Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jeremy - the old duffer 10:52 - Oct 29 with 4229 viewsJaySaint

I remember when this was all Tory spin to ensure he never would win the election.

oh....

https://news.sky.com/story/serious-failings-by-labour-leadership-over-antisemiti

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Jeremy - the old duffer on 11:58 - Oct 31 with 496 viewsBridders2

Jeremy - the old duffer on 11:40 - Oct 31 by Sadoldgit

British society is constantly evolving. Instead of scare mongering we should be looking to influence. We are not right about everything just as a Muslims aren’t. Instead of trying to drive people away we should work with them to forge a society that works for all. I was born half way through the last century and have seen a great many changes, some good. Some not so good.

The current hot topic is what that nasty man Corbyn was going to do to the Jewish people in the UK if he had become PM and how all of them were thinking of packing their bags and departing. No mention of what the Israelis have been doing to the Palestinians for years though. Shouldn’t we be concerned about the Jewish agenda?

There are extreme factions everywhere. In the Labour Party. In the Tory Party. In the Christian Community. In the Jewish community and clearly in the Islamic community. It becomes a problem when just one faction is singled out as being “the problem”.

We had scare mongering over immigration to help get Brexit voted in, now we have scare mongering over Sharia law to cast Muslims as the bad guys to further right wing agendas. Honestly, do you really think that this country will ever be taken over by Sharia law? We don’t give a toss about our own God let alone anyone else’s!
[Post edited 31 Oct 2020 12:03]

I agree integration and reducing the numbers is the way forward, but most Muslims won't marry outside their faith. Even moderate Muslims are under extreme pressure to conform. We've imported a problem that we may come to regret.
Jeremy - the old duffer on 13:27 - Oct 31 with 459 viewsChesham_Saint

Jeremy - the old duffer on 11:58 - Oct 31 by Bridders2

I agree integration and reducing the numbers is the way forward, but most Muslims won't marry outside their faith. Even moderate Muslims are under extreme pressure to conform. We've imported a problem that we may come to regret.

I played football with quite a few Asian (mainly Muslim) guys and they were nice blokes but whilst they were happy to shag and drink (although not during a match, obvs) the thought of marrying outside their faith or race appalled them - partly on the basis of the racist views of their parents; so maybe it will change, but I suspect that’s a long way off...

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Jeremy - the old duffer on 13:44 - Oct 31 with 454 viewsSadoldgit

Jeremy - the old duffer on 13:27 - Oct 31 by Chesham_Saint

I played football with quite a few Asian (mainly Muslim) guys and they were nice blokes but whilst they were happy to shag and drink (although not during a match, obvs) the thought of marrying outside their faith or race appalled them - partly on the basis of the racist views of their parents; so maybe it will change, but I suspect that’s a long way off...

I think you have hit the nail on the head there. Things get watered down through the generations. Mrs SOG was telling me the other day that her grandparents always stood up when the Queen came in the TV. Who does that now. Liberalism will always eventually win out over extremism because it takes less energy to go with the flow and to get on with everyone. There will always be those who push against it and force their will on others and occasionally these people succeed for a while, but I am a great believer that most people just want a quiet life and a reasonable standard of living.
Jeremy - the old duffer on 14:09 - Oct 31 with 445 viewsChesham_Saint

Jeremy - the old duffer on 13:44 - Oct 31 by Sadoldgit

I think you have hit the nail on the head there. Things get watered down through the generations. Mrs SOG was telling me the other day that her grandparents always stood up when the Queen came in the TV. Who does that now. Liberalism will always eventually win out over extremism because it takes less energy to go with the flow and to get on with everyone. There will always be those who push against it and force their will on others and occasionally these people succeed for a while, but I am a great believer that most people just want a quiet life and a reasonable standard of living.

WTF!? You don’t stand for the Queen? What’s the world coming to, FFS?!

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024