Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Testing 14:32 - Oct 14 with 1585 viewssaint22

How’s our system coming along here??

I have just spent two weeks working in Spain where we had 15 min PCR tests every 3 days at a cost of 40 euros each time
Can someone explain to me why the fook a supposedly ‘great’ nation like ours cannot provide such tests regularly so people Can continue to work and the economy doesn’t get ruined and we don’t have to pay the price for the next 20 years?!?!

Oh and on arrival back here no temperature check, nobody at customs, just straight thru e gate

Shambolic
Testing on 15:06 - Oct 14 with 1031 viewsJaySaint

Where in Spain have you been exactly?

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Testing on 15:11 - Oct 14 with 1028 viewsKennington

Temperature checks are pointless so the U.K. is right not to implement them. If you have a temperature you’ll know about it! It’s also a poor indicator of covid and is simply for show. As to testing, the UK fairs well with other western countries; we’re not the best but we’re doing ok.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Testing on 15:26 - Oct 14 with 1017 viewsTimSaint

Why go, especially for work, knowing that you will have to quarantine / isolate for 2 weeks upon your return ?

Surely that is enough reason not to go, plus the Govt advises not to travel unnecessarily and you said the whole Covid thing has made you change your mind about foreign travel for work - but you still went anyway.

At least you can watch Saints on PPV whilst you isolate !! :-)

TimSaint

Testing on 15:30 - Oct 14 with 1012 viewsfranniesTache

Given how Deloitte are panicking and subcontracting it out to other places because they need almost double the capacity the can provide i'd say "not very well"
Testing on 15:59 - Oct 14 with 995 viewsPoirot

Ignoring the scaremongering from the media, its working very well. The main problem is people totally ignoring the isolation request. The majority of people going in pubs were not using the track and trace systems either. In southampton there are three civilian testing stations in woolston, shirley and the guildhall. No doubt probably a bit quiet due to our city not being like oop north where no system would work due to virus overload.
Testing on 16:21 - Oct 14 with 982 viewsdwayne_dibley

Testing on 15:59 - Oct 14 by Poirot

Ignoring the scaremongering from the media, its working very well. The main problem is people totally ignoring the isolation request. The majority of people going in pubs were not using the track and trace systems either. In southampton there are three civilian testing stations in woolston, shirley and the guildhall. No doubt probably a bit quiet due to our city not being like oop north where no system would work due to virus overload.

but try and book a test from a SO postcode and you will get sent to the IOW or Liverpool

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Testing on 17:01 - Oct 14 with 971 viewsBicester_North

Just another load of Benny bullshit

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Testing on 17:11 - Oct 14 with 964 viewsButty101

Testing on 17:01 - Oct 14 by Bicester_North

Just another load of Benny bullshit

She sounds like the painters are in.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Login to get fewer ads

Testing on 17:27 - Oct 14 with 957 viewsPoirot

Testing on 16:21 - Oct 14 by dwayne_dibley

but try and book a test from a SO postcode and you will get sent to the IOW or Liverpool

that was purely because the app didnt recognise or be designed that the solent is in the way.
Testing on 20:04 - Oct 14 with 901 viewssaint22

Testing on 15:26 - Oct 14 by TimSaint

Why go, especially for work, knowing that you will have to quarantine / isolate for 2 weeks upon your return ?

Surely that is enough reason not to go, plus the Govt advises not to travel unnecessarily and you said the whole Covid thing has made you change your mind about foreign travel for work - but you still went anyway.

At least you can watch Saints on PPV whilst you isolate !! :-)

That isn’t an answer to the question I asked
I am working that’s why I travel and paying high taxes so lots of people can furlough, trust me I would Much rather not

So again, why do we not have PCR tests available here??
Testing on 20:36 - Oct 14 with 877 viewsJaySaint

Testing on 20:04 - Oct 14 by saint22

I am working that’s why I travel and paying high taxes so lots of people can furlough, trust me I would Much rather not

assuming you will quarantine after your travel.

why do you need a test?

Testing on 20:44 - Oct 14 with 860 viewssaint22

Testing on 20:36 - Oct 14 by JaySaint

assuming you will quarantine after your travel.

why do you need a test?

That doesn’t answer the question either

And yes I have to quarantine even though I had a negative test yesterday another clueless rule from BoJo
Testing on 20:56 - Oct 14 with 850 viewsJaySaint

Testing on 20:44 - Oct 14 by saint22

That doesn’t answer the question either

And yes I have to quarantine even though I had a negative test yesterday another clueless rule from BoJo

why do you need a test 'regularly'?

My mum has just come back from Spain and she never experienced regular tests.
She never got tested once out there
[Post edited 14 Oct 2020 20:56]

Testing on 21:07 - Oct 14 with 834 viewssaint22

Testing on 20:56 - Oct 14 by JaySaint

why do you need a test 'regularly'?

My mum has just come back from Spain and she never experienced regular tests.
She never got tested once out there
[Post edited 14 Oct 2020 20:56]

You really aren’t very clever are you Tory boy

You don’t NEED to get tested regularly but my point is you can there if required, and the result is known in 15 minutes so, as in my original post why can’t we do that here? That way people who have jobs can be tested regularly keep working, keep the economy moving
Or people who need to travel can be tested before they board trains or planes and those returning positive tests are denied

Do you need help tying your laces tomorrow?
Testing on 21:22 - Oct 14 with 826 viewsJaySaint

Testing on 21:07 - Oct 14 by saint22

You don’t NEED to get tested regularly but my point is you can there if required, and the result is known in 15 minutes so, as in my original post why can’t we do that here? That way people who have jobs can be tested regularly keep working, keep the economy moving
Or people who need to travel can be tested before they board trains or planes and those returning positive tests are denied

My mother never had the opportunity, neither did any of their group

you are either lying or 'privileged'

Testing on 22:25 - Oct 14 with 778 viewskingslandstand1

Testing on 21:07 - Oct 14 by saint22

22, you've been going so well lately, but now going back to the name calling of the past. Just stick to the footy or stuff that could attract a sensible response. Stop digging holes for yourself with tales that come across very Walter Mitty'ish
Testing on 07:57 - Oct 15 with 677 viewsHeisenberg

Testing on 20:04 - Oct 14 by saint22

I'm a high earner. I have to travel. I pay lots of taxes. The rules don't apply to me

The arguments of the elite. The only difference is no one on here believes your made up life.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Testing on 08:30 - Oct 15 with 660 viewsTripleNiemi

Testing on 07:57 - Oct 15 by Heisenberg

I'm a high earner. I have to travel. I pay lots of taxes. The rules don't apply to me

The arguments of the elite. The only difference is no one on here believes your made up life.

Quote:

" The only difference is no one on here believes your made up life "

End quote

100% this.....

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Testing on 09:53 - Oct 15 with 622 viewssaint22

Testing on 21:22 - Oct 14 by JaySaint

My mother never had the opportunity, neither did any of their group

you are either lying or 'privileged'

Not lying or privileged pal, it was part of our work contract that we all had to get regular tests to complete the work and have insurance

Once again my point being if such tests are available at such a price in Spain, WHY CAN WE NOT ACCESS THEM HERE??
Testing on 11:14 - Oct 15 with 591 viewsBison

Testing on 09:53 - Oct 15 by saint22

Not lying or privileged pal, it was part of our work contract that we all had to get regular tests to complete the work and have insurance

Once again my point being if such tests are available at such a price in Spain, WHY CAN WE NOT ACCESS THEM HERE??

Not privileged ? 1st class to New York seems pretty privileged to me.

So your beef is you can get a test in Spain for £40 quid but costs more here yet just saying you have symptoms you can get it for free here ?

You seem pretty loaded to me why don't you buy some and hand them out to the downtrodden ?

How's the kids , they self isolating with you ?

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Testing on 12:22 - Oct 15 with 565 viewssaint22

Testing on 11:14 - Oct 15 by Bison

Not privileged ? 1st class to New York seems pretty privileged to me.

So your beef is you can get a test in Spain for £40 quid but costs more here yet just saying you have symptoms you can get it for free here ?

You seem pretty loaded to me why don't you buy some and hand them out to the downtrodden ?

How's the kids , they self isolating with you ?

You seem to misunderstand privileged, if you earn it then it’s a little different to someone like, oh I dunno BoJo who was handed it

My beef is that a country like Spain as access to these tests so why don’t we?? Simple question
Testing on 12:56 - Oct 15 with 548 viewsfranniesTache

Testing on 15:59 - Oct 14 by Poirot

Yeah you tell yourself that, i'll go on the fact that i know exactly what's been going on as i've been working with Deloitte on it

It's a f*cking mess, it's overly complicated, it's about 6 months behind schedule and they're throwing people at the problem, it's architected in a way that means that multiple partners are subcontracted to the partner the government outsourced it to and the companies aren't playing nicely together, and the requirements are a bag of sh*t in the first place.

That said it's one hell of an earner
Testing on 13:20 - Oct 15 with 514 viewsSadoldgit

It’s interesting to hear an insiders take on it. Along with the reports in the media it has clearly been a complete cock up from day one.The WHO were saying from an early stage that this was the way forward to combat the pandemic and the fact that we are still nowhere near having a workable system after all these months is appalling.
Testing on 13:27 - Oct 15 with 512 viewsfranniesTache

Testing on 13:20 - Oct 15 by Sadoldgit

It’s interesting to hear an insiders take on it. Along with the reports in the media it has clearly been a complete cock up from day one.The WHO were saying from an early stage that this was the way forward to combat the pandemic and the fact that we are still nowhere near having a workable system after all these months is appalling.

At this stage i'm more confident of a vaccine before a working track and trace system
Testing on 14:04 - Oct 15 with 497 viewsBicester_North

Testing on 12:22 - Oct 15 by saint22

You seem to misunderstand privileged, if you earn it then it’s a little different to someone like, oh I dunno BoJo who was handed it

My beef is that a country like Spain as access to these tests so why don’t we?? Simple question

I hereby put it to you, Ben of De Beauvoir, that you lie ridiculously on a mongboard for attention.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024