Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
“Eat Out to Help Out“ 13:26 - Aug 3 with 9475 viewsPatfromPoole

Any Uglies doing this over the next 3 days????

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 15:43 - Aug 18 with 1360 views1ASIN12

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 13:40 - Aug 18 by Boris_

You're quite right. Having said that, Restaurants are also seeing their takings well up on Thursday, Friday and Saturday too, as confidence in eating out increases ( and those who aren't interested in scrambling for a table go out on other days.

ThaiKhun was packed last Thursday and they said it's busier overall than 'non-covid' times.

The likes of Soppy won't admit it because of their obsessive political agenda, but it's been one of the most valuable government interventions.

I think some people just like to slag off the Government for the sake of it .

Slag them of for intorducing variuos schemes to try and get the economy back up and running and slag them of if they didnt try .

I work in the aviation industry and that has also been hit very hard by Covid - luckily the furlough scheme has saved some jobs (though not all) - but its hard to see how much more the government can reasonably do.
“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 17:27 - Aug 18 with 1323 viewsgrumpy

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 15:43 - Aug 18 by 1ASIN12

I think some people just like to slag off the Government for the sake of it .

Slag them of for intorducing variuos schemes to try and get the economy back up and running and slag them of if they didnt try .

I work in the aviation industry and that has also been hit very hard by Covid - luckily the furlough scheme has saved some jobs (though not all) - but its hard to see how much more the government can reasonably do.

When these people return from furlough do you think they will have a job?I wonder......
“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 17:46 - Aug 18 with 1310 viewsBoris_

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 17:27 - Aug 18 by grumpy

When these people return from furlough do you think they will have a job?I wonder......

Is it the governments fault if they don't?

Poll: Claude Puel

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 17:59 - Aug 18 with 1300 views1ASIN12

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 17:27 - Aug 18 by grumpy

Like I said in my post , some jobs have been saved but not all.

When the aviation industry has shrunk by around 40% then unfortunatley some jobs have been lost.

Again i said in my post I beilive there is not a great deal the government could have done or can do to have saved those jobs.

The aviation industry will not get back to 2019 levels for aroud 3 to 4 years sunch has been the impact of covid - and no government could have done much to stop it.
“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 18:23 - Aug 18 with 1286 viewsBuggalugs

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 17:59 - Aug 18 by 1ASIN12

When the aviation industry has shrunk by around 40% then unfortunatley some jobs have been lost.

Again i said in my post I beilive there is not a great deal the government could have done or can do to have saved those jobs.

The aviation industry will not get back to 2019 levels for aroud 3 to 4 years sunch has been the impact of covid - and no government could have done much to stop it.

This is true but I personally think furlough has been a bad thing. Yes employers haven’t been forced to make staff redundant immediately, meaning individuals have benefitted in the short term, but without these employees being in the workplace, the economy has tanked. Many businesses are damaged beyond repair already, so the mass redundancies furlough was supposed to avoid are inevitable anyway.

It’s also created a culture of people who are supposedly too afraid to go back to work, which never would have happened if they weren’t getting paid for sitting on their arses. I could see the benefit of running the furlough scheme for a couple of months, but announcing back in May it’d run until October was a very bad call imo.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 18:28 - Aug 18 with 1284 viewsgrumpy

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 17:59 - Aug 18 by 1ASIN12

I'm sorry about aviation industry,the impact of covid must be monumental.
As to whether the government could have done much to stop it that's debatable.
“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 18:37 - Aug 18 with 1278 viewsBoris_

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 18:28 - Aug 18 by grumpy

You've lost the plot pal.

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 18:39 - Aug 18 with 1277 viewsBoris_

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 15:33 - Aug 18 by Boris_

Can you quote me the trade figures then Soppy? I assume you have a link to them?

No?

Didn't think so.

Why are they throwing money in the wrong direction as well? What is your rationale behind that? Do you think encouraging people to leave their houses and spend money on UK businesses that will help save hundreds of thousands of jobs is throwing money in the wrong direction?

Justify your comments with facts?

That's the issue with you soppy. You're quick to rubbish everything the government do but you're too thick to come up with a better solution.

Come on Soppy, you're not getting away with this.

Justify your comments or admit you're just saying things because big nasty Boris isn't coming to your birthday party.

Login to get fewer ads

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 18:41 - Aug 18 with 1277 viewsBison

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 18:28 - Aug 18 by grumpy

How would you start this debate as every airline and associated industries in every country across the globe is suffering due to covid 19. I’m intrigued grumps , let’s hear it.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 18:47 - Aug 18 with 1270 views1885_SFC

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 18:41 - Aug 18 by Bison

How would you start this debate as every airline and associated industries in every country across the globe is suffering due to covid 19. I’m intrigued grumps , let’s hear it.

Don't hold your breath for an answer!

Old School is Cool

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 19:10 - Aug 18 with 1227 viewsHappy_Jack

The "Eat out to help out" incentive has been an absolute success. A pub manager I know well told me today he'd broken his lunchtime record this afternoon and his only problem is the amount of customers he sadly has to turn away. This is also translating into more weekend bookings as people's confidence grows in getting back into the pub & restaurant. Anyone who criticizes this scheme is bonkers.

Millbrook Furnishing shop floor level banter
Poll: Who do you think the best Prime Minister of the last 40 years has been?

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 19:16 - Aug 18 with 1223 viewsBison

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 19:10 - Aug 18 by Happy_Jack

The "Eat out to help out" incentive has been an absolute success. A pub manager I know well told me today he'd broken his lunchtime record this afternoon and his only problem is the amount of customers he sadly has to turn away. This is also translating into more weekend bookings as people's confidence grows in getting back into the pub & restaurant. Anyone who criticizes this scheme is bonkers.

This can’t Be correct surely ? Soggy’s local landlord reckons it’s costing him money as he is employing staff to just sit around . Thank god for soggy , grumps and Saint22 for their unbiased reporting on the issue and proving yet again it’s all Boris’s fault.

35,000,000 meals have been served under the scheme so far.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 19:35 - Aug 18 with 1133 views1885_SFC

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 19:16 - Aug 18 by Bison

This can’t Be correct surely ? Soggy’s local landlord reckons it’s costing him money as he is employing staff to just sit around . Thank god for soggy , grumps and Saint22 for their unbiased reporting on the issue and proving yet again it’s all Boris’s fault.

35,000,000 meals have been served under the scheme so far.

Soggy's landlord is probably just as miserable as him. I bet his local pub is called 'The Grim Bastards' or 'The Hanging Post'...

Old School is Cool

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 20:04 - Aug 18 with 1035 viewsgrumpy

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 18:41 - Aug 18 by Bison

April
https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-aviation-sector-renews-plea-for-governmen

How much did they get?
“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 20:13 - Aug 18 with 1023 viewsSadoldgit

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 15:33 - Aug 18 by Boris_

Can you quote me the trade figures then Soppy? I assume you have a link to them?

No?

Didn't think so.

Why are they throwing money in the wrong direction as well? What is your rationale behind that? Do you think encouraging people to leave their houses and spend money on UK businesses that will help save hundreds of thousands of jobs is throwing money in the wrong direction?

Justify your comments with facts?

That's the issue with you soppy. You're quick to rubbish everything the government do but you're too thick to come up with a better solution.

Why do I have to give figures but you don’t?

And I am surprised that the forum business guru and financial expert does not know that the bounce back loan is interest free for 12 months. As I said, free money. You might want to do your homework Doris.
“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 20:37 - Aug 18 with 1011 viewsBuggalugs

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 20:13 - Aug 18 by Sadoldgit

And I am surprised that the forum business guru and financial expert does not know that the bounce back loan is interest free for 12 months. As I said, free money. You might want to do your homework Doris.

Not sure what point you’re trying to make here, but this is all getting a bit embarrassing for you now pal.

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 21:42 - Aug 18 with 984 viewsBoris_

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 20:13 - Aug 18 by Sadoldgit

You're the one that said 'quoted trade figures' , not me! That's why I don't have to give you any but you do!

Anyone with any common sense and without an obsessive political tantrum knows this has been a fantastic scheme which has kickstarted the hospitality industry when they were desperate for it.

As for the Bounceback loans. The government are contributing a grand total of £1,250 to my loan of £50,000 per BUSINESS ( got 3 of them! Lovely! ).

There is £8,333 VAT in that £50k for starters that will make its way back to the tax man eventually...

( not to mention the extra revenue generated from that money which will mean I will be contributing more PAYE Tax, National Insurance, Corporation Tax, VAT, Business Rates and finally Dividend tax )

That very nominal £1,250 will be paying the government back over and over again for years.

Shrewd business from Rishi, eh?

( I wouldn't expect you to understand this but if you persist in being thick, I'll have to start charging you for these BUSINESS lessons )
[Post edited 18 Aug 2020 21:49]

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 22:03 - Aug 18 with 962 viewsBuggalugs

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 21:42 - Aug 18 by Boris_

You're the one that said 'quoted trade figures' , not me! That's why I don't have to give you any but you do!

Anyone with any common sense and without an obsessive political tantrum knows this has been a fantastic scheme which has kickstarted the hospitality industry when they were desperate for it.

As for the Bounceback loans. The government are contributing a grand total of £1,250 to my loan of £50,000 per BUSINESS ( got 3 of them! Lovely! ).

There is £8,333 VAT in that £50k for starters that will make its way back to the tax man eventually...

( not to mention the extra revenue generated from that money which will mean I will be contributing more PAYE Tax, National Insurance, Corporation Tax, VAT, Business Rates and finally Dividend tax )

That very nominal £1,250 will be paying the government back over and over again for years.

( I wouldn't expect you to understand this but if you persist in being thick, I'll have to start charging you for these BUSINESS lessons )

Of course he understands. Soggy used to manage a promotional budget for The Guardian and Observer newspapers as well as the prosecution budget for the CPS Southern Eastern area. He also manages the finances for a successful small business.

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 01:32 - Aug 19 with 902 viewsBicester_North

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 20:04 - Aug 18 by grumpy

April
https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-aviation-sector-renews-plea-for-governmen

How much did they get?

June

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/04/airlines-an

Quite a lot

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 08:01 - Aug 19 with 863 viewsgrumpy

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 01:32 - Aug 19 by Bicester_North

June

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/04/airlines-an

Quite a lot

https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm5801/cmselect/cmtrans/268/26807.htm

READ 38....

Sounds like they were slow,like with most things during this crisis.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2020 8:05]
“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 08:20 - Aug 19 with 848 viewsSadoldgit

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 21:42 - Aug 18 by Boris_

Hardly in the league of a Murdoch or a Branson are you Doris 😂.

So this brilliant scheme is going to kick start the economy is it? You clearly don’t read newspapers or watch the news. It is a stunt and most people see it as such. Your house bible the Daily Mail is having another pop at one of your cabinet ministers today and you useless namesake is getting the piss ripped out of him for disappearing again yet all you can do is have a dig at someone on a football forum when you should be out making your millions.

Hundreds more food outlets are closing despite the wonderful scheme you keep banging on about. Winner? It doesn’t look like it does it Doris. Still, you have your team of usual suspects backing you up so that ok.
“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 09:02 - Aug 19 with 838 viewsBoris_

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 08:20 - Aug 19 by Sadoldgit

So this brilliant scheme is going to kick start the economy is it? You clearly don’t read newspapers or watch the news. It is a stunt and most people see it as such. Your house bible the Daily Mail is having another pop at one of your cabinet ministers today and you useless namesake is getting the piss ripped out of him for disappearing again yet all you can do is have a dig at someone on a football forum when you should be out making your millions.

Hundreds more food outlets are closing despite the wonderful scheme you keep banging on about. Winner? It doesn’t look like it does it Doris. Still, you have your team of usual suspects backing you up so that ok.

Can you link me to some of these articles?

You keep mentioning 'quoted trade figures' and newspaper articles and news programmes saying that the scheme isn't working, yet you aren't able to provide any links? Could it be that you're talking utter bullsh*t?

So just so we can clarify things a bit more, you expect the government to be able to save every single job and every single business in the UK do you?

It would be good to understand what weird expectations you have as well?

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 09:28 - Aug 19 with 826 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 08:20 - Aug 19 by Sadoldgit

"Hundreds more food outlets are closing despite the wonderful scheme"

This is a key point. That is very much the case, however the places that have already closed and now Pizza Express today, were already in trouble long before Coronavirus.

They were in trouble as they serve up sh*t food, generally by miserable as f**k staff. How many times last year did you walk past a Cafe Rouge, Pizza Express or one of the other cheap 'restaurants' and see they had most of their tables free?

There are simply too many of these cheap places serving below standard food and the ones that are marginally better (and certainly with better service) have survived.

But you can't blame Coronavirus or the government for these places closing, they were already struggling and have themselves to blame for being low quality.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 10:07 - Aug 19 with 808 viewsBicester_North

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 08:01 - Aug 19 by grumpy

https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm5801/cmselect/cmtrans/268/26807.htm

READ 38....

Sounds like they were slow,like with most things during this crisis.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2020 8:05]

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 11:42 - Aug 19 with 775 views1885_SFC

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 09:28 - Aug 19 by Gennaro_Contaldo

"Hundreds more food outlets are closing despite the wonderful scheme"

This is a key point. That is very much the case, however the places that have already closed and now Pizza Express today, were already in trouble long before Coronavirus.

They were in trouble as they serve up sh*t food, generally by miserable as f**k staff. How many times last year did you walk past a Cafe Rouge, Pizza Express or one of the other cheap 'restaurants' and see they had most of their tables free?

There are simply too many of these cheap places serving below standard food and the ones that are marginally better (and certainly with better service) have survived.

But you can't blame Coronavirus or the government for these places closing, they were already struggling and have themselves to blame for being low quality.

Exactly this.

And when you add in the amount of business rates that greedy landlords demand for their premises, it's no wonder many are going under.

Old School is Cool

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024