Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ollie 13:21 - Aug 25 with 34095 viewsleedsdale

Ollie on 21:08 - Aug 28 with 4770 views442Dale

Ollie on 21:02 - Aug 28 by pioneer

Nothing to stop them announcing the overall package is there. Just brings a bit more transparency for fans.

It’s become a business deal like most things. There’s nothing stopping them but the complicated nature of contracts and the move towards add-ons taking more significance, is clearly going to mean that more often than not fees are undisclosed. It’s certainly not just a Dale thing so little point in criticising individual clubs anymore.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Ollie on 21:19 - Aug 28 with 4714 viewsTVOS1907

Ollie on 21:02 - Aug 28 by pioneer

Nothing to stop them announcing the overall package is there. Just brings a bit more transparency for fans.

Apart from all the legalities and terms and conditions surrounding such deals in what are, after all, private business transactions.

If you're a shareholder, you will probably be able to see a little more detail.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Ollie on 21:24 - Aug 28 with 4713 viewsJames1980

Ollie on 21:08 - Aug 28 by 442Dale

It’s become a business deal like most things. There’s nothing stopping them but the complicated nature of contracts and the move towards add-ons taking more significance, is clearly going to mean that more often than not fees are undisclosed. It’s certainly not just a Dale thing so little point in criticising individual clubs anymore.

Clubs could say, Player R signed for an initial fee of £X payable in installments over so many years. Plus add ons including appearance bonuses, international call ups and a percentage of future transfers.

If they are legally allowed to of course
[Post edited 28 Aug 2020 21:25]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Ollie on 21:36 - Aug 28 with 4673 views442Dale

Ollie on 21:24 - Aug 28 by James1980

Clubs could say, Player R signed for an initial fee of £X payable in installments over so many years. Plus add ons including appearance bonuses, international call ups and a percentage of future transfers.

If they are legally allowed to of course
[Post edited 28 Aug 2020 21:25]

They could and you can see why fans across the game would appreciate that transparency but it’s obviously something that’s happening less and less. We don’t have to like it, but there’s plenty of things about modern football that aren’t as they were much to the detriment of its enjoyment.

Ollie on 06:35 - Aug 29 with 4349 viewspioneer

Ollie on 21:19 - Aug 28 by TVOS1907

Apart from all the legalities and terms and conditions surrounding such deals in what are, after all, private business transactions.

If you're a shareholder, you will probably be able to see a little more detail.

Just about everything is private....as we know with the premier league and football league refusing permission to certain parts of the media to publish fixture lists.

If they want to engage with their ‘customers’ more they can choose to do this even if they dont legally have to
Ollie on 08:54 - Aug 29 with 4211 views442Dale

Ollie on 06:35 - Aug 29 by pioneer

Just about everything is private....as we know with the premier league and football league refusing permission to certain parts of the media to publish fixture lists.

If they want to engage with their ‘customers’ more they can choose to do this even if they dont legally have to

But if other clubs/agents all wish contract details to remain undisclosed and deals have that written into them, there’s not going to be much focus on changing that and risk the move falling through. In the grand scheme of things, giving fans that info doesn’t matter much anymore. That’s the way the game has gone.

Same with fixture lists, the deals will be in place with certain platforms to provide the info. It’s not great, but it won’t ever change now. Money is involved.

Ollie on 10:27 - Aug 29 with 4038 viewsD_Alien

Much of the secrecy (or privacy) surrounding transfer fees has come about after the Bosman ruling

Prior to that, it was a matter of good publicity for clubs to be advertising fees, on both sides of the deal. It's understandable what pioneer is getting at, and to some extent i agree. The corollary though was that players were treated like commodities, to be bartered with sometimes not much choice in the matter

Whether its better now from an 'entertainment' point of view is doubtful, but it's much better for the players as individuals being in control of their labour

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Ollie on 10:38 - Aug 29 with 4006 viewsJames1980

What makes a mockery of the whole undisclosed fees approach is the amount of times the figure gets leaked. Although I imagine a lot of the time that is just unsubstantiated rumours.

Login to get fewer ads

Ollie on 11:25 - Aug 29 with 3913 viewsTVOS1907

Ollie on 06:35 - Aug 29 by pioneer

Fixture lists don't involve private (and personal) transactions involving thousands/millions of pounds!

Nor are they private; you can find them virtually everywhere.

You can sync them to your phone calendar for free in a process that takes less than a minute. You can find them on the BBC website, or official club website or virtually every other website that has paid the fee for the licence.

It's not really comparable to the issue at hand.

The bottom line is that if one or both of the clubs involved requests the fee to remain undisclosed, then it will do. And, as per 442's link, it's the norm nowadays whether people like it or not.

Ollie on 12:14 - Aug 29 with 3825 viewsrkershaw

Ollie on 11:25 - Aug 29 by TVOS1907

Fixture lists don't involve private (and personal) transactions involving thousands/millions of pounds!

Nor are they private; you can find them virtually everywhere.

You can sync them to your phone calendar for free in a process that takes less than a minute. You can find them on the BBC website, or official club website or virtually every other website that has paid the fee for the licence.

It's not really comparable to the issue at hand.

The bottom line is that if one or both of the clubs involved requests the fee to remain undisclosed, then it will do. And, as per 442's link, it's the norm nowadays whether people like it or not.

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1044782679?-1906:1007
Ollie on 14:33 - Aug 29 with 3654 viewsboromat

Rathbone doesn't appear in the team posted by the club for today.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Ollie on 14:45 - Aug 29 with 3599 viewsDaleiLama

Ollie on 14:33 - Aug 29 by boromat

Rathbone doesn't appear in the team posted by the club for today.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Ollie on 14:52 - Aug 29 with 3560 viewslyberoc

insideEFL
@InsideEFLNEWS
·
Aug 25
#hullcity transfer news | Ollie Rathbone bid has believed to have been accepted by Rochdale | 4 year contact has been offered to the player, deal likely to be done within the next week
Ollie on 14:55 - Aug 29 with 3539 viewsBrierls

Not in the squad to face Port Vale. He’s either been sold, or his head isn’t in the right place after the Hull bids, which means he’ll be sold.

Can’t wait for this season.
Ollie on 16:10 - Aug 29 with 3339 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Ollie on 14:55 - Aug 29 by Brierls

Not in the squad to face Port Vale. He’s either been sold, or his head isn’t in the right place after the Hull bids, which means he’ll be sold.

How many points did Southend manage last season again???

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Ollie on 16:15 - Aug 29 with 3307 views442Dale

He could be injured of course. That’s often been the case throughout his time at the club.

Ollie on 16:15 - Aug 29 with 3313 viewsNorthernDale

The way things are being run, we could be down by Christmas, our squad is embarrassing thin and downright poor and if Rathbone as been sold, then it makes things worse. Mr B approach is so shortsighted it is shocking, managing the books is fine, but when the team is so weak that you cannot compete and win any games, this will hit the Dales finances long-term.
Ollie on 16:57 - Aug 29 with 3169 viewsMass_Debater

Ollie on 16:15 - Aug 29 by NorthernDale

The way things are being run, we could be down by Christmas, our squad is embarrassing thin and downright poor and if Rathbone as been sold, then it makes things worse. Mr B approach is so shortsighted it is shocking, managing the books is fine, but when the team is so weak that you cannot compete and win any games, this will hit the Dales finances long-term.

No shit
Ollie on 17:16 - Aug 29 with 3040 viewsDalenet

Ollie on 14:55 - Aug 29 by Brierls

Real fans will get behind the team though
Ollie on 18:29 - Aug 29 with 2824 viewsrkershaw

Ollie on 17:16 - Aug 29 by Dalenet

BBMs' BARMY ARMY!! 👏👏👏👏
Ollie on 18:41 - Aug 29 with 2766 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Ollie on 17:16 - Aug 29 by Dalenet

No, real fans will question why we are a week away from our first competitive fixture and we don’t have a centre forward, it’s so bad that Calvin would be classed as our main threat if we resigned him.

Real fans would be asking what the hell is going on with our board allowing our CEO (completely egotistical orifice) to keep spouting how skint we are and how hard everything is going to be this season. I question his ability to be in charge of the day to day running of a football club.

Real fans will question why we have no money and why where it has all gone, has our genius CEO sold off sell on clauses, it would not shock me. Real fans will also question why CD was hounded out of the club and by who for what reason.

Real fans will question how much it cost to get rid of KH and CB, and if their was a clause in Keith’s contract RE sell ons, how much this has cost us. If he had a 10% on any profits on players he brought in, developed or gave their first competitive start to, then we could well have had to pay near a million quid to get them out!

Real fans might also be asking why the club only really comes out with statements when they want something, in response to criticism (Hendo for example) or when finances are questioned, they then talk about being skint, Hendo was offered a contract (what happened there god knows) and talk about lost income, not lost profit, whilst trying to bullshit the figures.

Real fans will now have recognised that something is very very wrong. We are not bURY as their moron chairman was overly ambitious, ambition and our board is not something you can say in the same sentence.

I mentioned most of this in my something is rotten thread over a month ago. Have a read through it again and stop burying your head in the sand, those that are. We need proper answers as to what is going on not pre vetted, hidden behind confidentiality clauses lies.

UP The Dale, Bottomley Out!!!

Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Ollie on 18:47 - Aug 29 with 2742 views442Dale

Rochdale fans wouldn’t use the words “real fans” because it’s divisive nonsense.

Ollie on 18:58 - Aug 29 with 2694 viewsJames1980

Ollie on 18:47 - Aug 29 by 442Dale

Rochdale fans wouldn’t use the words “real fans” because it’s divisive nonsense.

Whenever I see 'Real fans' my brain fills in Madrid

Ollie on 22:11 - Aug 29 with 2352 viewsTVOS1907

Ollie on 18:41 - Aug 29 by Thacks_Rabbits

No, real fans will question why we are a week away from our first competitive fixture and we don’t have a centre forward, it’s so bad that Calvin would be classed as our main threat if we resigned him.

Real fans would be asking what the hell is going on with our board allowing our CEO (completely egotistical orifice) to keep spouting how skint we are and how hard everything is going to be this season. I question his ability to be in charge of the day to day running of a football club.

Real fans will question why we have no money and why where it has all gone, has our genius CEO sold off sell on clauses, it would not shock me. Real fans will also question why CD was hounded out of the club and by who for what reason.

Real fans will question how much it cost to get rid of KH and CB, and if their was a clause in Keith’s contract RE sell ons, how much this has cost us. If he had a 10% on any profits on players he brought in, developed or gave their first competitive start to, then we could well have had to pay near a million quid to get them out!

Real fans might also be asking why the club only really comes out with statements when they want something, in response to criticism (Hendo for example) or when finances are questioned, they then talk about being skint, Hendo was offered a contract (what happened there god knows) and talk about lost income, not lost profit, whilst trying to bullshit the figures.

Real fans will now have recognised that something is very very wrong. We are not bURY as their moron chairman was overly ambitious, ambition and our board is not something you can say in the same sentence.

I mentioned most of this in my something is rotten thread over a month ago. Have a read through it again and stop burying your head in the sand, those that are. We need proper answers as to what is going on not pre vetted, hidden behind confidentiality clauses lies.

UP The Dale, Bottomley Out!!!

"Real fans"

Really?

Ollie on 23:25 - Aug 29 with 2134 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Ollie on 22:11 - Aug 29 by TVOS1907

"Real fans"

Really?

I class anyone who follows and supports Rochdale a real fan TVOS. My point was in response to the “Real” comment made a few posts back.

Every one of us should be questioning what is going on currently!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024