Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Messi 20:05 - Aug 24 with 2475 viewsBlue

Apparently extremely p1ssed off with the Barca board and could be on his way out. His 'people' have made contact with City officials very recently (before Bayern humiliated them), the first time it has been this way around.

Would you like to see him in the Premier League? He's 33 now, but is still an amazing player, and the way City tend to play, he'd definitely fit in to our playing style.

I'd say there's very little chance of it actually happening, but it would be great if it did.

Still stood in the Kippax

Messi on 20:09 - Aug 24 with 2468 viewsdirk_doone

Yes, it would be good to see him in the Premier League. His wages will be astronomical though. There are very few clubs in the world, apart from City, that could afford him. PSG perhaps?
[Post edited 24 Aug 2020 20:11]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Messi on 20:19 - Aug 24 with 2452 viewsA1079

I would say many would like to see him in the PL. I guess the risk to your team or perhaps any team is that he would become the focus on and off the pitch and that could upset team dynamics. The expectations will be high if he joins any club here. It is whether he can genuinely add something to a club that is already performing at the top.

It will be a bit like when Keegan joined us. Ok, not quite the same, but when that happened I could not believe that someone like that would join Southampton. That signing pushed us on from being a club making up the numbers to one that could challenge to some degree with the best (though the gap was not as wide then between the clubs).
Messi on 20:28 - Aug 24 with 2438 viewsPatfromPoole

I think if I were Guardiola I would get two solid CB’s and forget about Messi.

The defence cost them the League last season, I feel.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Messi on 20:35 - Aug 24 with 2423 viewsBuggalugs

Heard it all before....then he signs an improved contract and gets an extra couple of hundred grand a week.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Messi on 20:54 - Aug 24 with 2399 viewsSadoldgit

Not interested. Outside of our profile.
Messi on 21:57 - Aug 24 with 2345 viewsKennington

Don’t think he’d fit Ralph’s system, so it’s a no.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Messi on 22:08 - Aug 24 with 2335 viewsBlue

Messi on 20:35 - Aug 24 by Buggalugs

Heard it all before....then he signs an improved contract and gets an extra couple of hundred grand a week.

Barcelona can't afford to give any of their players pay rises.

They are hundreds of millions in debt and it's crippling them.

Messi on 22:50 - Aug 24 with 2296 viewsKRAZYB

Has anybody thought how much damage Messi has done to Barca this season alone. He has had many moans this season. Strikes me as a power hungry player that has to have things going his way.
Login to get fewer ads

Messi on 23:12 - Aug 24 with 2279 viewsDorsetIan

If we get Bale as well, I'd take him. Otherwise, forget it.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Messi on 23:15 - Aug 24 with 2274 viewsKRAZYB

Much rather have Bale
Messi on 23:30 - Aug 24 with 2268 viewshedgeend61

600m+ release clause, 500k pw wages for thirty three year old, won't be many takers.

Guess if you could shift 14 million Messi shirts it would probably cover a two year contract, big ask though.
Messi on 23:43 - Aug 24 with 2249 viewsRonManager

Well he's told Suarez to jog on, and they've paid up the last year of his contract to kick him out the door. Looks like RK's having a good clear out.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2020 23:52]

I can remember when the internet was all fields

Messi on 19:12 - Aug 25 with 2002 viewsBlue

He has told the club he wants to leave.

Interesting.

Messi on 21:10 - Aug 25 with 1911 viewssaintwizzler

But what about FFP?

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Messi on 08:47 - Aug 26 with 1812 viewsthissceptredsaint

If this was 12 odd years ago Messi would be a typical arry signing for skate.

Sadly Messi is 33 now, the dominant football form appears to be rebranded long ball with lots of very fast running around. Messi's talents don't fit into the current winning formula. And he is damaged goods off the pitch.

Can't see many takers for him unless he is willing to take a massive drop in wages
Messi on 18:06 - Aug 27 with 1679 viewsBlue

Messi on 21:10 - Aug 25 by saintwizzler

But what about FFP?

What about it?

Messi on 18:14 - Aug 27 with 1670 viewssaintwizzler

Messi on 18:06 - Aug 27 by Blue

What about it?

You’ve just answered the question!!

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Messi on 21:32 - Aug 29 with 1487 viewsBlue

Becoming more likely to happen as each day passes.

Apparently going to 'earn' the same as our top players, KdB and Sterling, but going to given 1.5% of CFG (City Football Group) which encompasses all of the clubs owned by ADUG, City's owners.

Messi on 21:47 - Aug 29 with 1464 viewsPatfromPoole

Messi on 21:32 - Aug 29 by Blue

Becoming more likely to happen as each day passes.

Apparently going to 'earn' the same as our top players, KdB and Sterling, but going to given 1.5% of CFG (City Football Group) which encompasses all of the clubs owned by ADUG, City's owners.

How do you see Phil Foden fitting in with this, Bill?

Can’t deny it would be an amazing signing. I just don’t see it being enough to stop the Scousers, as I think their priority should be the other end of the pitch. City will always score goals with or without Messi, it’s stopping conceding them I fear they have the problem with.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Messi on 22:18 - Aug 29 with 1427 viewsBlue

Messi on 21:47 - Aug 29 by PatfromPoole

How do you see Phil Foden fitting in with this, Bill?

Can’t deny it would be an amazing signing. I just don’t see it being enough to stop the Scousers, as I think their priority should be the other end of the pitch. City will always score goals with or without Messi, it’s stopping conceding them I fear they have the problem with.

I think Foden will play a little deeper, alongside Rodri and de Bruyne in the middle of the park, with a front 3 of Sterling, Messi and Aguero.

There will be a lot more rotation, what with Mahrez, Gundogan and the new signing, Torres in contention, although there is talk of Gundogan and Mahrez going to Barca as part of a deal.

As for our defence, there's been movement on our move for Koulibaly at Napoli, so that could help us, I'd hope so at the money mentioned, too!

Messi on 08:11 - Aug 30 with 1358 viewsKennington

I know it’s Messi, but the number of saints fans that hate it when any of our players turn 30 and aren’t sold, makes me wonder what reaction Messi would get at SMS? Take Pelle, who was hardly famed for his pace was shipped out at 31 with people saying he’s past it.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024