Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lallana Signed For Brighton 21:05 - Jul 27 with 2518 viewsSaintNick

Just been confirmed. I hve to admit part of me wishes it was Saints, but I think we have plenty of attacking options and he will suit Brighton who lack that spark he can give them, but will he be too much of a luxury

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Lallana Signed For Brighton on 16:28 - Jul 29 with 310 viewsKennington

Didn’t Lallana angle for a move a few times before he actually left. I’m sure there was at least once he said he wanted to move. What grated was the signing of that Liverpool shirt while still apparently a saints player and his leaving at a very difficult time for us. There was zero effort to spin the transfer by saints or Lallana, and when Lallana tried with his full page spread in the Echo it made things worse. As it turned out things worked out well for him and saints but he lacked class and I doubt he’ll ever get invited back in years to come in the way Lambert and even Yoshida will. That’s a shame for him but I’m sure he’ll cope.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Lallana Signed For Brighton on 17:10 - Jul 29 with 274 viewsChesham_Saint

Lallana Signed For Brighton on 09:10 - Jul 28 by SaintNick

Kissing the badge means nothing, but let's say it does, that doesn't mean he doesn't love the club, he had paid his dues given us good service for 7 years, but he was offered a big deal, triple your salary and play for a team that was in with a chance of winning the League etc.

Ironically with the money for Lallana we bought Mane, who followed the same route two years later, he gets little stick, but Lallana a man who as pointed out stayed loyal get dogs abuse.

Mane. Now there's an interesting case. He always looked miserable as fvck when he was with us (even when he scored his record breaking hat trick). He clearly had no emotional attachment to Saints and to be fair, didn't profess to. An excellent player (at times with us) but when push comes to shove, just another mercenary whore.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Lallana Signed For Brighton on 17:18 - Jul 29 with 267 viewsSaintsforeverj

Lallana Signed For Brighton on 17:10 - Jul 29 by Chesham_Saint

Mane. Now there's an interesting case. He always looked miserable as fvck when he was with us (even when he scored his record breaking hat trick). He clearly had no emotional attachment to Saints and to be fair, didn't profess to. An excellent player (at times with us) but when push comes to shove, just another mercenary whore.

Mane is another one who doesn't have any connection to Saints. I don't care for him much, but I wouldn't expect anything else from a mercenary, who didn't care about our club. I'm less bothered by him. He came, he went. But players like Lallana, Ward-Prowse, Yoshida, I expect a bit of respect to be shown to the fans who have supported them for years at clubs who have given a lot to them too, over many years. Lallana, should have shown more respect. The same respect examplified by Ward-Prowse, Le Tiss, RL, Yoshida and no doubt many others.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2020 17:19]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Lallana Signed For Brighton on 17:19 - Jul 29 with 263 viewsChesham_Saint

Lallana Signed For Brighton on 16:28 - Jul 29 by Kennington

Didn’t Lallana angle for a move a few times before he actually left. I’m sure there was at least once he said he wanted to move. What grated was the signing of that Liverpool shirt while still apparently a saints player and his leaving at a very difficult time for us. There was zero effort to spin the transfer by saints or Lallana, and when Lallana tried with his full page spread in the Echo it made things worse. As it turned out things worked out well for him and saints but he lacked class and I doubt he’ll ever get invited back in years to come in the way Lambert and even Yoshida will. That’s a shame for him but I’m sure he’ll cope.

Point of order sir! I think you'll find that was a half page spread in the Echo. SRL was the one who ponied up for the full page.

Lallana Signed For Brighton on 17:45 - Jul 29 with 251 viewskingslandstand1

Lallana Signed For Brighton on 17:10 - Jul 29 by Chesham_Saint

The depressive cynic in me worries that this new CB may turn out to be of similar vein if he is as good and such a bargain as people are saying. But if we can get 2 good seasons out of him and double (or more) our money then so be it
Lallana Signed For Brighton on 17:55 - Jul 29 with 246 viewsChesham_Saint

Lallana Signed For Brighton on 17:45 - Jul 29 by kingslandstand1

The depressive cynic in me worries that this new CB may turn out to be of similar vein if he is as good and such a bargain as people are saying. But if we can get 2 good seasons out of him and double (or more) our money then so be it

Let's set our expectations correctly then. Pelle always seemed to me to be a two season kind of player but he left without any double standards (albeit for the lure of mega millions in China).

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024