Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer window 08:15 - Jul 27 with 749 viewsPatfromPoole

Opens today.

Don’t think we need a huge amount incoming, though we are short of depth in the squad.

Looks like Salisu is sorted. If we could get Walker-Peters in, I think another CB and a replacement for Hjogjberg would be priorities.

As ever, a challenge to keep Hoedt, Carillo etc off the wage bill though.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Transfer window on 08:31 - Jul 27 with 713 viewsTripleNiemi

I think a good transfer window would be to get (properly) shot of a couple of massive earners for good and maybe as you say bring in KWP and possibly a replacement for PEH and / or a centre half. Just imagine (realistically) where we could be not having to rely on Vestergaard and Stevens. The main one for me though was the club securing Ralphs services for longer.

I am a realist and appreciate the effects of the pandemic that is likely to mean for clubs like us there might be minimal activity so it could be a quiet summer.

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Transfer window on 15:40 - Jul 27 with 602 viewsSaintNick

Spot on, I would get KWP and Salisu and then get an experienced central defender with premier League experience to start to organise us in the short term.

I think that we could effectively replace Hojbjerg with Romeu by offering the Spaniard a contract extension, we are not short in midfield and with Smallbone coming through keep Romeu and i feel we are fine.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Transfer window on 15:46 - Jul 27 with 593 viewsJaySaint

I feel we would definitely need a strong CM brought in.

we can't go through a season, expected JwP and Rom to stay fit, remain available (Rom is good for a suspension) and remain on form

agree with the KwP, he must sign. And this CB looks exciting....

if we can get in

KwP
Salisu
and a starting quality CM and keep our attacking player (minus Boufal), i think that would be decent

ship Hojberg and Vestergaard

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Transfer window on 16:16 - Jul 27 with 551 viewsTimSaint

Transfer window on 15:46 - Jul 27 by JaySaint

I feel we would definitely need a strong CM brought in.

we can't go through a season, expected JwP and Rom to stay fit, remain available (Rom is good for a suspension) and remain on form

agree with the KwP, he must sign. And this CB looks exciting....

if we can get in

KwP
Salisu
and a starting quality CM and keep our attacking player (minus Boufal), i think that would be decent

ship Hojberg and Vestergaard

Don't forget we have lost Yoshi and should lose Hoedt, so shipping Vest would leave us with just Stephens and Bed - plus Salisu if the deal goes through. We would definitely need 1 more CB, unless we have a decent youngster, or don't mind playing Bert / Rom there occasionally.

CM required if PEH goes - which looks very likely after his omission yesterday.

TimSaint

Transfer window on 16:25 - Jul 27 with 533 viewsKennington

A CB if Salisu isn’t a certain upgrade on Stephens/Bed, a defensive midfielder, Walker-Peters on a decent length deal and maybe a creative attacking option to replace Boufal who has surely had enough chances. I worry Armstrong is in the form of his life and might not repeat it next season. But right now there are many things to be positive with saints and Ralph.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Transfer window on 16:34 - Jul 27 with 517 viewsJaySaint

I have read elsewhere that we don't really need to strengthen, which is insane.

before the lockdown, we looked very leggy, tired after a brilliant run around xmas/new year.
lockdown did us a huge favour and made it a 9 game season.

to suggest we could continue that form for 30+ games, is nuts, unless we bring in starting quality players

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024