Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ollie 13:21 - Aug 25 with 34097 viewsleedsdale

Ollie on 13:24 - Aug 30 with 5834 viewsSuddenLad

Very reassuring. Someone, however, is clearly stoking the fire with falsehoods.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2020 13:37]

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Ollie on 13:33 - Aug 30 with 5790 viewsJames1980

Ollie on 13:24 - Aug 30 by SuddenLad

Very reassuring. Someone, however, is clearly stoking the fire with falsehoods.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2020 13:37]

Excellent news, I do feel somewhat gaslit that Ollie has been off the teamsheet for the last 2 games with no explanations at the same time rumours are flying about him going elsewhere.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Ollie on 11:02 - Sep 1 with 4876 viewsrochdaleriddler

Is Andrew Tutte his replacement ?

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Ollie on 11:54 - Sep 1 with 4764 viewsAtThePeake

Ollie on 11:02 - Sep 1 by rochdaleriddler

Is Andrew Tutte his replacement ?

Tutte's been on trial at Accrington for the last few weeks by the looks of things.

Tangled up in blue.

Ollie on 13:52 - Sep 1 with 4570 viewsjonahwhereru

Thanks Fitz. No further bid for Rathbone and we are chasing 3 signings. Be interesting to see how some will be able to turn this news into a negative and at the same time kick the board. Hope we can maybe get 2 of the 3 by the end of the week.
UTD
Ollie on 17:28 - Sep 1 with 4299 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Ollie on 11:54 - Sep 1 by AtThePeake

Tutte's been on trial at Accrington for the last few weeks by the looks of things.

Good......keep him as far away from OL12 as poss!
We need SoftLad to get him signed up asap.
Ollie on 17:44 - Sep 1 with 4226 views442Dale

Ollie on 17:28 - Sep 1 by Yorkshire_Dale

Good......keep him as far away from OL12 as poss!
We need SoftLad to get him signed up asap.

Is that nickname really still necessary?! Been said before, Coleman is a successful lower league manager whose only negative on his CV is his time with us. It’s a record that certainly deserves more respect, especially when we consider he’s ended up having a better overall managerial career than Hill (so far), a manager who will rightly be thought of as our best ever.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Ollie on 17:46 - Sep 1 with 4195 viewsTVOS1907

Ollie on 17:44 - Sep 1 by 442Dale

Is that nickname really still necessary?! Been said before, Coleman is a successful lower league manager whose only negative on his CV is his time with us. It’s a record that certainly deserves more respect, especially when we consider he’s ended up having a better overall managerial career than Hill (so far), a manager who will rightly be thought of as our best ever.

Excellent question and point made about the respective records.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

Ollie on 17:47 - Sep 1 with 4210 viewskel

I was more bothered about the OL12.
Ollie on 18:05 - Sep 1 with 4115 viewsnordenblue

Depends how you define "better managerial career" I suppose,has Coleman managed in the championship yet, has he managed a club the size of either Barnsley or Bolton?
Not a big fan of either of them as a person but they've both only really done anything purely at one club.
Ollie on 18:20 - Sep 1 with 4073 views442Dale

Ollie on 18:05 - Sep 1 by nordenblue

Depends how you define "better managerial career" I suppose,has Coleman managed in the championship yet, has he managed a club the size of either Barnsley or Bolton?
Not a big fan of either of them as a person but they've both only really done anything purely at one club.

Longevity, ability to adapt and ongoing achievements on the pitch. Hill reached a point where it was getting obvious he wasn’t prepared to change the way he manages. His time at Bolton confirmed it.

It’s right to say they’ve both really only done it at one club though; Coleman remains in charge and his status appears to have gained in popularity and recognition if anything.

Ollie on 18:56 - Sep 1 with 3971 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Ollie on 18:20 - Sep 1 by 442Dale

Longevity, ability to adapt and ongoing achievements on the pitch. Hill reached a point where it was getting obvious he wasn’t prepared to change the way he manages. His time at Bolton confirmed it.

It’s right to say they’ve both really only done it at one club though; Coleman remains in charge and his status appears to have gained in popularity and recognition if anything.

The lifting of the League 2 Championship with such a high points tally was an impressive achievement for a club the size of Accy, particularly when you consider that he worked his way back up via Southport. The whole experience at Dale and Southport have obviously, much to his credit, made him stronger.
How Hill reacts to his two recent experiences at Dale and Bolton remains to be seen.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Ollie on 19:15 - Sep 1 with 3926 viewsboromat

Looking at all the footage of training today doesn't seem to be any sight of Rathbone. On a positive Dunne is seen training with the first team.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Ollie on 09:23 - Sep 2 with 3583 viewsAtThePeake

I don't think giving a football player or manager a derogatory nickname necessarily means you don't respect their achievements. As long as it's not too insulting or offensive then it's all part of poking fun at a rival IMO.

Tangled up in blue.

Ollie on 11:58 - Sep 2 with 3301 viewsdingdangblue

Ollie on 09:23 - Sep 2 by AtThePeake

I don't think giving a football player or manager a derogatory nickname necessarily means you don't respect their achievements. As long as it's not too insulting or offensive then it's all part of poking fun at a rival IMO.

Yes, Neil Warnock is well known as Colin.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Ollie on 12:50 - Sep 2 with 3146 viewsnordenblue

Ollie on 09:23 - Sep 2 by AtThePeake

Some folk are clearly very precious....
Ollie on 13:31 - Sep 2 with 3034 views442Dale

Ollie on 12:50 - Sep 2 by nordenblue

Some folk are clearly very precious....

I’m certainly not about the subject. It’s that Coleman is deserving of respect as a manager, if the nickname is commonly used (is it for him?) fair enough. There’s certainly no reason to ridicule him, that was the point.

Ollie on 15:20 - Sep 2 with 2791 viewsnordenblue

Ollie on 13:31 - Sep 2 by 442Dale

I’m certainly not about the subject. It’s that Coleman is deserving of respect as a manager, if the nickname is commonly used (is it for him?) fair enough. There’s certainly no reason to ridicule him, that was the point.

The precious comment was more aimed at the manager rather than you so apologies if you took it that way 442.

For me the respect thing has to be earnt and it should include things like conduct etc too, for that regardless of what he has/does achieve within football I'll never respect a guy who's own behaviour and ethics are polar opposite to my idea of decent.
Ollie on 16:02 - Sep 2 with 2683 views442Dale

Ollie on 15:20 - Sep 2 by nordenblue

The precious comment was more aimed at the manager rather than you so apologies if you took it that way 442.

For me the respect thing has to be earnt and it should include things like conduct etc too, for that regardless of what he has/does achieve within football I'll never respect a guy who's own behaviour and ethics are polar opposite to my idea of decent.

Nah, I’m not precious.

Unless it’s about away socks.

Ollie on 16:56 - Sep 2 with 2486 views1907

Ollie on 15:20 - Sep 2 by nordenblue

I will never forgive the guy for the way Jonah’s Dale career ended. He still had a good few years left in him at that point & our loss was very much Bradford’s gain.
Ollie on 17:36 - Sep 2 with 2361 views442Dale

Ollie on 16:56 - Sep 2 by 1907

I will never forgive the guy for the way Jonah’s Dale career ended. He still had a good few years left in him at that point & our loss was very much Bradford’s gain.

Don’t get me wrong, Coleman hasn’t been the nicest bloke in the world nor are his choices on the touchline the best. He does seem to have mellowed a bit though.

Jones himself wasn’t very critical of Coleman on that podcast that was posted on here. Think he has since accepted it as part of football, though that might be because he realised it was the best thing to happen to him as a player with what he achieved at Bradford!

Ollie on 18:16 - Sep 2 with 2256 viewsSalegraham

Ollie on 13:31 - Sep 2 by 442Dale

Speaking of Stanley see they've signed a scally named
Scully
[Post edited 2 Sep 2020 18:18]
Ollie on 18:58 - Sep 2 with 2121 viewsrichfoad32

Ollie on 18:16 - Sep 2 by Salegraham

Scully

Was it from Scunny?
Ollie on 22:24 - Sep 2 with 1890 viewsSalegraham

Ollie on 18:58 - Sep 2 by richfoad32

Was it from Scunny?

From that area of scouseland called Norwich or should that be Northwich ?
Ollie on 22:41 - Sep 2 with 1852 viewsDaleiLama

Ollie on 18:16 - Sep 2 by Salegraham

Scully

To be paired with a Fox called Mulder?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024