Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ings out for how long? 15:10 - Nov 1 with 3266 viewsJaySaint

sweepstake?

I think we do well to have him back before xmas.

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Ings out for how long? on 14:43 - Nov 2 with 1039 viewsTimSaint

Hopefully he will be ok for Friday, but if not, he can be benched or left out completely, giving him the International break to fully recover - if Southgate doesn't pick him, that is !!

We have plenty of other options to utilise - such as Long, Walcott, N'Lundulu and the seemingly forgotten man Obafemi (anyone know what has happened to him ?)

Anyone know how bad Bertrand was injured and if he is going to miss any games ?

I think Bednarek was just subbed as a precautionary concussion requirement and should hopefully be back in contention for Friday.

TimSaint

Ings out for how long? on 15:25 - Nov 2 with 1000 viewsSadoldgit

Ings out for how long? on 14:43 - Nov 2 by TimSaint

Hopefully he will be ok for Friday, but if not, he can be benched or left out completely, giving him the International break to fully recover - if Southgate doesn't pick him, that is !!

We have plenty of other options to utilise - such as Long, Walcott, N'Lundulu and the seemingly forgotten man Obafemi (anyone know what has happened to him ?)

I think Bednarek was just subbed as a precautionary concussion requirement and should hopefully be back in contention for Friday.

He got sent off in a B team game a couple of weeks ago.
Ings out for how long? on 15:43 - Nov 2 with 969 viewsSalisburySaint

Ings out for how long? on 14:43 - Nov 2 by TimSaint

read Bertrand was a hamstring issue

hopefully he just felt it tighten and as we were 4-0 up, he was just taken off as a precaution, but might be worth resting him Friday so has 3 weeks for this to recover
Ings out for how long? on 16:28 - Nov 2 with 933 viewssaint22

Ings out for how long? on 14:15 - Nov 2 by franniesTache

It's bone bruising and not ligament damage, should be a quick recovery.

Great news
that said I would still rest him Friday give him 3 weeks to recover AND not get called up for England
Let Shane loose he will have something to prove
Ings out for how long? on 11:16 - Nov 4 with 763 viewsJaySaint

Out for 4-6 weeks, requires minor surgery
This was decided after training yesterday as the niggle was still there.

Not related to his previous knee issues
[Post edited 4 Nov 2020 11:18]

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Ings out for how long? on 14:24 - Nov 4 with 686 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ings out for how long? on 11:16 - Nov 4 by JaySaint

Out for 4-6 weeks, requires minor surgery
This was decided after training yesterday as the niggle was still there.

Not related to his previous knee issues
[Post edited 4 Nov 2020 11:18]

Yep 4 to 6 weeks.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11700/12123453/

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Ings out for how long? on 14:35 - Nov 4 with 677 viewsSonicBoom

That is really bad news. Replacing his goals will frankly be impossible. Im a big fan of Adams but he hasn't shown that clinical edge as yet. Theo has never been a central striker.
It's no real criticism of the team, more a compliment to the class of Ings.
We're going to need the whole team to step up now, clean sheets will be essential and let's hope we can nick a few goals.
Ings out for how long? on 14:47 - Nov 4 with 668 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ings out for how long? on 14:35 - Nov 4 by SonicBoom

That is really bad news. Replacing his goals will frankly be impossible. Im a big fan of Adams but he hasn't shown that clinical edge as yet. Theo has never been a central striker.
We're going to need the whole team to step up now, clean sheets will be essential and let's hope we can nick a few goals.

Sometimes injuries like this force others to step up or it changes the dynamic. Adams / Walcott might relish being the main man, who knows, we might be ok but it's a big blow to our chances of finishing highly.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2020 14:48]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Login to get fewer ads

Ings out for how long? on 14:55 - Nov 4 with 656 viewssaint22

Ings out for how long? on 14:35 - Nov 4 by SonicBoom

its a massive blow and one we all knew could happen if he got injured
can the team step up as you say? lets see, his work rate and defending from the front will be a huge miss, goals aside
guess at least the international break means 2 of the weeks are off anyway
Ings out for how long? on 16:02 - Nov 4 with 618 viewsSonicBoom

I guess if you have an outstanding player then it's a risk you have to accept. Look at Liverpool, even they are not the same without VVD.
Ings out for how long? on 20:03 - Nov 4 with 556 viewsTimSaint

Ings out for how long? on 16:02 - Nov 4 by SonicBoom

I guess if you have an outstanding player then it's a risk you have to accept. Look at Liverpool, even they are not the same without VVD.

Ings is our top scorer so far this season, but I was saying to my daughter at 3-0 during the Villa game, that it is good that our goals this season have been shared out and are not all coming from Ings, like last season.

The midfield have chipped in already and even Vest has notched 2 in 2 away games. Adams has started scoring much earlier than last season and the likes of Walcott, Redmond and Armstrong all potentially have goals in them. Even Long may notch - as he likes scoring against the Geordies !!

Goals so far.......

5 - Ings
3- JWP
2 - Adams
2 - Vest
1- Djenepo
1 - Romeu

Ings is a key player for us, but I guess only our performances and results over the next 6 weeks will prove if we can cope without him or not !! :-)

TimSaint

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024