Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2nd Wave 12:44 - Aug 21 with 4800 viewsJaySaint

Still no sign?

No C19 in my region and has not been for weeks. Still no 2nd wave

nothing after VE day, packing out Bournemouth beach, BLM protests, going to pub, local papers shaming people / businesses who act in a normal fashion.

The economy is being systematically destroyed - yet still no 2nd wave.

You are no more likely to be stabbed to death in London, than die from C19.
Should the new slogan be - Wear a stab vest, protect the NHS, Save lives?

ever feel we've been had?
[Post edited 21 Aug 2020 12:48]

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

2nd Wave on 17:11 - Aug 23 with 1147 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

2nd Wave on 17:02 - Aug 23 by Boris_

I'll be honest with you here mush, I'm bored of 'debating' with the 'left leaning' muppets on here now. Most of the sensible posters on here have now left and there's just a weird little group of Soppy, Ian, 22 and Grumps with a few random new usernames who start pushing their left wing agenda from the first post so clearly a duplicate poster.

They seem to make a huge effort pushing their political opinion on people but they would all do well to remember that their political opinions aren't what the nation want, which is why they lose every single vote, every single time, whether that's a General Election or Referendum.

The bitterness is clear to see, which even pushes them in to wanting there to be as much death and destruction as possible, just so they can blame Boris.

It's pretty vile mush.

Yes, shame about Del, he was a good laugh, and never took anything too seriously.

If you try to be objective, anyone can see that there are a number of lies being told. What I find fascinating is that despite this, a lot of people are holding onto the BBC and the like as some form of father figure who is out to help them, and speak nothing but truth.

I am reminded of something I saw on social media last week, perhaps it was Reddit where a Chinese poster asked a genuinely truth seeking poster from the US "why do you trust your government and media so much? as we here in China stopped watching the official News years ago" I know we are not quite China just yet, but the follow up answers to that post were rather interesting,

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

2nd Wave on 17:22 - Aug 23 with 1142 viewsBoris_

2nd Wave on 17:11 - Aug 23 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Yes, shame about Del, he was a good laugh, and never took anything too seriously.

If you try to be objective, anyone can see that there are a number of lies being told. What I find fascinating is that despite this, a lot of people are holding onto the BBC and the like as some form of father figure who is out to help them, and speak nothing but truth.

I am reminded of something I saw on social media last week, perhaps it was Reddit where a Chinese poster asked a genuinely truth seeking poster from the US "why do you trust your government and media so much? as we here in China stopped watching the official News years ago" I know we are not quite China just yet, but the follow up answers to that post were rather interesting,

We have been lied to throughout this. I've never supported the government. There are some things they have done well and some things they have done terribly. I think it would have been the same with any government.

I don't read newspapers or watch news to form my opinion on Covid. I simply look at the numbers reported by the NHS.

It's naive to think that the government wouldn't lie to us but it's even more naive to think that it would be different if Labour were in charge. It is what it is.

What I find concerning is the amount of people out there using this pandemic to ram their political opinions down peoples throats. This forum is a prime example.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2020 17:24]

Poll: Claude Puel

2nd Wave on 17:26 - Aug 23 with 1136 viewsScoot

2nd Wave on 15:41 - Aug 23 by DorsetIan

Carl Heneghan at the Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine at Oxford has been one of the most interesting (and, to me, sensible) commentators on this pandemic.

This what his unit has had to say on fatality rates.

https://www.cebm.net/covid-19/global-covid-19-case-fatality-rates/

And before anyone bites my head off, I'm not trying to make a point one way or the other - just sharing the report.

By his figures its still 1 in 7.5 in the uk. My figures may be a bit out of date. https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/OZs7I9Z6MtqN these were the figures months ago before the tories fudged them.

Poll: Should NJ go?

2nd Wave on 17:32 - Aug 23 with 1128 viewsBoris_

2nd Wave on 17:26 - Aug 23 by Scoot

By his figures its still 1 in 7.5 in the uk. My figures may be a bit out of date. https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/OZs7I9Z6MtqN these were the figures months ago before the tories fudged them.

You've lost the plot. Do you realise how ridiculous you sound? You genuinely think that at least 1 million people have died in the UK?

You probably need to seek medical help yourself if you think that is true mush.

2nd Wave on 17:41 - Aug 23 with 1108 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

2nd Wave on 17:22 - Aug 23 by Boris_

We have been lied to throughout this. I've never supported the government. There are some things they have done well and some things they have done terribly. I think it would have been the same with any government.

I don't read newspapers or watch news to form my opinion on Covid. I simply look at the numbers reported by the NHS.

It's naive to think that the government wouldn't lie to us but it's even more naive to think that it would be different if Labour were in charge. It is what it is.

What I find concerning is the amount of people out there using this pandemic to ram their political opinions down peoples throats. This forum is a prime example.

The 5,500 being removed from the list is an obvious one, as is the fact that so many have died who had the virus ie died with the virus, not of the virus.

Then you have the overall death rate which was 'augmented' about 2 months ago, ie upgraded to allow for all the extra deaths not counted for the previous 3 months. I tracked the overall death rate before that on a weekly basis. The overall deaths were the second lowest compared to the previous 3 or 4 years. Those years were years where we have had a spike in flu deaths ie just like 1996 to 2000. These were official numbers, and yet there were clearly manipulated by adding on a death count and in some instances up to almost 3 months earlier. There is now a little asterix as to 'explain' the glitch. Deaths are normally recorded the same week the victim dies, not 2 or 3 months later.

Then you have cases going up ie when testing is going up, so they are not comparing percentages to testing. Strange that!

Then you have all the medical doctors making their own podcasts, and questioning the official narrative ie wearing masks etc

I must say I am surprised at people who work at Tesco, I have been randomly asking them for months what they think, and almost every single person thinks they are being lied to in a big way, or the whole thing is a hoax. These are real working class people who are thinking for themselves.

As I say, I think a few months down the line, a huge percentage of people will be questioning those in power. Starmer is as establishment as Johnson, shame people can't see it.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2020 17:47]

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

2nd Wave on 17:43 - Aug 23 with 1110 viewsoeuf

2nd Wave on 17:22 - Aug 23 by Boris_

I've read some of your posts. The theme that shines through is that anyone who disagrees with you either has a political agenda, is a lefty, or a poster with a duplicate log in. It's bizarre.

What compounds it is this sentence from you "using this pandemic to ram their political opinions down peoples throats. This forum is a prime example." That's precisely what you do.
2nd Wave on 17:46 - Aug 23 with 1101 viewsBoris_

2nd Wave on 17:43 - Aug 23 by oeuf

I've read some of your posts. The theme that shines through is that anyone who disagrees with you either has a political agenda, is a lefty, or a poster with a duplicate log in. It's bizarre.

What compounds it is this sentence from you "using this pandemic to ram their political opinions down peoples throats. This forum is a prime example." That's precisely what you do.

Funny that you're a 'brand new' poster who has joined the forum and instead of talking about football, you've jumped straight in and started pushing your left wing political opinion on people.

Why did you decide to start posting on a football forum to talk left wing politics? Bit weird, huh?

2nd Wave on 17:56 - Aug 23 with 1089 viewsoeuf

2nd Wave on 17:46 - Aug 23 by Boris_

Funny that you're a 'brand new' poster who has joined the forum and instead of talking about football, you've jumped straight in and started pushing your left wing political opinion on people.

Why did you decide to start posting on a football forum to talk left wing politics? Bit weird, huh?

There is nothing on the footy forum going on. I'm staggered though that you see me as lefty. It's utterly bizarre. I've read enough of your nonsense to understand that anyone who doesn't agree with you is a lefty. You're a strange one mate.
Login to get fewer ads

2nd Wave on 18:47 - Aug 23 with 1066 viewsDorsetIan

2nd Wave on 16:47 - Aug 23 by Boris_

The report is based off confirmed positive tests from Worldometer. ie: it's useless.

I'll drop Professor Heneghan an email to let him know.

As well as being an international man of business and generous philanthropist, I didn't realise that you were an expert epidemiologist too.

The ease and speed with which you dismiss the work of people who are working hard and in good faith to understand this virus is quite remarkable.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

2nd Wave on 19:31 - Aug 23 with 1035 viewsBoris_

Keep going lads.

2nd Wave on 20:00 - Aug 23 with 1009 viewsDorsetIan

2nd Wave on 19:31 - Aug 23 by Boris_

Keep going lads.

You keep setting them up Boris, and we'll keep tapping them in.

Fish. Barrel. You make it so easy.

2nd Wave on 20:14 - Aug 23 with 1001 viewsBoris_

2nd Wave on 20:00 - Aug 23 by DorsetIan

You keep setting them up Boris, and we'll keep tapping them in.

Fish. Barrel. You make it so easy.

I have a busy couple of weeks coming up Ian so you’ll be sad to hear that I can’t justify entertaining your politically agenda’d bed wetting so unlikely to be around.

I’m sure you, 22, Soppy, Grumpy and all of your alias accounts can cope without me.

2nd Wave on 21:01 - Aug 23 with 970 viewskernow

2nd Wave on 20:14 - Aug 23 by Boris_

I have a busy couple of weeks coming up Ian so you’ll be sad to hear that I can’t justify entertaining your politically agenda’d bed wetting so unlikely to be around.

I’m sure you, 22, Soppy, Grumpy and all of your alias accounts can cope without me.

Yeah, take a break Boris and give us all one.
2nd Wave on 21:09 - Aug 23 with 958 viewsBoris_

2nd Wave on 21:01 - Aug 23 by kernow

You can all sit in your leftie fantasy land and pretend you didn’t lose 2 General elections and a referendum, yes? 😘

2nd Wave on 21:24 - Aug 23 with 947 viewsgrumpy

2nd Wave on 21:01 - Aug 23 by kernow

2nd Wave on 21:32 - Aug 23 with 937 viewsJaySaint

back on topic, when is the deadly 2nd wave coming?

2nd Wave on 21:45 - Aug 23 with 922 viewskernow

2nd Wave on 21:09 - Aug 23 by Boris_

You can all sit in your leftie fantasy land and pretend you didn’t lose 2 General elections and a referendum, yes? 😘

We could do that or we could just get on with our lives like normal folk .
2nd Wave on 22:49 - Aug 23 with 877 viewscynicalsaint

2nd Wave on 18:41 - Aug 21 by Boris_

Why? Put some context in to your replies for a change.

More people are being diagnosed every day with cancer than are currently being diagnosed with Covid.

Which one would you prefer, if you had a choice?

go on, i'll bite.

i would opt for neither.

but cancer would probably be a function of my genetics or poor life choices (smoker, drinker etc).

Covid is a highly transmissible virus so not exclusively up to me if i get infected - that will be a function of what i choose to do and what other people / wider society choose to do.

Cancer, road deaths, drownings - absolute numbers are higher but the potential for risk to society as a whole isn't. They aren't multiplicative.

But you are smart enough to know that so not really sure what point you were trying to make,
2nd Wave on 23:03 - Aug 23 with 871 viewsDorsetIan

I shouldn't need to remind you that when Nick cracked down on 'alias accounts' it was Dune, TCM and your other like-minded crackpot friends who disappeared...

Good for you to have a break from here, I think. You have become increasingly irascible and repetitive of late. A welcome chance for you to re-charge your batteries and maybe come up with a few new lines.

2nd Wave on 00:20 - Aug 24 with 837 viewsSadoldgit

Doris, the whole planet can cope without you. Enjoy your break and see if you can get by without abusing people for a while. I know it will be tough for you, but it actually might do you some good.
2nd Wave on 09:41 - Aug 24 with 721 viewsJaySaint

spikes in certain areas.

Unsure what the link is though

2nd Wave on 09:44 - Aug 24 with 715 viewsgrumpy

2nd Wave on 09:41 - Aug 24 by JaySaint

spikes in certain areas.

Unsure what the link is though

Its all getting so boring now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024