Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Hull City 14:00 - Oct 15 with 11962 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/53106/match-preview-rochdal

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Hull City on 16:43 - Oct 17 with 1963 viewsJames1980

On the rare occasions when we attack, Hull manage to get plenty of players back and their defence give us very little space or time in their box.
Being realistic favourites for promotion against favourites for relegation in an empty stadium. The result is not surprising.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2020 16:48]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Hull City on 16:43 - Oct 17 with 1963 viewsSteveo473

Very poor, nothing going forwards. This passing across the back is boring and non effective. We would better going two ip front and just having a go. Very poor display.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Hull City on 16:44 - Oct 17 with 1948 viewsoddjob007

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Hull City on 16:43 - Oct 17 by Steveo473

Very poor, nothing going forwards. This passing across the back is boring and non effective. We would better going two ip front and just having a go. Very poor display.

Baffled why we didn’t bring an attacking player on after we went down 3-0. Nothing to lose.

Only thing I can think of is we didn’t want any more injuries.

Edit. On 10 mins later. Why?!
[Post edited 17 Oct 2020 16:45]
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Hull City on 16:45 - Oct 17 with 1937 viewsSuddenLad

I can't wait to hear what 'positives' BBM takes out of this game. Shocking performance.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Hull City on 16:45 - Oct 17 with 1934 viewsMancDale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Hull City on 16:40 - Oct 17 by oddjob007

Nothing up front.

Took me 60 mins to realise Lund was on the pitch.

Rathbone no end product.

Defence poor.

Big fan of Rathbone but he's had an absolute shocker today. Gave the ball away twice in the lead up to the second goal.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Hull City on 16:46 - Oct 17 with 1914 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Hull City on 16:45 - Oct 17 by SuddenLad

I can't wait to hear what 'positives' BBM takes out of this game. Shocking performance.

He'll need to talk extra fast tonight.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Hull City on 16:47 - Oct 17 with 1900 viewsfunkkk

Newby holding on to the ball for too long because he has no options in front of him. Really hope Beesley doesn't turn out like a Jon Shaw signing as I do think he has something. Rathbone doing Rathbone things and lacking any end product. Two away games then Sunderland @ home. We need to pick up some points quick.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Hull City on 16:47 - Oct 17 with 1899 viewsBarrowdale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Hull City on 16:41 - Oct 17 by Yorkshire_Dale

Trouble is though,when you are languishing down the bottom, they are all "top" teams.

Two difficult away fixtures up next .

On the upside we’re still “taking the knee” very well
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Hull City (n/t) on 16:49 - Oct 17 with 1865 viewsSuddenLad

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Hull City on 16:47 - Oct 17 by Barrowdale

On the upside we’re still “taking the knee” very well

And Radio Bolton goes into mourning as Oldham win 2-1 with a 96th minute winner
[Post edited 17 Oct 2020 16:53]

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Hull City on 16:51 - Oct 17 with 1829 viewsjacko_dale

Every single league game we've lost this season we've conceded goals in quick succession. Do we have a sports psychologist on the books?
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Hull City on 16:53 - Oct 17 with 1791 viewsfunkkk

Humphrys looking better and better as the weeks go on.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Hull City on 16:54 - Oct 17 with 1773 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Hull City on 16:51 - Oct 17 by jacko_dale

Every single league game we've lost this season we've conceded goals in quick succession. Do we have a sports psychologist on the books?

BBM has mentioned a sports psychologist in some interviews

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Hull City on 16:55 - Oct 17 with 1721 viewsShun

That reminded me of last season - dominate possession, don’t threaten the goalkeeper at all, get destroyed (scoreline-wise, at least).

I can’t remember a match where we had so little attacking threat. We desperately need Humphrys and Baah back. Beesley was quiet and missed a very good chance that he really should’ve done better with. Dooley I don’t think touched the ball once. Newby played ok but his crossing was really poor. Bola had an ok debut, he likes to get forward a lot but his first touch is terrible. Keohane was my MOM, in both of his positions.

Hull I would say got a deserved and intelligent win, rather than a spectacular one. Expected more gamesmanship and cheating considering their manager, but they weren’t as bad as those Peterborough and Doncaster sides which were truly horrible teams.

Ultimately I expected a loss today, disappointed it was by such a heavy scoreline through.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Hull City on 16:57 - Oct 17 with 1706 viewssince58

One crumb of comfort radio bolton lose in injury time.
Oh dear.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Hull City on 16:57 - Oct 17 with 1694 viewsNigeriamark

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Hull City on 16:47 - Oct 17 by funkkk

Newby holding on to the ball for too long because he has no options in front of him. Really hope Beesley doesn't turn out like a Jon Shaw signing as I do think he has something. Rathbone doing Rathbone things and lacking any end product. Two away games then Sunderland @ home. We need to pick up some points quick.

They really had a lot more quality, and you can see what a bigger budget gets you. 3-0 a fair reflection of the gulf in class between the top 6 teams and probably the bottom 8-10.

The new lad did quite well other than a 10 minute spell in the first half, & McLaughlin made some good runs & crosses when he came on. Hull will feel they dodged a bullet when they didn't get Rathbone as his passing was poor for the second game running.

Need Humphries back ASAP because you can't see a run of goals coming from anywhere at the moment
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Hull City on 16:58 - Oct 17 with 1688 viewsTomRAFC

We looked so slow both physically and mentally. There was a real lack of urgency and our passing was all over the show.

The likes of Newby and Beesley are clearly the types of player we need but are they going to be dominant enough at this level?

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Hull City on 16:58 - Oct 17 with 1671 viewsD_Alien

A quite depressing display, all told. Hull are obviously a strong side and will be right up there at the end of the season (if we get there), but some familiar tactical ineptitude was abetted by poor passing and weak defending

Of those that played the full match, O'Connell & Keohane can hold their heads up, the rest should be asking themselves some serious questions about what they think they want to achieve in football

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Hull City on 17:08 - Oct 17 with 1537 viewsjpresto

h
Hope that wasnt an example of what Bola has to offer
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Hull City on 17:12 - Oct 17 with 1490 viewsFrites

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Hull City on 16:55 - Oct 17 by Shun

That reminded me of last season - dominate possession, don’t threaten the goalkeeper at all, get destroyed (scoreline-wise, at least).

I can’t remember a match where we had so little attacking threat. We desperately need Humphrys and Baah back. Beesley was quiet and missed a very good chance that he really should’ve done better with. Dooley I don’t think touched the ball once. Newby played ok but his crossing was really poor. Bola had an ok debut, he likes to get forward a lot but his first touch is terrible. Keohane was my MOM, in both of his positions.

Hull I would say got a deserved and intelligent win, rather than a spectacular one. Expected more gamesmanship and cheating considering their manager, but they weren’t as bad as those Peterborough and Doncaster sides which were truly horrible teams.

Ultimately I expected a loss today, disappointed it was by such a heavy scoreline through.

Agreed - the gap between the teams was in evidence right across the pitch.
The new centre half (hopefully) may have to go straight into the team as I doubt Paul McShane will be fit and Jim was mysteriously missing from the bench today.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Hull City on 17:20 - Oct 17 with 1399 viewsrochdaleriddler

Another slow display, are players encouraged to hold on to the ball as long as possible? . We never really looked like scoring, Hull were big and strong, but hardly world beating. I switched off way before the end

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Hull City on 17:22 - Oct 17 with 1394 viewsRippDale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Hull City on 16:55 - Oct 17 by Shun

We are pinning too much hope onto Humphrys. He will struggle to score in this formation and tactics. We need a winger or two to create something rather than pass through banks of defenders
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Hull City on 17:32 - Oct 17 with 1310 views442Dale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Hull City on 17:22 - Oct 17 by RippDale

We are pinning too much hope onto Humphrys. He will struggle to score in this formation and tactics. We need a winger or two to create something rather than pass through banks of defenders

That’s a good point. Playing four central midfielders every week really isn’t helping, often with two regularly dropping deep.

Not sure we’d be brave enough to play Newby on the left and McLaughlin on the right of a midfield four with both Humphreys and Beesley up front, but it’s an option to do that with three of Lund/Ryan/Morley/Rathbone in the centre.

4-4-2 appears to be dead from the start of games, it doesn’t mean we can’t adapt during the 90 minutes.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Hull City on 17:32 - Oct 17 with 1311 viewsrichfoad32

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Hull City on 16:58 - Oct 17 by D_Alien

A quite depressing display, all told. Hull are obviously a strong side and will be right up there at the end of the season (if we get there), but some familiar tactical ineptitude was abetted by poor passing and weak defending

Of those that played the full match, O'Connell & Keohane can hold their heads up, the rest should be asking themselves some serious questions about what they think they want to achieve in football

That's a bit harsh. I think it was just a case of being beaten by a better side than any lack of commitment, especially from the less experienced players. Despite shipping three, I thought that Bazunu generally did OK and his handling was a lot more confident than the Fleetwood game.

I would really question the wisdom of giving McShane a new deal when he struggles to play a half of football in the appearances he does make. Unfortunately, for the second week in succession we capitulated after he'd left the action.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Hull City on 17:33 - Oct 17 with 1297 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Hull City on 17:22 - Oct 17 by RippDale

The only player who seemed willing to take his man on, on the outside and put in a cross was McLaughlin

Not sure what Dooley is for

Bola steadied himself after a shaky start, Lund & Ryan were treading in treacle, Morley's potential is being wasted and the front two were left forlorn and lacking in confidence. Rathbone worked hard but not surprised he's still with us

Apart from that...

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Hull City on 17:35 - Oct 17 with 1274 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Hull City on 17:32 - Oct 17 by richfoad32

That's a bit harsh. I think it was just a case of being beaten by a better side than any lack of commitment, especially from the less experienced players. Despite shipping three, I thought that Bazunu generally did OK and his handling was a lot more confident than the Fleetwood game.

I would really question the wisdom of giving McShane a new deal when he struggles to play a half of football in the appearances he does make. Unfortunately, for the second week in succession we capitulated after he'd left the action.

I wasn't questioning commitment

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024