Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steve Moran 10:31 - Jan 10 with 1166 viewsChesham_Saint

I see it’s Steve Moran’s 60th birthday today, how old does that make me feel, FFS? Will always be loved by Saints fans for that goal against the skates (and many others). What would he be worth today? Career sadly curtailed at SFC.

He was a good friend of a mate of mine and I’m happy to report he was (and hopefully still is) a very nice guy.

Worthington - Armstrong - MORAN!!

Happy birthday Steve.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Steve Moran on 13:56 - Jan 10 with 1054 viewskingslandstand1

Isn't he now driving lorries in Lincolnshire/Humberside area or something?
Steve Moran on 14:49 - Jan 10 with 1024 viewsChesham_Saint

Steve Moran on 13:56 - Jan 10 by kingslandstand1

Isn't he now driving lorries in Lincolnshire/Humberside area or something?

That’s the last I heard. Something today’s generation of players will never need to contemplate....

Steve Moran on 14:55 - Jan 10 with 1018 viewsA1079

Absolutely Chesham. He was a brilliant striker and scored many useful goals but will always be remembered for that special moment at Pompey which I was fortunate to be there and witness. Possibly THE best moment of my lifetime watching Saints. Coincidentally I am the same age as Steve Moran later this year.

Moran was part of a special team that we had at the time and a golden era for Saints which we have not seen anything like since, but I do feel Ralph is producing the shoots of another golden era if he stays and sees it through and he gets the support of the club.

Moran lives in Market Weighton, East Riding of Yorkshire which is just 8 miles down the road from where I live (and about 15 miles from Hull) not that I personally know him or have seen him but so I am told. Other posters are correct he was or still is involved in the transport business.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2021 21:28]
Steve Moran on 16:16 - Jan 10 with 989 viewsChesham_Saint

Steve Moran on 14:55 - Jan 10 by A1079

Absolutely Chesham. He was a brilliant striker and scored many useful goals but will always be remembered for that special moment at Pompey which I was fortunate to be there and witness. Possibly THE best moment of my lifetime watching Saints. Coincidentally I am the same age as Steve Moran later this year.

Moran was part of a special team that we had at the time and a golden era for Saints which we have not seen anything like since, but I do feel Ralph is producing the shoots of another golden era if he stays and sees it through and he gets the support of the club.

Moran lives in Market Weighton, East Riding of Yorkshire which is just 8 miles down the road from where I live (and about 15 miles from Hull) not that I personally know him or have seen him but so I am told. Other posters are correct he was or still is involved in the transport business.

Absolutely a great moment but I think THEbest moment for me would be the final whistle at the ‘76 final.

Steve Moran on 16:56 - Jan 10 with 964 viewsSadoldgit

How can he be 60? He has never looked older than 13.
Steve Moran on 18:01 - Jan 10 with 924 viewspjt50

Steve Moran on 14:55 - Jan 10 by A1079

For me it came a close second to his winner at Anfield in '81. Possibly the best Saints' player I've seen in one-on-ones with the goalkeeper... until Ings came along.

I remember McMenemy saying in one of his books that he didn't manage one player at Saints who could afford not to work when they finished playing. Seems incredible now.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2021 18:44]

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Steve Moran on 21:27 - Jan 10 with 792 viewsA1079

Steve Moran on 16:56 - Jan 10 by Sadoldgit

How can he be 60? He has never looked older than 13.

I wish I could say the same SOG. I think I have looked 60 for about the last 20 years!
Steve Moran on 14:39 - Jan 11 with 657 viewsSaintNick

Steve Moran on 18:01 - Jan 10 by pjt50

For me it came a close second to his winner at Anfield in '81. Possibly the best Saints' player I've seen in one-on-ones with the goalkeeper... until Ings came along.

I remember McMenemy saying in one of his books that he didn't manage one player at Saints who could afford not to work when they finished playing. Seems incredible now.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2021 18:44]

I'm not sure that McMenemy is completely correct there, Kevin Keegan certainly didnt need to work when he finished playing, Mick Channon didn't need to work but he chose to buy racing stables.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Login to get fewer ads

Steve Moran on 17:00 - Jan 11 with 600 viewspjt50

Steve Moran on 14:39 - Jan 11 by SaintNick

I'm not sure that McMenemy is completely correct there, Kevin Keegan certainly didnt need to work when he finished playing, Mick Channon didn't need to work but he chose to buy racing stables.

I'm sure they wouldn't have been on the breadline but I suppose he meant to keep them in the manner to which they'd grown accustomed. They probably had bookies to support.

Reminds me of that story about Johnny Heitinga (ex-Everton) & his wife from a couple of years ago.  They were finding it difficult adjusting their spending after he retired.  In particular they couldn't afford private jets anymore.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024