to change our attitudes, we won’t though. The young fans take the p*ss out of this forum, they think it’s full of old fossils and they are spot on. What ambition do we have for the Club? ...I’m willing to bet the answer will be survival and a team to watch and that’s even before the virus kicked in. Hopefully the younger supporters have more ambition than that,and you can see that when you visit the various social platforms, this forum isn’t the oracle, we just think it is,

So the question is how do the board show ambition with out putting the club at unnecessary risk?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Statement from the Chairman on 23:30 - Jun 22 with 3300 viewsdownunder

Statement from the Chairman on 23:06 - Jun 22 by James1980

So the question is how do the board show ambition with out putting the club at unnecessary risk?

They could bring in 2 new board members with a plan...oh, hang on a minute?
Statement from the Chairman on 23:36 - Jun 22 with 3283 viewsAtThePeake

Statement from the Chairman on 23:06 - Jun 22 by James1980

The perfect question James. It's a balancing act, and it's much easier to call for ambition when the club's financial future doesn't lie in your hands.

Tangled up in blue.

Statement from the Chairman on 00:21 - Jun 23 with 3200 viewsD_Dale

Statement from the Chairman on 21:12 - Jun 22 by ChaffRAFC

Chairman states, specifically that 19th October was went the talks collapsed and Hendo wanted to explore other options.

19th October was a Saturday.

We played Keith Hill's Bolton Wanderers at the BBC Radio Manchester Stadium.

The statement does not say specifically that the talks collapsed on Saturday 19th October, but 'by' 19 October. It could be a rather awkward way of saying that they hit an impasse on the Friday. (The statement has a few oddities, such as BBM 'had verbally spoken to Ian' - how else could he have spoken, by semaphore?)

But there's little point in further dissecting the past when there are huge challenges to meet.
Statement from the Chairman on 06:23 - Jun 23 with 3073 viewsTalkingSutty

Statement from the Chairman on 22:56 - Jun 22 by D_Alien

It's demonstrably an agent for raising issues that the club have had to address, which any amount of invective by younger fans on other platforms simply won't do

What you see as "taking the piss" is in reality an inability to engage with serious issues in a way that more experienced fans are able to do

No it’s not, they invariably see a bunch of fellas arguing like big kids and playing word games etc. When they are not doing that they are wallowing in the past and trying to justify why the Club don’t really belong in L1. We’ve hit the financial jackpot over the last 16 months but you would never know it...and financially we are stronger than most Clubs in L1 and L2, but you would never know it. The young fans are right to question the ambition of the Club, we’ve generated an extra (bonus) £4 million pounds since Hill started his January 2019 fire sale through a combination of player sales and add ons, Cup competitions, FA Cup Television money, prize money. Now I know the Club lose money every season but since the new regime took over the playing budget has been cut and now we’ve just let the most prolific goalscorer in L1 walk away from the Club. The person who wins you those cup ties and keeps you out of the relation zone...financially he’s worth his weight in gold.

If the Club are skint then where has all that money gone, money that wasn’t budgeted for? We should be in a stronger position than most when it eventually comes to recruiting because of the massive financial buffer we acquired and the fact we’ve released our highest earning players. So when fans on other social media are asking what’s happened with the Man United and Newcastle twice cup money and the money from the sale of Magahey, Cannon,Rafferty, Adshead, Matheson, Dawson add on, Live FA Cup TV monies, FA Cup prize money and then questioning why those in the Boardroom are implying that the Club is financially doomed then I’m in full agreement with them...those are questions and discussions that we don’t see on this forum because the mindset is that the Club can’t possibly be anything else but skint,even after generating millions of pounds in player sales and Cup money. We have good and bad years financially and always have had...we’ve never had a better 16 months financially than the last one but reading this forum you would never know it. All that bonus income and those running the Club are still not happy, in fact they are taking out loans with RMBC!
[Post edited 23 Jun 2020 6:55]
Statement from the Chairman on 07:18 - Jun 23 with 3001 viewsD_Alien

Statement from the Chairman on 06:23 - Jun 23 by TalkingSutty

No it’s not, they invariably see a bunch of fellas arguing like big kids and playing word games etc. When they are not doing that they are wallowing in the past and trying to justify why the Club don’t really belong in L1. We’ve hit the financial jackpot over the last 16 months but you would never know it...and financially we are stronger than most Clubs in L1 and L2, but you would never know it. The young fans are right to question the ambition of the Club, we’ve generated an extra (bonus) £4 million pounds since Hill started his January 2019 fire sale through a combination of player sales and add ons, Cup competitions, FA Cup Television money, prize money. Now I know the Club lose money every season but since the new regime took over the playing budget has been cut and now we’ve just let the most prolific goalscorer in L1 walk away from the Club. The person who wins you those cup ties and keeps you out of the relation zone...financially he’s worth his weight in gold.

If the Club are skint then where has all that money gone, money that wasn’t budgeted for? We should be in a stronger position than most when it eventually comes to recruiting because of the massive financial buffer we acquired and the fact we’ve released our highest earning players. So when fans on other social media are asking what’s happened with the Man United and Newcastle twice cup money and the money from the sale of Magahey, Cannon,Rafferty, Adshead, Matheson, Dawson add on, Live FA Cup TV monies, FA Cup prize money and then questioning why those in the Boardroom are implying that the Club is financially doomed then I’m in full agreement with them...those are questions and discussions that we don’t see on this forum because the mindset is that the Club can’t possibly be anything else but skint,even after generating millions of pounds in player sales and Cup money. We have good and bad years financially and always have had...we’ve never had a better 16 months financially than the last one but reading this forum you would never know it. All that bonus income and those running the Club are still not happy, in fact they are taking out loans with RMBC!

And as i posted yesterday evening, the club still have questions to answer. Any youngsters will read your post and... oh...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Statement from the Chairman on 07:51 - Jun 23 with 2968 viewsTalkingSutty

Statement from the Chairman on 07:18 - Jun 23 by D_Alien

And as i posted yesterday evening, the club still have questions to answer. Any youngsters will read your post and... oh...

The Club will already have the answers to the questions and the uncertainty of this virus will be a convenient place to park the bus...the financial peril of the Club was highlighted before COVID though. I know we are laying a new pitch and have debts from last year to cover bit I find it impossible to believe the Club are skint and reliant on investors taking over the Club..because that's what they will want to do if they are sinking big money into it.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2020 7:52]
Statement from the Chairman on 09:17 - Jun 23 with 2823 viewsDaleyBrent

This is a really good post and a frustration I’ve felt for too long. As a young supporter myself I’ve been frustrated for far too long at our collective lack of ambition.

If we can’t dream as supporters then what are we in it for? Our success at being in League 1 for the last 6 years is really quite significant, and something we should be striving to build on.

As a ‘young’ supporter, I’ve recently offered my support to the Dale Trust as a way of stepping up and trying to make some form of positive impact On our club moving forward. I really think this is something more of us should be doing as oppose to us all sitting behind this fans forum and typing words which lead to no actions (something I’ve been criminal to for far too long).

We’ve got an incredible opportunity at this club:

- A town with a population of 200,000. There’s more fans out there, we just have to get them.
- We own our own stadium. Time to be creative with our commercial operations, and make the most of that luxury to maximise income;
- A thriving youth academy;
- Talented young manager;

We really do have something to build on at this football club despite what people may think. Tim for us all to step up and make an impact.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2020 11:51]
Statement from the Chairman on 09:24 - Jun 23 with 2793 views442Dale

Statement from the Chairman on 09:17 - Jun 23 by DaleyBrent

This is a really good post and a frustration I’ve felt for too long. As a young supporter myself I’ve been frustrated for far too long at our collective lack of ambition.

If we can’t dream as supporters then what are we in it for? Our success at being in League 1 for the last 6 years is really quite significant, and something we should be striving to build on.

As a ‘young’ supporter, I’ve recently offered my support to the Dale Trust as a way of stepping up and trying to make some form of positive impact On our club moving forward. I really think this is something more of us should be doing as oppose to us all sitting behind this fans forum and typing words which lead to no actions (something I’ve been criminal to for far too long).

We’ve got an incredible opportunity at this club:

- A town with a population of 200,000. There’s more fans out there, we just have to get them.
- We own our own stadium. Time to be creative with our commercial operations, and make the most of that luxury to maximise income;
- A thriving youth academy;
- Talented young manager;

We really do have something to build on at this football club despite what people may think. Tim for us all to step up and make an impact.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2020 11:51]

Some really good points and credit to you for volunteering with the Trust. You’re spot on about remembering that sometimes debating on here/other platforms/ in the pub whilst obviously interesting, sometimes doesn’t push the club forward in terms of getting those debates and issues recognised and actioned by those at Spotland. It’s about actually making efforts to ensure they are.

Good luck!

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Statement from the Chairman on 09:34 - Jun 23 with 2758 viewskel

I’d like to echo what 442 said and wish you the very best of luck. I really enjoyed making a contribution to the trust when I was involved and hopefully you will too. Try to ignore the ‘empty vessels’ who will criticise but do absolutely nothing themselves other than repeat the same points over and over and over and over.

The trust committee are a great bunch of people and will be very grateful you’ve offered your services. I’m certain of that.
Statement from the Chairman on 12:16 - Jun 23 with 2536 viewsjonahwhereru

What an interesting thread this has morphed into.
I am 58 so fit nicely in the category of contributor TS is referring to. I have given the previous comments some thought and have realised I have become conditioned into expecting little of and from the club. It started when my Dad used to share his fears about the club not surviving the re-election process. Then through the long days of mediocrity. Even after 7 years in league 1 the survival instinct is still strong. But why should it be, 7 years in the 3 tier I should be looking above not below. So I have resolved to be more positive in my outlook, asking for the team to start challenging for the play offs and put even a little expectation on their shoulders.
So that is what I resolve to do moving forward. It may be scary and I may need support of other positive posters from time to time, but I want to give it a try.

I feel better already.
Statement from the Chairman on 13:32 - Jun 23 with 2339 viewsrochdaleriddler

Statement from the Chairman on 12:16 - Jun 23 by jonahwhereru

I am 58 so fit nicely in the category of contributor TS is referring to. I have given the previous comments some thought and have realised I have become conditioned into expecting little of and from the club. It started when my Dad used to share his fears about the club not surviving the re-election process. Then through the long days of mediocrity. Even after 7 years in league 1 the survival instinct is still strong. But why should it be, 7 years in the 3 tier I should be looking above not below. So I have resolved to be more positive in my outlook, asking for the team to start challenging for the play offs and put even a little expectation on their shoulders.
So that is what I resolve to do moving forward. It may be scary and I may need support of other positive posters from time to time, but I want to give it a try.

I feel better already.

I’m 60 this year, and have followed the Dale since around 1971, it’s always been a diet of doom and gloom, more recently the clouds lifted and there was joy to be had in attending games. The last couple of years have seen the gloom descend once more, and the happy to survive mantra is being wheeled out again. I want to see us playing with belief, I want to see us competing at the highest level possible, we have had some significant additional income over the years, and I think there should be sensible investment in the first team squad to ensure we not only survive, but thrive in this league. There will be teams in a lot worse financial shape than us

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Statement from the Chairman on 13:37 - Jun 23 with 2327 viewsaleanddale

A welcome statement from the chairman.

Firstly Hendo is a Rochdale legend. I hope he is always welcomed back with open arms.

As a player he has been mustard for many many seasons and as a player i loved that man and what he could do on a football field. Without doubt he could have played at any other club in our division and been a star. He was OUR star man and talisman i do wish he would have broken Regs all time goal scoring record. Thanks Hendo for some amazing memories and goals!.

Then there is Hendo the bloke... I have met him 3 times in total and found him to be a bit... well the best word i can think of is southern! Quite difficult and awkward and a sense of superiority ( hard to explain ). He was not a joy to speak too.... and would i have a pint with him? probably not.

I can easily see how talks have broken down ending in a really sad end to Hendo's time with us.

Both sides if they looked at themselves hard enough would probably admit they could have done more during the negotiation.

Dale just cannot have the tail wagging the dog no matter the size of the tail.
Statement from the Chairman on 13:52 - Jun 23 with 2295 viewsjonahwhereru

Statement from the Chairman on 13:37 - Jun 23 by aleanddale

A welcome statement from the chairman.

Firstly Hendo is a Rochdale legend. I hope he is always welcomed back with open arms.

As a player he has been mustard for many many seasons and as a player i loved that man and what he could do on a football field. Without doubt he could have played at any other club in our division and been a star. He was OUR star man and talisman i do wish he would have broken Regs all time goal scoring record. Thanks Hendo for some amazing memories and goals!.

Then there is Hendo the bloke... I have met him 3 times in total and found him to be a bit... well the best word i can think of is southern! Quite difficult and awkward and a sense of superiority ( hard to explain ). He was not a joy to speak too.... and would i have a pint with him? probably not.

I can easily see how talks have broken down ending in a really sad end to Hendo's time with us.

Both sides if they looked at themselves hard enough would probably admit they could have done more during the negotiation.

Dale just cannot have the tail wagging the dog no matter the size of the tail.

“A bit southern”. In Southend we consider Bury St Edmunds to be the Midlands.

Mine I went to a Southen v Brighton game once and loved the irony of the Brighton fans singing “ you dirty northern b-starts”
Statement from the Chairman on 14:16 - Jun 23 with 2246 viewsDaleyBrent

Statement from the Chairman on 12:16 - Jun 23 by jonahwhereru

I feel better already.

Amazing! What an honest and insightful post that is.

I love the fact that we still all have that survival instinct you talk about, and for you to admit you think you have a little more of this because of your age it’s so refreshing to hear.We will always remember the past, but don’t dwell on it and let us sink back to that. Let’s take what we have And try and catapult this club into modern times. Over the last 10 or so years we’ve managed collectively to morph this club into a League 1 team, now let’s take on this new phase and embrace it.

We’ve got it bloody good and often it’s so difficult to see through to that.

Really interesting debate to be had here about what our ambitions for the football club are moving forward. Anyone care to respond to this stating what they’d like to see 5 years from now? How can we as supported contribute to that? What ya to hanged for those dreams to become reality?
Statement from the Chairman on 15:10 - Jun 23 with 2147 viewsShun

Statement from the Chairman on 06:23 - Jun 23 by TalkingSutty

I’m not sure what you’re getting at, TS, or where this tirade against this forum is coming from. I agree with the majority of what you’re saying - I do think the people running the club lack ambition and we could well benefit from some younger blood, but what that has to do with this forum I’m not sure.

You say this place is mocked for being full of old men arguing amongst each other. There is far more arguing on the Facebook pages. Far more. I don’t think this lack of ambition among the fans is a uniquely ‘old man’ attitude either - if you scroll through Twitter or Fb there are plenty of younger fans defending the club’s more reserved strategies when it comes to finances.

This forum has been made use of by the club countless times and proved itself to be a good resource in club matters and social ones too. I’ve said it before but you’ll be hard-pressed to find a more accurate microcosm of the Dale fanbase than this board with the age ranges presented here.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2020 18:28]
Statement from the Chairman on 15:12 - Jun 23 with 2139 viewsTalkingSutty

Statement from the Chairman on 09:34 - Jun 23 by kel

I’d like to echo what 442 said and wish you the very best of luck. I really enjoyed making a contribution to the trust when I was involved and hopefully you will too. Try to ignore the ‘empty vessels’ who will criticise but do absolutely nothing themselves other than repeat the same points over and over and over and over.

The trust committee are a great bunch of people and will be very grateful you’ve offered your services. I’m certain of that.

It's nothing personal with any members of the Trust, there are a few things that I don't agree with and that's why I haven't joined. The make up of the Committee in the past and present is one,
we touched on that earlier in the thread. The fact that the Committee can donate or spend Trust funds up to 2k, or it might even be 3k, without consulting their members is another.The fact sums of money are distributed around the borough to local charities is another, I want my money to go to the football club. So it isn't a personal thing, it's just a few things that I don't agree with that's all. Why do 80% of supporters choose not to join, they must also have their reasons?
Statement from the Chairman on 15:47 - Jun 23 with 2038 viewskel

Statement from the Chairman on 15:12 - Jun 23 by TalkingSutty

It's nothing personal with any members of the Trust, there are a few things that I don't agree with and that's why I haven't joined. The make up of the Committee in the past and present is one,
we touched on that earlier in the thread. The fact that the Committee can donate or spend Trust funds up to 2k, or it might even be 3k, without consulting their members is another.The fact sums of money are distributed around the borough to local charities is another, I want my money to go to the football club. So it isn't a personal thing, it's just a few things that I don't agree with that's all. Why do 80% of supporters choose not to join, they must also have their reasons?

Behave. Don’t claim it’s nothing personal when you’ve had numerous digs at the trust chairman on here. Maybe I’m blinkered because he’s a good mate but even so, you can’t deny it.You also constantly like to refer to the supposed ‘Cem clique’ which if it exists then obviously also seems to contain the trust chairman. I, and others, have noted you completely swerved my post from the other day about joining the trust board yourself. Why is that?.

Which former trust committee members from the past were ‘touched upon’ as I’ve not seen that post? I know I’m no angel and have been a right bellend in the past on here under other usernames but I’ll hold my hands up when I’m in the wrong.

It’s not really my concern why people don’t join the trust but you seem to have an unhealthy obsession with it. You might think you’re the voice of the fans but you certainly don’t represent me even though I agree with some points you make.

It’s been pointed out to you before that in person you’re a decent bloke but behind a keyboard you’re an absolute arse at times. And yes, I know I’m an arse too.
Statement from the Chairman on 16:40 - Jun 23 with 1957 views442Dale

On the Trust, and as a former committee member too, my criticisms and desire for improvement were much the same when involved directly and now as a member. Will take a share of the responsibility that trying to create effective methods of communication and follow up in the past fell short, something those involved then and since will also admit needed improving. Is it perfect now? Not at all, but it’s getting much better, though admittedly we all have an opinion of the quality of the responses to fans - that’s life.

Can only comment as a current member that when collating questions/asking for follow up/offered constructive criticism those have all been taken on board by the Trust, even if a subject has not always been resolved in its entirety.

Am I the Trust’s biggest fan? Not at all, they should always look to be better and would hopefully say as much. But as a resource they are vital at a club like ours, whoever is involved. To effect change and improvement at the club we need to have a say, the Trust have that. To effect change and improvement in the Trust we need to have a say, their members have that.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Statement from the Chairman on 17:36 - Jun 23 with 1819 viewskel

Thank you, 442, you always put it better than I can. The thing that annoys me and always will is personal jibes at people involved with the trust and I’ve seen it both on here and on Facebook. If the people criticising could take a moment to appreciate the sacrifices the trust board make with their personal time then maybe they wouldn’t be as critical.

I don’t agree with many things they do either but if I have an issue I’ll tell them directly. In fact I’m just about to contact them regarding a shocking typo I’ve just seen on their latest email
Statement from the Chairman on 19:58 - Jun 23 with 1691 viewsTalkingSutty

Statement from the Chairman on 15:47 - Jun 23 by kel

Behave. Don’t claim it’s nothing personal when you’ve had numerous digs at the trust chairman on here. Maybe I’m blinkered because he’s a good mate but even so, you can’t deny it.You also constantly like to refer to the supposed ‘Cem clique’ which if it exists then obviously also seems to contain the trust chairman. I, and others, have noted you completely swerved my post from the other day about joining the trust board yourself. Why is that?.

Which former trust committee members from the past were ‘touched upon’ as I’ve not seen that post? I know I’m no angel and have been a right bellend in the past on here under other usernames but I’ll hold my hands up when I’m in the wrong.

It’s not really my concern why people don’t join the trust but you seem to have an unhealthy obsession with it. You might think you’re the voice of the fans but you certainly don’t represent me even though I agree with some points you make.

It’s been pointed out to you before that in person you’re a decent bloke but behind a keyboard you’re an absolute arse at times. And yes, I know I’m an arse too.

At least you admit you’re a bell end, without acceptance you can never improve. I don’t dislike anybody on the Trust, everything I post on the forum I say to them face to face in the Dale bar before games...grown adults having a difference of opinion. If I wanted to be the voice of the fans I would curry favour with others on the forum instead of just speaking from the heart, that’s all I do.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2020 7:17]
Statement from the Chairman on 21:18 - Jun 23 with 1567 viewskel

Statement from the Chairman on 19:58 - Jun 23 by TalkingSutty

At least you admit you’re a bell end, without acceptance you can never improve. I don’t dislike anybody on the Trust, everything I post on the forum I say to them face to face in the Dale bar before games...grown adults having a difference of opinion. If I wanted to be the voice of the fans I would curry favour with others on the forum instead of just speaking from the heart, that’s all I do.

A rather sweet attempt to patronise me which I’m touched by.

Now, how about addressing the other points I’ve raised or are they are a bit tricky?

Edit - I’ve been helpful and decided to repost them for your response. Please see below.

1 - “I, and others, have noted you completely swerved my post from the other day about joining the trust board yourself. Why is that?.“

2- “Which former trust committee members from the past were ‘touched upon’ as I’ve not seen that post?”

Cheers.

[Post edited 23 Jun 2020 21:23]
Statement from the Chairman on 21:27 - Jun 23 with 1528 viewsdawlishdale

Statement from the Chairman on 19:58 - Jun 23 by TalkingSutty

I strongly recommend that you volunteer to help the Trust TS. A couple of years of unpaid work with little or absolutely no thanks in return would perhaps help both club & Trust.
It would be fantastic to have someone else attend meetings with the CEO in order to pose the more difficult questions that can sometimes be overlooked. And, as you say, you don't dislike anyone on the Trust Board.

How about it eh?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024