Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ollie 13:21 - Aug 25 with 34094 viewsleedsdale

Ollie on 22:17 - Aug 27 with 3096 viewsTVOS1907

Ollie on 22:10 - Aug 27 by judd

If we think we can rely on comparisons with prices of other clubs then we should look beyond L1.
If we want to grow and sustain attendances then price will always be an issue.
After the promotion you mention we then went on to a series of fantastic seasons of top half finishes and had to slash prices in order to attract more sales.
Sadly this town has consistently shat on those prepared to run the club and guarantee professional football over the years, but to now revert to more price increases which have clearly failed in recent years is bad business, in my opinion. It's taken the wrong direction.

Like you say, it's going to be hard to measure in the current climate.

Personally, I would have gradually increased prices by, say, around £20 per season (less than £1 per game), but then maybe that would have led to some dissention.

I think our season ticket prices are very fair for the level we play at. Halifax, for example, are charging adults £299 for the whole season, a rise of £100 on last term.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Ollie on 22:28 - Aug 27 with 3052 viewsjudd

Ollie on 22:17 - Aug 27 by TVOS1907

Like you say, it's going to be hard to measure in the current climate.

Personally, I would have gradually increased prices by, say, around £20 per season (less than £1 per game), but then maybe that would have led to some dissention.

I think our season ticket prices are very fair for the level we play at. Halifax, for example, are charging adults £299 for the whole season, a rise of £100 on last term.

With the greatest of respect Halifax are not competing for Dale fans and hence my stance on the irrelevance of other football club pricing at our levels.

We find ourselves without a USP now and have fallen back on the traditional reliance on a core of diehards.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Ollie on 22:34 - Aug 27 with 3035 viewsTVOS1907

Ollie on 22:28 - Aug 27 by judd

With the greatest of respect Halifax are not competing for Dale fans and hence my stance on the irrelevance of other football club pricing at our levels.

We find ourselves without a USP now and have fallen back on the traditional reliance on a core of diehards.

Re. Halifax, no, but it supports my point of our season tickets giving good value for money in terms of cost per game two divisions higher up the pyramid, rather than anything of wider relevance.

Ollie on 22:38 - Aug 27 with 3021 viewsjudd

Ollie on 22:34 - Aug 27 by TVOS1907

Re. Halifax, no, but it supports my point of our season tickets giving good value for money in terms of cost per game two divisions higher up the pyramid, rather than anything of wider relevance.

It does but given normality would only be comparative in terms of assessing attendances.

People will generally only pay for what they perceive as value for money.

Ollie on 22:41 - Aug 27 with 3011 viewsTVOS1907

Ollie on 22:38 - Aug 27 by judd

It does but given normality would only be comparative in terms of assessing attendances.

People will generally only pay for what they perceive as value for money.

Where I've been today wasn't!

Ollie on 22:43 - Aug 27 with 3003 viewsjudd

Ollie on 22:41 - Aug 27 by TVOS1907

Where I've been today wasn't!

You're not going once a fortnight!

Ollie on 22:44 - Aug 27 with 3001 viewsD_Alien

An interesting debate, and with tomorrow being payday for many, the number of SCs sold by Saturday evening will pretty much tell us where we're at

There's probably too many other factors influencing people's buying decisions this time round. Price will certainly be one of them, but i don't think it'll be the most important one; the unknowability of how many games might remain open to attendance and fear of mixing in public spaces amongst others

Our "core of diehards" might be an even more apt description than usual...

[Post edited 27 Aug 2020 22:47]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Ollie on 22:46 - Aug 27 with 2988 viewsTVOS1907

Ollie on 22:43 - Aug 27 by judd

You're not going once a fortnight!

I'm not going again!

Login to get fewer ads

Ollie on 22:52 - Aug 27 with 2957 viewsjudd

Ollie on 22:44 - Aug 27 by D_Alien

An interesting debate, and with tomorrow being payday for many, the number of SCs sold by Saturday evening will pretty much tell us where we're at

There's probably too many other factors influencing people's buying decisions this time round. Price will certainly be one of them, but i don't think it'll be the most important one; the unknowability of how many games might remain open to attendance and fear of mixing in public spaces amongst others

Our "core of diehards" might be an even more apt description than usual...

[Post edited 27 Aug 2020 22:47]

Maybe corps, I dunno.

Ollie on 23:00 - Aug 27 with 2935 viewsTVOS1907

Ollie on 22:52 - Aug 27 by judd

Maybe corps, I dunno.

Callum Corps

Ollie on 16:09 - Aug 28 with 2469 viewsIOMDale

According to Sky Sports’ Transfer Centre (no prizes for guessing who provides their information), Hull have made a ‘third and final bid’ for Ollie.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2020 17:10]

UTDNFS

Ollie on 17:02 - Aug 28 with 2279 viewsChaffRAFC

Ollie on 16:09 - Aug 28 by IOMDale

According to Sky Sports’ Transfer Centre (no prizes for guessing who provides their information), Hull have made a ‘third and final bid’ for Ollie.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2020 17:10]

If, and it's a big if, we can do a deal for Rathbone that allows us to bring this Jake Doyle-Hayes, a striker and a left back in, then we should be looking to do business.

As much as I'm a huge fan of Rathbone, other areas are a lot more vital.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Ollie on 17:18 - Aug 28 with 2220 viewsisitme

Ollie on 17:02 - Aug 28 by ChaffRAFC

If, and it's a big if, we can do a deal for Rathbone that allows us to bring this Jake Doyle-Hayes, a striker and a left back in, then we should be looking to do business.

As much as I'm a huge fan of Rathbone, other areas are a lot more vital.

If you perm two from Lund/Ryan/Morley and Newby plays where Camps did last season Rathbone could perhaps be sacrificed for a better striker(s) without significantly weakening the squad. Especially if you say Doyle-Hayes could add to midfield depth.
Ollie on 17:30 - Aug 28 with 2179 viewsNorthernDale

Would we be surprised if it was announced next week that the Dale had accepted an undisclosed bid for Rathbone.

The question is would the money and wages be invested in the team or banked to cover the expected losses, because we all accept that we need a left back and at least two decent strikers, and even another central defender. I would not be surprised Dale sign Jack Doyle-Hayes (if the rumours are true and he is on trial) and he was brought in on trial with the expectation of Rathbone going.
Ollie on 17:34 - Aug 28 with 2163 viewsNorthernDale

I meant Jake Doyle-Hayes,, but apparently another post suggests that the rumour of his trial may not be true.
Ollie on 17:40 - Aug 28 with 2139 viewsTVOS1907

Ollie on 17:30 - Aug 28 by NorthernDale

Would we be surprised if it was announced next week that the Dale had accepted an undisclosed bid for Rathbone.

The question is would the money and wages be invested in the team or banked to cover the expected losses, because we all accept that we need a left back and at least two decent strikers, and even another central defender. I would not be surprised Dale sign Jack Doyle-Hayes (if the rumours are true and he is on trial) and he was brought in on trial with the expectation of Rathbone going.

Can you remember the last time any club anywhere announced a fee that wasn't undisclosed?

And rumoured fees don't count.

Ollie on 17:44 - Aug 28 with 2122 viewsdawlishdale

Ollie on 17:40 - Aug 28 by TVOS1907

Can you remember the last time any club anywhere announced a fee that wasn't undisclosed?

And rumoured fees don't count.

Err how about today?

Ebere Eze has joined Crystal Palace from QPR for £20m. It's been on Sky news all afternoon !!!
Ollie on 17:51 - Aug 28 with 2094 viewsTVOS1907

Ollie on 17:44 - Aug 28 by dawlishdale

Err how about today?

Ebere Eze has joined Crystal Palace from QPR for £20m. It's been on Sky news all afternoon !!!

I haven't had the TV on all day. Might stick it on for the cricket.

It's a rarity that fees are announced nowadays, though.

EDIT: QPR use the words 'undisclosed fee' - https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/ebere-eze-joins-crystal-palace/
[Post edited 28 Aug 2020 17:54]

Ollie on 19:22 - Aug 28 with 1884 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Ollie on 17:51 - Aug 28 by TVOS1907

I haven't had the TV on all day. Might stick it on for the cricket.

It's a rarity that fees are announced nowadays, though.

EDIT: QPR use the words 'undisclosed fee' - https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/ebere-eze-joins-crystal-palace/
[Post edited 28 Aug 2020 17:54]

Buying clubs often release the fee paid, as it shows ambition and encourages attendance, season ticket sales, merchandise sales etc.

Likewise some clubs selling players are happy to disclose sale prices if it suits them and generally if they are not looking to sign other players. Fans will accept that for example Brentford got a very good price for Scott when they sold him on.

Other clubs love the undisclosed sale as they believe it stays secret and stops clubs asking more for their players, of course anyone in football could find out fairly easily, the information generally gets leaked eventually.

The main reason for keeping prices undisclosed is when a club flogs off a quality player for less than his perceived value in the fans eyes, because someone has dropped an almighty bollock at boardroom level and they need to sell! They want to keep the price secret for a reason, normally undisclosed means less than we want to publish!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Ollie on 19:56 - Aug 28 with 1780 views442Dale

Ollie on 19:22 - Aug 28 by Thacks_Rabbits

Buying clubs often release the fee paid, as it shows ambition and encourages attendance, season ticket sales, merchandise sales etc.

Likewise some clubs selling players are happy to disclose sale prices if it suits them and generally if they are not looking to sign other players. Fans will accept that for example Brentford got a very good price for Scott when they sold him on.

Other clubs love the undisclosed sale as they believe it stays secret and stops clubs asking more for their players, of course anyone in football could find out fairly easily, the information generally gets leaked eventually.

The main reason for keeping prices undisclosed is when a club flogs off a quality player for less than his perceived value in the fans eyes, because someone has dropped an almighty bollock at boardroom level and they need to sell! They want to keep the price secret for a reason, normally undisclosed means less than we want to publish!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/transfers

Quick look indicates 13 transfers with fees announced. None to clubs lower than Championship.

60+ undisclosed fees.

Safe to say the main reason is not because they’re selling for less than what fans perceive a player is worth, but more because it’s so common now as the deals are so full of various details that the fee is only part of it.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2020 19:58]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Ollie on 20:06 - Aug 28 with 1748 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Ollie on 19:56 - Aug 28 by 442Dale

Quick look indicates 13 transfers with fees announced. None to clubs lower than Championship.

60+ undisclosed fees.

Safe to say the main reason is not because they’re selling for less than what fans perceive a player is worth, but more because it’s so common now as the deals are so full of various details that the fee is only part of it.

Certainly the sell on, appearance fees etc have a huge influence, totally agree, but nothing stops the initial or guaranteed fee being stated.

I may be incorrect but was Luke’s transfer fee not disclosed?

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Ollie on 20:15 - Aug 28 with 1721 views442Dale

Ollie on 20:06 - Aug 28 by Thacks_Rabbits

Certainly the sell on, appearance fees etc have a huge influence, totally agree, but nothing stops the initial or guaranteed fee being stated.

I may be incorrect but was Luke’s transfer fee not disclosed?

Probably. Most fees are. As noted.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Ollie on 20:21 - Aug 28 with 1696 viewsisitme

Ollie on 19:56 - Aug 28 by 442Dale

60+ undisclosed fees.

That is true. As I illustrated to James the other day what fee would you announce when you have no idea what the final fee will be? There was no official announcement of the fee received for Luke. I suspect the initial fee would be a small part of the overall package, although how much the add ons will generate is anyone's guess.
Ollie on 21:01 - Aug 28 with 1580 viewsJames1980

Ollie on 20:21 - Aug 28 by isitme

That is true. As I illustrated to James the other day what fee would you announce when you have no idea what the final fee will be? There was no official announcement of the fee received for Luke. I suspect the initial fee would be a small part of the overall package, although how much the add ons will generate is anyone's guess.

Although the rumours were Wolves paid 1 million for Luke, from what you kindly explained it was unlikely they transferred £1million the day he signed.

Back to Ollie if he doesn't play in the friendly against Vale,that will be a concern. If he is injured or needs to be tested already that doesn't bode well for the coming season. If BBM has been told to wrap him in bubble wrap ready to be sold, let's hope we get a decent price for him.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Ollie on 21:02 - Aug 28 with 1576 viewspioneer

Ollie on 20:21 - Aug 28 by isitme

Nothing to stop them announcing the overall package is there. Just brings a bit more transparency for fans.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024