Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coronavirus having a very good day 16:00 - Jun 25 with 2504 viewsSaintsforeverj

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-53176717

Who in their right mind would go to the beach when Saints are live on TV?
[Post edited 25 Jun 2020 16:06]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Coronavirus having a very good day on 14:51 - Jun 26 with 781 viewsJaySaint

Coronavirus having a very good day on 14:48 - Jun 26 by DorsetIan

The govt clearly has a difficult job, there are many variables, there are many different people making decisions. Noone is saying it's easy.

My only question is did the govt send out a strong message about adhering to the rules in the way it handled the Cummings situation? And to me, when considering all the possible responses it could have made, it's response and the message it send out was weak, and it allowed the concept of 'common sense' and discretion to creep into what had previously been quite clear messaging.

It's open to anyone to think that public health messaging is not important and that the need for simplicity and clarity in that messaging is not important. But listen to public health experts and they will tell you the exact opposite.

It's just one element. The fact that there are many idiots about is another. But Johnson's weak messaging around Cummings will have had some effect. He gave the tacit OK to the crazy free for all that we are now seeing.

When you say weak, you mean you didnt agree with the final decision.

it was strong leadership. You just happen to disagree with the direction of that leadership

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Coronavirus having a very good day on 14:55 - Jun 26 with 776 viewsDorsetIan

Coronavirus having a very good day on 14:51 - Jun 26 by JaySaint

When you say weak, you mean you didnt agree with the final decision.

it was strong leadership. You just happen to disagree with the direction of that leadership

Weak PUBLIC HEALTH MESSAGING...as if it needed explaining.

Do you make any attempt to understand anything, or do you just say whatever pops into your head??

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Coronavirus having a very good day on 14:57 - Jun 26 with 773 viewsJaySaint

Coronavirus having a very good day on 14:55 - Jun 26 by DorsetIan

Do you make any attempt to understand anything, or do you just say whatever pops into your head??

what was weak?

Coronavirus having a very good day on 14:59 - Jun 26 with 770 viewsDorsetIan

Coronavirus having a very good day on 14:57 - Jun 26 by JaySaint

what was weak?

Ask someone else. It's not my job to fill in the gaps in your education.

Coronavirus having a very good day on 15:01 - Jun 26 with 759 viewsBoris_

Coronavirus having a very good day on 14:55 - Jun 26 by DorsetIan

No it wasn't.

YOU are the weak one, as you need your hand held and arse wiped by Boris as you're unable to make life decisions without his guidance.

Poll: Claude Puel

Coronavirus having a very good day on 15:02 - Jun 26 with 757 viewsJaySaint

Coronavirus having a very good day on 14:59 - Jun 26 by DorsetIan

Ask someone else. It's not my job to fill in the gaps in your education.

I sense the problem is with you, not the message

Coronavirus having a very good day on 15:04 - Jun 26 with 752 viewssaint68

Coronavirus having a very good day on 14:23 - Jun 26 by Boris_

Spot on.

The 'rules' have always been about using common sense with the ability to interpret them slightly ( as Cummings did ) .

It is those with a political agenda or the lazy and workshy that just play dumb, sit on their hands and expect every last detail to be spoonfed to them.

Then you have Liverpool fans crying and demanding an enquiry as to why the Athletico game went ahead, yet gathered in their thousands last night when they won the league.

One week the left are shouting and screaming about Cummings, the next they are travelling from all over the UK and using public transport to gather in their thousands for BLM marches.

They hypocrisy from those who are still licking their wounds from losing Brexit and the Election is clear to see.

Well said that man.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Coronavirus having a very good day on 15:05 - Jun 26 with 750 viewsDorsetIan

Coronavirus having a very good day on 14:23 - Jun 26 by Boris_

Spot on.

The 'rules' have always been about using common sense with the ability to interpret them slightly ( as Cummings did ) .

It is those with a political agenda or the lazy and workshy that just play dumb, sit on their hands and expect every last detail to be spoonfed to them.

Then you have Liverpool fans crying and demanding an enquiry as to why the Athletico game went ahead, yet gathered in their thousands last night when they won the league.

One week the left are shouting and screaming about Cummings, the next they are travelling from all over the UK and using public transport to gather in their thousands for BLM marches.

They hypocrisy from those who are still licking their wounds from losing Brexit and the Election is clear to see.

You're wrong about the 'common sense' message always being there. It came it because it was needed retrospectively to sanction what Cummings did. Before that the messaging was much more dogmatic (as any public health message should be).

Login to get fewer ads

Coronavirus having a very good day on 15:14 - Jun 26 with 741 viewsDorsetIan

Coronavirus having a very good day on 15:02 - Jun 26 by JaySaint

I sense the problem is with you, not the message

Well it's difficult for you to tell given that you clearly haven't got the faintest idea what I'm talking about.

Coronavirus having a very good day on 15:21 - Jun 26 with 736 viewsDorsetIan

Coronavirus having a very good day on 15:01 - Jun 26 by Boris_

No it wasn't.

YOU are the weak one, as you need your hand held and arse wiped by Boris as you're unable to make life decisions without his guidance.

Mate, that was all you needed to say. You don't think the public messaging was weak. I think it obviously was.

But we can agree to disagree on that, without all your usual cry baby antics.

Coronavirus having a very good day on 15:45 - Jun 26 with 716 viewscocklebreath

Coronavirus having a very good day on 14:16 - Jun 26 by Chesham_Saint

I have quite a complicated life (family and work wise) and the rules have been pretty clear to me so far.

This Government (Indeed, any government) is dealing with an evolving and unknown situation and finding its way forward. They want to trust us, but there are clearly a lot of people who seem to lack common sense. The Gov can’t specify or control what we have to do in every single situation, can they?

People are behaving like it’s some kind of movie. One moment clapping for all they’re worth in support of “our” NHS and the next off they go protesting or laying on a beach.

The Great British Public? Yeah, right.

Sanctimonious. Not all beaches were rammed, I managed to find one that was quiet, I’m not sure anyone said you can’t go to the beach

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Coronavirus having a very good day on 15:47 - Jun 26 with 714 viewsBoris_

Coronavirus having a very good day on 15:45 - Jun 26 by cocklebreath

Sanctimonious. Not all beaches were rammed, I managed to find one that was quiet, I’m not sure anyone said you can’t go to the beach

Working from home and home schooling the kids eh? Whilst at the beach?

Poll: Claude Puel

Coronavirus having a very good day on 15:54 - Jun 26 with 708 viewscocklebreath

Coronavirus having a very good day on 15:47 - Jun 26 by Boris_

Working from home and home schooling the kids eh? Whilst at the beach?

I’ve had to cancel my summer holiday so I think I’m okay to take a day off when the weathers so good to treat the kids.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Coronavirus having a very good day on 16:01 - Jun 26 with 706 viewsSaintsforeverj

One thing that the government has been, is maybe a little too trusting of the British public and not realising how stupid some of them are.

When the Government set out the need to be one metre apart and be careful, Boris also warning that he wouldn't hesitate to slam on the breaks, to me that meant don't crowd on a beach, in a garden, in a forest or go to huge parties.

Oh well, if some people think it's ok to spend the day at the beach with thousands and thousands of people or hundreds of people having a street party, what can you say- just have to close all the beaches won't they.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2020 16:03]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Coronavirus having a very good day on 17:17 - Jun 26 with 674 viewskingolaf

DorsetIan,

Did the Labour Party’s failure to deal with the lockdown transgressions of its MP’s give the public the green light to do whatever they wanted?
Coronavirus having a very good day on 17:24 - Jun 26 with 664 viewsWaylander

Coronavirus having a very good day on 16:01 - Jun 26 by Saintsforeverj

One thing that the government has been, is maybe a little too trusting of the British public and not realising how stupid some of them are.

When the Government set out the need to be one metre apart and be careful, Boris also warning that he wouldn't hesitate to slam on the breaks, to me that meant don't crowd on a beach, in a garden, in a forest or go to huge parties.

Oh well, if some people think it's ok to spend the day at the beach with thousands and thousands of people or hundreds of people having a street party, what can you say- just have to close all the beaches won't they.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2020 16:03]

Tens of thousands of people turned out for the BLM protests 2/3 weeks ago (i.e. well beyond the incubation period) and there has been no increase in posiitve tests. Outdoor transmission is not a significant problem.
Coronavirus having a very good day on 17:59 - Jun 26 with 644 viewsDorsetIan

Coronavirus having a very good day on 17:17 - Jun 26 by kingolaf

DorsetIan,

Did the Labour Party’s failure to deal with the lockdown transgressions of its MP’s give the public the green light to do whatever they wanted?

I said at the time that Barry Gardiner was stupid to have joined the BLM protests.

However, the Labour Party are not the part of government charged with responsibility of guiding the country through this pandemic and neither were any of those Labour people responsible for drafting the lockdown messages like Cummings was, and neither did any of those breaches by Labour people generate anywhere near the publicity that Cummings did.

The PM could have used the Cummings situation to issue a very clear 'red light' that people have to stick to the rules - 'zero tolerance'. He chose not to. He chose to allow discretion and personal 'common sense' choice into the mix. It's not rocket science to know that letting people make their own minds up about public health issues, is going to lead to a vast range of different behaviours.

I remember watching the Care Minister squirming on Question Time because Fiona Bruce asked her a very simple question about whether people should stay at home in a particular situation. Pre-Cummings she would just said 'yes, they must', as it was she just waffled about following the guidelines.

Coronavirus having a very good day on 18:54 - Jun 26 with 625 viewsChesham_Saint

Coronavirus having a very good day on 14:48 - Jun 26 by DorsetIan

The govt clearly has a difficult job, there are many variables, there are many different people making decisions. Noone is saying it's easy.

My only question is did the govt send out a strong message about adhering to the rules in the way it handled the Cummings situation? And to me, when considering all the possible responses it could have made, it's response and the message it send out was weak, and it allowed the concept of 'common sense' and discretion to creep into what had previously been quite clear messaging.

It's open to anyone to think that public health messaging is not important and that the need for simplicity and clarity in that messaging is not important. But listen to public health experts and they will tell you the exact opposite.

It's just one element. The fact that there are many idiots about is another. But Johnson's weak messaging around Cummings will have had some effect. He gave the tacit OK to the crazy free for all that we are now seeing.

There’s not much doubt Cummings is a prat of the highest order. Boris obviously took the view that it was worth the collateral damage. Similar in a way, to Sir Keir sacking Wrong-Daily...Er, but in reverse.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Coronavirus having a very good day on 15:29 - Jun 28 with 524 viewskingolaf

Coronavirus having a very good day on 17:59 - Jun 26 by DorsetIan

I said at the time that Barry Gardiner was stupid to have joined the BLM protests.

However, the Labour Party are not the part of government charged with responsibility of guiding the country through this pandemic and neither were any of those Labour people responsible for drafting the lockdown messages like Cummings was, and neither did any of those breaches by Labour people generate anywhere near the publicity that Cummings did.

The PM could have used the Cummings situation to issue a very clear 'red light' that people have to stick to the rules - 'zero tolerance'. He chose not to. He chose to allow discretion and personal 'common sense' choice into the mix. It's not rocket science to know that letting people make their own minds up about public health issues, is going to lead to a vast range of different behaviours.

I remember watching the Care Minister squirming on Question Time because Fiona Bruce asked her a very simple question about whether people should stay at home in a particular situation. Pre-Cummings she would just said 'yes, they must', as it was she just waffled about following the guidelines.

What about Stephen Kinnock?

Starmer said he would sack Cummings. Fair enough, but there was no punishment from him with his own MP’s breaking the rules.

Good that he’s purging the left in the Party though with the sacking of Long-Bailey.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024