Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NFL also starts this week 08:35 - Sep 13 with 9579 viewsNigeriamark

For those that are interested, the NFL starts this week ( The Chiefs won the Thursday night opener). I'm predicting an 8-8 season for my team the Browns & reckon this is the season where Mayfield proves he is not just all hype, or shows he's not a genuine starter. Needs to focus on the game rather than earning money from adverts and shooting his mouth off as though he's the biggest star in the game. I fear he will show he's not what he was cracked up to be

KC looked very good in their opener with the new running back ( Edwards-Helaire) already adding to an amazing team. Baring injuries it's hard to see past them for the Super Bowl although anything can happen once it reaches the knockout/play off stages

Will the Ravens get stronger? Who else will challenge? Should be a good season. Interesting that 6 teams are allowing fans ( 22% of capacity allowed) & the rest will start in empty stadia. Wonder if any fan asked to put his mask on will brandish a gun and defend his rights not to !!! I also wonder what name the Washington team will choose ( unless it's already happened)
[Post edited 13 Sep 2020 8:54]
NFL also starts this week on 09:43 - Sep 13 with 5378 viewspioneer

If he/she does brandish it gun it wont be insidethe stadium. Everyone passes through metal detectors prior to entering the stadia in NFL as well as the other major sports in North America.
NFL also starts this week on 09:55 - Sep 13 with 5370 viewsrichfoad32

As a long time Redskins follower I can't help but think they missed an open goal renaming themselves the Washington Football Team. It should be Washington Team Football....WTF? Pathetic.
NFL also starts this week on 10:00 - Sep 13 with 5365 viewsjonahwhereru

I spent time in Ohio when I was in my teens therefore my old loyalty was to the Browns. Although I haven’t followed the NFL for a few years. One of the outcomes of shielding in lockdown was that I caught up with their progress last season via YouTube. I expect Baker Mayfield to step up again this season and lead them to a positive season, possibly even to a wildcard.
NFL also starts this week on 10:06 - Sep 13 with 5360 viewsrichfoad32

NFL also starts this week on 10:00 - Sep 13 by jonahwhereru

I spent time in Ohio when I was in my teens therefore my old loyalty was to the Browns. Although I haven’t followed the NFL for a few years. One of the outcomes of shielding in lockdown was that I caught up with their progress last season via YouTube. I expect Baker Mayfield to step up again this season and lead them to a positive season, possibly even to a wildcard.

Were you there during the Bernie Kosar era?? Apologies if I'm ageing you a bit.
NFL also starts this week on 10:16 - Sep 13 with 5349 viewsjonahwhereru

NFL also starts this week on 10:06 - Sep 13 by richfoad32

Were you there during the Bernie Kosar era?? Apologies if I'm ageing you a bit.

No, sadly I am older than that. I was in the UK by then. They were good days as well as Kosar I loved the short yardage back Kevin Mack and also Collingsworth
Not sure the Browns are ready to emulate that team yet.
NFL also starts this week on 11:25 - Sep 13 with 5334 viewsisitme

I watched the Chiefs game and would class myself as a long time Chiefs supporter back to the early 90s. I have seen a lot of rubbish in my time and I am now blessed to see Mahomes. Thursday night's game against a real contenter was somewhat of a cake walk. After Houston's first touchdown they did not score another point until garbage time, when the game was over and the Chiefs were down three defensive starters and gave some reps to role players. The offense was also pretty much vanilla with limited downfield throws. Mahomes just took what was on offer and with Edwards-Helaire they ran against light boxes. If anything for opposition defenses it may be pick your posion - light boxes run all day/heavy box and Mahomes will pick you apart. As you say who knows what will happen with injuries etc. Ward could be a big loss to a already weak corner back group.

On to the Browns, it is all on Mayfield. Does he have the focus and work ethic to be great or is he more bothered about getting involved with negativity on social media, from the opposition and the media.

It will be interesting to see how Brady does in Tampa and how New England do without him. It will be an interesting season. Hopefully it will be played out in full as the players seem to be doing a decent job of staying out of trouble, so far.
NFL also starts this week on 20:17 - Sep 30 with 5177 viewsDaleiLama

Browns starting to pick up a little (and first game on Sky this Sunday)? As are my Dolphins?

Be surprised if anyone can usurp Chiefs from #1 spot - look nailed on to win SB after handling the Ravens (not easy).

Then there's this.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

NFL also starts this week on 20:29 - Sep 30 with 5172 viewspioneer

NFL also starts this week on 20:17 - Sep 30 by DaleiLama

Browns starting to pick up a little (and first game on Sky this Sunday)? As are my Dolphins?

Be surprised if anyone can usurp Chiefs from #1 spot - look nailed on to win SB after handling the Ravens (not easy).

Then there's this.

Not forgetting that “The Bills make me want to SHOUT”
Login to get fewer ads

NFL also starts this week on 20:55 - Sep 30 with 5128 viewsDaleiLama

NFL also starts this week on 20:29 - Sep 30 by pioneer

Not forgetting that “The Bills make me want to SHOUT”

Bills the biggest dark horse of the year Pioneer. Allen really coming of age and plenty of talent elsewhere. If they keep on improving, they'll take plenty more scalps before season's end.

NFL also starts this week on 06:32 - Oct 1 with 5041 viewsNigeriamark

NFL also starts this week on 20:55 - Sep 30 by DaleiLama

Bills the biggest dark horse of the year Pioneer. Allen really coming of age and plenty of talent elsewhere. If they keep on improving, they'll take plenty more scalps before season's end.

You could be right about the Bills, they look a good all round team. However unless there are some injuries the Chiefs look amazing with Mahomes winning the battle of the QB's. Pleased with the Browns start, but it's because they have put Mayfiels on a bit of a leash. They don't really trust him so are adopting the running game and short passes. When you have OBJ Jr & Landry as your WR pair, and Chubb & Hunt as your RB pair, you have arguably one of the strongest offences in the league. However Mayfield is a bottom 5 QB at the moment, but let's hope he picks up. AFC north is tough with the Steelers & Ravens in it who both look good.

Chiefs overall for me. for me but the NFC championship could be open & harder to predict
NFL also starts this week on 08:40 - Oct 1 with 5012 viewsDaleiLama

NFL also starts this week on 06:32 - Oct 1 by Nigeriamark

You could be right about the Bills, they look a good all round team. However unless there are some injuries the Chiefs look amazing with Mahomes winning the battle of the QB's. Pleased with the Browns start, but it's because they have put Mayfiels on a bit of a leash. They don't really trust him so are adopting the running game and short passes. When you have OBJ Jr & Landry as your WR pair, and Chubb & Hunt as your RB pair, you have arguably one of the strongest offences in the league. However Mayfield is a bottom 5 QB at the moment, but let's hope he picks up. AFC north is tough with the Steelers & Ravens in it who both look good.

Chiefs overall for me. for me but the NFC championship could be open & harder to predict

The Chiefs are doing stuff that make your jaw drop every week. We may never see the likes of Mahomes again. I thought I'd never see anyone who could throw the ball with the zip and precision that Marino did, but Mahomes can do that and more. If Tua turns out to be half that I'll be happy. Actually, if he turns out to be Russell Wilson II I'll be happy. Not looking forward to trying to contain him this Sunday. Seahawks 9 for 9 in the red zone and he's got a 100% completion record on passes in there!

Only seen 1 Browns game and was pleasantly surprised at Mayfield's development. I saw a caption on Twitter of 3rd and 41 saying "so Browns" prior to the game I watched but since then they seem to be trending in the right direction. If that's cos Mayfield is on a leash, then bravo to the HC. Also, some players take longer than others to "get it". He has the talent, but as we all know, that doesn't guarantee success.

I almost don't think it matters who wins the NFC at this stage. Momentum is a massive factor in the NFL though, as is injuries as your rightly point out. Good to have games back anyway.

Edit - one of the past issues with the Brown seemed to be OBJ not being targeted by Mayfield and there was some kind of rift which appears to have healed now? Do you know anything about that?
[Post edited 1 Oct 2020 8:42]

NFL also starts this week on 14:57 - Oct 1 with 4939 viewsNigeriamark

NFL also starts this week on 08:40 - Oct 1 by DaleiLama

The Chiefs are doing stuff that make your jaw drop every week. We may never see the likes of Mahomes again. I thought I'd never see anyone who could throw the ball with the zip and precision that Marino did, but Mahomes can do that and more. If Tua turns out to be half that I'll be happy. Actually, if he turns out to be Russell Wilson II I'll be happy. Not looking forward to trying to contain him this Sunday. Seahawks 9 for 9 in the red zone and he's got a 100% completion record on passes in there!

Only seen 1 Browns game and was pleasantly surprised at Mayfield's development. I saw a caption on Twitter of 3rd and 41 saying "so Browns" prior to the game I watched but since then they seem to be trending in the right direction. If that's cos Mayfield is on a leash, then bravo to the HC. Also, some players take longer than others to "get it". He has the talent, but as we all know, that doesn't guarantee success.

I almost don't think it matters who wins the NFC at this stage. Momentum is a massive factor in the NFL though, as is injuries as your rightly point out. Good to have games back anyway.

Edit - one of the past issues with the Brown seemed to be OBJ not being targeted by Mayfield and there was some kind of rift which appears to have healed now? Do you know anything about that?
[Post edited 1 Oct 2020 8:42]

I think it is more a rift exaggerated by the media than a real rift. Because the Browns got hammered in the first game & the 2 of them didn't gel there was extra coverage of the apparent rift. OBJ is very competitive & seemed unhappy with the lack of passes he received, however Mayfield didn't find anybody that game. The next 2 games which the Browns won, things seemed to be back to normal.
NFL also starts this week on 15:32 - Oct 1 with 4920 viewsjonahwhereru

NFL also starts this week on 14:57 - Oct 1 by Nigeriamark

I think it is more a rift exaggerated by the media than a real rift. Because the Browns got hammered in the first game & the 2 of them didn't gel there was extra coverage of the apparent rift. OBJ is very competitive & seemed unhappy with the lack of passes he received, however Mayfield didn't find anybody that game. The next 2 games which the Browns won, things seemed to be back to normal.

The Browns first need to defend the pass a bit better. Then need to convert more first downs. They have excellent running backs together with a quality set of Tight Ends so there should not be significant pressure on Mayfield to use the wide receivers. I have adopted Harrison Bryant the rookie TE as my man to follow. I like the fact he is active despite being drafted @ 115 from a lesser college. Plus the Browns already have quality in that area.
NFL also starts this week on 16:44 - Oct 1 with 4902 viewsisitme

The Bills have been good so far, especially with Allen seemingly to have taken a big step forward. The game against the Rams was a great example of their progress. With the Pats losing Brady and lots sitting out the season the Bills should win the division.

With Chubb and Hunt the Browns have arguably the best 1/2 punch in the league, but can Mayfield do it in the clutch? Playing in the same division as the Ravens and Steelers is a tough ask as well.

As for the Chiefs the narrative has always been about the poor defense but to hold teh Ravens to 13 points on offense and Jackson to under 100 yards passing was a great feat. A bit like the Houston game it was get out to a decent lead early and then 'manage the game'. What I am liking is that Mahomes is much more prepared to take what is offer, rather than trying to force it. He can then, when needed light it up. Every game he produces so many unbelievable throws, often from crazy body positions.

The NFC is a crap shot at the moment. Seattle and Green Bay look good. The 49ers have been hit by lots of injuries. I am not sure if Brees can do it anymore, especially without Thomas, can they play from behind?
NFL also starts this week on 12:34 - Oct 3 with 4826 viewsaleanddale

NFL also starts this week on 10:16 - Sep 13 by jonahwhereru

No, sadly I am older than that. I was in the UK by then. They were good days as well as Kosar I loved the short yardage back Kevin Mack and also Collingsworth
Not sure the Browns are ready to emulate that team yet.

Dallas Cowboys v Cleveland Browns on the sky NFL channel on Sunday this week.

5pm I think.
NFL also starts this week on 05:53 - Oct 5 with 4755 viewspioneer

NFL also starts this week on 12:34 - Oct 3 by aleanddale

5pm I think.

Lets go Buff-A-Lo...........4-0, and another great win for the Brownies. The NFL gets better every week.
NFL also starts this week on 09:52 - Oct 5 with 4712 viewsNigeriamark

NFL also starts this week on 12:34 - Oct 3 by aleanddale

5pm I think.

Well that was a boring game !!!! probably the equivalent of a 7-5 win at football
NFL also starts this week on 13:44 - Oct 5 with 4670 viewsjonahwhereru

NFL also starts this week on 09:52 - Oct 5 by Nigeriamark

Well that was a boring game !!!! probably the equivalent of a 7-5 win at football

The Browns will be entertaining this year, but can’t see them making the play offs, they just give up to many points. But i’ll Take it compared to the dross of the last decade.
NFL also starts this week on 16:29 - Oct 5 with 4625 viewsDaleiLama

NFL also starts this week on 09:52 - Oct 5 by Nigeriamark

Only saw snatches of the game live as had Fins on TV through HDMI. Caught up with highlights and what a spectacle. Watching today's Browns reminded me of the Kevin Mack/Ernest Bryant tandem (showing my age now). The NFL has shifted so far towards passing Ds and having a great QB that a ground and pound attack (ideally suited to Mayfield to let him develop and use play-action) should win plenty of games.

Speaking of which, congrats to Pioneer - always a healthy rivalry between Bills and my fins (stoked by Bryan Cox flipping the bird @ Orchard Park back in the day). Marino and Kelly still great friends to this day and here's hoping for that rivalry continues for the next decade led by Tua and Allen

Update: Bad news Browns fans.

Just read only expected to miss 6 wks
[Post edited 5 Oct 2020 20:05]

NFL also starts this week on 20:50 - Oct 5 with 4559 viewspioneer

NFL also starts this week on 16:29 - Oct 5 by DaleiLama

Only saw snatches of the game live as had Fins on TV through HDMI. Caught up with highlights and what a spectacle. Watching today's Browns reminded me of the Kevin Mack/Ernest Bryant tandem (showing my age now). The NFL has shifted so far towards passing Ds and having a great QB that a ground and pound attack (ideally suited to Mayfield to let him develop and use play-action) should win plenty of games.

Speaking of which, congrats to Pioneer - always a healthy rivalry between Bills and my fins (stoked by Bryan Cox flipping the bird @ Orchard Park back in the day). Marino and Kelly still great friends to this day and here's hoping for that rivalry continues for the next decade led by Tua and Allen

Update: Bad news Browns fans.

Just read only expected to miss 6 wks
[Post edited 5 Oct 2020 20:05]

I was at that game..... and the chant of “You suck, Cox” was as loud as anything I ever heard at Orchard Park on his future visits, ever after he left Miami.
NFL also starts this week on 15:10 - Oct 8 with 4419 viewsDaleiLama

NFL also starts this week on 20:50 - Oct 5 by pioneer

I was at that game..... and the chant of “You suck, Cox” was as loud as anything I ever heard at Orchard Park on his future visits, ever after he left Miami.

I can imagine .........

Was going to be rooting for the Bills on Sunday (we have Titans #1 and #2 pick next year) then this

NFL still managing to shuffle the deckchairs on the Titanic.

NFL also starts this week on 16:20 - Oct 8 with 4400 viewswatford_dale

NFL also starts this week on 15:10 - Oct 8 by DaleiLama

I can imagine .........

Was going to be rooting for the Bills on Sunday (we have Titans #1 and #2 pick next year) then this

I think the NFL will extend the season if it starts impacting the scheduling and most probably will as:
all NFL teams own their own stadiums, the Oakland Raiders were the last team to share which they corrected this year by moving to Las Vegas and so they have the capacity.
there is no other major league sport due to start until April
the NFL
NFL also starts this week on 16:23 - Oct 8 with 4397 viewswatford_dale

NFL also starts this week on 16:20 - Oct 8 by watford_dale

I think the NFL will extend the season if it starts impacting the scheduling and most probably will as:
all NFL teams own their own stadiums, the Oakland Raiders were the last team to share which they corrected this year by moving to Las Vegas and so they have the capacity.
there is no other major league sport due to start until April
the NFL

and the final point I was going to make was that the NFL is the #1 sport in the US and trumps all others and so the season can go for as long as it needs to.

Apols for this being in 2 parts.
NFL also starts this week on 16:38 - Oct 8 with 4386 viewsisitme

NFL also starts this week on 15:10 - Oct 8 by DaleiLama

I can imagine .........

With so many positive tests and rule violations I would not be a surprised is the NFL just awards the game to the Bills as the Titans cannot fulfill their fixture, which is what happened with Sale in the rugby. I think the Titans had another two positive tests announced today.
NFL also starts this week on 16:47 - Oct 8 with 4374 viewsDaleiLama

NFL also starts this week on 16:38 - Oct 8 by isitme

With so many positive tests and rule violations I would not be a surprised is the NFL just awards the game to the Bills as the Titans cannot fulfill their fixture, which is what happened with Sale in the rugby. I think the Titans had another two positive tests announced today.

Works for me

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024