Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just a bad day at the office 16:34 - Nov 29 with 1953 viewsSaintsforeverj

We were lucky to go 2 nil up to be honest. When Ves stopped and let them through on goal, I thought here we go. Then Mccarthy sent a pass straight to them. Armstrong in the box just stood there too, when defending. We looked sloppy today. Players unmarked and no edge. I knew at 2 1, we would lose 3 2. Against top players, Saints lose their heads, panic and get punished.

We can talk about subs / tactics etc but the whole team just didn't have that edge today and none of them took charge on the pitch. Annoying, but one of those days I think. Let's not forget our great start to the season and that if we finish in the top 10, it will be a good season.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2020 16:36]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Just a bad day at the office on 16:48 - Nov 29 with 1901 viewssaint22

Good points
We missed ings a lot today
Just a bad day at the office on 16:50 - Nov 29 with 1892 viewsSaintsforeverj

Just a bad day at the office on 16:48 - Nov 29 by saint22

Good points
We missed ings a lot today

Yeah definitely miss Ings. But it goes without saying we miss a top player like Ings. And even Redmond we miss I think.

Just a bad day at the office on 16:52 - Nov 29 with 1887 viewsSonicBoom

The difference was mentality. At 2-0 United were sure they could come back. We were not convinced we would win.
A really top team would have pushed on and finished them. We were just waiting for them to score.
Just a bad day at the office on 16:52 - Nov 29 with 1884 viewsIngskneeslide

They brought on Cavani to change the game, our equivalent was Shane Long. I’ve got nothing against Shane but even he would admit that that’s a bit of a gulf in class.

The Premier League is fundamentally unfair and we are doing very well to mix it with the big boys. In boxing this match up would never have taken place. We are competitive and not a million miles away from being a consistent top 10 team. If we keep improving the squad each year I think we can expect some European football and maybe a trophy or two. Considering I’ve seen us achieve pretty much fûck all in my time supporting Saints I can take the odd defeat against one of the biggest clubs in the world now and again if it means we’re on the right path to something bigger.
Just a bad day at the office on 16:58 - Nov 29 with 1862 viewsSaintsforeverj

Just a bad day at the office on 16:52 - Nov 29 by Ingskneeslide

They brought on Cavani to change the game, our equivalent was Shane Long. I’ve got nothing against Shane but even he would admit that that’s a bit of a gulf in class.

The Premier League is fundamentally unfair and we are doing very well to mix it with the big boys. In boxing this match up would never have taken place. We are competitive and not a million miles away from being a consistent top 10 team. If we keep improving the squad each year I think we can expect some European football and maybe a trophy or two. Considering I’ve seen us achieve pretty much fûck all in my time supporting Saints I can take the odd defeat against one of the biggest clubs in the world now and again if it means we’re on the right path to something bigger.

For some reason, we lost our heads today, like we have seen in the past and we were well off the pace. Too many beers on Saturday night at home? Man U would have been in a hotel.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2020 17:00]

Just a bad day at the office on 17:09 - Nov 29 with 1824 viewssaintmary5

That hurt but the fact I told my husband to cash out at half time to gain £20 from his £10 stake (he did) on Saints to win says it all! I have complete faith in Ralph but he knows we need to reinforce our backs situation and hopefully come next season we will be able to hold onto a good lead supported by good performance!!
Just a bad day at the office on 17:17 - Nov 29 with 1787 viewsgreen

Yes, agree with that, we were lucky to go in 2 up. We didn't start well, the goal changed things and we had a good spell but we were giving them so many chances it almost seemed inevitable. We seemed a bit off the usual pace today and we haven't been as sloppy with passes for a while now.

Just look at the two teams' benches today and it shows how well we've done to get to where we have done.
Just a bad day at the office on 17:49 - Nov 29 with 1689 viewsPoirot

https://trademarks.ipo.gov.uk/ipo-tmcase/page/Results/4/EU014650394
Login to get fewer ads

Just a bad day at the office on 17:57 - Nov 29 with 1677 viewssaintmary5

Just a bad day at the office on 17:49 - Nov 29 by Poirot

https://trademarks.ipo.gov.uk/ipo-tmcase/page/Results/4/EU014650394

Don’t understand. Please explain. Thank you.
Just a bad day at the office on 18:00 - Nov 29 with 1668 viewssaint22

Just a bad day at the office on 16:52 - Nov 29 by SonicBoom

The difference was mentality. At 2-0 United were sure they could come back. We were not convinced we would win.
A really top team would have pushed on and finished them. We were just waiting for them to score.

Exactly this
Too often we take 5he lead and 8nstead of killing the game off we let sides back into it
I mean we were 4 nil up at villa remember....
It was united and cavani tho but that said we could and should have seen a draw out, Ralph’s late late subs is not the way, it needed freshening up on 65
Just a bad day at the office on 18:30 - Nov 29 with 1628 viewscocklebreath

We gave the ball away so often, really sloppy like we were against Wolves 2nd half.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Just a bad day at the office on 03:51 - Nov 30 with 1459 views1teeminants

Excellent post and sums up my feelings exactly .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Just a bad day at the office on 08:11 - Nov 30 with 1396 viewssaint22

This much is true but its the fact we virtually gifted them all 3 goals that's galling
Just a bad day at the office on 09:51 - Nov 30 with 1335 viewsericofarabia

I think JWP getting an early booking took a bit of our competiveness from our midfield.
Bringing on Nlundu instead of the thoroughly predictable Long would surely have been a better option subs wise. Even Stephens to beef up midfield.
End of the day though, footballing wise, we are light years ahead of where we were for the kast 4 ir 5 years and it is a joy to watch them play win draw or lose.
Just a bad day at the office on 11:25 - Nov 30 with 1296 viewsSalisburySaint

Not sure why anyone got their hopes up too much yesterday, Bednarek has now scored three times v Chelsea, Wolves and now Man Utd.

On each occasion Saints have gone 2-0 up and finished up losing 3-2

I was aware watching game yesterday of first two results when he had scored , but hoping for third time lucky, but no to be.

Should have put a sneaky bet on at 2-0 up as sure the odds would have been pretty good.
Just a bad day at the office on 15:01 - Nov 30 with 1239 viewsMRHALL93

Just a bad day at the office on 16:50 - Nov 29 by Saintsforeverj

Yeah definitely miss Ings. But it goes without saying we miss a top player like Ings. And even Redmond we miss I think.

I agree we missed Ings. Not just from a goalscoring perspective but he really leads the team when we press, it felt like the team pressed at the wrong times yesterday and we never really settled into a rhythm. I don't how much of this is down to United playing a diamond, maybe that massively through our gameplan out the window?

As for Redmond, I was saying yesterday if Redmond played like Djenepo did he'd play so much better. Djenepo's biggest strength is probably how good he is at finding space off the ball than in return that drags players out of position. Something Redmond rarely does. I really do feel that Djenepo does not have the same chemistry with Ryan Bertrand that Redmond does. It's probably our biggest thread is that Bertrand is always looking to overlap with Redmond on the pitch. The past two games, there's been a reluctancy to do so.
Just a bad day at the office on 15:44 - Nov 30 with 1215 viewsBerber

Just a bad day at the office on 16:50 - Nov 29 by Saintsforeverj

It would have been good to be able to bring Redmond on for Djenepo or vice versa.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024