Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is anyone as concerned as I am? 07:58 - Sep 11 with 2277 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

Aug 2020 - The spasm of vigilante violence takes place at the intersection of several Towns & Cities in American. Sales of guns have gone through the roof - even if you are able to buy one it is so very easy! I feel that very - very soon they will .... BOUND TO END IN A BLOODBATH S SHOOTINGS? Never mind black lifes matters --- surly ---- ALL LIVES MATTER?

Poll: As a Saint's supporter I Feel Southampton F.C. Public Relations Department is -

Is anyone as concerned as I am? on 08:20 - Sep 11 with 1555 viewsarfurdent

this is what happens when there are only repeats on TV

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Is anyone as concerned as I am? on 08:56 - Sep 11 with 1529 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

Is anyone as concerned as I am? on 08:20 - Sep 11 by arfurdent

this is what happens when there are only repeats on TV

Disappointed with your comment - so you're not concerned that from the pictures on the news this week when so many vigilantes/people were seen baring arms on the streets of America - it will not take much to end in one bloodbath - then for reprisals to be sort in other towns & Cities ending in many innocent people loosing their lives? The only positive - It MAYBE that this brings the American congress - to pass a " Ban all guns law ".

Poll: As a Saint's supporter I Feel Southampton F.C. Public Relations Department is -

Is anyone as concerned as I am? on 09:10 - Sep 11 with 1503 viewsWaylander

Is anyone as concerned as I am? on 08:56 - Sep 11 by A_Saint_in_Stoke

Disappointed with your comment - so you're not concerned that from the pictures on the news this week when so many vigilantes/people were seen baring arms on the streets of America - it will not take much to end in one bloodbath - then for reprisals to be sort in other towns & Cities ending in many innocent people loosing their lives? The only positive - It MAYBE that this brings the American congress - to pass a " Ban all guns law ".

More chance of me being elected Pope than the USA banning all guns.
Is anyone as concerned as I am? on 09:30 - Sep 11 with 1481 viewsDorsetIan

I agree ASIS, the US seems to be getting more and more mental when it comes to guns. I have a couple of friends in LA and they still seem to be quite sane and going about their lives as normal (subject to Covid restrictions of course) so I don't think the entire society there has entirely broken down just yet. Where flashpoints arise, however, it is all looking very polarised and ugly.

From what I read, Trump knows that he is on the backfoot over his handling of Covid and the huge number of Covid deaths in the US, so he is trying to make 'law and order' the centrepiece of his campaign. He's not doing that by calling for calm and asking everyone to get along - he's doing that by attacking the protestors, sending in the troops etc and this, I think, is encouraging the vigilantes.

I'm not going to be visiting the US any time soon.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Is anyone as concerned as I am? on 12:48 - Sep 11 with 1323 viewsSadoldgit

Given the Americans love of guns and despatching Presidents with them, I am amazed that no one has lodged a bullet between Trump’s ears yet. Mind you, his supporters are precisely the type of people who would do it, so he is probably very safe.
Is anyone as concerned as I am? on 13:30 - Sep 11 with 1288 viewsRednWight

Is anyone as concerned as I am? on 12:48 - Sep 11 by Sadoldgit

Given the Americans love of guns and despatching Presidents with them, I am amazed that no one has lodged a bullet between Trump’s ears yet. Mind you, his supporters are precisely the type of people who would do it, so he is probably very safe.

I think there is enough room for a bullet between Trumps ears without causing any damage

The older I get the better I was
Poll: Cortese. Would we have him back

Is anyone as concerned as I am? on 13:50 - Sep 11 with 1270 viewsSaintsforeverj

America is an example of extreme opposites and is extremely divided. A lot more so than the UK. When I was over there, I saw people eat huge amounts from buffets in restaurants, when many homeless were just outside with nothing. Vastly more homeless than here. It was rediculously noticeable.

One of the kids needed a prescription drug from the doctor. The visit to the doctor and the prescription cost a total of 840 pounds equivalent. We claimed it back of course on insurance but what a rediculous amount for health care. We are so lucky to have our NHS.

Whilst the huge cars fill the roads, and the best fireworks fire over Disney land, there are literally people dieing of illness because they can't afford health care. When in restaurants, the staff whispered about being on equivalent 3 or 4 pounds an hour. They were scared that the boss would hear. People all on edge, carrying their own guns too. A lot of major problems in America, which you can easily see, if you look under the surface.

Not sure what the answer is. They had a black president. That hasn't solved anything. There did seem to be some under the surface racism over there, far more obvious than here. They need to sort out the gun laws I think, but I was glad to get back to the UK after visiting America. Not sure I would want to go again.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2020 13:53]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Is anyone as concerned as I am? on 14:14 - Sep 11 with 1234 viewsJaySaint

Is anyone as concerned as I am? on 12:48 - Sep 11 by Sadoldgit

Why are you surprised no one has off'd him?

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Login to get fewer ads

Is anyone as concerned as I am? on 14:22 - Sep 11 with 1225 viewsarfurdent

The USA is an independant state with their own laws and customs. It is their choice how the govern themselves and behave. They vote for the governance they want. They are also very good at exporting their view of how the world should behave.

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Is anyone as concerned as I am? on 17:26 - Sep 11 with 1084 viewsSadoldgit

Is anyone as concerned as I am? on 14:14 - Sep 11 by JaySaint

Why are you surprised no one has off'd him?

As I said, the sort of people who would carry out an assassination are precisely the type of people who support him, so he is probably going to be ok in that regard.
Is anyone as concerned as I am? on 17:31 - Sep 11 with 1083 viewsgeezershoong1

The riots in the US will only stop when Trump is out if office - that's all it's about.

Poll: England are playing tonight - would you rather...

Is anyone as concerned as I am? on 18:11 - Sep 11 with 1020 viewsJaySaint

Is anyone as concerned as I am? on 17:26 - Sep 11 by Sadoldgit

As I said, the sort of people who would carry out an assassination are precisely the type of people who support him, so he is probably going to be ok in that regard.

why would anyone off him?

Is anyone as concerned as I am? on 18:26 - Sep 11 with 1000 viewsTimSaint

I am CONCERNED that you feel the need to put this topic under the FOOTBALL category on this forum.

TimSaint

Is anyone as concerned as I am? on 18:29 - Sep 11 with 996 viewsJaySaint

Is anyone as concerned as I am? on 18:26 - Sep 11 by TimSaint

I am CONCERNED that you feel the need to put this topic under the FOOTBALL category on this forum.

fair one.

Must be one of the mental's multiple log-ons

Is anyone as concerned as I am? on 18:45 - Sep 11 with 969 viewsSadoldgit

Is anyone as concerned as I am? on 18:11 - Sep 11 by JaySaint

Why would anyone off Lincoln? Why would anybody off Kennedy?
Is anyone as concerned as I am? on 19:20 - Sep 11 with 938 viewsJaySaint

Is anyone as concerned as I am? on 18:45 - Sep 11 by Sadoldgit

Why would anyone off Lincoln? Why would anybody off Kennedy?

not really answering the question

why would anyone off trump in 2020?

Is anyone as concerned as I am? on 19:24 - Sep 11 with 929 viewsSadoldgit

Is anyone as concerned as I am? on 19:20 - Sep 11 by JaySaint

not really answering the question

why would anyone off trump in 2020?

Because they missed their chance in 2019?
Is anyone as concerned as I am? on 19:28 - Sep 11 with 925 viewsJaySaint

Is anyone as concerned as I am? on 19:24 - Sep 11 by Sadoldgit

Because they missed their chance in 2019?

what has he done to deserve to be off'd?

quite a simple question if you are suggesting it is a possibility?

Is anyone as concerned as I am? on 19:29 - Sep 11 with 925 viewscocklebreath

Is anyone as concerned as I am? on 18:11 - Sep 11 by JaySaint

Because he’s an utter c&nt who has no respect for anyone or anything, he sexually abuses women, uses his power and money to do whatever he likes, you do strike me as the kind of chap who thinks it’s all quite funny.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Is anyone as concerned as I am? on 19:30 - Sep 11 with 921 viewsJaySaint

Is anyone as concerned as I am? on 19:29 - Sep 11 by cocklebreath

Because he’s an utter c&nt who has no respect for anyone or anything, he sexually abuses women, uses his power and money to do whatever he likes, you do strike me as the kind of chap who thinks it’s all quite funny.

what has he done that deserves death?

go on....tell us

Is anyone as concerned as I am? on 19:38 - Sep 11 with 905 viewscocklebreath

Is anyone as concerned as I am? on 19:30 - Sep 11 by JaySaint

go on....tell us

Anyone as ugly as him deserves to be put out of there misery, his wife probably sticks a needle in her arm every night to ease the pain.
Do you quite like the chap? Do you like the way he sticks up for his country endearing, a bit like our glorious leader?

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Is anyone as concerned as I am? on 19:46 - Sep 11 with 892 viewsJaySaint

Is anyone as concerned as I am? on 19:38 - Sep 11 by cocklebreath

Anyone as ugly as him deserves to be put out of there misery, his wife probably sticks a needle in her arm every night to ease the pain.
Do you quite like the chap? Do you like the way he sticks up for his country endearing, a bit like our glorious leader?

Righto

Thanks for sharing

Is anyone as concerned as I am? on 20:05 - Sep 11 with 865 viewsSaintsforeverj

Is anyone as concerned as I am? on 18:26 - Sep 11 by TimSaint

I am concerned that you think it is any of your business. You are not the site owner, so it's nothing to do with you. This thread has got a lot of replies, so people are obviously enjoying it and want to discuss, as well as the other 75% of non related football threads. Take it up with the site owner and tell him your concerns.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Is anyone as concerned as I am? on 20:13 - Sep 11 with 844 viewsBridders2

Is anyone as concerned as I am? on 20:05 - Sep 11 by Saintsforeverj

I am concerned that you think it is any of your business. You are not the site owner, so it's nothing to do with you. This thread has got a lot of replies, so people are obviously enjoying it and want to discuss, as well as the other 75% of non related football threads. Take it up with the site owner and tell him your concerns.

'Always look on the bright side of life ...'
Is anyone as concerned as I am? on 20:16 - Sep 11 with 836 viewsSadoldgit

Is anyone as concerned as I am? on 19:30 - Sep 11 by JaySaint

go on....tell us

I think that you are missing the point Jay. The Americans have assassinated Presidents who mist sane people were say were good men doing good things for their country. You must admit that many people would say that it is somewhat ironic that a bad man who I s not doing good things for his country has not been taken out.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024