Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nous allons, wir gehen, we’re off! 23:01 - Dec 31 with 3061 views1885_SFC

Old School is Cool

Nous allons, wir gehen, we’re off! on 17:28 - Jan 1 with 1101 viewsgrumpy

Nous allons, wir gehen, we’re off! on 16:30 - Jan 1 by 1885_SFC

With respect - that's bullshít and you know it.

What I said was on the BBC news site, are you saying they were talking bullshit?
[Post edited 1 Jan 2021 17:29]
Nous allons, wir gehen, we’re off! on 17:36 - Jan 1 with 1093 viewsgrumpy

Nous allons, wir gehen, we’re off! on 16:47 - Jan 1 by Saintsforeverj

And then we had a general election in which the party promising Brexit got the biggest majority since Thatcher. Without a doubt, the majority of people have instructed brexit, it is democracy so we have to accept it. Of course you are entitled to disagree but that's the system of democracy: the majority wins. Time will tell for sure but we will make it work. How many said there wil be a hard border between Spain and Gibraltar: didn't happen, we worked it out. Everything can and will be sorted out in time.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2021 16:49]

The General Election wasn't just about Brexit.
Many couldn't see Jerry Corbyn as Prime Minister.
Gibraltar voted overwhelmingly to remain, so they are not happy.
Spain has more important things on their mind at the moment, you can be sure they will return to it sooner or later.
Nous allons, wir gehen, we’re off! on 17:42 - Jan 1 with 1088 viewsSaintsforeverj

Nous allons, wir gehen, we’re off! on 17:36 - Jan 1 by grumpy

The General Election wasn't just about Brexit.
Many couldn't see Jerry Corbyn as Prime Minister.
Gibraltar voted overwhelmingly to remain, so they are not happy.
Spain has more important things on their mind at the moment, you can be sure they will return to it sooner or later.

Spain and the EU know that having a border between Gilbralter and Spain will damage both sides, so they have agreed not to have one - everything there, is carrying on as normal. Just like there was always going to be a deal, because neither side was logically going to lose a whole load of money. This logic will prevail and stuff will get sorted.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Nous allons, wir gehen, we’re off! on 17:56 - Jan 1 with 1082 viewsgrumpy

Nous allons, wir gehen, we’re off! on 17:42 - Jan 1 by Saintsforeverj

Spain and the EU know that having a border between Gilbralter and Spain will damage both sides, so they have agreed not to have one - everything there, is carrying on as normal. Just like there was always going to be a deal, because neither side was logically going to lose a whole load of money. This logic will prevail and stuff will get sorted.

Spain will not want a border,15000 Spanish work there.
Nous allons, wir gehen, we’re off! on 18:05 - Jan 1 with 1076 viewsJaySaint

Nous allons, wir gehen, we’re off! on 17:56 - Jan 1 by grumpy

Spain will not want a border,15000 Spanish work there.

Yet, the narrative was that Gibraltar was going to be isolated.
Reading today that the Mayor of Calais is working with local authorities to better the port facilities/handling, compared to what we were all used to, as concerns that we may open up further capacity in Belgium/Holland

Weird how the world turns, eh?

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Nous allons, wir gehen, we’re off! on 18:10 - Jan 1 with 1073 viewsgrumpy

Nous allons, wir gehen, we’re off! on 18:05 - Jan 1 by JaySaint

Yet, the narrative was that Gibraltar was going to be isolated.
Reading today that the Mayor of Calais is working with local authorities to better the port facilities/handling, compared to what we were all used to, as concerns that we may open up further capacity in Belgium/Holland

Weird how the world turns, eh?

That Mayor sounds a powerful chap.
Nous allons, wir gehen, we’re off! on 18:21 - Jan 1 with 1062 viewsdwayne_dibley

Nous allons, wir gehen, we’re off! on 17:28 - Jan 1 by grumpy

What I said was on the BBC news site, are you saying they were talking bullshit?
[Post edited 1 Jan 2021 17:29]

the BBC are paid by The Establishment to feed bullshit to the lower social classes and those it sees as a burden on the state coffers

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Nous allons, wir gehen, we’re off! on 18:36 - Jan 1 with 1052 viewskentsouthampton

Nous allons, wir gehen, we’re off! on 13:03 - Jan 1 by JaySaint

From the Fact Checker site...
This was before covid, so I am sure that funding has gone up further....

Of course, you will dismiss this and anything else that does not back up your narrative.

WHAT WAS CLAIMED
The government will be putting more money into the NHS.

OUR VERDICT
Spending increases announced for NHS England’s budget mean that £20.5 billion more will be spent on it in 2023/24 than in 2018/19. That’s £394 million more a week by 2023/24.

Still less in real terms than under the last Labour government.
They would have to spend treble that just to make up for the last ten years of cuts.
Login to get fewer ads

Nous allons, wir gehen, we’re off! on 18:48 - Jan 1 with 1036 viewsgrumpy

Nous allons, wir gehen, we’re off! on 18:21 - Jan 1 by dwayne_dibley

the BBC are paid by The Establishment to feed bullshit to the lower social classes and those it sees as a burden on the state coffers

Rubbish
Nous allons, wir gehen, we’re off! on 19:24 - Jan 1 with 1018 viewsBicester_North

Nous allons, wir gehen, we’re off! on 18:36 - Jan 1 by kentsouthampton

They would have to spend treble that just to make up for the last ten years of cuts.

Ok Ben

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Nous allons, wir gehen, we’re off! on 09:18 - Jan 2 with 910 viewsButty101

Nous allons, wir gehen, we’re off! on 14:20 - Jan 1 by Saintsforeverj

Read the article I posted!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55502252
[Post edited 1 Jan 2021 14:21]

I read that and k look laughed my nuts off. Woman complain about paying 5% tax on tampons. Government says fair enough,our hands are tied as we are in the Eu. Well rather than the government taking the money it went to woman’s charity’s. A great fine gesture. Now those same woman are moaning that because they are not paying tax the charity’s are losing out...

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Nous allons, wir gehen, we’re off! on 10:00 - Jan 2 with 897 viewsBerber

Nous allons, wir gehen, we’re off! on 16:33 - Jan 1 by grumpy

We have no choice but to get on with it, Bison.
I hope you are right and we do flourish as a country going forward.
16 million voted to remain (17 million to leave) so there are a lot of people to convince we have made the right choice, time will tell.

I say this, having voted to remain, but it is not about proving that things will be or are better. Those were arguments promoted by the media, and dismally represented by the remainers. Nobody can ever prove that one future is better than another one, except in our imagination, because we only experience one version.

But you are right by saying that we just have to get on with it. I spent a good bit of my working life fixing broken processes, broken employees and broken businesses. All you can do it look to what you want to achieve, get a plan together, get a team together, set off, and keep walking. If you only take one step forward every day, after a week you can look back and see that you are in a different place, nearer to where you want to be, with a different perspective on the situation.
Nous allons, wir gehen, we’re off! on 10:45 - Jan 2 with 878 viewsdwayne_dibley

Nous allons, wir gehen, we’re off! on 09:18 - Jan 2 by Butty101

I read that and k look laughed my nuts off. Woman complain about paying 5% tax on tampons. Government says fair enough,our hands are tied as we are in the Eu. Well rather than the government taking the money it went to woman’s charity’s. A great fine gesture. Now those same woman are moaning that because they are not paying tax the charity’s are losing out...

not an unreasonable concern as support for such charities should not have had to rely on such a mechanism. You can tell most legislators are male.

Nous allons, wir gehen, we’re off! on 12:46 - Jan 2 with 851 viewsButty101

I’m sure the ladies will be happy to make up the difference.

I would rather the government doesn't tax me even harder to divert my money to charity’s. I would rather personally divert my money to the charity’s close to me.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Nous allons, wir gehen, we’re off! on 14:51 - Jan 2 with 822 viewsJaySaint

Nous allons, wir gehen, we’re off! on 18:36 - Jan 1 by kentsouthampton

Nous allons, wir gehen, we’re off! on 14:55 - Jan 2 with 817 viewsJaySaint

Sky reporter to truck driver at Dover: 'More paperwork & confusion?'
Truck Driver: No, no different to normal actually.'
*awkward pause*
Sky reporter: 'This could be the calm before the storm!!'

Nous allons, wir gehen, we’re off! on 17:32 - Jan 2 with 800 viewsgrumpy

The Tory Government have been in power since 2010.
Nous allons, wir gehen, we’re off! on 17:34 - Jan 2 with 798 viewsgrumpy

Nous allons, wir gehen, we’re off! on 14:55 - Jan 2 by JaySaint

Sky reporter to truck driver at Dover: 'More paperwork & confusion?'
Truck Driver: No, no different to normal actually.'
*awkward pause*
Sky reporter: 'This could be the calm before the storm!!'

So there is no extra paperwork.
Hang on I've seen an elephant fly pass my window.
Nous allons, wir gehen, we’re off! on 19:42 - Jan 2 with 772 viewsBazza

Nous allons, wir gehen, we’re off! on 17:34 - Jan 2 by grumpy

Grumpy and Soggy, if this government were to hand out gold bars to all you both would no doubt complain the bars are too heavy. HNY
Nous allons, wir gehen, we’re off! on 06:09 - Jan 3 with 720 viewsdwayne_dibley

Nous allons, wir gehen, we’re off! on 17:34 - Jan 2 by grumpy

most lorry drivers are too thick to do paperwork, they just kill prossies (Jezza said so)

Nous allons, wir gehen, we’re off! on 09:02 - Jan 3 with 698 viewsBerber

Nous allons, wir gehen, we’re off! on 14:51 - Jan 2 by JaySaint

I have a relative who is a lovely, genuinely caring chap who leans very heavily to the left, and believed that Jeremy Corbyn would lead the Labour party back into halcyon days. But at every election since he has been old enough to vote, he morphs into a rabid, shrieking madman, insisting that the Tories are going to sell off the NHS. On a purely objective basis, I pointed out that since 1979, and everything that followed, and despite left wing claims at every single election since that the NHS will be destroyed or sold off by the Tories, this, to date has not happened. In fact, the biggest influx of private capital into the NHS was instigated by Gordon Brown and supported by the whole Blair cabinet via the Public Finance Initiative. This just elicits a change of subject.

To the claim that the BBC represent government interests. on another post , you won't find any right wingers in the Tory party echoing that, let alone anyone in the government itself. Virtually none of the media are interested in facts, they only want stories, and to make one if there isn't an obvious one there.
Nous allons, wir gehen, we’re off! on 10:25 - Jan 3 with 679 viewsChesham_Saint

Nous allons, wir gehen, we’re off! on 09:43 - Jan 1 by saint22

Let’s we shall we
The tax we pay here now seems to be of little benefit
I like being part of Europe not alone on a little island that offers less and less

For a BUSINESS tycoon you have a piss-poor understanding of geography. We have always been (and always will be) an island off Europe. We haven’t “left” Europe, it’s a physical impossibility, FFS.

I agree however the decline in almost everything these past 3 days has been simply awful...

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Nous allons, wir gehen, we’re off! on 10:42 - Jan 3 with 675 viewsgrumpy

Nous allons, wir gehen, we’re off! on 09:02 - Jan 3 by Berber

I have a relative who is a lovely, genuinely caring chap who leans very heavily to the left, and believed that Jeremy Corbyn would lead the Labour party back into halcyon days. But at every election since he has been old enough to vote, he morphs into a rabid, shrieking madman, insisting that the Tories are going to sell off the NHS. On a purely objective basis, I pointed out that since 1979, and everything that followed, and despite left wing claims at every single election since that the NHS will be destroyed or sold off by the Tories, this, to date has not happened. In fact, the biggest influx of private capital into the NHS was instigated by Gordon Brown and supported by the whole Blair cabinet via the Public Finance Initiative. This just elicits a change of subject.

To the claim that the BBC represent government interests. on another post , you won't find any right wingers in the Tory party echoing that, let alone anyone in the government itself. Virtually none of the media are interested in facts, they only want stories, and to make one if there isn't an obvious one there.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/nhs-privatisation-sale-boris-johnson-conser

Money is being thrown about now because of the Virus, which is right but late and a lot of it wasted for instance Nightingale Hospitals that cant be staffed,PPI that doesn't work, Track and Trace aps that don't work etc.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2021 10:55]
Nous allons, wir gehen, we’re off! on 16:24 - Jan 4 with 611 viewsBerber

Nous allons, wir gehen, we’re off! on 10:42 - Jan 3 by grumpy

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/nhs-privatisation-sale-boris-johnson-conser

Money is being thrown about now because of the Virus, which is right but late and a lot of it wasted for instance Nightingale Hospitals that cant be staffed,PPI that doesn't work, Track and Trace aps that don't work etc.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2021 10:55]

So, if the numbers could not have been contained, where would very sick Covid cases been taken if not the Nightingale hospitals? There is no doubt that money has not been spent to best effect, but given the urgency of getting things done, I'd rather they threw money at it than let the civil servants at the process. They most recent contribution of which is the nonsense administration being asked of returning medics to the vaccination programme.

It is always the same with projects, you need Time, Cost and Quality to be controlled. If you want changes to any one, the others will likely suffer. Time was of the essence, so cost and quality were bound to be impacted in some measure. I don't have a problem with the consequences except that MPs and ministers "abused" the procurement system. We can't ask any organisation to act earlier, do things faster and still do it cheaper and better. The world just doesn't work like that, not even in the EU.

Sorry, I seldom read links on social media, because they are like the Tommy Cooper magic card trick, "It's this one, well this one then." Throws the pack at the guy in the audience, "Find it yourself then." Without any context why should I bother?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024