Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lallana Signed For Brighton 21:05 - Jul 27 with 2517 viewsSaintNick

Just been confirmed. I hve to admit part of me wishes it was Saints, but I think we have plenty of attacking options and he will suit Brighton who lack that spark he can give them, but will he be too much of a luxury

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Lallana Signed For Brighton on 12:13 - Jul 28 with 739 viewscocklebreath

Lallana Signed For Brighton on 10:10 - Jul 28 by SaintNick

I love Lallana for the 235 League games he played for Saints and the 48 League goals he scored, once he left I wasn't bothered how well he did for Liverpool or anyone else.

I wasn't happy at the way that the transfer happened, but I haven't let it eat me up all these years, we accuse Pompey of being obsessed about us, but some are obsessed with Liverpool and hating them.

Lallana was one of the best players that we have had in the past 30 years, people get so upset by the mere mention of his name because they are hurt he left because we all loved him so much back then.

Better to have loved and lost than not loved at all is the old adage, I appreciate Lallana for what he did for us, end of story I'm not going to airbrush it from our history.

By the way Harrison Reed is a lifelong Liverpool fan

Another glory seeking gimp

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Lallana Signed For Brighton on 12:15 - Jul 28 with 735 viewsSaintNick

Lallana Signed For Brighton on 10:24 - Jul 28 by ThermosNBlanket

You only have to look at the difference in farewell on the OS compare
Lallana to Lambert and Mane’s.

That is the sad thing about it all, he played more games for Saints than both of them, both left with much haste when Liverpool came calling, the difference was they kept their mouths shut.

Lallana had had a dispute with Reed, hence he threw his toys out of the pram, people forget that in the summer of 1975 Mike Channon publicly put in a transfer request when being filmed for a Southern TV documentary, the difference then was clubs could just turn them down and that was the end of that, it didn't tar his reputation with Saints fans and he was off to Man City two years later.

Lallana Signed For Brighton on 13:02 - Jul 28 with 697 viewsSaintsforeverj

Lallana Signed For Brighton on 10:10 - Jul 28 by SaintNick

I love Lallana for the 235 League games he played for Saints and the 48 League goals he scored, once he left I wasn't bothered how well he did for Liverpool or anyone else.

I wasn't happy at the way that the transfer happened, but I haven't let it eat me up all these years, we accuse Pompey of being obsessed about us, but some are obsessed with Liverpool and hating them.

Lallana was one of the best players that we have had in the past 30 years, people get so upset by the mere mention of his name because they are hurt he left because we all loved him so much back then.

Better to have loved and lost than not loved at all is the old adage, I appreciate Lallana for what he did for us, end of story I'm not going to airbrush it from our history.

By the way Harrison Reed is a lifelong Liverpool fan

Born in Worthing, yet supports Liverpool? Thanks for pointing out another plastic idiot and why non Liverpool fans hate the club so much.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Lallana Signed For Brighton on 13:13 - Jul 28 with 683 viewsSaintsforeverj

There is only a few examples of truly loyal players in our history. Le Tissier who could have played for the top clubs, won trophies and tripled his wages, stayed with us because he was yes you guessed it "Loyal" and must have truely loved the Saints to have turned down those opportunities.

Those sympathisers on here need to see the truth. Lallana and the rest of them move because they don't really care about our club. They just want to earn as much as they can and win things. We all want to earn more and better ourselves people cry. The difference is, as a PL club, these deserters apparently love, well its not true. You don't love and then leave. Le Tissier showed that right?

Would I leave my wife and desert the kids because a model came a long with more money? No I wouldn't, so sorry I don't understand kissing the badge, saying you a fan and then sodding off. I understand it as pure selfish arrogance. Remember Southampton made Lallana in the first place by bringing him through the youth system. And the thanks we get? Their departure could have caused our relegation. Someone explain how that is good?
[Post edited 28 Jul 2020 13:25]

Lallana Signed For Brighton on 13:46 - Jul 28 with 651 viewsSaintNick

Lallana Signed For Brighton on 13:13 - Jul 28 by Saintsforeverj

There is only a few examples of truly loyal players in our history. Le Tissier who could have played for the top clubs, won trophies and tripled his wages, stayed with us because he was yes you guessed it "Loyal" and must have truely loved the Saints to have turned down those opportunities.

Those sympathisers on here need to see the truth. Lallana and the rest of them move because they don't really care about our club. They just want to earn as much as they can and win things. We all want to earn more and better ourselves people cry. The difference is, as a PL club, these deserters apparently love, well its not true. You don't love and then leave. Le Tissier showed that right?

Would I leave my wife and desert the kids because a model came a long with more money? No I wouldn't, so sorry I don't understand kissing the badge, saying you a fan and then sodding off. I understand it as pure selfish arrogance. Remember Southampton made Lallana in the first place by bringing him through the youth system. And the thanks we get? Their departure could have caused our relegation. Someone explain how that is good?
[Post edited 28 Jul 2020 13:25]

I see what you are getting at, but times have changed and we have to try and accept that.

Back in Le Tissier's day the money was not such an issue, Alan Shearer left us to Blackburn for a record salary of £3k a week, he would probably have been on at best 1/2 that at Saints, so back then staying even for Shearer was not about money, yes he would prefer to be £75k a year better off but that would have bought him a small semi detached house over 12 months, Lallana left for around £120k a week more, he could buy around 25 of the same house per year with that.

The truth is that players know they have short shelf lives, a freak injury can finish their careers at an early age, so they have to take big bucks when offered to make themselves financially secure.

Your comparison about the wife and kids is way off, if you have a wife and kids and you live in a council house and you are offered a new job at 3 times your current wages and a signing on fee that will buy you a massive house would you take it.

Footballers are the same as us in that respect, they want personal happiness but they can get big money quickly and take it,

Lallana came through the youth system, we got thanks from him, he stayed loyal as we went down to the 3rd and even when we didn't get promoted first time around and then played in two promotions and two Premier League seasons he had paid his dues he deserved a move, he was 26 and spent most of the last 7 years on fairly low wages compared to the Premier League, he owed us nothing and throughout that time we owed him nothing, if he had turned out to be rubbish we would have dumped him fast.

There are many other Saints players who deserve our vitriol before Lallana, Jason Puncheon for instance who 6 months after signing got the hump and demanded to go out on loan, spendin the best part of two seasons away from St Mary's only wanting back in when we were on the verge of the Premier League, he then gets a new deal, gets a big signing on fee again and then decides he is homesick for Croydon and wants to go to Palace, he showed utter contempt for this club, I suspect those who sing abusive songs about Lallana are quick to sing about Puncheon "He sh*ts where he wants" he hated us so much he even tried to take a dump on our pitch lol

Lallana Signed For Brighton on 14:00 - Jul 28 with 635 viewsChesham_Saint

Lallana Signed For Brighton on 12:15 - Jul 28 by SaintNick

That is the sad thing about it all, he played more games for Saints than both of them, both left with much haste when Liverpool came calling, the difference was they kept their mouths shut.

Lallana had had a dispute with Reed, hence he threw his toys out of the pram, people forget that in the summer of 1975 Mike Channon publicly put in a transfer request when being filmed for a Southern TV documentary, the difference then was clubs could just turn them down and that was the end of that, it didn't tar his reputation with Saints fans and he was off to Man City two years later.

I think Mick Channon was different.

a) because it WAS Mick Channon
b) Because he didn't do it in a whingey way
c) We recognised what he had done for us and deserved his chance with a 'bigger' club and;
d) it was City not the Salford team.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Lallana Signed For Brighton on 14:02 - Jul 28 with 633 viewsSaintsforeverj

Lallana Signed For Brighton on 13:46 - Jul 28 by SaintNick

I see what you are getting at, but times have changed and we have to try and accept that.

Back in Le Tissier's day the money was not such an issue, Alan Shearer left us to Blackburn for a record salary of £3k a week, he would probably have been on at best 1/2 that at Saints, so back then staying even for Shearer was not about money, yes he would prefer to be £75k a year better off but that would have bought him a small semi detached house over 12 months, Lallana left for around £120k a week more, he could buy around 25 of the same house per year with that.

The truth is that players know they have short shelf lives, a freak injury can finish their careers at an early age, so they have to take big bucks when offered to make themselves financially secure.

Your comparison about the wife and kids is way off, if you have a wife and kids and you live in a council house and you are offered a new job at 3 times your current wages and a signing on fee that will buy you a massive house would you take it.

Footballers are the same as us in that respect, they want personal happiness but they can get big money quickly and take it,

Lallana came through the youth system, we got thanks from him, he stayed loyal as we went down to the 3rd and even when we didn't get promoted first time around and then played in two promotions and two Premier League seasons he had paid his dues he deserved a move, he was 26 and spent most of the last 7 years on fairly low wages compared to the Premier League, he owed us nothing and throughout that time we owed him nothing, if he had turned out to be rubbish we would have dumped him fast.

There are many other Saints players who deserve our vitriol before Lallana, Jason Puncheon for instance who 6 months after signing got the hump and demanded to go out on loan, spendin the best part of two seasons away from St Mary's only wanting back in when we were on the verge of the Premier League, he then gets a new deal, gets a big signing on fee again and then decides he is homesick for Croydon and wants to go to Palace, he showed utter contempt for this club, I suspect those who sing abusive songs about Lallana are quick to sing about Puncheon "He sh*ts where he wants" he hated us so much he even tried to take a dump on our pitch lol

Yes he did! I don't care for him much! But the point is, Puncheon didn't kiss the badge, he didn't say he loves the club and he was born in Croydon. You see, there is no emotion there to him from the fans. He might have got the hump but I don't care. He is just another player, with little connection to my club.

He is a Londoner who went back to London and meant nothing to us, so I'm not bothered. I can find quotes from Lallana, telling us how he grew up here, loves the club etc. He then left us for more money and glory. There is a difference. He didn't really care did he. His words were meaningless. Le Tiss on the other hand meant it.

[Post edited 28 Jul 2020 14:04]

Lallana Signed For Brighton on 14:11 - Jul 28 with 622 viewsSaintNick

Lallana Signed For Brighton on 14:02 - Jul 28 by Saintsforeverj

Yes he did! I don't care for him much! But the point is, Puncheon didn't kiss the badge, he didn't say he loves the club and he was born in Croydon. You see, there is no emotion there to him from the fans. He might have got the hump but I don't care. He is just another player, with little connection to my club.

He is a Londoner who went back to London and meant nothing to us, so I'm not bothered. I can find quotes from Lallana, telling us how he grew up here, loves the club etc. He then left us for more money and glory. There is a difference. He didn't really care did he. His words were meaningless. Le Tiss on the other hand meant it.

[Post edited 28 Jul 2020 14:04]

Lallana came from Bournemouth he didn't grow up here we poached him from Bournmouth's youth system when he was 13

Login to get fewer ads

Lallana Signed For Brighton on 14:22 - Jul 28 with 594 viewsSaintsforeverj

Lallana Signed For Brighton on 14:11 - Jul 28 by SaintNick

Lallana came from Bournemouth he didn't grow up here we poached him from Bournmouth's youth system when he was 13

But I don't understand the support for him from a few. He kissed the badge, said he loves us then left to earn lots of money and glory. He left us on bad terms too, that was disrespectful to the few fans now wanting him back. The issue is all about Liverpool too in afraid. That club leaves a bad taste in the mouth, for all the reasons mentioned hundreds of times. He went there, for his own selfish reasons. I'm not one of those desperate for his return. We don't need him anyway. He only has a few years left, if that. He will probably be injured a lot too.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2020 14:24]

Lallana Signed For Brighton on 16:45 - Jul 28 with 558 viewskernow

Good move for him but don't wish him well and hope he is instrumental in their relegation. Who wouldn't who doesn't support them? It's nothing personal though.
Some Saints fans have got memories like an elephant and paper thin skins. Everything is taken so personally and seriously.

It' football ffs. He's out to maximise his career benefits while he can.
Loyalty to his family, what's so outrageous about that?
Lallana Signed For Brighton on 16:52 - Jul 28 with 543 viewsRon11

Lallana Signed For Brighton on 10:24 - Jul 28 by ThermosNBlanket

You only have to look at the difference in farewell on the OS compare
Lallana to Lambert and Mane’s.

Ricky lambert deserved his chance and left with a bit of class and respect for the supporters and his fans.
Lallana disappeared like a Weasel up drain pipe.
Lallana Signed For Brighton on 16:55 - Jul 28 with 542 viewsgeezershoong1

Glenn Murray on Talksport this morning:

'It goes to show the calibre of our club when we can attract such a big player who was massive for Liverpool..'

Poll: England are playing tonight - would you rather...

Lallana Signed For Brighton on 17:37 - Jul 28 with 521 viewskingslandstand1

Lallana Signed For Brighton on 16:55 - Jul 28 by geezershoong1

'It goes to show the calibre of our club when we can attract such a big player who was massive for Liverpool..'

Delusion rules by the seaside ...............

He was a good player, no more no less. I didn't like the way he left us and for him he did well out of it, both financially and the fact that he did actually get a couple of medals, but "such a big player"??? Murray's 'avin a larf
Lallana Signed For Brighton on 18:07 - Jul 28 with 499 viewsChesham_Saint

Lallana Signed For Brighton on 17:37 - Jul 28 by kingslandstand1

He was a good player, no more no less. I didn't like the way he left us and for him he did well out of it, both financially and the fact that he did actually get a couple of medals, but "such a big player"??? Murray's 'avin a larf

On the other hand what could you expect Murray to come out with?

He's hardly going to say " I think the way Lallana left Saints is despicable. He's been a good player but clearly also a bit of a cvnt. He could do a job for us but I reckon he'll be crocked most of the time and he'd better not come the Billy Big Bollox with me around!"

Lallana Signed For Brighton on 18:49 - Jul 28 with 483 viewskingslandstand1

Lallana Signed For Brighton on 18:07 - Jul 28 by Chesham_Saint

On the other hand what could you expect Murray to come out with?

He's hardly going to say " I think the way Lallana left Saints is despicable. He's been a good player but clearly also a bit of a cvnt. He could do a job for us but I reckon he'll be crocked most of the time and he'd better not come the Billy Big Bollox with me around!"

The truth always hurts
Lallana Signed For Brighton on 19:00 - Jul 28 with 471 viewsgrumpy

Lallana Signed For Brighton on 16:55 - Jul 28 by geezershoong1

'massive'
Lallana Signed For Brighton on 19:03 - Jul 28 with 467 viewskernow

Lallana Signed For Brighton on 19:00 - Jul 28 by grumpy

'massive'

In the context of ego I would say like Jupiter.
Lallana Signed For Brighton on 06:29 - Jul 29 with 373 viewsareasix

Saint Nick admits that time has caught up with Adam L and that he is injury prone struggled to get a game at Liverpool but reading between the lines you would choose him over Harrison Reed who you don’t rate because we have had 5 managers ignore him all of which didn’t have the same skill set as Ralph. Look at the players he has improved , JWP has come on leaps and bounds since Ralph arrival.
Lallana Signed For Brighton on 09:32 - Jul 29 with 326 viewsSaintNick

Lallana Signed For Brighton on 17:37 - Jul 28 by kingslandstand1

In the quest to slag off Lallana, it seems many have forgotten that in the poll to pick Saints greatest team the vote from the fans was

GOALKEEPER

- Peter Shilton

DEFENDERS

- Jason Dodd
- Claus Lundekvam
- José Fonte
- Wayne Bridge

MIDFIELDERS

- Alan Ball
- Matt Le Tissier
- Adam Lallana

STRIKERS

- Rickie Lambert
- Mick Channon
- Alan Shearer

SUBS: Antti Niemi, Mark Wright, Francis Benali, Ivan Golac, Morgan Schneiderlin, Terry Paine, Kevin Keegan.

Now although I think the vote was a little age biased in that some great players were left out of the side, Lallana was still voted in by a younger generation who had lived though his time at Saints

To say Lallana was a good player no more or less is plain wrong, he was loved as much as any other player in and around the Adkins era, he made Messi look shite we sang, that was perhaps over the top, but 34 England caps is no small feat either

Lallana Signed For Brighton on 11:00 - Jul 29 with 304 viewsdarthvader

I hated the moment when he and SRL left us , .
But the petulant way he left , demanding to leave after all that was said just months earlier pledging his playing days with us .

Thats what sticks in my throat not that he left , the way he handled himself to get his move . Sulking and dragging our club through the mud to get what he wanted . For that reason ..he can go Fùck himself .

As for liverpool , they are the tap up champions, it happened with him as well as virgil .

Brendon (WAC) getting the liverpool players in the England squad to do his dirty work for him . Taptaptap

keep the faith coyr

Lallana Signed For Brighton on 13:55 - Jul 29 with 289 viewsSaintsforeverj

Lallana Signed For Brighton on 09:32 - Jul 29 by SaintNick

In the quest to slag off Lallana, it seems many have forgotten that in the poll to pick Saints greatest team the vote from the fans was

GOALKEEPER

- Peter Shilton

DEFENDERS

- Jason Dodd
- Claus Lundekvam
- José Fonte
- Wayne Bridge

MIDFIELDERS

- Alan Ball
- Matt Le Tissier
- Adam Lallana

STRIKERS

- Rickie Lambert
- Mick Channon
- Alan Shearer

SUBS: Antti Niemi, Mark Wright, Francis Benali, Ivan Golac, Morgan Schneiderlin, Terry Paine, Kevin Keegan.

Now although I think the vote was a little age biased in that some great players were left out of the side, Lallana was still voted in by a younger generation who had lived though his time at Saints

To say Lallana was a good player no more or less is plain wrong, he was loved as much as any other player in and around the Adkins era, he made Messi look shite we sang, that was perhaps over the top, but 34 England caps is no small feat either

I think you will find that after Liverpool illegally tapped up VD, going "there" is equal to being a traitor. RL is scouse, so people understood more. But Lallana is another one, like VD who threw his toys out of the pram as he obviously colluded with Liverpool behind the scenes. Everyone hates where he went as much anything. If they go to Man City or Arsenal or whatever it's not as bad.

Lallana Signed For Brighton on 13:56 - Jul 29 with 287 viewsChesham_Saint

Lallana Signed For Brighton on 11:00 - Jul 29 by darthvader

I hated the moment when he and SRL left us , .
But the petulant way he left , demanding to leave after all that was said just months earlier pledging his playing days with us .

Thats what sticks in my throat not that he left , the way he handled himself to get his move . Sulking and dragging our club through the mud to get what he wanted . For that reason ..he can go Fùck himself .

As for liverpool , they are the tap up champions, it happened with him as well as virgil .

Brendon (WAC) getting the liverpool players in the England squad to do his dirty work for him . Taptaptap

Liverpool? How many commentators have you heard saying how they always do things the "right way" recently?

Utter bollox. They blatantly tapped up Lallana, (SRL?) and Van Dyke and then got all 'scouse-righteous' when Barcelona had the temerity to do the same to them with Coutinho. Their holier than thou uber-sanctimonious attitude makes so may despise them when really they deserve plaudits for the way they have played.

In short, a bunch of hypocritical cvnts who've tainted their success and make even Tottenham seem fair.

Lallana Signed For Brighton on 14:32 - Jul 29 with 273 viewsSaintNick

Lallana Signed For Brighton on 13:56 - Jul 29 by Chesham_Saint

Liverpool? How many commentators have you heard saying how they always do things the "right way" recently?

Utter bollox. They blatantly tapped up Lallana, (SRL?) and Van Dyke and then got all 'scouse-righteous' when Barcelona had the temerity to do the same to them with Coutinho. Their holier than thou uber-sanctimonious attitude makes so may despise them when really they deserve plaudits for the way they have played.

In short, a bunch of hypocritical cvnts who've tainted their success and make even Tottenham seem fair.

I have never denied that Liverpool went about things the wrong way in the pursuit of Van Dijk, Lovren and Lallana, it was despicable, those who accuse me of Liverpool bias forget the scathing articles I wrote at the time, they pursued Lambert in the same way, but for some some it seems that is excusable because he comes from there.

In truth though most clubs do the same thing, just Liverpool did it worse than others

Lallana Signed For Brighton on 14:50 - Jul 29 with 268 viewskingslandstand1

Lallana Signed For Brighton on 09:32 - Jul 29 by SaintNick

GOALKEEPER

- Peter Shilton

DEFENDERS

- Jason Dodd
- Claus Lundekvam
- José Fonte
- Wayne Bridge

MIDFIELDERS

- Alan Ball
- Matt Le Tissier
- Adam Lallana

STRIKERS

- Rickie Lambert
- Mick Channon
- Alan Shearer

Not sure whether that poll was before or after he left (No VvD so a while ago), but as has been made quite clear by those who have differing views to yourself Nick it is the WAY he left, not for the way he played for Saints

To say that he is no more no less a good player is in my opinion correct once he got to Liverpool as was proven by someone else's stats on here about the amount of game time he had with them over the past few years.

If he was a "great" player or even "very good" he would have been a starter and getting 90 mins game time a lot more in that team more so than he did

Yes, 34 caps for England, but how many of those games were the full 90 minutes?

He stood out for us on the pitch, but not so much in a much bigger pond with a team full of better players around him as at Liverpool.

He was a "good" player at Liverpool, no more, no less in my opinion
Lallana Signed For Brighton on 15:57 - Jul 29 with 246 viewsChesham_Saint

Lallana Signed For Brighton on 14:32 - Jul 29 by SaintNick

I have never denied that Liverpool went about things the wrong way in the pursuit of Van Dijk, Lovren and Lallana, it was despicable, those who accuse me of Liverpool bias forget the scathing articles I wrote at the time, they pursued Lambert in the same way, but for some some it seems that is excusable because he comes from there.

In truth though most clubs do the same thing, just Liverpool did it worse than others

Other clubs may well do the same thing Nick, but they are not routinely applauded for "doing things the right way" whilst being metaphorically chaired shoulder high by the assembled massed media as we lesser clubs are expected to obsequiously venerate the hypocritical, scouse-righteous tossers.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024