Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans back in December 15:19 - Nov 23 with 2864 viewsSaintsforeverj

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/55010011

Anybody know what tier Southampton is in? Will be interested to see how they decide who can go.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Fans back in December on 15:59 - Nov 23 with 1998 viewssolent_toffee

We were in tier one prior to lockdown. So what’s that, 4K fans?
Fans back in December on 16:06 - Nov 23 with 1992 viewsSaintsforeverj

Fans back in December on 15:59 - Nov 23 by solent_toffee

We were in tier one prior to lockdown. So what’s that, 4K fans?

Yeah 4000. But Southampton Central has had a huge number of infections in comparison to the outskirts, so St Mary's stadium comes within a high risk area but I think the Tiers cover wider areas so not sure. The tiers are changing too, so it could be 2000 fans.

Fans back in December on 16:25 - Nov 23 with 1961 viewsSalisburySaint

Would imagine Saints will have to have a rethink, they suggested that they were planning for 8k fans attending initially
Fans back in December on 16:28 - Nov 23 with 1954 viewsBicester_North

Must have to be dependent on what the stadium capacity is too? 4000 at Eastleigh a bit different to 4000 at SMS

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Fans back in December on 16:30 - Nov 23 with 1954 viewsSaintsforeverj

Fans back in December on 16:25 - Nov 23 by SalisburySaint

Would imagine Saints will have to have a rethink, they suggested that they were planning for 8k fans attending initially

They will surely have to work out who has had a ST for longest, away games attended and then ballot. Whoever has had a ST longest and attended most away games get to go. Can't see any other way other than random from a hat?

Fans back in December on 16:45 - Nov 23 with 1937 viewsSalisburySaint

Fans back in December on 16:30 - Nov 23 by Saintsforeverj

They will surely have to work out who has had a ST for longest, away games attended and then ballot. Whoever has had a ST longest and attended most away games get to go. Can't see any other way other than random from a hat?

Rewarding long standing season ticket holders and those who never miss a game was top of the list when allocating tickets for 8k
Fans back in December on 16:57 - Nov 23 with 1925 viewsdirk_doone

Fans back in December on 16:45 - Nov 23 by SalisburySaint

Rewarding long standing season ticket holders and those who never miss a game was top of the list when allocating tickets for 8k

That would mean the tickets would go to people in a high risk category as most of them would be over 70. You're right though: about the only way you could discriminate between season ticket holders would be to select the 4,000 who've held them the longest. A ticket lottery might allow a few younger and more vocal fans to attend.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2020 17:01]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Fans back in December on 17:17 - Nov 23 with 1890 viewskingslandstand1

Fans back in December on 16:57 - Nov 23 by dirk_doone

That would mean the tickets would go to people in a high risk category as most of them would be over 70. You're right though: about the only way you could discriminate between season ticket holders would be to select the 4,000 who've held them the longest. A ticket lottery might allow a few younger and more vocal fans to attend.

As I said in your thread above Dirk, I really am not keen on going to a game at full price with that lack of "match day" atmosphere

Don't know what others think?
Login to get fewer ads

Fans back in December on 19:13 - Nov 23 with 1839 viewsSaintsforeverj

Fans back in December on 17:17 - Nov 23 by kingslandstand1

As I said in your thread above Dirk, I really am not keen on going to a game at full price with that lack of "match day" atmosphere

Don't know what others think?

They will ballot people and ask if they want to attend. Some of the most longstanding fans, won't want to attend, then the club can offer tickets to others. If offered to go, I would go. Rather watch live football, even if not the full experience for the moment.

Fans back in December on 06:55 - Nov 24 with 1738 viewssolent_toffee

That would be fine for the first game, but you couldn’t have the same fans going to every game and other ST holders missing out. Also, would you want to go the game by yourself or with friends/family you always go to.

I jumped the gun a few months ago and contacted Everton to ask to bubble with my two brothers. They contacted me straight away to say that they would be sending out a survey to fans and this would dictate how they would allocate seats.
Fans back in December on 07:13 - Nov 24 with 1732 viewsBison

Fans back in December on 06:55 - Nov 24 by solent_toffee

That would be fine for the first game, but you couldn’t have the same fans going to every game and other ST holders missing out. Also, would you want to go the game by yourself or with friends/family you always go to.

I jumped the gun a few months ago and contacted Everton to ask to bubble with my two brothers. They contacted me straight away to say that they would be sending out a survey to fans and this would dictate how they would allocate seats.

I presume you live down here Toffs so would you be able to travel the length of the country into a tier3 zone then back again ? Wouldn't that be considered a no no ?

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Fans back in December on 07:39 - Nov 24 with 1714 viewsSalisburySaint

Fans back in December on 19:13 - Nov 23 by Saintsforeverj

They will ballot people and ask if they want to attend. Some of the most longstanding fans, won't want to attend, then the club can offer tickets to others. If offered to go, I would go. Rather watch live football, even if not the full experience for the moment.

at SFC's virtual fans meeting that Nick and I attended in October on top of existing season ticket holders who didn't renew, who must be a fair number, a ,couple of my mates didn't for starters, that 12% of season ticket holders who had renewed said they were either not interested to attend or unable to attend as they were shielding.

Been season ticket holder since 1977 (but not over 70), and If I'm given the opportunity to attend I definitely would.
Fans back in December on 08:19 - Nov 24 with 1689 viewsSaintNick

The tickets would not all go to those over 70, for a start Saints don't hold season ticket records for a truly long period, possibly only around 10 years or so at the most.

If they firstly looked at fans who had held a season ticket and were going to double figures in away games, they they would probably find they had around 1,000 who qualified, if they ring fenced these and let them go to every game then you would ensure that the most loyal fans would see every game, that would leave 3,000 tickets for those that wanted to go out of the remaining season ticket holder base.

This is not ideal, but it is important for those who are truly dedicated to the club to see the games week in week out than have to miss a game because someone who doesn't really care whether they go or not that much watches a game whilst they are locked out

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Fans back in December on 08:37 - Nov 24 with 1670 viewssolent_toffee

Fans back in December on 07:13 - Nov 24 by Bison

I presume you live down here Toffs so would you be able to travel the length of the country into a tier3 zone then back again ? Wouldn't that be considered a no no ?

Yes, I live in Bursledon, so Eastleigh in the tier thing which was tier 1. Liverpool’s rate per 100k has gone right down so they might be in tier 2, possibly tier 1.

I’ve got a season ticket so will have my name in the hat, so to speak. But doubt I would go until there’s more allowed into the ground.

I think this new ruling is great for league one and two clubs as it will support them financially, I’m not what impact having 4K will have in the premier league.
Fans back in December on 08:54 - Nov 24 with 1665 viewsBison

Fans back in December on 08:37 - Nov 24 by solent_toffee

Yes, I live in Bursledon, so Eastleigh in the tier thing which was tier 1. Liverpool’s rate per 100k has gone right down so they might be in tier 2, possibly tier 1.

I’ve got a season ticket so will have my name in the hat, so to speak. But doubt I would go until there’s more allowed into the ground.

I think this new ruling is great for league one and two clubs as it will support them financially, I’m not what impact having 4K will have in the premier league.

Well good luck mate I guess you have enough on your plate just thinking about Xmas and family. With my cynical hat on I bet you could get a hefty price for your ticket if your name did pop out though I expect your mates / family would be first in line !

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Fans back in December on 09:08 - Nov 24 with 1656 viewsSaintNick

Fans back in December on 08:37 - Nov 24 by solent_toffee

The issue may also be that for a club like Liverpool and Manchester United and the London club's that their ground might be in tier 2 or 1 at a given time, but a fair chunk of their season ticket holders might be in tier 3 and travel to the game and cause infection.

The issue for the government has never been how many are in the ground, but one of mass transit, both with home support but also away support, yes they would have no tickets, but a fair chunk of Liverpool & Manchester United's support go to away games without a ticket and watch it in the pub they are worried this might be the case.

Everton have issues of their own aside from the 30% of Everton season ticket holders who live in Liverpool itself, there are another 35% on the Wirral who are bordering on Wales which is where the other 35% of the Goodison fanbase reside, or the Flintshire faithful as they are affectionately known

NB The last paragraph is purely for amusement purposes only and should not be taken seriously

This post has been edited by an administrator

Fans back in December on 09:48 - Nov 24 with 1638 viewssolent_toffee

Fans back in December on 08:54 - Nov 24 by Bison

Well good luck mate I guess you have enough on your plate just thinking about Xmas and family. With my cynical hat on I bet you could get a hefty price for your ticket if your name did pop out though I expect your mates / family would be first in line !

Cheers, Christmas is becoming a bit of a ball ache. I’d rather write it off and stop down here but family politics are taking over.

From I understand Everton are going to have match bubbles so we can go together when our numbers come in. It’s a logistical nightmare and I don’t think the clubs will be able to do right for doing wrong. That said, I think there’s a lot more pressing things than watching football at the moment.
Fans back in December on 09:51 - Nov 24 with 1633 viewssolent_toffee

Fans back in December on 09:08 - Nov 24 by SaintNick

The issue may also be that for a club like Liverpool and Manchester United and the London club's that their ground might be in tier 2 or 1 at a given time, but a fair chunk of their season ticket holders might be in tier 3 and travel to the game and cause infection.

The issue for the government has never been how many are in the ground, but one of mass transit, both with home support but also away support, yes they would have no tickets, but a fair chunk of Liverpool & Manchester United's support go to away games without a ticket and watch it in the pub they are worried this might be the case.

Everton have issues of their own aside from the 30% of Everton season ticket holders who live in Liverpool itself, there are another 35% on the Wirral who are bordering on Wales which is where the other 35% of the Goodison fanbase reside, or the Flintshire faithful as they are affectionately known

NB The last paragraph is purely for amusement purposes only and should not be taken seriously

This post has been edited by an administrator

Haha, to be fair we do have our fair share of wools but nothing like our friends from across the park.

I think you’re right about the pubs as well. Every Liverpool game is now an event in town. All the pubs are packed out with people coming from all over. With limited fans in the ground, will they still come and how can it be controlled.
Fans back in December on 10:45 - Nov 24 with 1609 viewsSaintNick

Fans back in December on 09:51 - Nov 24 by solent_toffee

Haha, to be fair we do have our fair share of wools but nothing like our friends from across the park.

I think you’re right about the pubs as well. Every Liverpool game is now an event in town. All the pubs are packed out with people coming from all over. With limited fans in the ground, will they still come and how can it be controlled.

You make a good point, but I think the main issue is away from home as there will be a different city each time being visited so it has the potential to spread out more

Fans back in December on 17:46 - Nov 24 with 1530 viewsPoirot

Southampton would have gone up a tier within days of the full month long that we are now in. It looks to have peaked locally around 3 days ago and is now going downwards and so i would expect medium level.

Ive not seen if its going to be county or city level tiered.

Just dont tell anyone that youre not aloud to shout or sing inside the grounds.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2020 17:47]
Fans back in December on 19:24 - Nov 24 with 1485 viewsBerber

I'm guessing that it will be restricted to season ticket holders, first taking out those that choose to opt out. After that, you could take those who attend a game out of the pot for next time until all ST holders who want to attend have had the chance. Then start again if necessary. I'd jump at the chance to attend any game and meet whatever rules were applied. For me, the whole point has been to be there and see it happen as the teams battle it out. Everything else is a bonus. I feel the same about other live entertainment, especially the magic of seeing and hearing musicians make it happen in front of you.
Fans back in December on 20:42 - Nov 24 with 1466 viewsdirk_doone

It looks like Liverpool and Man United's owners may already had a word with the Premier League. They are telling the government that if all Premier League clubs aren't allowed to have crowds, then none should be.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2020 22:10]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Fans back in December on 21:13 - Nov 24 with 1454 views1ASIN12

Unfortunately I think Southampton could be placed in tier 2 which would mean only 2000 fans allowed in.

Hoping I’m one of them , even though the experience will be completely different.

I was saying at work the other day that this is the longest I’ve not attended a Saints game since my dad 1st took me to The Dell when I was 8.
Fans back in December on 09:50 - Nov 25 with 1386 viewsNumber_58

Surely stadium size must come into it? 2000 at St Mary's would potentially give everyone 15 spare seats around them (if my maths is correct) while 2000 at Old Trafford would give everyone 37. Transport infrastructure too. At the Amex, for example, everyone's encouraged to travel by train, which as we know ain't great for social distancing. At least at SMS we can park up in the city centre and walk to the ground.
Fans back in December on 11:22 - Nov 25 with 1362 viewsSaintsforeverj

Fans back in December on 09:50 - Nov 25 by Number_58

Surely stadium size must come into it? 2000 at St Mary's would potentially give everyone 15 spare seats around them (if my maths is correct) while 2000 at Old Trafford would give everyone 37. Transport infrastructure too. At the Amex, for example, everyone's encouraged to travel by train, which as we know ain't great for social distancing. At least at SMS we can park up in the city centre and walk to the ground.

I think the 4000 / 2000 cap is to do with the government not wanting fans travelling around the country too. You could have 30 000 socially distanced fans sitting in Old Trafford, but lots of these fans would be travelling from across the country. The worry is also fans mingling in pubs etc before and after games. Over 4000, would risk too many groups of fans congregating in pubs or whereever.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2020 11:23]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024