Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2nd Wave 12:44 - Aug 21 with 4788 viewsJaySaint

Still no sign?

No C19 in my region and has not been for weeks. Still no 2nd wave

nothing after VE day, packing out Bournemouth beach, BLM protests, going to pub, local papers shaming people / businesses who act in a normal fashion.

The economy is being systematically destroyed - yet still no 2nd wave.

You are no more likely to be stabbed to death in London, than die from C19.
Should the new slogan be - Wear a stab vest, protect the NHS, Save lives?

ever feel we've been had?
[Post edited 21 Aug 2020 12:48]

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

2nd Wave on 13:02 - Aug 21 with 2449 viewsthissceptredsaint

Given the failure of the billions wasted now on dodgy track and trace systems contracted out to government ministers mates, I wouldn't trust simple figures of 'confirmed' cases at all.

We just don't know what is out there.

We have the highest figure in Europe, on of the highest in the world, even comparing densities of population we have failed. We have a government throwing money to their mates for mon existent safety equipment and testing systems that don't work. We were warned in 2016 about the coming storm. The conservatives chose to ignore and even cut resources to tackle this

These are the facts.

Our economy has tanked more than other G7 countries. It has tanked because it is not run correctly, it was stagnant before the pandemic and because it is structurally compromised.

And yet the money spent for no return on 'systems' and non existent equipment has been astronomic.

Meanwhile Boris is in Jockland hiding. What a cowardly lazy buffoon.

Starmer is looking at a spreadsheet of soundbites and ticking off the ones he has used. We have Bobo the clown and Magic Manager, great
2nd Wave on 13:32 - Aug 21 with 2402 viewsthissceptredsaint

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/health/coronavirus/coronavirus-latest-covid-19-case

I googled COvid cases in Hampshire and got this.

Clearly there are cases.
2nd Wave on 13:48 - Aug 21 with 2376 viewsSaintsforeverj

What is interesting about the response around the world is that some countries locked down strictly, only to have equal to or worse number of deaths per head than countries that didn't lock down. So Peru and Chile have more deaths per head than Brazil, yet they both had strict lockdowns and Brazil didn't at all. Other things like population density come into play, but we just don't know. Sweden didn't lock down, they still have a higher death rate than their nordic neighbours, but their death rate has and is decreasing to manageable levels, anyway. No 2nd wave there, as they never locked down in the first place and the virus is in control.

In the end, unless a vaccine arrives, we will just have to get on with it anyway.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

2nd Wave on 13:49 - Aug 21 with 2376 viewsKennington

Are we sure the first wave is even over? The cases have always seemed pretty high to me. People are too easily led and don’t understand statistics. I’d argue we’re broadly still in the first wave.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

2nd Wave on 14:52 - Aug 21 with 2316 viewsBoris_

2nd Wave on 13:49 - Aug 21 by Kennington

Are we sure the first wave is even over? The cases have always seemed pretty high to me. People are too easily led and don’t understand statistics. I’d argue we’re broadly still in the first wave.

I understand statistics. 800-1000 cases a day out of 60 million people is not a huge amount.

For context, you're more likely to get cancer ( 1050 people a day are diagnosed with Cancer ) than you are Covid.

Poll: Claude Puel

2nd Wave on 17:23 - Aug 21 with 2247 viewsJaySaint

2nd Wave on 14:52 - Aug 21 by Boris_

I understand statistics. 800-1000 cases a day out of 60 million people is not a huge amount.

For context, you're more likely to get cancer ( 1050 people a day are diagnosed with Cancer ) than you are Covid.

literally nothing, yet probably more likely to get a 1-2-1 with the pope that a routine operation

2nd Wave on 17:52 - Aug 21 with 2227 viewsgrumpy

Comparing Covid with Cancer is ridiculous.
2nd Wave on 18:36 - Aug 21 with 2185 viewscocklebreath

Just got back from a short break in Lyme Regis and thankfully most people are acting normal, a few freaks with masks on the beach or walking down the street.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Login to get fewer ads

2nd Wave on 18:41 - Aug 21 with 2178 viewsBoris_

2nd Wave on 17:52 - Aug 21 by grumpy

Comparing Covid with Cancer is ridiculous.

Why? Put some context in to your replies for a change.

More people are being diagnosed every day with cancer than are currently being diagnosed with Covid.

Which one would you prefer, if you had a choice?

2nd Wave on 18:43 - Aug 21 with 2174 viewsgrumpy

2nd Wave on 18:41 - Aug 21 by Boris_

Why? Put some context in to your replies for a change.

More people are being diagnosed every day with cancer than are currently being diagnosed with Covid.

Which one would you prefer, if you had a choice?

Why is being diagnosed with cancer got anything to do with being diagnosed with Covid.
2nd Wave on 18:45 - Aug 21 with 2167 viewsJaySaint

2nd Wave on 18:43 - Aug 21 by grumpy

Why is being diagnosed with cancer got anything to do with being diagnosed with Covid.

because hospitals are still deferring check ups/appointments because of C19.
C19 where vast swathes of the country it is not present

as said, if you live in London, you are now more likely to be stabbed to death than die of covid...yet the govt still get pelters for not having us coop'd up longer, harder etc

2nd Wave on 18:50 - Aug 21 with 2161 viewsBoris_

2nd Wave on 18:43 - Aug 21 by grumpy

You have more chance of being diagnosed with cancer tomorrow than you do with Covid.

I'd say that's a pretty significant statistic that shows 1) We are controlling Covid and 2) We need to be focusing on other serious illnesses which are being neglected, as the rate of recovery from cancer is nose-diving due to the obsession with Covid.

2nd Wave on 18:59 - Aug 21 with 2155 viewsgrumpy

2nd Wave on 18:45 - Aug 21 by JaySaint

because hospitals are still deferring check ups/appointments because of C19.
C19 where vast swathes of the country it is not present

as said, if you live in London, you are now more likely to be stabbed to death than die of covid...yet the govt still get pelters for not having us coop'd up longer, harder etc

Good grief now your comparing being stabbed to death in London to Covid.
2nd Wave on 19:30 - Aug 21 with 2128 viewsKennington

That’s incidences and prevalence. I’m saying that from the peak of c.4000 to the current 800-1000 means we arguably never left the first wave.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

2nd Wave on 19:39 - Aug 21 with 2119 viewsNewdawn2014

Why would this be some sort of hoax ?
2nd Wave on 22:07 - Aug 21 with 2033 viewsoeuf

The number is 1000+ per day over the last week ish. Similar to your cancer figure and 1 in 2 people over time get cancer. It's easy to minimise the numbers, but in reality, they ain't pretty.
2nd Wave on 08:48 - Aug 22 with 1888 viewsJaySaint

2nd Wave on 18:59 - Aug 21 by grumpy

Good grief now your comparing being stabbed to death in London to Covid.

you are right, london is more dangerous than C19

2nd Wave on 10:05 - Aug 22 with 1846 viewsBoris_

2nd Wave on 22:07 - Aug 21 by oeuf

The number is 1000+ per day over the last week ish. Similar to your cancer figure and 1 in 2 people over time get cancer. It's easy to minimise the numbers, but in reality, they ain't pretty.

The number is below 1000 a day actually on a rolling 7 day week.

We are also testing far far more than we were at the peak. The more you test, the more you find.

Cancer Research says that on average across all cancers, there is a 50% full survival rate after 10 years.

Reports suggest anything between 4 million and 20 million of us have already had Covid. If we use 10 million as a safe medium, that means Covid has a 99.59% survival rate ( that's me using the full 41,000 as deaths CAUSED by Covid )

I'll ask again. Which one would you prefer to be diagnosed with tomorrow?

2nd Wave on 10:09 - Aug 22 with 1837 viewsJaySaint

20 people in England and Wales under the age of 20 have died of C19. only 4 of those did not have serious health issues (that is with the known exaggerated method of reporting).

yet, too dangerous to go back to school, according to some teaching unions

480 people are in hospital (that is not necessarily in ICU). 480 across nearly 1300 hospital settings. Regions are literally miles away from any C19, (despite all the protesting, beaching/pub going).

yet, we are being 'threatened' with another national lockdown!
[Post edited 22 Aug 2020 10:10]

2nd Wave on 10:22 - Aug 22 with 1818 viewsoeuf

2nd Wave on 10:05 - Aug 22 by Boris_

The number is below 1000 a day actually on a rolling 7 day week.

We are also testing far far more than we were at the peak. The more you test, the more you find.

Cancer Research says that on average across all cancers, there is a 50% full survival rate after 10 years.

Reports suggest anything between 4 million and 20 million of us have already had Covid. If we use 10 million as a safe medium, that means Covid has a 99.59% survival rate ( that's me using the full 41,000 as deaths CAUSED by Covid )

I'll ask again. Which one would you prefer to be diagnosed with tomorrow?

The question is a daft one, but see below.

Covid either shows no symptoms, mild symptoms, serious symptoms with variable complications, or it kills. I don't fancy rolling that dice.

I know people who've had cancer and died. I also know people who've had it, got over it quickly and life is cool. I know people (young and healthy) who've had covid and are have been left with horrible long term complications. Contrast that with someone with mild skin cancer caught early and eradicated. Be honest, would you really the covid out of those 2?

I was relaxed about covid until I saw the damage it can do. Many are complacent because they haven't experienced what it can do.
2nd Wave on 10:38 - Aug 22 with 1796 viewsBoris_

2nd Wave on 10:22 - Aug 22 by oeuf

The question is a daft one, but see below.

Covid either shows no symptoms, mild symptoms, serious symptoms with variable complications, or it kills. I don't fancy rolling that dice.

I know people who've had cancer and died. I also know people who've had it, got over it quickly and life is cool. I know people (young and healthy) who've had covid and are have been left with horrible long term complications. Contrast that with someone with mild skin cancer caught early and eradicated. Be honest, would you really the covid out of those 2?

I was relaxed about covid until I saw the damage it can do. Many are complacent because they haven't experienced what it can do.

I am talking to you in factual numbers.

50% survival rate ( FACT quoted from Cancer research ) or 99% - 99.6% survival rate ( depending on which scientific modelling you use with regards to how many people in the UK have been infected ).

It's simple maths using factual information.

Cancer - 50% chance of living.
Covid - 99%+ chance of living.

It's a pretty each choice for me.

2nd Wave on 11:26 - Aug 22 with 1755 viewsoeuf

2nd Wave on 10:38 - Aug 22 by Boris_

50% survival rate ( FACT quoted from Cancer research ) or 99% - 99.6% survival rate ( depending on which scientific modelling you use with regards to how many people in the UK have been infected ).

It's how people survive covid...permanent lung damage, neurological issues, arthritis, restricted movement, the list is endless. Would you have any of that if you had an iffy mole removed nice and early?
2nd Wave on 11:27 - Aug 22 with 1753 viewsJaySaint

2nd Wave on 10:38 - Aug 22 by Boris_

2 people died of C19 yesterday

at what point can the vast majority of the country can return to normal?

During the daily briefings, the appalling media reps spent waaaay too much time after pursuing their pound of flesh, they never asked whether we went too far
[Post edited 22 Aug 2020 11:44]

2nd Wave on 11:40 - Aug 22 with 1744 viewsBoris_

2nd Wave on 11:26 - Aug 22 by oeuf

It's how people survive covid...permanent lung damage, neurological issues, arthritis, restricted movement, the list is endless. Would you have any of that if you had an iffy mole removed nice and early?

You're ignoring facts mush which suggests you are another one with a political agenda.

MILLIONS of people infected with Covid don't even realise they have had it!

I guarantee that a) You didn't vote conservatives in the last election and b) You voted remain.

You're just another one of the vile extreme left wishing Covid causes as much death and destruction as possible so you can score political points.

2nd Wave on 11:48 - Aug 22 with 1728 viewsoeuf

2nd Wave on 11:40 - Aug 22 by Boris_

You're ignoring facts mush which suggests you are another one with a political agenda.

MILLIONS of people infected with Covid don't even realise they have had it!

I guarantee that a) You didn't vote conservatives in the last election and b) You voted remain.

You're just another one of the vile extreme left wishing Covid causes as much death and destruction as possible so you can score political points.

You're a charmer ain't you.

Stay on your subject. Show me the stats of the after effects of covid and we'll have a sensible conversation, if you can. Alternatively, you carry on with your belief that it's a linear die or live condition.

And I'm no remainer or lefty, not that it has anything to do with the subject.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024