Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Diallo 22:23 - Jan 4 with 3083 viewscynicalsaint

looked mustard.

and can we put the 'we need another centre back' debate to bed once and for all? fourth (?) best defence in the premier league and don't think we have conceded since Stephens has stepped in for JV
Diallo on 12:17 - Jan 5 with 749 viewsChesham_Saint

Diallo on 12:08 - Jan 5 by 1teeminants

He scored 4 goals the other night ffs albeit for the second team . If that shot would have gone in last night everyone on here would be raving about him, such small margins. He may turn out to be crap but give the kid some slack.

How many times has Tella played for the first team? I don’t understand why people are on his back already. What’s he done to deserve this, or is it that we always have to have someone to knock, FFS?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Diallo on 12:27 - Jan 5 with 733 viewsJaySaint

Diallo on 12:17 - Jan 5 by Chesham_Saint

How many times has Tella played for the first team? I don’t understand why people are on his back already. What’s he done to deserve this, or is it that we always have to have someone to knock, FFS?

I do not believe a single person is on his back. Just appraising what we saw.
You have a different view to me, which is totally fine.

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Diallo on 13:47 - Jan 5 with 676 viewsIngskneeslide

Diallo on 10:54 - Jan 5 by franniesTache

Diallo looked very good last night but lets not get carried away just yet, he's played a couple of games so far and i remember people getting over excited about Boufal too.

Give the lad a full season first and accept he'll have a few off days as well as good ones, instead of claiming he's the new Kante then shitting the bed when he doesn't live up to that standard.

Spot on. This is what drives me nuts about some Saints fans - they massively overhype a player and then berate him when he has duff game. These players are human beings, not robots. For the record I thought Diallo looked classy and it’s great that he has been able to be bedded in gradually due to Romeu playing so well
Diallo on 14:58 - Jan 5 with 647 viewsChesham_Saint

Diallo on 12:27 - Jan 5 by JaySaint

I do not believe a single person is on his back. Just appraising what we saw.
You have a different view to me, which is totally fine.

I won’t necessarily have a different view Jay, it’s just that I’ve yet to form ANY view of this player as haven’t really seen him play a number of games yet and will be open minded in the meantime.

Obafemi on the other hand, hasn’t convinced me he has what it takes...

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Diallo on 15:19 - Jan 5 with 636 viewsDorsetIan

Diallo on 14:58 - Jan 5 by Chesham_Saint

I won’t necessarily have a different view Jay, it’s just that I’ve yet to form ANY view of this player as haven’t really seen him play a number of games yet and will be open minded in the meantime.

Obafemi on the other hand, hasn’t convinced me he has what it takes...

I think sometimes people get berated on here for any kind of negative comment about a player - particularly the young, inexperienced ones - but I think it's fair enough to form first impressions about any player, as long as we do our best to give them the benefit of the doubt and also to allow for them to improve.

I was worried about our midfield yesterday but both Diallo and Armstrong pulled their weight and did little wrong. Even Djenepo - who has not impressed me at all so far- did some nice things.

(I do wonder whether Djenepo's injury helped us though. Walcott is a lot more secure in that position and it meant that we could hold the lead a little more comfortably.)

Also good to see Valery getting a run in midfield. I am nervous when he is our right back but I am happy to see him pushing forward with KWP behind him.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Diallo on 16:09 - Jan 5 with 592 viewsButty101

Diallo on 12:00 - Jan 5 by JaySaint

When you say took his chance nicely. What do you mean?
The unlucky part was a decent shot, that is about it

Other than that, offered nothing. Hard I know, but this is not the first time.
I thought N'Lundulu had much more about him.

Tella got on the end of an ings flick out paced two defenders then curled a great shot in that was just off target. A good effort.

He has had a mixed start, he has had a couple good chances but is yet to score. At least he has a good instinct to get in the positions.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024