Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2nd Wave 12:44 - Aug 21 with 4799 viewsJaySaint

Still no sign?

No C19 in my region and has not been for weeks. Still no 2nd wave

nothing after VE day, packing out Bournemouth beach, BLM protests, going to pub, local papers shaming people / businesses who act in a normal fashion.

The economy is being systematically destroyed - yet still no 2nd wave.

You are no more likely to be stabbed to death in London, than die from C19.
Should the new slogan be - Wear a stab vest, protect the NHS, Save lives?

ever feel we've been had?
[Post edited 21 Aug 2020 12:48]

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

2nd Wave on 11:55 - Aug 22 with 1161 viewsBoris_

2nd Wave on 11:48 - Aug 22 by oeuf

You're a charmer ain't you.

Stay on your subject. Show me the stats of the after effects of covid and we'll have a sensible conversation, if you can. Alternatively, you carry on with your belief that it's a linear die or live condition.

And I'm no remainer or lefty, not that it has anything to do with the subject.

You are the one who is claiming you know the after-effects of Covid so why don't you provide the evidence?

I can tell you the long term after effects that cancer survivors can be inflicted with:

Physical and mental effects, such as chronic fatigue, mental health problems, pain, urinary and gastrointestinal problems, lymphoedema (persistent tissue swelling caused by fluid retention), Heart conditions/damage (chronic heart failure, heart muscle injury) Thyroid problems. Lung damage (scarring, inflammation, acute respiratory distress syndrome, lung failure) Infertility, including premature ovarian failure and premature menopause in women and low testosterone levels and sperm counts in men.

Why are you trying to suggest Covid is even a fraction as severe as Cancer?

I'll give you the numbers again, as you seem to be struggling:

Cancer Survival Rate: 50%
Covid Survival Rate: 99.5%

So 1 person in every 200 cases will die of Covid.
100 people in every 200 cases will die of Cancer.

In summary, you are ONE HUNDRED more times likely to die of cancer than you are Covid.

These are based on published factual numbers. I'd love to hear your rationale for disputing them.

Poll: Claude Puel

2nd Wave on 12:12 - Aug 22 with 1136 viewsoeuf

2nd Wave on 11:55 - Aug 22 by Boris_

You are the one who is claiming you know the after-effects of Covid so why don't you provide the evidence?

I can tell you the long term after effects that cancer survivors can be inflicted with:

Physical and mental effects, such as chronic fatigue, mental health problems, pain, urinary and gastrointestinal problems, lymphoedema (persistent tissue swelling caused by fluid retention), Heart conditions/damage (chronic heart failure, heart muscle injury) Thyroid problems. Lung damage (scarring, inflammation, acute respiratory distress syndrome, lung failure) Infertility, including premature ovarian failure and premature menopause in women and low testosterone levels and sperm counts in men.

Why are you trying to suggest Covid is even a fraction as severe as Cancer?

I'll give you the numbers again, as you seem to be struggling:

Cancer Survival Rate: 50%
Covid Survival Rate: 99.5%

So 1 person in every 200 cases will die of Covid.
100 people in every 200 cases will die of Cancer.

In summary, you are ONE HUNDRED more times likely to die of cancer than you are Covid.

These are based on published factual numbers. I'd love to hear your rationale for disputing them.

Take a breath mate.

I'm not arguing anything. I'm stating a fact, namely that the after effects of covid can be horrendous. The point is there are no stats on it.

Alas there are idiots that only look at living or dying from covid, oblivious to what they may have to live with.

Your cancer comparison is stupid. Nobody wants cancer. Only an idiot would want covid.
2nd Wave on 14:19 - Aug 22 with 1080 viewsgrumpy

Boris thinks anyone who disagrees with him is from the extreme left or a remainer with a political agenda.
2nd Wave on 14:52 - Aug 22 with 1065 viewsBoris_

2nd Wave on 14:19 - Aug 22 by grumpy

Boris thinks anyone who disagrees with him is from the extreme left or a remainer with a political agenda.

Anyone who argues against published verifiable facts is either incredibly stupid or has an agenda.

Which one is it with you?

2nd Wave on 15:07 - Aug 22 with 1060 viewsScoot

We are in the middle of a second wave. Deaths and infections are rising. Hardly anyone dies in 28 days of them first getting tested and confirmed as C19+ and to then say that's not the cause of death is ridiculous. By that reckoning my dad never died of cancer. Demonic Cummings has moved the goalpost for a reason...

Poll: Should NJ go?

2nd Wave on 15:07 - Aug 22 with 1060 viewsoeuf

2nd Wave on 14:52 - Aug 22 by Boris_

Anyone who argues against published verifiable facts is either incredibly stupid or has an agenda.

What are you on about? Cancer can be hideous. Covid can be hideous. Asking which people prefer is ridiculous. That's a verifiable fact.
2nd Wave on 15:18 - Aug 22 with 1039 viewsBoris_

2nd Wave on 15:07 - Aug 22 by oeuf

What are you on about? Cancer can be hideous. Covid can be hideous. Asking which people prefer is ridiculous. That's a verifiable fact.

You appear to be missing the whole point.

You are currently more likely to be diagnosed with cancer than you are Covid ( 980 cases a day with Covid, 1050 cases a day with Cancer )

You are 100 times more likely to die of cancer than you are Covid.

1000 cases a day in a population of 60 million people is very very few. The virus is well under control ( with exception of areas with high Asian population who for whatever reason, seem to be struggling )

There was TWO people in SGH as of 7 days ago.

Why are you trying to inflate the numbers to make things sound so much worse than they currently are at the moment?

2nd Wave on 15:20 - Aug 22 with 1036 viewsBoris_

2nd Wave on 15:07 - Aug 22 by Scoot

We are in the middle of a second wave. Deaths and infections are rising. Hardly anyone dies in 28 days of them first getting tested and confirmed as C19+ and to then say that's not the cause of death is ridiculous. By that reckoning my dad never died of cancer. Demonic Cummings has moved the goalpost for a reason...

Thanks for proving my point.

More politically agenda'd garbage from the loony left.

Login to get fewer ads

2nd Wave on 15:45 - Aug 22 with 1019 viewsoeuf

2nd Wave on 15:20 - Aug 22 by Boris_

Thanks for proving my point.

More politically agenda'd garbage from the loony left.

Proved what point? The only things you've proved is that only you think that asking whether someone would prefer cancer or covid, and that you're an opinionated prick.
2nd Wave on 00:29 - Aug 23 with 957 viewsSadoldgit

2nd Wave on 10:38 - Aug 22 by Boris_

I am talking to you in factual numbers.

50% survival rate ( FACT quoted from Cancer research ) or 99% - 99.6% survival rate ( depending on which scientific modelling you use with regards to how many people in the UK have been infected ).

It's simple maths using factual information.

Cancer - 50% chance of living.
Covid - 99%+ chance of living.

It's a pretty each choice for me.

Stop being an arse Doris. Not one person on here wants to be diagnosed with either of these awful diseases. You are turning it in to some pathetic game. We all know what you think of Covid but perhaps you should talk to the tens of thousands of people worldwide who have lost family and loved ones to this awful disease. There is a huge difference between the two in that one is totally infectious and the other is mostly not. If you don’t understand the difference between your body falling foul to something that naturally occcurs in humans and something that is transmitted and you will never catch if you are not exposed to it, then you really are a loser and not the winner that you keep telling us you are.
2nd Wave on 01:02 - Aug 23 with 955 viewsScoot

2nd Wave on 00:29 - Aug 23 by Sadoldgit

Stop being an arse Doris. Not one person on here wants to be diagnosed with either of these awful diseases. You are turning it in to some pathetic game. We all know what you think of Covid but perhaps you should talk to the tens of thousands of people worldwide who have lost family and loved ones to this awful disease. There is a huge difference between the two in that one is totally infectious and the other is mostly not. If you don’t understand the difference between your body falling foul to something that naturally occcurs in humans and something that is transmitted and you will never catch if you are not exposed to it, then you really are a loser and not the winner that you keep telling us you are.

Cancer is a relatively new disease. There's no written records of it pre the industrial revolution. If you read and understand what I put previously you would no I was making a point about the way they're now counting deaths. If you've had C19 for 4 weeks or more before it kills you they're not counting as a Covid death. Unlike every other country. Our infection rate is rising so what makes you think the death toll is shrinking? Its the way Demonic Cummings is counting deaths. Next to no one dies in 4 weeks of diagnosis, thats why he's done it that way.
In this country 1 in 6.7 people that get it have died. The worst in the world. Why do you think they would change the way of counting deaths? Its because the tories don't care about us. Just go to work, the pub, spend money, go shopping and if we lose a couple of thousand more who cares? No one will no because of the rigged count.

Poll: Should NJ go?

2nd Wave on 02:18 - Aug 23 with 953 viewsBicester_North

2nd Wave on 01:02 - Aug 23 by Scoot

Cancer is a relatively new disease. There's no written records of it pre the industrial revolution. If you read and understand what I put previously you would no I was making a point about the way they're now counting deaths. If you've had C19 for 4 weeks or more before it kills you they're not counting as a Covid death. Unlike every other country. Our infection rate is rising so what makes you think the death toll is shrinking? Its the way Demonic Cummings is counting deaths. Next to no one dies in 4 weeks of diagnosis, thats why he's done it that way.
In this country 1 in 6.7 people that get it have died. The worst in the world. Why do you think they would change the way of counting deaths? Its because the tories don't care about us. Just go to work, the pub, spend money, go shopping and if we lose a couple of thousand more who cares? No one will no because of the rigged count.

Brainy geezer

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

2nd Wave on 02:45 - Aug 23 with 943 viewsBison

2nd Wave on 02:18 - Aug 23 by Bicester_North

Brainy geezer

Dominic who ?

Is it still his fault ?

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

2nd Wave on 05:58 - Aug 23 with 937 viewsRon11

2nd Wave on 13:02 - Aug 21 by thissceptredsaint

Given the failure of the billions wasted now on dodgy track and trace systems contracted out to government ministers mates, I wouldn't trust simple figures of 'confirmed' cases at all.

We just don't know what is out there.

We have the highest figure in Europe, on of the highest in the world, even comparing densities of population we have failed. We have a government throwing money to their mates for mon existent safety equipment and testing systems that don't work. We were warned in 2016 about the coming storm. The conservatives chose to ignore and even cut resources to tackle this

These are the facts.

Our economy has tanked more than other G7 countries. It has tanked because it is not run correctly, it was stagnant before the pandemic and because it is structurally compromised.

And yet the money spent for no return on 'systems' and non existent equipment has been astronomic.

Meanwhile Boris is in Jockland hiding. What a cowardly lazy buffoon.

Starmer is looking at a spreadsheet of soundbites and ticking off the ones he has used. We have Bobo the clown and Magic Manager, great

Turning it into a political rant yet again.
I thought this had been stopped?
2nd Wave on 09:31 - Aug 23 with 886 viewscocklebreath

1 in 6.7 who get it are dying? That’s has to be the biggest load of sh!t I’ve ever heard on this site and remember Dune, Boris and other cockles post on here.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

2nd Wave on 12:31 - Aug 23 with 833 viewsBoris_

One in 6.7 are dying? F*cking hell just as you thought the lefty loons couldn't get any more ridiculous with your obsessive agenda driven garbage.

Show your facts that 1 in 6.7 are dying. Seeing as somewhere between 5 and 20 million people have been infected, you are suggesting that somewhere between 800,000 and 3 million have died!

You are mental mush. They have changed the way of reporting because people who were getting run over by a car were being classed as a Covid death FFS.

2nd Wave on 13:21 - Aug 23 with 801 viewsJaySaint

1 in 6.7 die from/with it

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

2nd Wave on 13:48 - Aug 23 with 790 viewsoeuf

2nd Wave on 13:21 - Aug 23 by JaySaint

1 in 6.7 die from/with it

Are you dividing the number of confirmed cases by deaths? If you are thats misleading as millions more are likely to have had it. Truth is we have idea how many have had it and thus what the real mortality rate is.
2nd Wave on 13:52 - Aug 23 with 787 viewscocklebreath

2nd Wave on 13:48 - Aug 23 by oeuf

Are you dividing the number of confirmed cases by deaths? If you are thats misleading as millions more are likely to have had it. Truth is we have idea how many have had it and thus what the real mortality rate is.

Exactly but it ant gonna 1 in 6.7 dead.

2nd Wave on 15:41 - Aug 23 with 756 viewsDorsetIan

Carl Heneghan at the Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine at Oxford has been one of the most interesting (and, to me, sensible) commentators on this pandemic.

This what his unit has had to say on fatality rates.

https://www.cebm.net/covid-19/global-covid-19-case-fatality-rates/

And before anyone bites my head off, I'm not trying to make a point one way or the other - just sharing the report.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

2nd Wave on 15:51 - Aug 23 with 748 viewscocklebreath

2nd Wave on 15:41 - Aug 23 by DorsetIan

Carl Heneghan at the Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine at Oxford has been one of the most interesting (and, to me, sensible) commentators on this pandemic.

And before anyone bites my head off, I'm not trying to make a point one way or the other - just sharing the report.

That’s confirmed cases, we all know that’s not accurate

2nd Wave on 16:45 - Aug 23 with 728 viewsKennington

General thinking is the mortality percentage of covid cases leading to death is around 2-4%, so more like 1 in 45. Of course chances of survival are better in the U.K. than somewhere like Eritrea. So a western developed world value is important rather than a global figure. Unless that is you’re moving to Eritrea.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

2nd Wave on 16:47 - Aug 23 with 726 viewsBoris_

2nd Wave on 15:41 - Aug 23 by DorsetIan

The report is based off confirmed positive tests from Worldometer. ie: it's useless.

2nd Wave on 16:48 - Aug 23 with 725 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

2nd Wave on 14:52 - Aug 22 by Boris_

What you also have Boris, is an unswerving trust in officialdom and those in charge. This is the key factor outside people being able to think for themselves and stupidity, as well as the left leaning politics which is effectively people wanting the state to look after them ie again, trust in those in power.

There is definitely a slow awakening against this though IMO

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

2nd Wave on 17:02 - Aug 23 with 719 viewsBoris_

2nd Wave on 16:48 - Aug 23 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

What you also have Boris, is an unswerving trust in officialdom and those in charge. This is the key factor outside people being able to think for themselves and stupidity, as well as the left leaning politics which is effectively people wanting the state to look after them ie again, trust in those in power.

There is definitely a slow awakening against this though IMO

I'll be honest with you here mush, I'm bored of 'debating' with the 'left leaning' muppets on here now. Most of the sensible posters on here have now left and there's just a weird little group of Soppy, Ian, 22 and Grumps with a few random new usernames who start pushing their left wing agenda from the first post so clearly a duplicate poster.

They seem to make a huge effort pushing their political opinion on people but they would all do well to remember that their political opinions aren't what the nation want, which is why they lose every single vote, every single time, whether that's a General Election or Referendum.

The bitterness is clear to see, which even pushes them in to wanting there to be as much death and destruction as possible, just so they can blame Boris.

It's pretty vile mush.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024