Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
january 13:51 - Dec 29 with 1307 viewssaint22

So we know we need a CB.....again!!
But what about this one?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55476267

january on 14:08 - Dec 29 with 1282 viewsA1079

No thank you 22.

Has a sh*t attitude wherever he goes and is known to be disruptive. Can be quite brilliant when he focuses on his football but is temperamental. I would rather value Ralph's building of a team spirit and sense of working together even if that sometimes means not having the best players than risk undoing that.

To be honest, I don't anticipate any purchases in January and though a loan is not out of the question I think even that is remote. I accept the team that we have for this season and for RH to make the best use of it. That may mean phases in performances and results - some good and some not so good. I still think we have and are making progress under RH and I am as keen as anyone to challenge the best but I would rather walk before we try to run.

It is just my point of view and I accept it may not fit well with some.
january on 14:42 - Dec 29 with 1247 viewscocklebreath

We don’t need a centre back

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

january on 15:51 - Dec 29 with 1216 viewsBicester_North

january on 14:08 - Dec 29 by A1079

No thank you 22.

Has a sh*t attitude wherever he goes and is known to be disruptive. Can be quite brilliant when he focuses on his football but is temperamental. I would rather value Ralph's building of a team spirit and sense of working together even if that sometimes means not having the best players than risk undoing that.

To be honest, I don't anticipate any purchases in January and though a loan is not out of the question I think even that is remote. I accept the team that we have for this season and for RH to make the best use of it. That may mean phases in performances and results - some good and some not so good. I still think we have and are making progress under RH and I am as keen as anyone to challenge the best but I would rather walk before we try to run.

It is just my point of view and I accept it may not fit well with some.

Have to agree, it’s a crackpot suggestion

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

january on 16:53 - Dec 29 with 1176 viewsKennington

He’s an Osvaldo, can kick off a row in an empty room type. Although saints arguably sign too many nice personalities that one assumes spend their spare time helping their mother in laws with jigsaw puzzles and the ironing, he’s the other extreme. I’d expect West Ham or maybe Wolves to come in for him.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

january on 19:51 - Dec 29 with 1145 viewssaint22

january on 16:53 - Dec 29 by Kennington

He’s an Osvaldo, can kick off a row in an empty room type. Although saints arguably sign too many nice personalities that one assumes spend their spare time helping their mother in laws with jigsaw puzzles and the ironing, he’s the other extreme. I’d expect West Ham or maybe Wolves to come in for him.

Well that may be but we need to freshen it up as it looks very stale right now
january on 19:53 - Dec 29 with 1143 viewsBicester_North

january on 19:51 - Dec 29 by saint22

Well that may be but we need to freshen it up as it looks very stale right now

What by signing Costa? Did you expect us to maintain top 4 form all season with the resources we have?
Go and support Liverpool Lauren

january on 20:06 - Dec 29 with 1124 viewsInsideOut

All these clean sheets and nippers are still wetting the bed
[Post edited 29 Dec 2020 20:07]

Poll: WTF is a little pompey ?

january on 20:08 - Dec 29 with 1118 viewssaint22

january on 20:06 - Dec 29 by InsideOut

All these clean sheets and nippers are still wetting the bed
[Post edited 29 Dec 2020 20:07]

It’s not bed wetting
A clean sheet against Fulham or wham is what I expect
If we can replicate that come Monday night then I would be happy
Login to get fewer ads

january on 20:11 - Dec 29 with 1109 viewsInsideOut

january on 20:08 - Dec 29 by saint22

It’s not bed wetting

You're full of expectations (sic)

Poll: WTF is a little pompey ?

january on 20:13 - Dec 29 with 1108 viewsBicester_North

january on 20:08 - Dec 29 by saint22

It’s not bed wetting

“Wham” have only failed to score in 1 of their previous 17 games this season you lying weirdo

january on 11:15 - Dec 30 with 1023 viewsDorsetIan

There’s enough sh1t going to be happening in January with this Covid surge, and I’m not going to waste my time speculating about who are going to get in, when we all know the answer is no one.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

january on 12:15 - Dec 30 with 991 views1885_SFC

january on 11:15 - Dec 30 by DorsetIan

There’s enough sh1t going to be happening in January with this Covid surge, and I’m not going to waste my time speculating about who are going to get in, when we all know the answer is no one.

Indeed. Your Liverpool's & Chelsea's etc will do what they always do in January & splash out 60 or 70 million quid on a single player in a desperate bid not to miss out on a Champions League place next year - but the rest of us will probably spend very little, if anything, the way the world is right now.

Things will be so bad in January with this virus that football will be postponed once again anyway. The surge is coming. The only transfer I'd like to see is a transfer of the vaccine from syringe into my arm!

Old School is Cool

january on 12:33 - Dec 30 with 976 viewsChesham_Saint

january on 20:13 - Dec 29 by Bicester_North

“Wham” have only failed to score in 1 of their previous 17 games this season you lying weirdo

Also, when did “Wham” last fail to score againstSaints, let alone just fail to score?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

january on 14:07 - Dec 30 with 942 viewsWaylander

Diego Costa is an utter c#nt who disrupts teams and makes enemies whereever he goes. I also very much doubt we could come close to affording the sort of money he would demand.
january on 20:01 - Dec 30 with 846 viewsDorsetIan

january on 12:15 - Dec 30 by 1885_SFC

Indeed. Your Liverpool's & Chelsea's etc will do what they always do in January & splash out 60 or 70 million quid on a single player in a desperate bid not to miss out on a Champions League place next year - but the rest of us will probably spend very little, if anything, the way the world is right now.

Things will be so bad in January with this virus that football will be postponed once again anyway. The surge is coming. The only transfer I'd like to see is a transfer of the vaccine from syringe into my arm!

Yes, and big chance for Boris to claim another success he can set out a way in which we can all be vaccinated quickly and with a clear timetable.

It’s no mean task, but it’s not putting a man on the moon. Coordinating the vaccine, the needles, the injectors and people’s arms in double quick time should be the sort of national effort that we can all get behind.

january on 08:31 - Dec 31 with 797 viewsKennington

january on 20:01 - Dec 30 by DorsetIan

Yes, and big chance for Boris to claim another success he can set out a way in which we can all be vaccinated quickly and with a clear timetable.

It’s no mean task, but it’s not putting a man on the moon. Coordinating the vaccine, the needles, the injectors and people’s arms in double quick time should be the sort of national effort that we can all get behind.

The challenge is doing it while not ruining the rest of the health services the nhs provides. GPs for example could stop doing all their other appointments and only do covid, but that would mean even worse outcomes for things like cancer diagnosis rates, so that’s not a great idea. The army is an attractive option because they’re skilled and provide extra capacity.

What’s Diego Costa like at vaccination roll out planning? Maybe he can help,

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

january on 12:23 - Dec 31 with 764 viewsDorsetIan

january on 08:31 - Dec 31 by Kennington

The challenge is doing it while not ruining the rest of the health services the nhs provides. GPs for example could stop doing all their other appointments and only do covid, but that would mean even worse outcomes for things like cancer diagnosis rates, so that’s not a great idea. The army is an attractive option because they’re skilled and provide extra capacity.

What’s Diego Costa like at vaccination roll out planning? Maybe he can help,

Seems to be talk of the army already which is encouraging.

Mother in law, retired nurse, says not diff to give a injection. Worth a day training up volunteers to speed things up?

Anyway, hopefully they are on all this and can be imaginative and can roll this out double quick.

For me, this is the last chance for this lot to do something to do with Covid impressively.

january on 14:37 - Dec 31 with 737 viewsChesham_Saint

january on 12:23 - Dec 31 by DorsetIan

Seems to be talk of the army already which is encouraging.

Mother in law, retired nurse, says not diff to give a injection. Worth a day training up volunteers to speed things up?

Anyway, hopefully they are on all this and can be imaginative and can roll this out double quick.

For me, this is the last chance for this lot to do something to do with Covid impressively.

Never mind the Government and how good or bad it’s been. With vaccinations rolling out by the end of (Theresa) May, does this mean Nick can finally start planning the UI summer fete (and that’s ‘summer’ btw, not ‘scummer’ for any Portsdown Hillbillies looking in)?

Yay! Roll on 2021!

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

january on 15:16 - Dec 31 with 715 viewsBerber

january on 20:01 - Dec 30 by DorsetIan

It is possible to enlist as a NHS volunteer, marshalling queues in and out of test/vaccination centres, or as a driver taking supplies between locations etc. For those with first aider training the possibility to do more NHS related. They will need all the help they can get to do millions of injections every week for months. I am going to sign up for the dogsbody jobs (online).
january on 15:54 - Dec 31 with 698 viewsWaylander

january on 15:16 - Dec 31 by Berber

It is possible to enlist as a NHS volunteer, marshalling queues in and out of test/vaccination centres, or as a driver taking supplies between locations etc. For those with first aider training the possibility to do more NHS related. They will need all the help they can get to do millions of injections every week for months. I am going to sign up for the dogsbody jobs (online).

Good luck with getting a callback on that.
My missus is a retired nurse/midwife and volunteered to give vaccinations but no-one has got back in touch about it. Heard this about a lot of other recently retired medical staff *doctors/nurses/midwives). They're needed but the bureaucracy associated with getting them in is an utter sh#tshow.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2020 18:33]
january on 16:44 - Dec 31 with 668 viewsBerber

january on 15:54 - Dec 31 by Waylander

Good luck with getting a callback on that.
My missus is a retired nurse/midwife and volunteered to give vaccinations but no-one has got back in touch about it. Heard this about a lot of other recently retired medical staff *doctors/nurses/midwives). They're needed but the bureaucracy associated with getting them in is an utter sh#tshow.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2020 18:33]

The "non medical" volunteers are being recruited by St Johns, is that the same for the medical volunteers?
january on 17:16 - Dec 31 with 655 viewsDorsetIan

january on 15:16 - Dec 31 by Berber

I signed up for the N?hS volunteer thing back in the first lockdown. Am all registered, got the app and have been on ‘standby‘ most of the time since then to help with peoples shopping or delivering meds etc.

I know Dorset has had very very low case numbers, but I haven’t had a single request for help in all this time.

january on 18:34 - Dec 31 with 631 viewsWaylander

january on 16:44 - Dec 31 by Berber

The "non medical" volunteers are being recruited by St Johns, is that the same for the medical volunteers?

No - this is being run by the NHS
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024