Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jeremy - the old duffer 10:52 - Oct 29 with 4230 viewsJaySaint

I remember when this was all Tory spin to ensure he never would win the election.

oh....

https://news.sky.com/story/serious-failings-by-labour-leadership-over-antisemiti

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Jeremy - the old duffer on 23:25 - Oct 29 with 978 views1885_SFC

Jeremy - the old duffer on 22:24 - Oct 29 by Sadoldgit

Don’t you think you are over reacting a bit? Again, this is Corbyn we are talking about who was the leader of the Labour Party in 2020. How on earth can you conflate what has happened with Corbyn with what happened under Hitler’s Germany?

The only sick thing here is is trying to compare the two things.

Interesting to see how the right are jumping to the defence of Jewish people yet don’t feel the same way about supporting the campaign in defence of BAME . Do Jewish lives matter more than Black lives?

Talking about people being frightened, don’t you think that many other people in minority groups, such as Muslims feel frightened and threatened by certain elements of our society?
[Post edited 29 Oct 2020 23:06]

Why are you trying to score points about 'frightened Muslims' in society on a day when - once again - the atrocities some of them commit are being highlighted in France yet again tonight?

Old School is Cool

Jeremy - the old duffer on 23:31 - Oct 29 with 967 viewsSadoldgit

Jeremy - the old duffer on 23:25 - Oct 29 by 1885_SFC

Why are you trying to score points about 'frightened Muslims' in society on a day when - once again - the atrocities some of them commit are being highlighted in France yet again tonight?

Because by the actions of one deluded psychopath, millions of peaceful, innocent people will be tarred with the same brush. Something you demonstrate in your post.
Jeremy - the old duffer on 23:35 - Oct 29 with 964 views1885_SFC

Jeremy - the old duffer on 23:31 - Oct 29 by Sadoldgit

Because by the actions of one deluded psychopath, millions of peaceful, innocent people will be tarred with the same brush. Something you demonstrate in your post.

"One" deluded psychopath?

You obviously never watch the news...

Old School is Cool

Jeremy - the old duffer on 23:40 - Oct 29 with 955 viewsBison

Jeremy - the old duffer on 23:25 - Oct 29 by 1885_SFC

This thread exposes Soggy to what he really is , he spends most of it defending the frightened Muslims and on the day the Labour Party get called out for being anti Semitic he belittles the Jews by comparing them to Phil Collins and not taking their fears seriously . Him and Jezzer are cut from the same cloth.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Jeremy - the old duffer on 00:49 - Oct 30 with 924 viewsSaintsforeverj

Jeremy - the old duffer on 23:40 - Oct 29 by Bison

This thread exposes Soggy to what he really is , he spends most of it defending the frightened Muslims and on the day the Labour Party get called out for being anti Semitic he belittles the Jews by comparing them to Phil Collins and not taking their fears seriously . Him and Jezzer are cut from the same cloth.

Spot on. Remember people from that tiny cloth love to protest, attend rallies and pretend - Muslim countries are places of beautiful freedom and equality, even though they stone people to death. Kids are begging in the streets of the UK as they are starving to death. Millions of British voters all got it wrong when they voted for Boris and Brexit blah blah blah. Boris is racist and doesn't stand up for equality, even though it is the Labour Party which has broken equality laws on their day of shame. They love to make things up. But not to worry nobody ever listens to any of them.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2020 1:10]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Jeremy - the old duffer on 10:23 - Oct 30 with 841 viewsChesham_Saint

Jeremy - the old duffer on 19:56 - Oct 29 by Sadoldgit

I really don’t know how to answer that question mate. It seems to me that the vast majority of Muslims just want to get on with their lives and live in peace like you or I. Some people seem to want to have us believe that they are all medieval scum and are hell bent on making non Muslims lives a living hell. That is not my experience and I would think that is also not the experience of everyone in here.
There are some people who don’t see things that way and cause problems within society. Some of these people are Muslims and they use their religion as an excuse for their anti social behaviour. There are plenty of non Muslims who also behave in an anti social manner who don’t have that excuse. Sadly it seems that some people think that anti social Muslims are more worthy of comment than anti social non Muslims (Tommy Robinson being a prime example).

Still fudging with that answer I’m afraid Sogs. Yes, the majority are peaceful but it seems to me that peaceful or not, their views are essentially irreconcilable with a liberal society. Do you agree or not?

Anyway, on to a football context, why is that black players are so successful in English football whereas Asians are not? I’ve seen a lot of very skilful and tenacious Indian/Pakistani heritage players and yet there are very few pros. Perhaps it’s their barriers to entry we should be focusing on?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Jeremy - the old duffer on 10:52 - Oct 30 with 823 viewsSadoldgit

Jeremy - the old duffer on 10:23 - Oct 30 by Chesham_Saint

Still fudging with that answer I’m afraid Sogs. Yes, the majority are peaceful but it seems to me that peaceful or not, their views are essentially irreconcilable with a liberal society. Do you agree or not?

Anyway, on to a football context, why is that black players are so successful in English football whereas Asians are not? I’ve seen a lot of very skilful and tenacious Indian/Pakistani heritage players and yet there are very few pros. Perhaps it’s their barriers to entry we should be focusing on?

Surely if they are living a peaceful life and abiding by our laws that are also abiding by our liberal principles? The writings of the Catholic Church say that homosexuality is wrong. Do we give them a hard time over that? They seem better at abiding by our principles than the many people within the C of E who have been accused of kiddy fiddling. If you looked at a lot of religious dogma I think you would find that few people actually live their lives by the letter if the dogma. By the law of averages there must be hundreds of thousands of gay Muslims across the world.
As for Asian footballers, who knows?There are not many American, Canadian or Australian footballers playing at the top level either.
Jeremy - the old duffer on 11:27 - Oct 30 with 817 viewsBicester_North

Jeremy - the old duffer on 10:23 - Oct 30 by Chesham_Saint

Mostly because Indian, Pakistani and Bangladeshi families put a big emphasis on education and want the kids to have high paid professional jobs, so probably discouraged from football as a career.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Login to get fewer ads

Jeremy - the old duffer on 12:27 - Oct 30 with 802 viewsChesham_Saint

Jeremy - the old duffer on 10:52 - Oct 30 by Sadoldgit

Surely if they are living a peaceful life and abiding by our laws that are also abiding by our liberal principles? The writings of the Catholic Church say that homosexuality is wrong. Do we give them a hard time over that? They seem better at abiding by our principles than the many people within the C of E who have been accused of kiddy fiddling. If you looked at a lot of religious dogma I think you would find that few people actually live their lives by the letter if the dogma. By the law of averages there must be hundreds of thousands of gay Muslims across the world.
As for Asian footballers, who knows?There are not many American, Canadian or Australian footballers playing at the top level either.

Last point first. Canadian/American/Australian - firstly its not their national game whereas for most/many Brit Asians it is. Secondly, the groups you mention are countries, not races so you’re comparing apples with oranges there.

Catholic Church - even in a catholic county like Ireland they’ve now legalised abortion and gay rights. I’d bet the house that if you polled Christians around the world the vast majority would not approve of execution or Imprisonment of gay men or reduced education or job opportunities for women. Whereas surveys of U.K. Muslims show upwards of 40% support sharia law......

Jeremy - the old duffer on 15:19 - Oct 30 with 763 viewsJaySaint

No place for this in the current climate

Jeremy - the old duffer on 18:15 - Oct 30 with 716 viewsSadoldgit

Jeremy - the old duffer on 15:19 - Oct 30 by JaySaint

I agree. They aren't doing themselves or their religion any favours and just giving the haters more ammunition.
Jeremy - the old duffer on 18:21 - Oct 30 with 711 viewsBison

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion, too

Jeremy - the old duffer on 18:31 - Oct 30 with 705 viewsSadoldgit

Jeremy - the old duffer on 12:27 - Oct 30 by Chesham_Saint

Last point first. Canadian/American/Australian - firstly its not their national game whereas for most/many Brit Asians it is. Secondly, the groups you mention are countries, not races so you’re comparing apples with oranges there.

Catholic Church - even in a catholic county like Ireland they’ve now legalised abortion and gay rights. I’d bet the house that if you polled Christians around the world the vast majority would not approve of execution or Imprisonment of gay men or reduced education or job opportunities for women. Whereas surveys of U.K. Muslims show upwards of 40% support sharia law......

So even more reason to work with them, educate them and try and change their views. But let’s be honest, footballers don’t come out because, I assume, they are worried about the grief they will get from the terraces, so our society still has a way to go too. It wasn’t that long ago that we were putting gay people behind bars. We are changing, there is no reason why others can’t. There is also a big difference between saying you don’t approve in a poll about your religion and how you react and interact with gay friends and acquaintances in real life.
Jeremy - the old duffer on 18:34 - Oct 30 with 702 viewsSaintsforeverj

So 3 people are killed horrifically by Islamic terrorists in France. The response? France is in fear and mourning so a group of Muslims in London ( and it looks like they are all Muslims, I can't see Jews, Christians, Buddhists) stand and shout respect Muslims, during a Covid pandemic? Just a shame its a group of Muslims taking over huge areas of London again. Really makes you warm to them doesn't it.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2020 18:42]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Jeremy - the old duffer on 18:35 - Oct 30 with 701 viewsChesham_Saint

Jeremy - the old duffer on 22:24 - Oct 29 by Sadoldgit

Don’t you think you are over reacting a bit? Again, this is Corbyn we are talking about who was the leader of the Labour Party in 2020. How on earth can you conflate what has happened with Corbyn with what happened under Hitler’s Germany?

The only sick thing here is is trying to compare the two things.

Interesting to see how the right are jumping to the defence of Jewish people yet don’t feel the same way about supporting the campaign in defence of BAME . Do Jewish lives matter more than Black lives?

Talking about people being frightened, don’t you think that many other people in minority groups, such as Muslims feel frightened and threatened by certain elements of our society?
[Post edited 29 Oct 2020 23:06]

I’m beginning to think you really do come from Muri Buri Land Sogsy...

Jeremy - the old duffer on 19:12 - Oct 30 with 682 viewsSadoldgit

Jeremy - the old duffer on 18:35 - Oct 30 by Chesham_Saint

I’m beginning to think you really do come from Muri Buri Land Sogsy...

Is that Scouse for Mary Berry Chesh?
Jeremy - the old duffer on 20:01 - Oct 30 with 660 viewsBridders2

Jeremy - the old duffer on 18:31 - Oct 30 by Sadoldgit

So even more reason to work with them, educate them and try and change their views. But let’s be honest, footballers don’t come out because, I assume, they are worried about the grief they will get from the terraces, so our society still has a way to go too. It wasn’t that long ago that we were putting gay people behind bars. We are changing, there is no reason why others can’t. There is also a big difference between saying you don’t approve in a poll about your religion and how you react and interact with gay friends and acquaintances in real life.

"So even more reason to work with them, educate them and try and change their views. "

I admire your vision of utopia Soppy, but I think their religion and views are very deeply ingrained unlike many other non Muslim immigrants. Anyway let's keep our fingers crossed eh?
Jeremy - the old duffer on 20:18 - Oct 30 with 643 viewsSadoldgit

Jeremy - the old duffer on 20:01 - Oct 30 by Bridders2

"So even more reason to work with them, educate them and try and change their views. "

I admire your vision of utopia Soppy, but I think their religion and views are very deeply ingrained unlike many other non Muslim immigrants. Anyway let's keep our fingers crossed eh?

Christians spent centuries burning each other at the stake but eventually learnt to live with their differences. I don’t expect the more extreme supporters of Islam to change anytime soon, but there are plenty of normal Muslims who are just as horrified as us by the murderous actions carried out in the name of their religion and I believe that eventually things will change.
Jeremy - the old duffer on 20:19 - Oct 30 with 640 viewsJaySaint

France is being condemned around the Islamic world.
for what exactly?

Well, we know why. All over a cartoon. The religion of peace, eh?
[Post edited 30 Oct 2020 20:22]

Jeremy - the old duffer on 21:14 - Oct 30 with 614 viewsBison

Jeremy - the old duffer on 19:48 - Oct 29 by Sadoldgit

Phil Collins said he would leave the country too if Labour got in. Hmmm. Actually considering he buggered off to Switzerland to pay less tax that sounds a tad hypocritical. Do you really believe that thousands of people would uproot their lives and families because of Corbyn? He is hardly Stalin is he!?

The results, in the latest survey of British Jews carried out for the JC by polling company Survation, support claims made by the former Chief Rabbi Lord Sacks at the weekend that the Labour leader is contributing to Jews openly questioning whether Britain is still a safe place to raise their children.

With recent population surveys suggesting there are now upwards of 290,000 Jews living in the UK, the poll results means that the election of a Labour government would leave around 115,000 seriously considering a new life abroad.

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk/nearly-40-per-cent-of-british-jews-would-seriously

Or Soggy is right.

Jeremy - the old duffer on 22:27 - Oct 30 with 594 viewsChesham_Saint

Jeremy - the old duffer on 19:12 - Oct 30 by Sadoldgit

Is that Scouse for Mary Berry Chesh?

Nope. It’s a place. How I suspect you see the world...

Jeremy - the old duffer on 10:16 - Oct 31 with 524 viewsSadoldgit

Jeremy - the old duffer on 21:14 - Oct 30 by Bison

The results, in the latest survey of British Jews carried out for the JC by polling company Survation, support claims made by the former Chief Rabbi Lord Sacks at the weekend that the Labour leader is contributing to Jews openly questioning whether Britain is still a safe place to raise their children.

With recent population surveys suggesting there are now upwards of 290,000 Jews living in the UK, the poll results means that the election of a Labour government would leave around 115,000 seriously considering a new life abroad.

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk/nearly-40-per-cent-of-british-jews-would-seriously

Or Soggy is right.

Don’t you think that there is a big difference between seriously considering doing it and actually doing it? Are you telling me that when they seriously think about it they are going to come to the conclusion that they will end up in a consent ration camp here? Where are they going to go? Most of them have lived here for generations? I would imagine it is much safer in places like Golders Green than some parts of the Middle East. It is just rhetoric. No one with an ounce of sense believes that if Corbyn has one the last election that it would be open season on Jews. Muslims on the other hand have much more to fear from Priti Patel but the right are using this to bury there own xenophobic leanings.
Jeremy - the old duffer on 10:20 - Oct 31 with 521 viewsSadoldgit

Jeremy - the old duffer on 22:27 - Oct 30 by Chesham_Saint

Nope. It’s a place. How I suspect you see the world...

Yes, I saw the clip on YouTube last night with the wonderful Steve van Zandt. I meant to catch that series but somehow missed it. I think I see the world as most people see it Chesham, sadly. But if we don’t change our ways and find a way to be less jingoistic and more inclusive, this shit will go on forever.
Jeremy - the old duffer on 10:51 - Oct 31 with 511 viewsBridders2

Jeremy - the old duffer on 20:18 - Oct 30 by Sadoldgit

Christians spent centuries burning each other at the stake but eventually learnt to live with their differences. I don’t expect the more extreme supporters of Islam to change anytime soon, but there are plenty of normal Muslims who are just as horrified as us by the murderous actions carried out in the name of their religion and I believe that eventually things will change.

Like I say, your utopian dream.
Many Muslims are peace abiding, but polls reveal the majority support Sharia law. In 15 - 20 years from now many councils will be Muslim controlled, many MPs will be Muslim. Will they use their influence to change British society ? Remember a quarter of all new births last year we're to mothers born outside the UK.
Jeremy - the old duffer on 11:40 - Oct 31 with 490 viewsSadoldgit

Jeremy - the old duffer on 10:51 - Oct 31 by Bridders2

Like I say, your utopian dream.
Many Muslims are peace abiding, but polls reveal the majority support Sharia law. In 15 - 20 years from now many councils will be Muslim controlled, many MPs will be Muslim. Will they use their influence to change British society ? Remember a quarter of all new births last year we're to mothers born outside the UK.

British society is constantly evolving. Instead of scare mongering we should be looking to influence. We are not right about everything just as a Muslims aren’t. Instead of trying to drive people away we should work with them to forge a society that works for all. I was born half way through the last century and have seen a great many changes, some good. Some not so good.

The current hot topic is what that nasty man Corbyn was going to do to the Jewish people in the UK if he had become PM and how all of them were thinking of packing their bags and departing. No mention of what the Israelis have been doing to the Palestinians for years though. Shouldn’t we be concerned about the Jewish agenda?

There are extreme factions everywhere. In the Labour Party. In the Tory Party. In the Christian Community. In the Jewish community and clearly in the Islamic community. It becomes a problem when just one faction is singled out as being “the problem”.

We had scare mongering over immigration to help get Brexit voted in, now we have scare mongering over Sharia law to cast Muslims as the bad guys to further right wing agendas. Honestly, do you really think that this country will ever be taken over by Sharia law? We don’t give a toss about our own God let alone anyone else’s!
[Post edited 31 Oct 2020 12:03]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024