Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So you would agree with the E.U. then? 11:17 - Dec 12 with 3002 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

At Present - What the EU are insisting -- is for instance ..... If the EU has to increase Their V.A.T rate to 22% to cover their OWN budget shortfall - Due to their overpaid unelected bureaucrats needing extra monies to cover their PRIVATE air transport (As they need to hire private jets - for their meeting jollies - look at their history on this!) ....... THEN if the UK did not increase our VAT by 2% ....... The EU have the rights to punish us by imposing sanctions --- if we do not fall in line with them - as we would have an unfair advantage!

So you would like to agree with that then?

Poll: As a Saint's supporter I Feel Southampton F.C. Public Relations Department is -

So you would agree with the E.U. then? on 13:43 - Dec 16 with 621 viewsfranniesTache

So you would agree with the E.U. then? on 13:18 - Dec 16 by Saintsforeverj

So why hasnt Germany started vaccinations then? And why are they annoyed? What's the reason, we are the first to vaccinate and they arn't?

Here is a German doctor quoted from what I posted

Its president Gerald Gass said: “I am asking myself if we really need time until Dec 29 to reach the approval of the vaccination in Europe – Europe should try to get an emergency authorisation earlier.

“That way we could still go into nursing homes with mobile teams before Christmas and vaccinate the residents.”

What does he mean "In Europe".
[Post edited 16 Dec 2020 13:27]

The German vaccine hasn't started because Germany choose to do more tests, they too could've used the same law we did to push theirs through. The law which was written in by the EU.

I'd suggest the meaning part is either lost in translation or political bias/propaganda from the source you're reading it from.
So you would agree with the E.U. then? on 13:51 - Dec 16 with 609 viewsJaySaint

So you would agree with the E.U. then? on 13:43 - Dec 16 by franniesTache

The German vaccine hasn't started because Germany choose to do more tests, they too could've used the same law we did to push theirs through. The law which was written in by the EU.

I'd suggest the meaning part is either lost in translation or political bias/propaganda from the source you're reading it from.

How many more test have they managed in the last week or two?

I am genuinely interested to know!

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

So you would agree with the E.U. then? on 13:56 - Dec 16 with 605 viewsSaintsforeverj

You're correct from what I understand that any EU member state could have used EU legislation to roll out the vaccine as the UK has. But for political reasons and for the sake of having a unified approach, all EU members agreed not to. This has upset some of the EU member states (some of their doctors, people, MP's).

Some EU countries are ready to vaccinate and technically could using EU legislation to do it, but can't as there has been an agreement not to. The UK technically used EU legislation to roll out the vaccine, but had we not been about to leave, we would probably have had to agree with the other EU states to be a part of the unified approach and not rolled it out. But ultimately, because we are leaving the EU, we have been able to vaccinate earlier than any EU country, not just Germany. We can discuss the technicalities but the EU hasn't started vaccinations, much to the annoyance of many of their members, but the UK has because we didn't bother with any agreements. We don't need to agree with the EU, we can just get things done.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2020 14:05]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

So you would agree with the E.U. then? on 14:05 - Dec 16 with 591 viewsMessysaints

So you would agree with the E.U. then? on 13:56 - Dec 16 by Saintsforeverj

You're correct from what I understand that any EU member state could have used EU legislation to roll out the vaccine as the UK has. But for political reasons and for the sake of having a unified approach, all EU members agreed not to. This has upset some of the EU member states (some of their doctors, people, MP's).

Some EU countries are ready to vaccinate and technically could using EU legislation to do it, but can't as there has been an agreement not to. The UK technically used EU legislation to roll out the vaccine, but had we not been about to leave, we would probably have had to agree with the other EU states to be a part of the unified approach and not rolled it out. But ultimately, because we are leaving the EU, we have been able to vaccinate earlier than any EU country, not just Germany. We can discuss the technicalities but the EU hasn't started vaccinations, much to the annoyance of many of their members, but the UK has because we didn't bother with any agreements. We don't need to agree with the EU, we can just get things done.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2020 14:05]

because the eu has not finished it checks, untill it does, no vaccine is allowed to be brought or sold ( imported ) in the EU as EU trading laws state all vaccines must be approved by the EMA. you can find it written on the eu website. if its made in your country then you can give it to your population but still barred from trading it to other members.
So you would agree with the E.U. then? on 14:09 - Dec 16 with 587 viewsSaintsforeverj

So you would agree with the E.U. then? on 14:05 - Dec 16 by Messysaints

because the eu has not finished it checks, untill it does, no vaccine is allowed to be brought or sold ( imported ) in the EU as EU trading laws state all vaccines must be approved by the EMA. you can find it written on the eu website. if its made in your country then you can give it to your population but still barred from trading it to other members.

Exactly. No more checks are needed, it's safe. So good job we are not part of their pointless delays. They can keep doing their checks, whilst we get back to normal and actually save lives.

We are free from having to agree with the EU now. We can do what we want, speeding things up and bypassing all the lengthy agreements.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2020 14:12]

So you would agree with the E.U. then? on 14:48 - Dec 16 with 569 views1885_SFC

There's irony for you - Germany actually trying to save European lives for once.

Old School is Cool

So you would agree with the E.U. then? on 15:14 - Dec 16 with 554 viewsDorsetIan

So you would agree with the E.U. then? on 14:09 - Dec 16 by Saintsforeverj

Exactly. No more checks are needed, it's safe. So good job we are not part of their pointless delays. They can keep doing their checks, whilst we get back to normal and actually save lives.

We are free from having to agree with the EU now. We can do what we want, speeding things up and bypassing all the lengthy agreements.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2020 14:12]

I don't know about the Vaccine issue but certainly one of the advantages of leaving the EU is that we no longer need to follow all their rules.

All of us as individuals and all companies will, of course, have more 'red tape' to navigate when dealing with Europe, so it remains to be seen whether we will have more or less 'delays' when everything is taken in the round.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

So you would agree with the E.U. then? on 15:25 - Dec 16 with 552 viewsSaintsforeverj

So you would agree with the E.U. then? on 15:14 - Dec 16 by DorsetIan

I don't know about the Vaccine issue but certainly one of the advantages of leaving the EU is that we no longer need to follow all their rules.

All of us as individuals and all companies will, of course, have more 'red tape' to navigate when dealing with Europe, so it remains to be seen whether we will have more or less 'delays' when everything is taken in the round.

Just the very idea of having to sit round a table with 27 other countries, agreeing stuff to apply in every country ( and the time it takes), when we are all individual countries with different needs, was one of the reasons amongst other things, that made me put a cross next to leave in the ballot box. There may be some difficulties to start with, less so if we get a deal, but in the end I think leaving the EU will bring many positives.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2020 16:39]

Login to get fewer ads

So you would agree with the E.U. then? on 16:11 - Dec 16 with 537 viewsDorsetIan

So you would agree with the E.U. then? on 15:25 - Dec 16 by Saintsforeverj

Just the very idea of having to sit round a table with 27 other countries, agreeing stuff to apply in every country ( and the time it takes), when we are all individual countries with different needs, was one of the reasons amongst other things, that made me put a cross next to leave in the ballot box. There may be some difficulties to start with, less so if we get a deal, but in the end I think leaving the EU will bring many positives.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2020 16:39]

I can understand your point of view on that issue of 27 different countries and the difficulties.

I sort of saw it from the other angle - how amazing it was that something involving so many countries could function at all, and the positives that came when everyone was able to agree and cooperate. (Particularly given the massive historical animosity between many of these countries).

Looks like a deal is becoming more likely again. And, yes, it's time to move on and take advantage of the independence, however that shakes out.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

So you would agree with the E.U. then? on 13:32 - Dec 17 with 487 viewsJaySaint

"We didn't expect the Germans to order us to start vaccinating so soon. We were supposed to be the ones announcing it. Mutti promised..."

EU now racing to start vaccinating people

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

So you would agree with the E.U. then? on 14:09 - Dec 17 with 480 viewsdwayne_dibley

Basically the EU Establishment is holding back the vaccine for the lower social classes and those dependant on state aid to reduce the social care bill and clean out stroppy gang culture

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

So you would agree with the E.U. then? on 18:35 - Dec 17 with 453 viewskernow

So you would agree with the E.U. then? on 14:09 - Dec 17 by dwayne_dibley

Basically the EU Establishment is holding back the vaccine for the lower social classes and those dependant on state aid to reduce the social care bill and clean out stroppy gang culture

How come the Brit establishment aren't seen to be doing that then?
So you would agree with the E.U. then? on 20:02 - Dec 17 with 427 viewsKennington

ASIS did you about 15 years ago live in a block of flats in north London?

Reason why I ask, is I did, and there was a guy no one saw but was notorious as he stuck bizarre rambling posters and messages about the illuminati and conspiracies on his front door. This was unsightly in a decent block, yet he was allowed to do it. Anyway he used the exact same capitalisation of a word or two in every sentence or two as your posts. So wondered if it was you as it’s rather unusual.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

So you would agree with the E.U. then? on 20:59 - Dec 17 with 402 viewsgrumpy

So you would agree with the E.U. then? on 16:11 - Dec 16 by DorsetIan

I can understand your point of view on that issue of 27 different countries and the difficulties.

I sort of saw it from the other angle - how amazing it was that something involving so many countries could function at all, and the positives that came when everyone was able to agree and cooperate. (Particularly given the massive historical animosity between many of these countries).

Looks like a deal is becoming more likely again. And, yes, it's time to move on and take advantage of the independence, however that shakes out.

To bring together 27 countries in a union is as you say amazing, all the more so because of their history.
Don't ask me to understand why we have voted to break away from them, it undermines us and them.
I can see fewer advantages than I can see disadvantages.
Boris will get his deal, he has to, but read the small print very carefully.
That wont matter anyway because with over 80 seat majority its a forgone conclusion and a sad day for our union of which Scotland and maybe Northern Ireland will not be of.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024